chapter 1

Being a mute

krystal_jung_edit_by_icryus-d5swcfl.png

 

Flashback: Age 13

8:00pm 

Krystal walked down the road with a smile plastered on her face. "It's my brithday!!" She shouted but not too loud. Her pony tail swayed as she walked happily. She exhaled heavily as she let the breeze hit her face. Some one then tapped her shoulder. She turned around and looked at the man. "Hi." He said with a smile on his face. He looked like he was in his late 20's. "Hi." She replied as her smile disappeared. Krystal could smell the alcohol in his breath and there she knew that she was in trouble. "Is it your bithday?" He asked as he came closer to her. Krystal nodded as she began to walk backwards but only to be stopped by another man. "You should never....walk alone." The other man said before he grabbed her. Krystal began screaming as they pulled her to their car. They forced her in the back seat. One drove while the other held Krystal down at the back. The guy in the back began to take off Krystal's jacket and then started to her shirt. She tried everything she could but it was no use. They were stronger than her. The guy slapped her across the face. "NO NOT AGAIN!!!" She yelled as she struggled. She then kicked the guys chest and then began to hit the guy in the front......causing the car spinned around and ......crashed into a truck. 

Two hours later: 

Her parents came rushing in the hospital. They ran to the front desk. "Hi may I help you?" The woman asked. "We're here for Krystal Jung, they said she was in a accident." Her mother said rapidly. "Are you Krystal Jung's mother?" The doctor asked that caused them to look at they're left. "Yes I am. is she okay?" Her mother asked. "Please follow me." He said. They both nodded and followed him. He lead them to Krystal's room. Her mother stared at Krystal in shock as Krystal laid on the bed as if she was dead. Her mother ran to Krystal and held her hand as tears fell from her eyes. "WHAT HAPPENED?!?!" Her mother yelled. "She was in a car accident...which impaled --" The doctor was cut off. "A car accident???" Her father asked. The doctor sighed as he nodded. "She was with two older men....who were intoxicated..." the doctor paused for a moment. The mother looked at Krystal and then at the doctor. "So what your about to tell me....is that my baby..... was about to get ???" Her mother asked as she walked to the doctor. He nodded. Her mother ran back to Krystal's side. "Okay....the question that is important is if she's okay....so is she??" The father asked. The doctor looked at Krystal's mother. "She's fine.." The doctor answered with a hint of sadness in his tone. They both looked at him waiting for him to finish. "She won't be able to speak." The doctor finished. They looked at him in shock. "What do you mean?!?" The mother yelled but not loud enough. "She tore her vocal cords, not just any tore....she literally ripped it. It will heal...but I'm not certain if she'll be able to speak again." The doctor explained. More tears fell down her mothers eyes. She looked at Krystal. "So she's a mute now??" Her father asked. The doctor nodded. "My baby...." Her mother paused for a moment. Krystal's father sighed. "I'm so sorry." Her mother finished. 

2 week later: 

Krystal stared at the tv blankly. "Krystal are you in pain?" The nurse asked as she came in to check up on her. Krystal slightly shook her head. "Okay well I'm going to take blood from you okay?" The nurse said. Krystal nodded. The nurse did what she had to do and then left the room. She took the notebook that her mother left her and began writing the same thing over and over again. "Mom I have something to tell you..........dad did things to me that made me hate him....despise him...and made me afraid of him..." Krystal read in her head before she scribbled all over it with the pen. The doctor then came in the room. "Hey." He said. Krystal looked at the doctor. "How are you?" He asked. She quickly began writing and then showed him the notebook. He smiled when he read "I'm okay." The docor looked at Krystal with a serious expression. "The nurse has been telling me that your not sleeping." He said. She then began writing again. She then handed him the notebook. He read it. "Your having nightmares of all the bad stuff that happened to you?" He asked. Krystal nodded. "Tell me what happened...it's better to let it out." He said. She took the notebook from him and began writing. After a while she handed the notebook back to him. He read the paragraph that she just wrote. He looked at her in shock. "Your father touched you before???" The doctor asked in shock. Krystal nodded. "How many times??" He asked. Krystal rose her hand and raised 4 fingers. "4 TIMES?!?" He yelled. She nodded sadly. "We have to tell the police." The doctor said. Krystal grabbed his hand and shook her head. "Why don't you??" He asked with a are-you-serious face. She took the notebook from him and wrote her reason. She gave him the notebook. "It'll hurt your mom...." He said. She nodded. He sighed. "Your gonna have to tell her." He said. She nodded once more. "Fine....I won't say anything...only because you told me not to." He added. krystal slightly smiled. 

4 years later: 17 years old

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRYSTAL!!" All her friends yelled again. Krystal smiled as she put on her jacket. Krystal was happy. She only had one more year in high school and then she's out of here. She can go wherever she wants. She smiled when she saw her friend Amber. But then her smile faded when Amber looked at her with a serious expression. "Your parents....are in the hospital." Amber said. Krystal's eyes opened wide before she began running out the house with Amber. She drove Krystal to the hospital. "Hi can I help you?" The woman asked at the front desk. Krystal wrote down that her parents were in the hospital. "Krystal." The doctor called who took care of her. She looked at the doctor. He shook his head and soon enough tears began to fall from Krystal's eyes. "What happened??" Amber asked as she hugged Krystal. "Her parents were in a car accident..." The doctor answered. Krystal then wiped her tears. She then began to walk out the hospital. "KRYSTAL!!!" Amber and the doctor yelled. Krystal didn't bother to stop. Krystal knew that if she turned around, she would've never been able to take it. 

 

1 month later: 

Krystal stood in the airport waiting to get picked up by her aunt. She closed her eyes and inhaled and ex-haled heavily. "KRYSTAL!!" Hyorin yelled happily causing Krystal to open her eyes. Hyorin walked to Krystal and hugged her. Krystal smiled. "Your flight was okay?" She asked. Krystal nodded. "Okay come on." Hyorin added as she grabbed one of Krystal's luggage. Krystal nodded as she began to roll her suitcase. Krystal entered the car. "Your gonna see your sister Jessica. Are you happy??" Hyorin asked with a happy tone. Krystal didn't answer. Hyorin sighed. "Seems like she's still not over it.." Hyorin thought. Hyorin then drove home. After a while, they finally got there. Krystal took her suitcase while Hyorin took the other one and walked in the house. Hyorin took Krystal to her new room. "I hope you like your room...it's not fancy but it's not messy." Hyorin said as they both walked up the stairs. Hyorin then opened the door and placed Krystal's luggage on the floor. "You like??" Hyorin asked with a smile plastered on her face. Krystal nodded. Hyorin sighed under her breath. "Well tomorrow you start school....so you should get some rest." Hyorin said before she left the room. Krystal then began to un pack. Jessica walked in and scoffed. "Who told you that you can live here?" Jessica asked as she glared at Krystal. She didn't answer and instead continued to unpack. Jessica walked to Krystal and grabbed her arm. "This is my house....so you'll do whatever I tell you to do got it?' Jessica said. Krystal stared blankly at Jessica. "Oh my god....this is gonna be a long year..." Krystal thought. Hyorin then yelled Jessica's name. Jessica let go of Krystal's arm. "Let's get this straight....I don't like you and I never did....so stay out of my way...and I'll stay out of yours." Jessica said before she walked out the room. Krystal rolled her eyes. She then noticed someone who was staring at her from the house next door. She walked to the window and looked at the teenaged boy. He then closed his curtians. She ruffled her hair before she did the same. "I hate my life..." She thought before she continued to unpack.