chapter 37

Being a mute

Krystal woke up. "Hey." Jackson said with a smile plastered on his face. Krystal smiled. "Hi." She replied. Her smile immediately disappeared when she noticed cops are in her room. "What's happening?" She asked as she sat up. "They're here to protect you." Jackson answered. "From what?" She asked as she looked at Jackson. "From Jessica and Yuri." Jackson answered. Krystal's eyes opened wide. "Can you guys give us a minute please." Krystal requested. The cops nodded and they left the room. Jackson sighed knowing she was about to complain. "You went to the cops? Why?" She asked with a frustrated tone. "I had enough of this krystal...I can't stand seeing you hurt---" Jackson was cut off. "I understand Jackson but I don't care about me...all I want is my son back....now that the cops are after them they probably would hurt them..." Krystal said with a sad tone. "They won't be able to hurt a child...he's a baby...they won't have the guts...they'll be too scared---" Jackson was cut off once more. "And that's suppose to make me feel better?" She asked. "No. It's not...what I'm trying to say is that if we don't get the police to help they won't be put behind bars and you won't get your son back...I understand you don't want Jessica to go to jail but she did so much things to you that she deserves it." Jackson explained. Krystal remained silent. "I know your scared Krystal..your scared that they're going to do something to Min...have faith okay...I'm here to help you and so are the cops..stop being scared." Jackson said. Tears began to fall from Krystal's eyes. "Jackson...I've been to hell and back so many times...fear is all I know how to feel..." Krystal replied. Jackson looked at Krystal. "When was the first time where you felt safe? Where you was able to let your guard down?...remember that moment...remember that moment when you didn't feel scared...where you wasn't worried..." Jackson responded. Krystal looked at Jackson as he walked out of the room. 

After a while Krystal was finally able to walk around the hospital. She groaned in pain as she tried to stretch out her shoulders. She began walking again. She smiled as she saw children running in the hallway. All those children were patients. Krystal noticed one girl who was all by herself. "Hi." A little girl said as she walked to her. Krystal squat down. "Hi." She replied with a smile. The girl smiled. Krystal saw herself in that little girl. It was a girl who was scared of everything  just like her. A girl who has been through hell but managed to survive. "My name is Dani." The little girl said. "Nice to meet you Dani. My name Is Krystal" Krystal replied. Dani smiled.  "Wanna play with me?" Dani asked. "Aren't you playing with the other kids?" Krystal asked. Dani's smile disappeared. "None of them like me...they said there's no purpose of befriending me because I'm going to die anyway.." Dani answered with a sad tone. Krystal looked at the girl with worry. "I'll play with you." Krystal said with a smile as she held Dani's hands. Dani immediately smiled. "Dani didn't I tell you to not wonder off?" A guy said as he walked to them. Dani looked at him and frowned. "I'm playing with my friend Krystal." Dani replied. "I don't care...you had me worried sick." The guy said. "Sorry oppa.." Dani apologized with her head hung low. Krystal stood up and turned around. "hey don't be hard on her. She has enough troubles with the kids." Krystal said to him. "I understand that--" The guy was cut off. "Clearly you don't if your being hard on her for just trying to make a new friend." Krystal said. The guy remained silent. He tried to analyze her face but her hair blocked it. Krystal looked at the little girl with a smile. "Come on." Krystal said. Dani nodded and began walking with Krystal. The guy grabbed Krystal's arm and turned her around causing her face to finally show to him. His eyes opened wide in shock. "K-Krystal?" He said in shock. Krystal looked at him. "It's me...Taeyang. Do you remember?" He asked. Krystal thought for a moment. Her eyes opened wide in shock. "T-taeyang." She stuttered.  

