chapter 20

Being a mute

Krystal sighed as she watched Mark sleep. She stood up from kneeling and decided to go downstairs. "Where is everyone?" She thought as she looked around. After looking around she noticed a room door cracked open. She noticed that each bed room in the house has names on them and this particular room is the one and only Jackson's. "Should I come in?" She thought. She was hesistating to walk in but soon, curiosity took over. She pushed the door slightly and carefully took walked in. She was amazed how nice and neat his room was. She smiled as she sat on the bed. She stared at everything in the room taking in all it's features. She laid on the bed, and turned to her side, Inhaling the scent of Jackson. She smiled apon the comfort the bed gave her, releasing the back pains she's been having for a while now. Her smile soon faded. She sat up and stared at th picture that was set nicely on his desk. She immediately stood up and walked to it. She picked up the picture an stared at the girl who was hugging Jackson. Her eyes opened wide due to realizing who the girl was. "Jessica..." Krystal said in her mind. "What are you doing here?" Someone said causing Krystal to flinch. She looked at the person. "I thought you was sleeping Mark.." Krystal thought. Mark walked in the room and took the picture from her and quickly put the picture back where it was suppose to be. "Don't touch anything in this room...especially that picture." Mark warned. Krystal nodded in understandment. 

9:00 pm 

Krystal sat in front of the piano in the attic. She wondered if she could continue staying here knowing that Jackson knows her sister. She sighed. She stood up and began to pack her things that she took out earlier. Her sister is the last person she wants to think about. "krystal I brought food for.." Jackson stopped talking when he saw Krystal packing. "Krystal what are you doing?" He asked. She didn't bother to look at him. "Krystal." He called. She didn't turn around. He walked up to her and grabbed her arm. "What's wrong? why are you packing?" He asked. She pushed him away and continued. "Krystal." He said before he pulled her away from her suitcase. She looked at him. "What's the matter? Did something happen?" He asked. Krystal sighed. She knew she was going to regret leaving but she had to. She wanted to get away from everything that has her sister written all over it. She sighed once more and grabbed her things. She bowed mentally saying thank you for helping me and then she left the room. Jackson sighed in frustration before he followed her downstairs. "Krystal where are you gonna go huh? Live on the streets?" He asked as he followed her, earing attention from his brothers. "What's going on?" Mark asked. "She's leaving." Jackson answered causing everyone's eyes to open wide. Jackson followed Krystal outside. "Hey....HEY!!" He began to yell causing her to stop walking. She turned around and faced him. "don't....don't go." He pleaded. Krystal slightly smiled. "I'm going to be okay." She said in her mind. She turned around and walked away. Jackson sighed in furstration as he ruffled his hair. He walked in the house immediately being cornered by his brothers. "Where's Krystal?" They all asked. Jackson sighed. "She left." He answered. "But she only has been here for a day and 6 hours...I think.." Bam bam said. "Wow...stalker much." JB said earning a glare from Bam Bam. "Where is she going to stay?" Mark asked. Jackson shrugged. Yungyeom smacked Jackson's arm. "OWWWW WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!?!" Jackson yelled. "Go find her." Yugyeom replied. "What for? She wanted to leave. So let her be." Jackson said. "This is the first time I ever saw you give up on a stray." Jr responded. Jackson scoffed before he began to walk to the stairs. "Go look for her man...she's your soulmate remember?" Yungyeom asked. Jackson stopped walking. "No she is not." Jackson said before he went upstairs to his room. "He's in denial." Yungyeom replied. 

