chapter 14

Being a mute

Krystal and Kai were walking around in the park. "Krystal...why don't you speak?...is it because your scared?...Or you just don't like talking?" Kai asked. Krystal took a deep breath. She stopped walking and so did Kai as he looked at her in confusion. Since she didn't bring a notebook and yes she did forget her phone as well, she had to do one thing....body language. As she did it Kai started laughing at her. "She's so cute." Kai thought. He stopped laughing when she pointed at . "W-wait wait wait....your a mute?" He asked. Krystal clapped her hands with a smile plastered on her face indicating that he got it right. "Wait you seem like your okay with it." Kai said. Krystal shrugged. Kai nodded in understandment. Kai noticed how Krystal's mood began to change because her smile disappeared. "Crap crap crap....kai make her smile." Kai thought. Krystal sighed. "Let's go." Kai said with a smile as he grabbed her hand and began to walk. Krystal looked at him in confusion. "We're going to get ice cream...or we can go shopping..or we can just go get something to eat...or all three." Kai said as he looked at her. Krystal finally smiled again as she nodded. "That's the smile I've been waiting for." Kai said as he smiled as well. Everytime Kai saw Krystal smile, he felt his heart beating faster. And there he knew that he has to do whatever it takes to see her smile, to see her laugh....to see her happy. 

After a while of having fun, Krystal and Kai finally decided to go home. They both stood in front of Krystal's house. "Thank you for today Krystal." Kai said. Krystal looked at him in confusion. "I've been feeling lonely....even if I have the soccer team....they don't understand me....they're heartless....they naturally speak about their mothers to me as if I can relate....but I can't....because I don't have a mother.....and of course everthing s worst because my father hates me....." Kai paused because tears began to fall from his face. Krystal frowned. "I don't have one either." Krystal thought. She then hugged him and of course he hugged her back. No one can relate to Kai more than Krystal. She actually been through worst. But she still felt bad for him. For Kai it seemed as if time had stopped. It felt different when he hugged Krystal then when he hugged Jessica. When he hugged Jessica, it was a heartless hug but with Krystal...it was filled with love and care. Their moment was interrupted by no one other than Sehun. "Kai." Sehun called. Krystal and Kai let go of each other and looked at Sehun. "What are you doing here?" Sehun asked with his arms crossed. "None of your business." Kai replied. Sehun walked to them two. "You should just go back to being a slave to Jessica. That's what you do best." Sehun said coldly. Kai glared at Sehun. "You should go back to be Yuri's ...that's what you do best." Kai replied. Sehun clenched his fists. Sehun then looked at Krystal who stared at both of them. "Krystal let's go." Sehun said as he grabbed her hand and began to pull her. Kai immediately grabbed her other hand. "She doesn't want to go with you." Kai said as he clenched his teeth. "And she doesn't want to go with you." Sehun replied with anger. They both then began to pull her back and forth. "She's mine." Sehun said. "No she's mine." Kai said. Krystal began to felt pain on her wrists. They both were pulling forcefully. She finally pulled both of her arms out of their grip and stared both at them in anger and frustration. They both looked at her. "Krystal choose." Sehun said, more like ordered.

