chapter 23

Being a mute

Krystal smiled as she stared at her baby. "Miss Jung I need you to sign this." The nurse said as she walked in. Krystal gave Eli her baby. "What is it that I have to sign?" She asked. "Well, your release papers." The nurse answered. Krystal nodded as she took the clipboard and pen. She signed it and gave it to the nurse. "Don't forget that in 1 week, you need to bring your baby to his primary doctor to get his immunization shot." The nurse added. Krystal nodded once more. "Just wait till your transport comes, he'll be the one to you out." The nurse said before she left the room. Krystal smiled as she watched Eli sway from left to right. "He has your eyes." Eli said as he looked at Krystal. "Yes well I am his mother." Krystal replied. "Well then who's his father?" Eli asked playfully. Even though he was joking, it still made Krystal frown. That question made her think of Sehun and all the bad things he has done to her. "You." She answered. Eli smiled. "I like that you said me." Eli responded. Krystal nodded. "Okay ready to go?" The man said as he walked in there pushing a wheelchair. "Yea." Krystal answered. Krystal put on her jacket and sat on the wheelchair right after. Eli naturally gave Min to Krystal and right after, they all left the room. The man brought Krystal outside to Eli's car. Krystal smiled apon seeing a car seat in the backseat. "He's always prepared." Krystal thought. Eli took Min and placed him on the car seat making sure to buckle the seat belt properly. Krystal stood up from the wheelchair from the help of the man who transported her out of the hospital. He helped her in the car. "Thank you." Krystal thanked the man. The man smiled. "I hope you have a wonderful life." The man said before he left and went back in the hospital with the wheelchair. Eli closed the door and made his way to the drivers seat. He went in the car and started the engine. Eli looked back and saw Krystal smiling as she watched her baby. He smiled as well. He looked back at the front and drove home. 

"OH MY GOD!! LET ME SEE HIM, LET ME SEE HIM!!" Kevin yelled as he ran down the stairs. Kevin quickly went to Krystal and looked at Min as he stared at him. "Oh my god he's so cute....can I hold him?" Kevin asked. Krystal nodded and carefully gave Kevin Min. "Hey Min. My name is Kevin." Kevin said as he swayed his body from left to right. Krystal and Eli smiled apon the sight. The baby started crying as soon as he heard Fang bark. "FANG YOU STUPID DOG!!" Kevin yelled as he gave Krystal back her baby. "It's okay, Min's just probably frightened." Krystal replied as she began to walk to her room. Eli chuckled. "Fang, are you jealous becaue of Min?...well don't be okay?" Eli said as he pet him. Afterwards Eli went to Krystal's room. He looked at Krystal as she laid Min on the bed. “Your a beautiful mother." Eli said as he sat next to her. Krystal smiled. "Yea...hopefully I'll be able to act like one.." Krystal replied. "You'll do great...and besides...your not alone." Eli responded before he kissed her forehead. They both stared at Min. "I'll let you two have a moment." Eli said as he stood up and began to walk to the door. Krystal looked at Eli. "Hey." She called. Eli turned around and looked at Krystal. "Stay with us." She said...more like pleaded. Eli smiled and nodded. 

