chapter 4

Being a mute

Author's pov:

1 week later: 

Krystal began walking out of the school. Everyone looked at her and laughed as she walked. She was covered in pudding and garbage. "Oh look who it is-" Yuri was cut off when Krystal punched her. Everyone looked at Krystal in shock. Krystal was raging. Yuri tried to slap Krystal but Krystal was too fast for her and dodged it. Krystal tackled Yuri and began to punch her repeatdently. "HEY HEY HEY!!" The security gaurds yelled. One of them took Krystal and held her back while the other helped Yuri. "Krystal." Sehun said which was able to stop Krystal from trying to attack Yuri again. Krystal looked at Sehun. He stood in between Krystal and Yuri. It's like he had to choose sides. He looked at Yuri and then at Krystal. He mouthed "I'm sorry." To her before he walked to Yuri. Krystal pushed the security gaurd off of her. After that she began to walk home. "KRYSTAL!!" Chanyeol yelled. He ran infront of her. "Krystal are you okay?" He asked. Krystal nodded and then slightly pushed him aside and began walking again. "Krystal." Chanyeol called but Krystal did'nt turn around and instead she began running. After a while, Krystal finally made it to the house. Hyorin looked at Krystal in shock. "Krystal what happened???" Hyorin asked. Krystal ignored her and instead ran upstairs to her room and of course Hyorin followed. "Krystal." Hyorin called. Hyorin looked at Krystal as she began to pack her things. "Krystal." Hyorin called again. Krystal didn't even look at her and instead continued to pack. Hyorin then walked to Krystal and stopped her. "KRYSTAL!! What happened to you." Hyorin said. Krystal looked at Hyorin and shook her head. After that she continued to put her clothes in her suitcase. "Krystal you've only stayed here for a one week." Hyorin said. Krystal shook her head again. Hyorin then grabbed Krystal. "Stop it please.....the more you push me away the harder it is for you...you want to go back to america??" Hyorin said. Krystal didn't respond. "You have nothing there if you go back...." Hyorin said. Krystal looked at her in confusion. "I sold your house.....YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE FAMILY THERE!!.....I know that you want your parents back...I know that you don't want to live here....I know that you thinks it's your fault that your parents died but it isn't.....going back...will only make it worst for you....you'll never be able to handle it...." Hyorin explained. After calming down Krystal took a shower. After wards she sat in her room and closed her eyes. She doesn't want to be here anymore.  

The next day: 

Krystal walked in the school only to be tripped again. They all began laughing.  She stood up and smiled as she bowed. They stared at her in confusion as she began to walk away. "She's weird." A couple of student's said at the same time. She walked in her first period class and sat down. "Your in my seat...move." A girl said. Krystal looked at the girl and did as she was told. She sat down in the back. "Why aren't you suspended?" Yuri said with an aggravting tone. "Yuri just leave her alone." Sehun said as he sat down next to Krystal. "Why are you sitting there?" Yuri asked. Sehun sighed. "Yuri this is my assigned seat." Sehun answered. "Since when?" Yuri asked. "Since you tried to copy my answers on a test." Sehun answered. Yuri rolled her eyes and sat at her seat. Sehun looked at Krystal who had her eyes closed. He then ripped a sheet of paper and wrote something down. He looked around and made sure no one was looking and tapped her. She opened her eyes and looked at Sehun in confusion. He handed her the paper. She opened it. "Are you okay?" It said. She sighed and wrote down her answer. She passed him the paper and he read it. "Yea i'm fine." He read in his head. He looked at Krystal who was already looking at him and smiled. "Good morning class." The teacher said as she walked in causing Krystal to look at the front. "Okay class..this is a topic that I was informed that we have to do...which I don't know why, half of you are seniors already." The teacher said as she began to write down the topic on the board. She placed the chalk down and turned around. "Why should teenagers not have ?" The teacher asked. No one raised they're hand. "Yuri." The teacher called. Yuri looked up from her phone. "Yes?" She asked as she placed her phone in her pocket, "Why should teenagers not have ?" The teacher asked again. "Why would we want to not have ?" Yuri asked as she crossed her arms causing the students to chuckle except Krystal. The teacher sighed. "At least one of you should be a ." The teacher said as she looked at her students.

