chapter 18

Being a mute

Krystal opened her eyes slowly. She sat up and stretched. After wards she looked at her phone. It was 10:00 am. She stood up and went downstairs trying not to make any noise. "Krystal?" A familiar voice called causing Krystal tp jump in shock. "Oh sorry I didn't mean to scare you." He said. Krystal turned around and it was the one and only Jackson. Krystal's heart skipped a beat when he smiled at her. "Are you hungry? There's breakfast downstairs. I was actually coming to get you." Jackson asked. Krystal nodded slowly. Jackson signaled her to follow him. They both walked in the kitchen. Krystal was startled by the group of boys who were eating as if they haven't eaten in months. "Guys this is Krystal." Jackson said but he got no response. Jackson frowned. "Guys." He called. He still got no response from them. Jackson sighed. "GUYS!!" He yelled causing all of them to stop eating and looked at Jackson. "This is Krystal. She will be staying here with us for a while." Jackson said. They all immediately got up and ran to Krystal. They all were in choas telling Krystal that she was beautiful and argueing who was going to get her. "GUYS!!!" Jackson yelled causing them to stop. "Krystal these idiots are my brothers...JB, Jr, Bam Bam, and Mark...Youngjae isn't here. Which is his room where your sleeping at." Jackson explained to Krystal. She nodded. "Okay now you can go back to eating." Jackson said. They all rushed back to the table and continued eating their food like wild animals. Jackson chuckled. Jackson then took the plate that he left for Krystal and gave it to her. "I suggest you eat that upstairs or they'll take your food." Jackson said as he handed the plate to her. Krystal nodded in understandment. 

She sat in the attic and slowly ate the food. "I should've got something to drink." Krystal thought. Krystal flinched when she heard someone called her name. She looked at the person and it was Jackson. "I got you something to drink." Jackson said as he placed the orange juice on the table. Krystal smiled and nodded. He sat across from her and watched her as she ate her food. He crossed his arms. "Krystal...can you ever speak again?" Jackson asked. Krystal stopped eating and looked at him. "Sorry...I shouldn't have asked." Jackson apologized. Krystal stood up and took out her notebook and began writing. Jackson stared at her in confusion as she handed him the notebook. "I can...but the process is too much and cost way to much." Jackson read in his head. Jackson looked at Krystal as she sat back down and continued eating. "Can't your parents help you pay for it?" Jackson asked causing Krystal to drop her fork on the floor. Jackson immediately knew that he shouldn't have asked that. "I'm sorry." Jackson said before he stood up. He was about to walk out but Krystal stopped him. She felt as if she had to tell him everything. She felt this connection with him. She sighed as she let go of his arm. "Krystal You can tell me...well write it to me...I will read every single word you write...I will not judge you..." Jackson said. Krystal nodded before she grabbed the notebook. She sat down and began to write as fast as she can. Jackson sat back down across from her watching her write. After a while she finally stopped. She looked at him and he looked at her. He got confused when she stood up. "what?" He asked. She pointed out the door. "You want me to leave?" He asked. She nodded as she pulled him up and began pushing him out the room. "Wait what about the note book?" He asked as he was being dragged. She handed him the notebook and ran back inside the room. "Ah I get it now...she wants me to read it alone." He said as he walked to his room. He sat down on his bed and began to read it. She told him about her life....and when I say life I mean everything. She told him how her father her...how she lost her voice....how she was alone when her parents died...she wrote how she fell in love with a guy who didn't even notice her..who just helped her out when she was bullied...she told him how her sister was one of them as well...she also mentioned how she got pregnant due to being drunk and that the father is the one who didn't notice her..who thought she was a joke...she wrote that her sister ran over her with a car causing her to be in a coma for two months...she practically told him everything that happened all the way till now. 

5:30 pm 

Jackson closed the note book and sighed. This is like the 100th time he has read it. "She's been through so much...I wonder how she's able to handle it..." Jackson said to himself. He wondered how she was able to tell him. I mean they barely knew each other. He too has felt this connection with her. He felt the desire to protect her...to take care of her and her unborn baby. He felt as if it was his destiny to help her. Jackson stood up and ruffled his hair. He made sure to hide the notebook so no one else could read it. He left the room and walked downstairs. "Hey." Jackson said as he walked in the kitchen. "Oh I was about to text you." Yungyeom said. "For? and where is everyone?" Jackson asked. "They left and Wanna go out?" Yungyeom asked. "Ewwwww that's disgusting." Jackson said in disgust. "NOT LIKE THAT!!!" Yungyeom yelled. Jackson chuckled. "I know, I was just playing with you." Jackson replied. "What ever, let's go." Yungyeom said as he stood up from the seat. "What about Krystal?" Jackson asked. "What about her?" Yungyeom asked back. "We're just going to leave her here?" Jackson asked. "Uh yea." Yungyeom answered. "We can't leave her alone." Jackson replied. "Yes we can. She'll be fine." Yungyeom said before he dragged Jackson out of the house. After a while of having fun, Jackson and Yungyeom decided to go home. Jackson checked the time and sighed. "Dude it's only 7:10pm. It's not like we left her alone for a day. And are you gonna finish that sandwich?" Yungyeom said as they both walked. "I know. And yes I am." Jackson replied. Yungyeom then stopped walking. Jackson looked at him in confusion. "What's the matter?" Jackson asked. Yungyeom pointed at the place and Jackson's eyes followed. "OH HELL NO!!" Jackson yelled. "Come on..let's get our fortunes told." Yungyeom pleaded. "No no no." Jackson replied. "I'MA CRY IF WE DON'T!!" Yungyeom yelled. Jackson hated when Yungyeom cried. "OKAY FINE!" Jackson yelled back. "Yay let's go." Yungyeom said as he began to pull Jackson to the inside. 

