chapter 17

Being a mute

Krystal sat at the bus station. She sighed as she let the wind hit her face. She wondered if she was doing the right thing by leaving. She didn't have no where to go and she only had money to last a month with. She buried her hands in her sweater pocket as she waited for the bus. "Mom don't hate me..." Krystal thought. She then got up and grabbed her stuff as the bus arrived. she sat down in the back and leaned her head on the window. She inhaled and ex-haled slowly. "Don't stop Krystal...don't stop..." Krystal thought. And soon she drifted to sleep. After a couple hours, Krystal was finally awakened by the bus driver. "WAKE UP!! YOU NEED TO GET OFF THE BUS!!" The man yelled causing Krystal to wake up scared. She looked at the man in confusion. "You need to leave now." The bus driver ordered. she nodded as she grabbed all her things and did as she was told. She stepped out of the bus and soon the bus left. She sighed and ruffled her hair. "Where am I gonna go?" She asked herself. She took out her phone and looked at the time. "7:30 am?!?!?" Krystal yelled in her head giving her a slight headache. Krystal sighed as began to walk. Her stomach then started growling. "Is my baby hungry?.." Krystal thought as she rubbed her stomach with a smile plastered on her face. She then walked to the nearest cafe. She sat down and stared at the window as she waited for the waiter. "Hi, what can I get you?" A man asked causing Krystal to looked at him. "Oh he is cute....wait what are you thinking Krystal?!?!" She thought. She took his notepad(what ever is called) and wrote down what she wanted. After wards she then handed it to him. "Umm Okay coming right up." He said before he left. After a while the man came back with her food. She smiled as he placed her cup of coffee on the table. Her smile grew wider as he placed her plate down which was filled with eggs, pancakes, and bacon. "Enjoy." He said before he left her alone again. 

The guy noticed that Krystal has been here way too long...only 3 hours to be exact. And so he decided to talk to her. "Excuse me miss, can i sit here?" He asked. Krystal looked at the man and nodded slowly. "I'm Jackson." He introduced himself. Krystal nodded. He lookes at her waiting for her to respond but she didn't. "Are...are you a mute?" He asked. Krystal nodded. "Ah so that's why you took my notepad." He said. Krystal nodded once more. "Umm...can I asked you a question?" He asked. Krystal smiled. "You already did stupid." Krystal thought. She nodded again. "Why are you running away from home?...clearly your pregant.." He said. Krystal's smile disappeared. "It's like he can read my whole life as if I was a novel..." Krystal thought. Jackson became panicked due to her smile disappearing. "I-I'm sorry I shouldn't get in your business..A-and it's not that your showing but I mean I saw you cover your mouth a couple of times as you ran to the b-bathroom." Jackson stuttered. Krystal sighed. He was about to get up but stopped when he noticed tears began to fall down her eyes. "Are you okay?" He asked as he sat back down. Krystal shrugged. Jackson some how knew that her life was a mess...but for some reason his instincts says to help her fix it. Jackson sighed under his breath. "Do you have a place to stay in?" He asked. Krystal shook her head slowly. Jackson bit his lip wondering if he should offer her a place in his house. He sighed and finally gave in to that idea due to her crying. "You can live with me for the time being...I mean only if you want to." Jackson said. Krystal looked at him in confusion. "So is that a yes or no?" He asked. Krystal nodded slowly since she knew she had no where to go. "My shift ends in an hour. Is it alright if you can wait for me?" He asked. Krystal nodded once more. Jackson smiled causing Krystal's frozen heart to beat again. He then stood up due to a co-worker calling him. "See you in an hour." Jackson said before he left her alone. 

After an hour of waiting Jackson's shift finally ended. He walked to Krystal and shook her to wake her up. He tried over and over again but due to Krystal's heavy sleeping, she didn't wake up. Jackson's eyes opened wide. "IS SHE DEAD?!?!" He thought. He then leaned in to her face just to make sure she was breathing. He sighed in relief when she was. Krystal slowly opened her eyes and stared at Jackson in shock. "I-I thought you died or something...you wouldn't budge." Jackson stuttered. Krystal sat up as Jackson backed away. "You really thought i was dead??" Krystal thought. "Umm well let's go.." Jackson said as he grabbed her suit case. Krystal immediately followed him. After a while they finally made it Jackson's house. "Why am I even helping her I mean I barely know her.." Jackson thought. Krystal followed Jackson inside the house. "Well this is it." Jackson said. He watched as Krystal looked at everything in amazement. "So he's rich." She thought as she eyed everything in sight. "Come this way..I'll show you where you can sleep at." Jackson said as he began to walk up the stairs. Krystal naturally followed. He walked all the way to the attic. "Here." Jackson said as he placed her suit case on the floor. The attic was big, extremely big. She placed her book bag on the floor and immediately went to the instruments. "This is my brothers room but he won't be back for a while." Jackson said. Krystal nodded as she touched the keys of the piano. "Can you play?" he asked. Krystal nodded slowly. He nodded as he walked to her and turned it on. "Play." He said. Krystal looked at him and the back at the piano. She began to play one of her favorite songs which her and her mother played together....Yiruma's song, rivers flow in you. 