Everyone one remained quiet. The teacher looked at Krystal who stared out the window blankly. "Krystal." The teacher called. Everyone looked at Krystal. She looked at the teacher. "I'm sure you can answer the question." The teacher said. Krystal stared at the teacher blankly. "She's clearly not a ." Yuri said as she tried to whisper to sunny but she failed. Krystal looked at Yuri and then back at the teacher. "Krystal answer the question." The teacher said. Krystal ignored the teacher and stared out the window again with her arms crossed. "Krystal." The teacher called again. Krystal didn't even bother to look at the teacher. The teacher slammed her hand on the table. "Your attitude is a huge problem...I advise you to fix or it's to the princpal office." The teacher said with a mean tone. "Teens shouldn't have because of teen pregnaces and don't forget there's diseases that you wouldn't want....and once you lose your ity, you can never go back." Sehun said which drew everyone's attention to him. The teacher smiled. "Great answer." She replied. Sehun nodded. A tear then fell from Krystal's eyes. Sehun looked at her with worried eyes. "Are you okay?" He asked out loud causing everyone to look at them. Krystal stood up and ran out the class room as the teacher called her name.  She sat under the steps and began to hit her head. More tears came pouring down. "I don't want to remember....I DON'T WANT TO REMEMBER!!" She thought. Little did she know Chanyeol so happened to watch her run under the stairs. "Hey." He said as he kneeled down. She looked at him. "Are you okay?." He asked. She shook her head. "It's never going to be okay..." She thought. He then hugged her. "It'll be okay...I promise it will get better." He said even though he didn't know the reason why she was crying. 

 Flashback: Age 9: 10:20pm 

Krystal smiled as she layed down. "He kissed my cheek." She said with a smile plastered on her face. It was her crush who gave her a kiss on the cheek as a gift for her birthday. She then heard noises. She got up and walked out her room. "Mom?" Krystal said with her eyes opened wide in shock. It wasn't her mom but her next door neighbor. "Krystal...can you go upstairs please." Her neighbor said as her dad gave her pleasure. "get off of her." Krystal said in worry. Her father stopped and looked at Krystal. He always found his own daughter attractive. She was only nine but she already had curves. She already had s that her father wanted to touch. She was filled with fear. "You wouldn't." The lady said. "I'll be back." He said with a drunk voice. Krystal began to run back upstairs to her room. Her father immediately ran after her. She ran in her room and locked the door. She ran to her closet and hid there. She flinched everytime he banged on the door. "KRYSTAL OPEN THIS DOOR...RIGHT NOW!!" He yelled. He then broke the door down. He searched for her all over the room and the last place to check was the closet. He opened the door and grabbed Krystal. "DAD!! PLEASE DON'T!!" She pleaded. Her father threw her on the bed and began to Strip krystal down. The woman chuckled as she walked in the room. "It's okay Krystal." She said. Krystal smelled the alcohol from both of them. They kissed each other and then He looked back at Krystal who was crying. "Dad no..." Krystal said as she cried. He grabbed her again and finally went in her. Krystal screamed so loud due to the pain...but he didn't stop. The woman made out with him as he his own daughter. "IT HURTS!!" She yelled. But he didn't listen. After he her, he told Krystal not to say anything or he'll do it again to her. Krystal layed on her bed feeling so dirty...so disgusted of herself. 

Later on her mother finally came back from work. "Honey sorry I'm home late. Did you and Krystal eat..." She stopped talking when she looked at  her neighbor who was passed out and . "You did this with Krystal in the house??" She asked. "Krystal's sleeping Boa." He said with a drunk voice. She shook her head and sighed. "Wake her up and tell her that she has to go home." She replied before she went upstairs to check on Krystal. Boa walked in Krystal's room only to see Krystal sleeping. Her mother sighed in relief and then left. Krystal's eyes slowly opened. "It hurts..." She said to herself. Her mother came back downstairs. "She's back at her house?" She asked. He nodded. "Look I'm fine with you drinking and having with other woman but please do not do it in this house." She said. "And why shouldn't I?" He asked with a smile. "Because your own daughter can hear..." She answered. He scoffed. "She probably heard us before." He replied. She sighed. "I get that your needs but I don't care...your not doing it again in this house." She said before she walked upstairs to her room. 