"Hi." Yungyeom said as he sat down. Jackson sat down as well as he ate his sandwich. "No eating in here." The woman said. "Oh really? Great I'll wait out side then." Jackson said as he stood up again. Yungyeom held Jackson, grabbed the sandwich and threw it in the garbage. "DUDE I WAS EATING THAT!!" Jackson yelled in frustration. "SO?" Yungyeom said. "I'M LEAVING---" Jackson was cut off. "SIT!!" Yungyeom yelled. Jackson sighed and did as he was told. Yungyeom smiled and sat down. "What can I help you with?" The woman asked. "Okay....I want you tell me about Jackson's love life." Yungyeom answered. "WHY ME?!?!" Jackson yelled. "Cause you haven't dated in 2 years." Yungyeom answered. "Maybe I don't feel like dating." Jackson replied. "Or maybe your afraid of getting hurt again." Yungyeom said with a serious tone. Jackson sighed. "Fine whatever." Jackson said as he crossed his arms. "Okay...now...will he fall in love soon?" Yungyeom asked. The woman closed her eyes and focused. "Yes." She answered. Jackson and Yungyeom looked at each other. "In fact....his soulmate is near." The woman added. "Wait what?" They both asked at the same time. The woman opened her eyes and looked at Jackson. "Your soulmate...is near." The woman repeated. "There's no such thing." Jackson replied. "So your a non believer." The woman said. Jackson scoffed and stood up. "I'm leaving." Jackson said. The woman immediately stood up. "Your afraid." The woman said causing Jackson to stop. Jackson looked at the woman. "Look...I know you need some money so you put up this stupid act making everyone believe that you are a psychic. So here." Jackson said as he placed a 20 dollar bill on the table. "I will not let you tell me what i want nor what I need....I am a psychic--" The woman was cut off. "Yea sure you are." Jackson said. "Jackson calm down." Yungyeom said noticing how Jackson started to become angry. "I think your afraid." The woman repeated. "Afriad of what?" Jackson asked. "To fall in love again." The woman answered causing Jackson's eyes to open wide. "you...YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!!!" Jackson began to yell. "I Know what there is to be known....your afraid of love...of the feeling that you once felt before--" The woman was cut off. "NO I'M NOT!!" Jackson yelled. "YES YOU ARE!!!" The woman yelled back. "YOU THINK JUST BECAUSE YOU CLAIM THAT I HAVE A SOULMATE, DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT'S TRUE!!" He yelled back. "It is." The woman replied. "Oh really?...THEN WHERE IS SHE?!?! WHAT DOES SHE LOOK LIKE?!?" He yelled. The woman flinched as Jackson yelled. Yungyeom knew it was going to be hard to calm him down. "Jackson--" Yungyeom was cut off. "Shut up...she claims to know who my soulmate is...so tell me..who is she..what does she look like...how do we meet? HOW?!?" He began to yell again before he threw the chair across the room. "Y-you met her before...in fact she's pregnant...." The woman answered. Jackson's anger began to disappear. "P-pregnant?" He asked to make sure. The woman nodded in fear. 

Krystal looked at her stomach through the mirror. "I'm getting fat because of you." She thought as she rubbed her stomach. She sighed as she sat down. "I wonder if they are looking for me....is Sehun looking for me?....why am I even thinking about him...stop it Krystal..Your going to live a new life." Krystal thought. Krystal then heard footsteps coming to the attic. She automatically laid down and acted like she was sleeping. "i know your not sleeping." Someone said. She frowned when she knew that it wasn't Jackson's voice. She opened her eyes. "Mark?" She thought. "If you don't mind...I'll like to play the piano for a while." Mark said as he walked to the piano. Krystal watched him as he played. She didn't know what the song was but it was so lovely. She stood up and walked to him. She looked at him in shock as she saw tears falling from his eyes. "W-What should I do???' She thought. Mark stopped playing the piano. He stood up and tried to walk away only to trip. Krystal tried to help him up but he refused. She kneeled down and looked at him in sorrow. "Why did she have to leave me??" Mark asked. Krystal finally understood. The woman he loved left him. She immediately hugged him. He embraced the warmth that she gave him and hugged her back. "Why?...WHY DID SHE HAVE TO DIE?!?!" He began to yell. Krystal's eyes opened wide. "She died..." She thought. Mark tried to get out of her hug but she refused to let him go. "Stop it....you need this...you need to cry just like I needed it as well.." She thought. After a while, Mark stopped struggling. She looked at him and realized that he was sleeping. "He cried himsef to sleep." She thought. She then dragged him to the bed and placed him on it. She covered him with the blankets. "I wonder what's his story....what's all of their stories..." Krystal thought.