Jackson sighed as he walked inside the house. "Hey Jackson find Krystal yet?" Yungyeom asked as ate his cereal. Jackson glared at Yungyeom. "Shut up." Jackson replied as he threw himself on the couch. Yungyeom sighed. "I miss her." Yungyeom said. Jackson scoffed. "You barely knew her." Jackson responded. "So? That doesn't mean anything." Yungyeom replied. Jackson scoffed once more. Yungyeom sat next to Jackson. '"I know you miss her too...after all, she's Jessica's sister." Yungyeom said. Jackson took the couch pillow and threw it at Yungyeom, causing him to drop the bowl of cereal. "DUDE THAT WAS PERFECTLY GOOD CEREAL!!!" Yungyeom yelled. Jackson stood up. "So? That doesn't mean anything." Jackson said impersonating Yungyeom's voice. "Oh that was so not cool." Yungyeom responded as he watched Jackson walk up the stairs. Jackson finally reached his room and he threw himself on the bed. He sighed as he closed his eyes. Yungyeom was right. He does miss Krystal. "How are you doing?" He asked outloud even though Krystal wasn't there to reply. He sighed once more as he sat up. "Should I just go look for her??...but it already been 6 months since I seen her...she's probably with some dude already and heck...she probably already had her kid......should I just hire a private investigator or something?" Jackson asked himself. He threw his pillow in frustration. He stared at Mark as he caught the pillow. "...Throwing a pillow won't solve anything." Mark said as he threw the pillow back at Jackson. "What do you want?" Jackson asked. Mark sighed as he walked in the room. “Just leave it alone.” Mark said confusing Jackson. “Leave what alone?” Jackson asked. “Krystal..leave her alone..” Mark answered. Jackson sighed. “But what if she’s homeless?? what if she has no one to help her? What about her baby? How will her and her baby survive in the streets??” Jackson asked rapidly. Mark sighed once more. “Look…you were the one that let her walk out that door…if she is homeless then it’s your fault. You want her back? You had enough chances to get her back these past 6 months but what did you do? Mope around, that’s all you did... if you want her back so bad then go ing find her.” Mark replied.  Jackson sighed once again. “But what if she doesn’t want to be found?” Jackson asked. “Jackson…she’s running way from her past but sooner or later..everything in her past is going to catch up with her, including you.” Mark answered. “Your right..” Jackson said before he ran downstairs. “Where you going?” Yungyeom asked holding a new bowl of cereal. “I’m going to find Krystal.” Jacksons answered. As soon as Jackson opened the front door, he stopped immediately. “Hey Jackson.” A female said. “J-Jessica…how?…how did you find me?” Jackson replied. Jessica smiled. “That doesn’t matter…I missed you Jackson.” Jessica said. She then hugged him. Jackson opened his eyes in shock. He didn’t embrace her hug or hug her back. He didn’t want to see her nor talk to her. 

Sehun sighed as he entered the school. “Stupid mother….why did you make me come to this dumb school..” Sehun thought. He walked to his class and sat down waiting for the other students to come in and the teacher. “Sehun.” Yuri called as she walked in. Sehun looked at her and then looked at his desk. “Hey I missed you.” Yuri said as she walked to Sehun. “Leave me alone.” Sehun said with an emotionless expression. Yuri felt hurt. “What’s wrong Sehun?” Yuri asked. “Nothing..just leave me alone.” Sehun answered. “Sehun are you frustrated again? Do you want me to help you?” She asked with a seductive tone that made Sehun gulp. “Just…JUST LEAVE ME ALONE OKAY?!?” He began to yell causing Yuri to flinch. “I don’t understand you…I thought you already forgot about Krystal..BUT ALL YOU EVER DO IS THINK ABOUT HER RIGHT?!?…she isn’t here Sehun…give up on her already…be with me.’ Yuri replied. Sehun scoffed. “My heart belongs to Krystal….and until I find her…all we have is a ual relationship…no ing strings attached got it?” He responded. “No…I only want it to just be us Sehun…stop thinking about her..it’s killing you..I know it is…let her be…she doesn’t deserve you—“ Yuri was cut off. “NO I DON’T DESERVE HER!! She loved me Yuri…but yet I treated her like trash…after we had …I made it seem as if I didn’t care..as if she was a one night stand but I didn’t mean too….I feel so bad for hurting her…I really do…and now she probably already gave birth..” Sehun said. “Birth?” Yuri asked. Sehun nodded. “She’s pregnant…or was pregnant with my baby..” Sehun answered. Yuri scoffed. “Sehun…just forget about her and the baby…if she wanted you to be in her life and the baby’s life…then she would’ve stayed but did she?…No she didn’t…just forget about her.” Yuri said before she sat on his lap. Sehun looked at Yuri. “Even if she doesn’t want me in her life…I have the right to be in the baby’s life.” Sehun replied before he pushed Yuri off of him. He stood up and began walking to the door. “What are you going to do Sehun?…you have no idea where she could be…let’s say you do find her…what are you gonna do? What are you gonna say?” She asked. Sehun sighed. “I’ll do whatever it takes…to get her back…” Sehun answered before he left the classroom. 

