chapter 10

Being a mute

One week later: 

Krystal walked down the halls of the school. Everytime she see's Sehun, even when their alone, he always leaves. It's like he's avoiding her. She sighed as she stared at the floor while walking. Her not paying attention to what's a head of her caused her to bump into someone. "Watch it." A guy said. Krystal bowed. He stared at Krystal with a smirk. "so your the one everyone is talking about." He said. She looked at him in confusion. "The girl who got marked by Yuri." He added. She nodded slowly. "I'm Kai also known as Kim Jongin and you are?" He introduced. "Not intrested." She thought. She stared at him in confusion as to why he's talking to her. "Ah so your the quiet type...I can live with that." He said. Krystal flinched when the bell rang. She bowed once again and began walking to her class, only to be followed by Kai. "So how's it going for you now?...You know....after the students ganged up on you last week." He said. Krystal rolled her eyes. "Can you please leave me alone man.." Krystal thought. "So your not going to answer--" Kai was cut off when he was pulled. Krystal didn't bother to turn around and instead continue walking to call. "What did you two talk about?" Jessica asked. "Nothing--" He was cut off. "I'm only going to ask twice. What did you two talk about?" She said. "Well I was the only one talking and I just asked questions on how she was." Kai answered. "And what did she say?" Jessica asked. "Nothing...she remained silent." Kai answered. "I don't get it.." Jessica said. "Don't get what?" Kai asked. "She hasn't spoken since she's gotten here....why is that?" She asked. Kai shrugged. "Can I get a kiss now?" He asked with a smile. Jessica looked at him. "In your dreams Kim Jongin." Jessica said before she started walking to class. 

Krystal sighed again as she wrote down her notes. "Hey..." Sehun whispered. Krystal glanced at Sehun and then went back to taking notes. "Can we talk after class?" He whispered. Krystal looked at him. "So now you wan't to talk?" She thought."Meet me at the staircase." Sehun said Krystal nodded. Sehun smiled which caused Krystal's heart to beat extremely fast. "Stop falling for him Krystal, it'll never work out.." She thought. After a while, the bell finally rung. Krystal was the last one to leave the room. "Hey." Sehun said. Krystal turned around. "I told you to meet me by the stairs." Sehun said. Krystal sighed. "You wasn't going to go....were you?" He asked. Krystal looked at Sehun and shook her head slowly. "Look I know I've been distant with you the past week but..." Sehun paused. "Sehun?" Yuri asked. Sehun sighed as he rolled his eyes. "Why are you talking to her?" Yuri asked. Sehun looked at Krystal and mouthed sorry to her. Krystal already knew where this was going. "She wanted to apologize for what she did to you." Sehun said. Krystal looked at him with wide eyes. "Oh really? I don't hear a apology." Yuri said with a mean disgusted tone. Krystal sighed. "Krystal apologize." Sehun said. Krystal scoffed and then began walking away. "She seems to like you Sehun...I think you should stay away from her." Yuri said. 

After school: 

Krystal began walking home from school. "Krystal." Chanyeol called as he ran to her. Krystal stopped walking. "I just want to apologize for not being there for you. I'm really sorry Krystal." Chanyeol apologized. Krystal smiled and nodded. Chanyeol sighed in relief and hugged her. "I had to quit the soccer team." Chanyeo admitted. Krystal pushed Chanyeol off of him and looked at him in confusion. "It's the only way I can be your friend....I had to choose between you or them..." Chanyeol answered her thoughts. Krystal slapped Chanyeol's arm. "OWWW What was that for??" He asked as he rubbed his arm. Krystal then began walking away. Chanyeol began to follow her. "Krystal don't be mad or sad that I quit the soccer team. It's a good thing. I hated being popular anyway." Chanyeol said which made Krystal stop walking. She looked at him in confusion. "Too much attention is being drawn towards me. I want to be left alone." Chanyeol answered her thoughts. Krystal sighed again and began walking again. "Krystal---" Chanyeol was cut off when Sehun called her name. They both stopped walking and looked at Sehun who walked towards them. "Can we help you?" Chanyeol asked as he crossed his arms. Sehun scoffed. "So now you want to be her friend again?" Sehun asked. Krystal felt the tension between the two and so she began walking away. "Krystal." They both called her. She stopped and turned around. "Can we please talk?" Sehun asked. Krystal shook her head and began to walk again. Chanyeol scoffed. "You must be an idiot." Chanyeol said as he watched Krystal walking further and further away. Sehun smacked Chanyeol's arm. "How am I an idiot huh???" Sehun asked. Chanyeol began walking. "Dude how am I an idiot? Just because I want to talk to her?" Sehun asked as he followed Chanyeol.

"Your an . You try to be her friend when no one's around but then when people are around you become a ." Chanyeol answered. Sehun ran up to Chanyeol and stopped him from walking. "I tried being her friend but she just doesn't cooperate. I try to talk to her but she never responds--" Sehunw as cut off when Chanyeol scoffed. "Have you let her--" Chanyeol was cut off. "WRITE?!?! THAT'S ALL SHE DOES!!" Sehun yelled. Chanyeol shook his head and began walking away. "CHANYEOL!!" Sehun yelled. Chanyeol turned around as he walked backwards. "She's a mute." He answered. He then turned around and continued walking as Sehun watched him with wide eyes. "SHE'S A MUTE?!?!" Sehun yelled. "YES YOU !!" Chanyeol yelled back. "That's why she always wrote in that notebook....." Sehun said to himself. 

Later that night: 

Krystal walked out of the corner store. She sighed in frustration when she saw the rain pouring down. She then began to walk. After a while she didn't feel no more rain falling on her. She looked to her left and there stood Sehun with his umbrella. She sighed once more. "I'm sorry." Sehun said. Krystal looked at him in confusion. "Your a mute..." Sehun answered her thoughts. "Chanyeol must of told him.." Krystal thought. "I.....I just have to check one thing." Sehun said. Krystal looked at him in confusion. He then kissed her. She stared at him with wide eyes. She began to respond even though she didn't want to. "No.....no this isn't right..." Krystal thought.