chapter 29

Being a mute

Krystal opened her eyes slowly. As her vision cleared, she looked around finally realizing that she was in the hospital. She tried to sit up but she instantly fell back due to the pain she was feeling. "Hey." A familair voice said causing her to flinch. She looked to her left and there was Jackson who was walking in. "How are you feeling?" He asked. Krystal wanted to answer but for some reason...she couldn't. She opened to say something but no sound came out of . Jackson sighed. "It's okay..you don't have to answer.." He said. Krystal closed her eyes and inhaled and ex-haled slowly. "I heard you scream..." Jackson stopped talking. Krystal opened her eyes and looked at Jackson as he leaned against the wall. "I heard a scream and I instantly knew that it was you....When I saw you laying on the ground...I didn't know what to do...I picked you up and put you in the car......When I took you here and they checked you...they told me your hand was broken...and you had 2 broken ribs...including the injury on your head...not to mention all those bruises on your body...I'm sorry..I'm sorry I couldn't protect you Krystal." jackson finished as tears began to fall down his eyes. Krystal wanted to tell him that it's okay, she doesn't want protection. She wanted to say that she's okay even though she really isn't. But no sound escaped from . 

After a while, Jackson went to the cafeteria to get food while the doctor checked on Krystal. Jackson came back as the doctor finished up. "Good, your here with her food. Make sure she eats all of it." The doctor said. Jackson nodded. He put the tray on the table and walked with the doctor out the room. "I have a question." Jackson said. The doctor stopped walking and so did Jackson. "As time flew by..I noticed something was wrong with Krystal..she hasn't said a word at all. She opened to say something but she couldn't--" Jackson was cut off. "She's in shock..See, when you experienced something that scars you, basically makes you extremely scared, the brain is put into shock..causing the person to have response to it." The doctor said. "What does that mean?" Jackson asked. "Some people would usually have anxiety attacks, etc. However Krystal's brain chose what's she's most comfortable with....being a mute." the doctor answered. Jackson's eyes opened wide. "Wait..so your saying she can’t speak anymore?" Jackson asked. The doctor sighed. “What I’m saying is that she needs time....it takes time for a person to finally calm down...they look okay on the outside but on the inside..they're screwed up..give her sometime to regenerate herself..." The doctor answered before finally leaving. Jackson massaged his temples. “who would do this to her??” Jackson asked himself. 

Eli ran in the hospital. "Excuse me!! I'm looking for Krystal Jung." Eli said to the woman. However the woman wasn't listening. She was paying attention to person she was talking on the phone. “Excuse me.” Eli repeated. The woman looked at him and then looked away. Eli groaned in frustration. After at least 5 more minutes, the woman finally got off the phone. “Can I help you?” She asked. Eli scoffed. “I’m looking for Krystal jung, what room is she in??” Eli asked back. The woman cursed under her breath as she searched for Krystal’s name on the computer in front of her. “She’s on the third floor, room 35B.” The woman answered. “What’s with the B?” Eli asked. “It’ in the b wing…meaning the middle, are we done now?” The woman asked. Eli scoffed once more. “Thank you.” Eli forced himself to say. “Before you go, sign here and take this visitor’s pass.” The woman said. Eli did as he was told and took the visitors pass. Afterwards he made his way to Krystal’s room. And there he saw Krystal who was watching TV. “Oh my god..” Eli said to himself as he looked at the bruises on her face and arms, not to mention, the cast around her hand. He was about to walk in but was stopped when his phone rang. Eli immediately noticed Krystal was about to turn her head to face the door and so he moved so she can’t see him. He quickly answered the phone and whispered. “What do you want??” Eli asked not caring who it is. “Eli somethings wrong with Min.” Kevin answered. “What are you talking about?” Eli asked in panic. “H-he was okay when I put him to bed but when he woke up, he had a high fever and he still has it..what do I do??” Kevin asked in panic. “Okay okay okay, don’t panic. I’m coming to pick you guys up.” Eli rapidly said before hanging up the phone. He took a quick peak at Krystal and then he ran out. 