Kai sighed as he poured himself some more liquor in his glass. Yes, he is drinking but he isn’t as bad as Sehun; Kai only drinks once a week. He sat on his couch. He was struggling. No matter how hard he tries, Krystal is always in his mind even when he’s with Jessica. He feels bad. He always tell Jessica that he chooses her but he isn’t sure anymore. He wants to see Krystal. He wants to see how she’s doing. He wants to see if the baby is okay. Day after day it become’s harder for him. His mind is filled with the image of Krystal. “This ..” Kai said before he drank the liquor in his glass in one gulp. He poured more in his glass but stopped when he saw a tear fall in his drink. “Am….Am I crying?..” Kai asked himself. Maybe he’s hurting more than he realize. He thought it would be easier that Krystal’s gone but it isn’t. in fact everything became worst than it was before. When Krystal was in a coma, he hated Jessica for putting her in that state but due to loving Jessica, he forgave her. He knew from the start that Krystal was different from Jessica. Krystal was lonely and afraid of the world while Jessica wants everything wrapped around her finger. Kai doesn’t know what to do. Should he try to forget about Krystal? But then again, he doesn’t want to. He too wants to see Krystal at least once. But maybe he isn’t hurting as much as Sehun. Maybe he should just give up his feelings and help Sehun find the girl he loves. Kai sighed before he took out his anger by throwing the glass cup to the wall, causing it to shatter. “WHAT THE DO I DO?!?!” Kai yelled hoping that someone would give him the answer but of course no one was there to give him one. Kai wiped his tears with aggression. He went to the kitchen and took out another glass and poured himself another drink. He flinched when he heard the front door open. “Kai?” Chanyeol called as he walked in. Kai looked at Chanyeol. He didn’t respond nor move. “What happened?” Chanyeol asked as he saw a whole bunch of liquor bottles all over the house and a shattered glass near the wall. 

Sehun sighed as he saw on the roof top of the school. He stared at the sky trying to gather all his thoughts. He felt as if his heart were so crowded with pain. He was so frustrated like as if his soul was been taking away. He walked to the edge of the roof. He didn’t feel the fear of falling. Many students looked at him in shock and began on whispering to each other. He inhaled and ex-haled slowly. “I DON’T GET IT!!” He yelled. He breathed heavily before he continued. “Your the only thing that I love…that I want…your the only reason that I want to live….so why?….WHY LEAVE ME AND BREAK ME INTO PIECES?!?! CAN’T YOU SEE THAT I’M HURTING?!?” He began to yell again. “Sehun.” Yuri called as she tried to regain her breath from running up the stairs. Sehun looked at Yuri. “Please Sehun…step away from the edge.” Yuri said…more like pleaded. Sehun sighed once again. “You know…it’s not so scary….standing on this edge right here….I feel as if she’s standing right here next to me….” Sehun replied. Yuri sighed under her breath. “Yuri..” Sehun called. Yuri looked at Sehun with fear of what he might do. “Do anything…do anything to make me feel alive…to make my heart beat again…to make me feel that I’m still here….every since she left….I died….” Sehun said as tears began to fall from his eyes. Yuri walked to Sehun slowly. “Hey…it’s okay…she’ll come back Sehun..” Yuri said as she carefully pulled Sehun away from the edge. Sehun instantly hugged Yuri. “I can’t take it….I feel like i’m suffocating without her…help me Yuri….help me find her please…” Sehun pleaded. Tears began to fall from Yuri’s eyes as well. “Okay…I’ll help..” She replied as she nodded.