chapter 30

Being a mute

The next day: 

Eli watched Min as he was sleeping. They were indeed in the hospital. Min had a high fever and he was only a few weeks old. "Hey." Kevin said as he walked in. Eli looked at Kevin and gave him a weak smile. "I'm tired Kevin..." Eli said. "Then go to sleep, I'll watch Min--" Kevin was cut off. "No...I'm tired of all the drama I have to go through to be with Krystal..." Eli said. Kevin sighed. "Well what did you expect...a perfect romance?....she was running away from home when you met her...you should've immediately knew that she had a bad past, that sooner or later, was going to catch up with her." Kevin replied. Eli sighed. "I don't know what to do...The father of Min came to take her from me...and I think I should let him--" Eli was cut off. "What?? You did not just say that...your just gonna give up like that? So what if he wants her back...she loves you and you love her--" Kevin was cut off. "Kevin I don't care anymore...I'm tired...I'm tired of all this bull crap...I thought the drama in my life ended when Mom died but...seems like another episode was created when I met Krystal.....I can't..I just can't...I'm done.." Eli said before he stood up and left the room. Kevin sighed as he sat down. "You miss your mom don't you?" Kevin asked to the sleeping Min. 

Krystal stared into space as she ate her food. She missed Min badly. All she wanted to do was hold him in her arms. She had 6 weeks until her ribs heal and then she could go home. "Hey." Jackson said as he walked in the room. Krystal looked at Jackson and gave him a weak smile. Hi is what she wanted to say but she couldn't. Jackson sighed as he sat down. "I know who did this to you...it was Jessica wasn't it?" He asked causing Krystal's eyes to open wide. Jackson sighed once more. "Are you going to report her?" Jackson asked. Krystal shook her head slowly making Jackson frown. "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!? SHE BEAT YOU UP!!....SHE GAVE YOU TWO FREAKING BROKEN RIBS, SHE BROKE YOUR HAND...SHE RAN YOU OVER WITH HER ING CAR!! SHE HURT YOU SO MANY TIMES.....and your not going to report her?.." Jackson said causing Krystal to flinch everytime he yelled. Jackson sighed again as he massaged him temples. "Look Krystal...I love you..." Jackson paused. Krystal's eyes opened wide as he admitted his feelings towards her. "When You left..I went crazy...and when I finally found you..I didn't want to let go...I don't want to lose you...but what your doing, is going to get you killed...she wants to hurt you for whatever reason she has...and I can't stand seeing you hurt...I won't say anything because I respect your wishes...but...I want you to think it over...don't be scared to report just because she's your sister....think about it.." Jackson finished before he left the room. 

Two hours later: 

Krystal waited for Jackson to come back but he never did. It seemed that he needed time for himself and she respected that. She flinched when she heard a familar voice calling her name. She looked at the person and it was the one and only Eli. She imediately rose up but fell back down due to pain. He immediately went to her. "How are you feeling?" He asked. Krystal nodded indicating that she's fine but Eli knew she was lying. "Krystal Min's in the hospital." Eli said causing Krystal's eyes to open wide. She tried to rise up again but Eli stopped her. "No don't get up, he's feeling better." Eli said. Krystal was still worried for her son. "Krystal...I know now is not the right time to say this but..." Eli paused. Krystal looked at Eli waiting for him to finish. Eli sighed. "I....I want to break up..." Eli said causing Krystal's eyes to open wide once more. He saw her look away. "I'm sorry.." He said. He then gave her a kiss on the cheek and after wards he left her alone in the room. Eli walked away from the room but stopped when he heard Krystal scream. Not out of fear but out of hurt. He wanted to turn around but instead he kept on going. That scream was the first sound that came out of . Krystal cried. "Did...did he just...leave me.." Krystal said out loud. She grabbed her cell phone. She knew who she had to call. 

"Hey." A familar voice said. Krystal looked at the man and smiled. "Chanyeol." She said. Chanyeol smiled and hugged her. She winced in pain and he quickly let go. "Sorry. How are you feeling?" He asked. She shook her head. "Crappy.." She finally admitted. Chanyeol nodded. "Where's your boyfriend?" Chanyeol asked as he sat down. Krystal gave Chanyeol a weak smile. "We broke up..." She answered. Chanyeol frowned. "Because of Jessica??" He asked. She shook her head even though she had no idea what he was talking about. "I guess..He was sick of my drama." She answered. Chanyeol sighed. "Clearly something is wrong with your heart...you always go after guys who hurt you.." Chanyeol said. Krystal nodded as tears began to fall from her eyes. "What do I do??" She asked. Chanyeol stood up and hugged her carefully, so he wouldn't hurt her. "You should run away again...run away with Min." He answered. "What?" She asked. Chanyeol let her go and sat back down. "Sehun won't stop until he gets you...he doesn't realize that he's hurting...I really think you should go....take Min with you...and please make sure you call me.." Chanyeol explained. Krystal sighed. "I'm tired of running.." Krystal said. "You only did it once but okay." Chanyoel jokingly said causing Krystal to giggle. "I actually did it twice." She replied. Chanyeol looked at Krystal. "Oh my god Krystal Jung...you bad girl." Chanyeol jokingly said. Krystal chuckled. "It's a long story." She responded. "A long story that I'm dying to hear." Chanyeol replied causing Krystal to chuckled. And so..Krystal had story time with Chanyeol. 

Eli sighed as he walked home. He stared at the ground as he walked. causing him to bump into someone. "I'm sorry." Eli said as he helped the lady up. "It's fine." The lady replied as she dusted herself off. "Mind helping me with my bag?" She asked as she pointed at her purse and all the stuff out of it. They both then bent down and picked up all of her stuff and put it in her purse. "Thank you." She said. "No problem." Eli said as he gave her her purse. He then went up the stairs to his house and began unlocking his door. "Hey." Eli turned around. "Can I help you?" He asked. The lady shook her head. "No..but it seems that you need help." She answered. Eli gave the woman a weak smile. "I'm fine." He responded. "No..your hurt." She replied. Eli chuckled. "Thanks for noticing." He said. The woman nodded. "Wanna go get coffee?" She asked. Eli thought for a moment. He locked his door. "Yeah I would love that." He answered. The woman smiled as she looked at Eli walked down the stairs. "So what's your name?" She asked. "My name is Eli." He answered as they both walked. The lady smiled. "My name is Jessica." She replied.