Flash back: Age 15

Krystal was walking home from school. She knew today was going to be another day of her father doing bad things to her. She didn't want to go home be she had no where else to go. She sighed as she walked. Her not paying attention caused her to bump into someone. Krystal fell to the ground. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry." A boy said. Krystal nodded she was about to get up but she saw his hand extended to help her up. Krystal gave him a weak smile and took his hand. He helped her up. Krystal immediately blushed. It was one of her classmates. But she never really talked to him...well she can't talk to anyone. She just secretly kept her eyes on him. Yes...she had a little crush on him. "My name is Taeyang." He said. Krystal nodded. She took her notebook that was on the ground. She opened it and wrote down her name. She showed him the paper. He smiled. "Oh I already know your name" He said. Krystal gave him a weak smiled. "Umm I couldn't help but notice that you seem sad...is everything okay?" He asked. Krystal looked at Taeyang. He's the first person to notice. She shook her head. He nodded in understandment. "Well...do you have to be home now?" He asked. She shook her head once more. Taeyang smiled. She grabbed her hand and began walking. She immediately stopped. He looked at her flashing his eye smile. "Don't worry. I'm going to make you feel better." He said. Krystal looked at him in confusion wondering whether to go with him or not. "Hey...trust me." He said. Krystal nodded slowly and she let him take her where he wanted.

She stared at the ocean wondering what she's doing here. "I always come here when I'm sad or mad...this place helps me cool down." Taeyang explained as the two walked on the sand. She smiled. "Wanna go for a swim?" He asked. She looked at him with her eyes opened wide. That Idea was just crazy. Not only did she not want to get her uniform wet but it's also cold. She shook her head. "Come on...you look like you haven't had any fun at all since your existence in this world....your body must be craving for something fun." He said. Krystal looked at the ocean and then back at him. She watched him as he took off his book bag and his jacket. He held out his hand and looked at Krystal with a smile. "Come on...just this once." He said. Krystal looked at him wondering if she should or not. "Don't." He ordered. She looked at him in confusion. "Don't think. Just do it." He answered her thoughts. She in-haled and ex-haled. After wards she took off her book bag and jacket. "I must be crazy for agreeing with this." Krystal thought. Taeyang grabbed her hand and held it tight. "Ready?" He asked. Krystal nodded. Afterwards they both ran to the ocean. After diving themselves in it, Krystal and him rose up. Although they were freezing, they were having an amazing time. They played in the water for at least 20 minutes before finally giving in to their body which was saying get your out this freezing water. Krystal and Taeyang got out of the water with smiles plastered on their faces. They both sat on the rocks where the put their jackets and book bags. "Feel better?" He asked. Krystal nodded. They both remained silent for at least 5 minutes. They just took the silence as peacefulness. Taeyang finally had the guts to break the silence. "Krystal...you know...I...I...Forget it.." He said. Krystal looked at Taeyang. He breathed in and out slowly. "Okay...I'll just say it....I've like you since the last year of middle school, which is when I first met you but still..." He finally admitted. Krystal looked back at the ocean. "I'm sorry...I shouldn't have said that.." Taeyang said as he looked at her. She looked back at him and smiled.  Her heart began to beat extremely fast. She grabbed his shirt and pulled him to her. She kissed him. "My first kiss...is finally stolen." Krystal thought. Taeyang kissed her back. Soon after it began to rain. They both stared at the sky with a smile before kissing each other again. This was the first time she ever let her guard down. Her fears and worries vanished. All her thoughts escaped her mind leaving her mind blank. This is what she needs again.

After about 3 hours, they finally decided to walk home. It was still raining in fact it was pouring but they didn't care. They held hands as they walked. After a while they finally made it to her house. "We're here." He said as they stopped in front of her house. Krystal nodded. Krystal let go of his hand and began walking to the door. Taeyang grabbed her arm. She stopped and looked at him in confusion. "I haven't officially asked you yet." He said. Krystal looked at him in confusion. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked. Once again, he made her heart beat rapidly. Krystal nodded with a smile plastered on her face. He smiled. He pulled her to him and kissed her once again. He stared into her eyes as he pulled away. "Just to let you know..I know your a mute...and i'm okay with that." He said. Krystal looked at him in shock. He smiled and gave her a peck on the lips before finally letting her go. She smiled and waved goodbye before going in the house. "Krystal where have you been? I've been worried sick." Her mother said. Her mother stopped when she looked at her daughter who was smiling. "what happened?" Her mother asked. Krystal shook her head and began walking to the stairs. "Girl you better tell me what happened. Was it a boy?" Her mother asked. Krystal walked to her room. "I WILL FIND OUT!!" Her mother yelled as she followed Krystal to her room.