Krystal looked at Kai and then at Sehun. "I'm sorry Sehun...but I choose Kai.." Krystal thought. She then walked to Kai. Sehun stared at Krystal in shock. "So your going to be like this Krystal? After what happened between us?....I never liked you anyways....you were jst a one night stand." Sehun said before he walked away. Kai's eye's opened wide. "A...one night stand....they did it?..." Kai said. Krystal looked at Kai and Kai looked at her. "You slept with him?" Kai asked. Tears began to fall from her eyes as she slowly nodded in shame. "A-and..when I saw you vomitting...does that mean..." Kai paused. Krystal nodded once more. "Does Sehun know?" Kai asked. Krystal shook her head. Kai had a feeling that her sleeping with him wasn't her fault. He felt bad for her. He then hugged her. "If so....I'll help you take care of him or her....I'll be the dad of your child...." Kai said. Krystal's eyes opened wide as he let her go. "Well of course...that's only if you want." Kai said before he did something that shocked her more. He kissed her. He smiled as he pulled away. Litlle did they know the one and only Jessica was watching. She stared at Krystal with rage. She got out of her car and walked to them. "WHAT TYPE OF SISTER ARE YOU?!? WHY DO YOU ALWAYS TAKE PEOPLE FROM ME?!?!" Jessica yelled before she began to hit Krystal in the face. She grabbed Krystal's hair and then began to slap her many times. "JESSICA STOP!!" Kai yelled as he pulled her away from Krystal. Jessica looked at Kai. "YOU!! YOUR MARKED!! I DON'T CARE IF YOUR IN THE SOCCER TEAM!!! I HATE YOU TO THE CORE!! AND DON'T EVER THINK ABOUT GETTING WITH ME!!" Jessica yelled before she ran to her car. Kai looked at Krystal and his eyes opened wide when he saw her lip bleeding and she had scratch marks on her cheek. "Krystal are you okay?" He asked as he began to walk to her. Krystal didn't respond. She was too shocked at what just happened. Jessica who sat in her car had enough of her. "I HATE HER!!" Jessica said before she stepped on the gas and drove right to Krystal with full speed. 

Kai stared at Krystal's body with wide eyes. He immediately ran to her. "Krystal." Kai said. Krystal laid there lifelessly. He immediately took out his phone and called 911. After a while, Krystal was being drivin to a hospital. Kai and Hyorin followed the doctors to the operating room. "You guys can't come in here." The woman said before she ran in the room. Kai leaned against the wall and slid down causing him to squat. "Kai." Hyorin called. Tears began to fall Kai's eyes as he looked at his hands which were covered in Krystal's blood. Hyorin squatted in front of Kai. "Kai....she will be okay." Hyorin said as tears began to fall from her eyes as well. "I'm sorry Boa.....I couldn't take care of her well..." Hyorin thought sadly. Chanyeol then ran in the hospital. "KAI!!" Chanyeol yelled as he ran to them. "I got your text....W-what happened to Krystal?" Chanyeol asked in worry. Kai looked at Chanyeol. "She was hit by a car.." Kai said. Hyorin's eyes opened wide when she realized something. "T-the baby..." Hyorin said. Kai and Chanyeol looked at Hyorin. "S-she could lose the baby." Hyorin said with a shaken voice. 

After a while of waiting, the doctors finally came out the operating room. Hyorin, Kai, and Chanyeol stood up. "i-is she okay?" Hyorin asked. The doctor looked at them. "She's okay." The doctor answered. They all sighed in relief. "What about the baby?" Kai asked. "The baby...is okay as well." The doctor replied. "Why do I feel like there's a but in this." Chanyeol said. "Cause there is....she suffered from a head trauma--" The doctor was cut off. "But will she be okay?" Hyorin asked. "Her head injury caused the brain to swell and bleed. When the brain swells, the fluid pushes up against the skull. The swelling eventually caused the brain to push down on the brain stem, which caused damage to the RAS(Reticular activating system)." The doctor explained. "What does that mean?" Kai asked. "She's in a coma." The doctor answered. All of their eyes opened wide. "W-when will she wake up?!?" Hyorin began to panic. "I'm afraid that's a question I can't answer....it can be tomorrow..or it can be in a few weeks...maybe even months..." The doctor answered. Hyorin began to cry harder. "The good thing is she and the baby are in good condition." The doctor said as he pat Hyorin's shoulder and then walked away. "WHO IS THE ING BASTARD THAT HIT HER?!?!" Hyorin yelled. Kai remained silent as he tried to comfort her. He couldn't tell Hyorin it was Jessica, not only because she's part of Krystal's family but because he loved her.