3 weeks later: 

"I'm sorry Hyorin but we searched everywhere.." Yunho said. "We still have to keep looking.." Hyorin said as she hugged Yunho. Yunho sighed. "Maybe you shouldn't." Jessica said as she walked down the stairs causing yunho and Hyorin to separate. "what?" Hyorin asked. "Maybe she doesn't want to be found." Jessica said. "That's....That's not true." Hyorin responded. "It's not? If she wanted to be found, she would've been out in the open for all of us to see...but do you see her any where?..no I don't think so....Hyorin she doesn't want to be found." Jessica said before she sat down on the sofa and grabbed a fashion magazine. "Do you even care if we find her?" Yunho asked. "Not really." Jessica answered as she skimmed through  the magazine. "Why do you hate her?" Hyorin asked. Jessica stopped flipping the pages and looked at them. "I just do." Jessica said before she went back to looking for the magezine. Hyorin was about to slap Jessica but then stopped due to the door bell ringing. She walked to the door and opened it. Hyorin sighed. "What do you want boys?" Hyorin asked. "We all tried to look for her...we really did...but we can't find her Hyorin.." Chanyeol answered. Hyorin sighed once again. "Stop.." She replied. "Stop what?" Sehun asked. "Just stop looking." Hyorin answered causing all of their eyes to open wide. "WHAT?? ARE YOU CRAZY?!?" Kai yelled. Hyorin slightly smiled. "If she wanted to be found....we would've been found her...but did we?" She asked. They all shook their heads. "Well now you got your answer....she doesn't want to be found...she doesn't want to come back here....she doesn't want to see us..." Hyorin said. "But we still have a chance to find her...we can talk some sense into her." Sehun responded. "No....she want's to be grown and leave this house....so I will let her....now boys, please go back home. Your parents must be waiting." Hyorin replied before she closed the door. 

Krystal sighed as she watched the stars. Yes she's homeless and yes she doesn't have any money. "Stupid bastards stole my wallet.." She thought as she recalled the night she left Jackson's place which is the same day when a man stole her wallet. She barely has any money to even eat which she knows is bad because she knows she has to take care of herself in order to take care of her child. "....Omma....I see couples....I see families...they're playing, having fun....but yet I'm all alone....I have no friends...I have no family.....I bet that they didn't even look for me..." She said in her mind as she stared at the stars. She jumped when a ball hit her. "Sorry." A little boy said as he smiled. Krystal smiled and ruffled his hair. She grabbed the ball and handed it to him. His parents called his name. He looked at them and then back at Krystal. "See you late Noona." The little boy said as he waved good-bye and then ran back to his family. She smiled at the beautiful sight. "I hope my child lives a good life...unlike me.." She thought. She stood up, grabbed her things and began to walk. She was too caught up in her own thoughts making her not pay attention, causing her to bump into someone. "Oh I'm so sorry." A man said in perfect english. Krystal nodded as she bent down and started to pick up her things. He bent down as well and helped her. They both stood up and stared at each other. She slightly smiled and bowed mentally thanking him before she walked away. 

For hours Krystal was walking and yet the man kept following her. Krystal didn't know if she should just drop all of her things and run. She had a feeling that he wasn't a or a killer or even a thief. She stopped walking and turned around. He stopped in shock of her stopping. She stared at him with the what-are-you-doing face. "O-Oh don't I know you?? Aren't you the girl that I just bumped into a while ago?" He said innocently in english. Krystal scoffed. She turned around and continue walking. He immediately followed. Krystal who has had enough stopped again and turned around, glaring at him. He just smiled innocently. She sighed as she took out her notebook and pen and then she began to write. Afterwards she threw the notebook at him and he easily caught it. "What do you want? Why do you keep on following me? And if your wondering why I'm writing in this, it's because I'm a mute." He read in his mind. He looked at Krystal and walked to her. he gave her back the notebook. "My name is Eli....Eli Kim." He introduced. Krystal nodded. "Look I know I probably scared you but I just wanted to help....I saw you for the past 5 hours in the park and I instantly knew you had no where to go...and your pregnant...so I wanted to make sure your okay...is that okay?" He asked, speaking in perfect english. Krystal nodded slowly. "Sorry...I don't know much Korean...I just moved here from America." Eli said in english. Krystal nodded in understandment. Eli stared at Krystal as she stared at the ground. "If you want....you can stay at my place." He offered. Krystal looked at Eli hesistating if she should or not. She was clearly hungry and cold. "And if you want to leave then it's fine...I'll understand." He added. Krystal sighed as she thought for a moment. She nodded. Eli smiled. "Okay..well come on." Eli said as he began to walk. Krystal watched him walk. "Wow...not even gonna bother to help me with my stuff.." she thought as she pouted. Eli stopped walking and turned around. "She's cute." He thought. He smiled as he walked to her. He immediately took her stuff and began walking causing Krystal's eyes to open wide. "What the hell....it's like anybody can read my mind.." She thought as she followed him. "No one has mind reading powers....it's just I thought you needed help." He answered her thoughts causing her eyes to open wide again. "THERE IT GOES AGAIN!!!" She yelled in her mind giving her a slight headache. 