The next day:

Jackson opened his eyes. he squinted due to the sun hitting his face. After finally adjusting to the light, Jackson looked at Krystal. He frowned when he noticed how much she was sweating and how fast she was breathing. He knew she was sleeping and right then and there it hit him…she was having a nightmare. He immediately stood up and walked to her bed. He repeatedly shook her. “Krystal….Krystal.” He called twice. It was no use and so he yelled her name causing her to rise up, opening her eyes wide. As soon as she did that she screamed in pain. He knew she was scared…no scratch that..she was terrified. Tears fell down from her face. Flashes of what happened that night haunt her. “How could she do this to me?!?!?” Krystal thought. Jackson sighed as he carefully laid her back down. “You were having a nightmare weren’t you?” Jackson asked. Krystal nodded slowly. “Who did it Krystal? Who did this to you?” Jackson asked. Krystal shook her head as she slowly closed her eyes. Jackson decided to let it go because She was extremely tired due to all the nightmares she was having. Jackson sighed as he washed his face in the bathroom. He too was extremely tired but he pushed the tiredness away. He had to be beside her at all times. He felt that if he wasn’t, he would lose her again. He ruffled his hair as he walked out. He looked at her as she was sleeping. He sighed once more as he sat down. He tried to think. “Who could possibly do this to her…they didn’t steal anything nor touch her in a bad way, Who would want to see her hurt?..…..wait a minute…” Jackson paused for a second. It took him a couple of seconds to finally say the name. “Jessica….” He said. 

Sehun sighed as he threw himself on the bed. “Have you seen Krystal Chanyeol??” Sehun asked. Chanyeol looked at Sehun as he ate his ramen. “Does it look like I seen her?” Chanyeol said with his mouth full. Sehun groaned in frustration. “WHERE IS JESSICA?!?!” Sehun yelled as he whined like a little kid. “We only have two more days Sehun…and then we go home.” Chanyeol said making Sehun whine more. “DAMN IT!!” Sehun yelled. They both then heard the door slam. They both looked at Jessica as she took of her jacket. “What.” She said as she threw her jacket on the bed. “Where have you been?!?” Sehun asked. “Doing what you asked me too.” She answered calmly as she sat down. Chanyeol instantly knew she did something that wasn’t good. “What did you do??” Chanyeol asked as he walked to her. Jessica smirked not answering his question. “Jessica, what.did.you.DO?” Chanyeol asked one more time. Jessica sighed. “Sehun want’s Eli and Krystal to break up, I’m working on it…I haven’t officially done anything yet.” Jessica lied. “Your lying—“ Chanyeol was cut off. “So what are you going to do?” Sehun asked. Chanyeol gave Sehun the are-you-serious-face. “REALLY?!? ARE YOU ING SERIOUS?!? ARE YOU THAT STUPID TO TRY TO BREAK HER RELATIONSHIP UP?!?” Chanyeol yelled. “If that’s what it takes then yeah.” Sehun responded. Chanyeol shook his head. “I bet you think she will run back to you when your plan succeeds…but she won’t…she hates you Sehun…you hurt her…not just once but MANY TIMEs—“ Chanyeol was cut off. “AND I’M GOING TO MAKE UP FOR THAT!! When we’re together.” Sehun said. Chanyeol shook his head again “Whatever…do your stupid plan..I’m going home.” Chanyeol replied. “Chanyeol wait.” Sehun said. Chanyeol grabbed his things and then began walking to the door. “I HOPE YOUR ING PLAN FAILS!!” Chanyeol yelled before leaving, slamming the door behind him. Sehun ruffled his hair and then he ran after Chanyeol. 

“Dude what is your ing problem??” Sehun asked as he followed Chanyeol. “You. Your the problem…your really just making Krystal hate you more….Jessica? Really, your using Jessica?? Are you stupid? She’s not going to help you, in fact, she’s going to make all the even worse….and I’m done…I’m done seeing Krystal cry and hurt…if you really loved her you would want her happy—“ Chanyeol was cut off. “And she’ll be happy with me.” Sehun said causing Chanyeol to stop walking and turn around, facing him. “WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?! AM I NOT GETTING THROUGH YOUR THICK ING SKULL OF YOURS?!?! THIS PLAN IS IDIOTIC!! Stop it before you do more damage.” Chanyeol replied. Sehun scoffed.  “If you don’t want to help me then leave.” Sehun responded. Chanyeol sighed giving up. “Fine…don’t come to me, asking me for help when this stupid plan of yours fails.” Chanyeol said before he went to his car. Sehun watched him as he put his belongings in the car. “Chanyeol wait.” Sehun said causing Chanyeol to look at him. Sehun sighed. “Whatever you do….don’t tell anyone that I’m here..” Sehun said. “By anyone you mean Kai?” Chanyeol asked. Sehun nodded as he sighed once again. Chanyeol scoffed as he got in his car. Sehun watched Chanyeol as he his car and began to drive away. “You don’t need him Sehun…he was wasting our time anyway.” Jessica said.