Krystal's 17th birthday: 

"why you let her go to that party." Her father said as he focused on the road. "She's 17. She's not a kid anymore." Boa said as she was on her phone. "Texting your boyfriend?" He asked. She looked at him and then back at her phone. "Yea he told me he got Krystal a birthday gift." She answered. "I don't understand why we can't tell her that we're not together...like you said she's 17, she's not a kid anymore...we hid this from her for years now." He said. "I know....We'll tell her tomorrow..let her have fun on her birthday." She responded. Her father sighed. "What's wrong?" She asked. "I have something to tell you." He said. "What is it?' She asked. "I....I..." He stopped talking. "Tell me." She said. "Remember that day when you told me to not do it in the house?" He asked. She nodded. "....that same day....I.....I Krystal..." He said. Her eyes opened wide. "YOU WHAT?!?!? SHE WAS ONLY 9!!!" Boa yelled. "I know and I'm sorry." He replied. "I should've known....she woke up every night screaming saying it hurts....YOU OUR DAUGHTER!!" She began to yell again. "AND I SAID I WAS SORRY!!" He yelled back. "sorry isn't good enough..." She replied with anger written all over her tone. He sighed. "Stop the car." She said. "What? We're on the highway.." He responded. "I DON'T CARE!!! I don't want to see you nor be next to you...YOU DISGUST ME!!" She began to yell. He then slapped her. She stared at him in shock. "I SAID I WAS SORRY!! ACCEPT IT ALREADY!!" He yelled. She looked at him. "How many times did you her??" She asked. "4." He answered. "4?!?" She yelled. She began to punch him. "STOP IT WE"RE ON THE ROAD!!" He yelled. They then crashed into another car causing the car to roll. Boa groaned in pain. She opened her eyes and noticed that she was upside down. She tried to unbuckle her seatbelt but she couldn't. "The car is about to blow.." He said. "I hate you." She replied. He scoffed. "No....You still love me....just like how I still love you..." He said. He grabbed her hand and held it tight. "I always loved you..." Those were his last words before the car blew up. 

Their furneral: 

Krystal stared at the caskets. "Hey are you okay?" A man asked. Krystal looked at him. "Yunho oppa." She said mouthed as she nodded. He smiled as he sat next to her. "You resemble your mom so much." He said. Krystal slightly smiled. "Your mom was an amazing woman....she never failed to make me smile.." He said. She began to write in her notebook. She then handed it to him. "You make it seem as if you two were dating." He read out loud. Krystal nodded. "That's because we were." He said. She looked at him with wide eyes. "She didn't tell you?" He asked. She shook her head. "Well did she at least tell you that they're not together?" He asked. She shook her head. "Oh my god. I'm so sorry." He said. She stared at her moms casket one more time before they put it in the ground. "Why didn't you tell me...." She thought. "Look if you ever need anything...let me know I'll be there. Okay?" He said. She looked at him and nodded. After a while Krystal finally made it back home. "That's why Yunho was always here....you were together..." She thought as she looked at the picture of her mother. She then placed the picture down. "At least you didn't suffer with dad...." She thought. 

A couple of weeks later: 

She wrote in her notebook quickly and gave it to Yunho. He quickly read it but sighed. "Krystal although I want you to but you can't stay with me....I don't have custody of you...your aunt is the one who does...she's your god mother, she's the one who has to take you when your parents die." Yunho said. Krystal shook her head as tears began to fall. "I'm sorry.." He said as he hugged her. Krystal didn't want to leave him. They grew a bond. He told her everything and she told him everything. She told him what her father did to her. What's crazy is that she didn't even tell her best freiend Amber but she told Yunho. She grew a father-daughter bond with him. She knew he would keep her safe. She knew he would never hurt her like her father did. She shook her head. "I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE!!' She thought. He sighed. "Krystal please...for me." He said. Krystal let go of him and nodded. "I promise I'll come visit." He said. "Promise?" She mouthed. He smiled and nodded. "I promise." He said.