"Kevin I'm home." Eli said as he walked in. Kevin ran down the stairs and hugged his brother. "Where were you? You missed dinner..." Kevin said in perfect english as he pouted. Eli laughed. "I was out." He answered. Kevin looked at Krystal who was staring at the floor. "Who's she?" Kevin asked with a smile plastered on his face. Eli looked at Krystal. "I...don't actually know her name yet.." Eli answered. Kevin's smile disappeared. He walked to Krystal. "What's your name?" He asked causing Krystal to snap out of her thoughts. "She can't answer you...she's a mute." Eli answered. Kevin nodded. "well welcome, Just don't touch any of my fruits and we're good." Kevin said with a smile plastered on his face. Krystal nodded. Eli chuckled. "Kevin, can you show her to the guest room? I have to go pick up Fang." Eli said. Kevin nodded. "Come on...um...girl.." Kevin said as he took Krystal's stuff from Eli. Krystal followed Kevin to the guest room. "This is it." He said. She smiled as she scanned the whole room. "It's nice." she thought as she sat on the bed. Kevin watched her as he leaned on the door frame. "You know...this isn't the first time Eli helped someone from the streets.." Kevin admitted causing Krystal to look at him. "He helped so many kids already...and he's only 20...he should get a reward." Kevin said before he left the room. Krystal watched Kevin as he left. "Maybe this is a good place to stay in..." She thought. She flinched when she heard the hard foot steps coming from Kevin. "Oh and this is an english speaking house only, so no korean...oh right...sorry..I forgot your a mute...so you can't speak..." Kevin said. Krystal smiled and nodded indicating that's its fine. "Wow your nice...well i'll go make you something to eat." Kevin said before he went to the kitchen which was two room away. 

Krystal sat in the kitchen eating as Kevin told his whole life story to her. "I'm home." Eli said as he walked in. "FANG!!" Kevin yelled as he ran to the Alaskan malamute(Dog). Fang ignored Kevin and ran to Krystal, jumping on her. Her eyes opened wide. "Fang calm down." Eli said. Fang sniffed Krysta's body locking on to her scent. She smiled even though she was a little afraid. "This dog is so huge!!" She thought as she carefully pet it. "This is Fang...he's my bestfriend." Eli said. "No he's my best friend." Kevin replied. Eli laughed. "Since when? You were always afraid of him." Eli responded causing Kevin to glare at him. They both then stared at Krystal as she was petting Fang calmy. "This is the first..." Kevin whispered to Eli. "I know right...Fang is usually hyper and tries to attack people...why isn't he doing that with her?" Eli whispered back. "Maybe because she's pregnant?" Kevin whispered. "Nah...Fang wouldn't care." Eli whispered back. "Then the impossible is made possible...he already likes her.." Kevin whispered. "Seems like it." Eli replied. Krystal looked at them and smiled. They both smiled back. "Maybe this isn't a bad thing to have her here." Kevin said. "And why is that?" Eli asked. "Well...when Fang instantly likes a girl...you know what that means...." Kevin whispered. Eli looked at him in confusion. "She's perfect for you." Kevin whispered.