Part III

I Love a Taken Man

Yunho couldn't understand why ____ was saying that! People weren't supposed to know why he owed you that much, and of course, because of the curiosity they would ask why... And no one could know why, even less Mr. and Mrs. Lee.

Yunho felt someone looking at him, it made him feel really uncomfortable. He moved on his chair awkwardly and then turned to look at Donghae, who had now completely turned to look at him. His smile came out awkward, so he turned to look at Mr. Lee. Before he could say one word, Mr. Lee talked again.

''Tell me, dear, why does Yunho owe you that much?'' He asked with a laugh and a wide grin. Somehow Mr. Lee really thought that it was some kind of joke, nothing serious at all.

Yunho immediately turned to look at you and kicked you under the table. Because of your sudden reaction to that, everyone was now looking awkwardly at you. Now, you were the one who felt uncomfortable. You let out an uneasy laugh and then bit your lower lip, not knowing what to say.

''I'm sure that's none of our business, love.'' Mrs. Lee said. She saved you. Yunho heaved a sigh and smiled, feeling better.

''Oh, come on, I don't think it has to do with something serious.'' Mr. Lee insisted, but stopped when Mrs. Lee gave him a look.

Donghae turned to look from his parents to Yunho, and then at you. He was sure that something was not right with this conversation.

''Son, did you give Eun Jung her gift?'' Mr. Lee then whispered so that only Donghae could hear him. He nodded and then turned to look back at Eun Jung who was talking with Yoochun and not caring about what was going around her.

Another thing that Donghae found really strange was his parents' relationship with Eun Jung's. He's sure that he has never seen Eun Jung's father before.

''Bond with him!'' Yunho quietly mouthed to you while everyone was now talking about something else.

''What?'' You mouthed back. ''You told me to have fun!'' You complained.

Yunho heaved a sigh and then took his glass of wine.

You politely excused yourself from the table and went into the house. You felt better inside since you were alone (all the guests were outside eating dinner). But, something started to bother you. And it wasn't the thought of Yunho not changing his plan -you knew he wasn't going to-, but actually something else...

t h e  next  d a y

''Good morning. Did you sleep well?''

Donghae nodded and sat down on the dining table. He thanked the maid after she served some food into Donghae's plate and then walked away.

''What did you think about Eun Jung, son?'' Mr. Lee suddenly asked. Donghae looked up from his food to his father. He was confused. Why would his father be asking that? ''Did you talk with her after giving her the gift?''

''Uh...not really.'' Donghae shook his head. ''I guess she's a normal person?''

''Normal?'' Mrs. Lee gasped. She felt guilty and bad for not telling her own son that he was going to be engaged to her, but she was convinced that he may love her and then propose to her by himself...

''Ne, wae? Is there something going on?'' Donghae asked straightfowardly, already tired about not knowing what was going on.

''Come to my office today, arasseo?'' Mr. Lee said without answering to his son's questions. He then stood up and grabbed his tux jacket. ''I'll be waiting for you at 12 p.m.'' He said and then walked away.

l a t e r

Donghae arrived at his father's company and was greeted by everyone as he passed by. Before he was even close to his father's office, he found Yunho talking with someone on the phone. He decided to go see his father first, and then come back to talk with Yunho.

''Annyeong appa. You wanted to see me?'' Donghae said as he walked into Mr. Lee's office.

. . . . .

Donghae was surprised to hear that his father wanted him to stay here in Seoul working in this company instead of going to Japan and work at their Japanese company (both are Mr. Lee's). Mr. Lee asked him to think about it before giving him an answer and then he told him to go away since he was very busy.

''Hey Yun-'' Donghae couldn't finish talking as he saw you inside Yunho's office. He was once again surprised today. Yunho was nowhere in the office but you were. ''Do you work here?'' He suddenly asked.

''Aniyo.'' You said as you closed the magazine you were reading. ''This is Yunho's office, he just asked me to come here, but it seems as though he had an important meeting just now and had to leave.''

''Oh, and are you going to wait for him?'' Donghae asked. He didn't know why, but he was kinda happy to see you here.

You nodded.

''That was fast!'' Yunho smiled as he walked into his office. ''Oh, annyeong Hae. Didn't know you were here. Have you eaten lunch?''

Donghae greeted back and then shook his head.

''Well, ____ brought some food. Would you like to join us?'' Yunho asked. Donghae was about to refuse, but Yunho insisted.

''Gamsahabnida,'' Donghae bowed and took a seat next to you.

''Oh! There's something I need to do.'' Yunho said and then put down his rice bowl. ''Start without me. I'll be right back.'' He said and then walked out of his office, closing the door behind him.

Donghae turned to look at you, starting to feel awkward.


Next Chapter: Bonding time for you and Donghae.

Notes :

#1. Just in case, I know that in Ch. 7 I wrote that Yunho was going to change his plan, well...he's not going to.

#2. To answer your questions: No, Donghae is not interested in Eun Jung. It was that you kinda saw that his eyes ''sparkled'', and 'you' were the one who thought that he was interested.

Replying to the lovely comments:

@BlueRose16: Keke ^_^

@JaeSunHae_cy: Nope, nope, he's not.

@sole_nero: Oh, I see. >.< Well, that's just kind of the way I write all my stories, but I'll try not to change it ok? But, because that's how I write, I guess some chapters will still be written in someone's POV. Again, I'll try to write just some chapters with it, not all of them ^^. Hope it's not a big problem though ):

@hae_ki: Keke ^^ Go OC! Ne, thanks!

Leave some comments, ne? ^^

[Comment Hope you enjoyed]