Krystal loved this song. She played it all the time with her mother. She felt sad and lonely when she played the song by herself. She was shocked when Jackson joined her on the piano playing the same song with her as well. They stared at each others eyes as they still played the song. They felt this connection that they never felt with no one else before. "Jackson why are you up here..." The boy stopped talking when he saw the two. They both stopped playing and stared at him. "Umm am I interrupting something?" He asked. "What do you want Yungyeom?" Jackson asked. Yungyeom smirked. Jackson already knew what he was going to say, so he quickly ran to Yungyeom and took him down stairs. Krystal immediately went back into playing the song she dearly loves. "Dude she is y. Did you did you-know-what with her?" Yungyeom said in excitement. "Dude, she's not for you trust me. And no stupid." Jackson replied. "And why not?" Yungyeom asked. Jackson sighed. "Cause she isn't and I just met her"  Jackson answered. "Whatever. What is she doing here anyway?" Yungyeom asked. "She needs a place to stay." Jackson answered. Yungyeom sighed. "YOU BROUGHT A STRAY IN THIS HOUSE AGAIN?!!?" Yungyeom yelled. "She's not a stray...she's running away from home." Jackson replied with a calming voice. "Same thing." Yungyeom said in defense. "No it's not." Jackson replied. "Dude yes it is." Yungyeom responded. "I'm smarter than you." Jackson said. "Well I'm older." Yungyeom replied.

Jackson did the are-you-serious face. "I'm older mentally." Yungyeom said. Jackson scoffed. "My instincts say to help her...should I listen to it?" Jackson asked. Yungyeom sighed. "Sadly yes....your instincts are always right Jackson...and if it says to help her....then help her...and then..you can do it with her." Yungyeom answered. "You seriously have issue's." Jackson replied. Yungyeom smiled. They both looked at Krystal as she ran down the stairs covering . Jackson immediately pointed where the bathroom was and Krystal ran to it as fast as flash. They both flinched when she slammed the door. "Wait wait wait wait....SHE'S PREGNANT?!?!" Yungyeom began to yell. Jackson nodded. Yungyeom smiled. "What's with that smile." Jackson asked. "A hot mom...she got the looks...and she going to be a mommy...wifey material bro." Yungyeom said jokingly. Jackson shook his head. "Your seriously adopted Yungyeom." Jackson said as he walked to the bathroom. "I know. Where do you think I got my good looks from....certainly not from this family." Yungyeom said earning a glare from Jackson. Yungyeom laughed. "Tell that woman to not mess up our bathroom....oh and good luck with 4 idiot brothers of ours." Yungyeom said before he began walking away. "Wait where are you going?" Jackson asked. "To sleep ." Yungyeom said before he went to his room. 

After about 10 minutes Krystal finally got out the bathroom. "Are you okay?" Jackson asked. Krystal shook her head finally telling the truth for once which caught her by surprised. Jackson sighed as he fixed her messed up hair. "That guy was Yungyeom....he's my younger brother." Jackson said. Krystal nodded. After he realized what he was doing he immediately stopped. "So how old are you exactly?" Jackson asked as they both walked to the attic. Krystal didn't know how to tell him. She left her notebook in her suit case and her phone is in her book bag. "Oh I'm sorry...I forgot you were a mute." Jackson apologized. Krystal nodded slowly. They both sat on the bed and sighed. She looked at Jackson and instantly noticed how he was stressed out. "Maybe I shouldn't stay here.." Krystal thought. "Don't you dare." Jackson said which made Krystal look at him in confusion. "Your thinking about leaving, aren't you?" He asked. Krystal's eyes opened wide. "H-HE CAN READ MINDS?!?!" Krystal yelled in her head giving her a slight headache. "I just had a feeling you were thinking that." Jackson answered her thoughts. Krystal nodded. "Well...my name is Jackson Wang and I am 19 years old...Nice to meet you Krystal Jung." Jackson said. Krystal looked at him in shock. "H-how does he know my name?" Krystal thought. "there's a paper attachted to your suit case. It says property of Krystal Jung." Jackson answered her thoughts once again. Krystal nodded once more. "Well welcome to the wang family house." Jackson said as he got up. Krystal immediately grabbed his arm. He looked at her in confusion. Krystal then let go of his arm. "What's wrong?" He asked. Krystal shook her head lying like she use to. Jackson knew she was lying but he didn't comfront her. "Okay well get some rest...you and your baby need it." Jackson said before he left the room.