02

One More Day

Days had passed but for Taehyung, it felt like months, even years. He sat lifelessly inside his room his back pressed against the wall opposite his door, not having a blink of sleep since two days ago. It had been a week since his talk with Joohyeon's brother and the news has spread out like wild fire. They remained rumors as nothing was confirmed by anybody. It was something Joohyeon's brother asked from the school. The whole event was kept confidential and private that only her family was allowed to be there. 

It also had been a week since he had come to school. His friends had already come over to check on him but his door was always locked, not only the literal lock on the doorknob but some stuff that he practically pushed to the door to block it from opening.

His room was so messy with stuff thrown all around, with some things already broken from being thrown everywhere. He was staring at space, his cellphone on his hand. He looked at it, hoping some miracle and Joohyeon would suddenly text a reply to him after so many texts he had sent. 

"Hyeonnie, babe, I'm sorry. Please forgive me."

"Babe, I know you are mad but please don't joke like this, eo?"

"Babe, answer me please?"

"Hyeon, I'll do anything just please forgive me and comeback to me."

"Hyeon... Please..."

"Kim Joohyeon, please forgive me."

"Kim Joohyeon I love you so much. Please don't leave me."

"Kim Joohyeon. I miss you. Please come back... Please."

Those were just some of the texts he had sent but none of it was returned. He opened his inbox and saw only one name there, "Hyeon <3". He opened it and read the messages Joohyeon last sent that night and the previous nights before they even fought.

Her last text went, "Tae, I'm already sorry. I know I should've avoided Daehyun. Please forgive me. Let's meet up? :'(" His tears was already falling as he felt his chest getting heavy. He read through the other text messages as if he was trying to torture himself by reading all the messages Joohyeon left him that probably would be the only things that would remain and remind him of her, except from the gifts and other things they had shared.

"Tae, please answer your phone. I'm sorry. Please don't do this. :''(" 

"I know you are mad. Please forgive me already. I would ask Ms. to change partners just please answer your phone. :'("

"Tae, where are you? Please answer your phone. :("

"Let's talk, oh?"

"Hey. Why aren't you answering your phone? Are you still mad? :("

"Tae, are you at a bar? Don't get yourself drunk. I'm on my way there." 

He did a double take at the message. "She was on her way? And what bar? I never..."

"Rumors say that she got in an accident last Friday night on her way home. I don't know if it's true. Her body was immediately cremated as asked by his brother," Yoongi said Tuesday night when they were all out to try and entertain Taehyung. They didn't intend for him to hear, he knew that for they were inside the convenience store then while they stayed outside but Taehyung went in to check up on them when they were taking so long and they were surprised seeing him but he just kept quiet about it, feeling pain all over him.

He checked the date when Joohyeon sent the message and it read "10:30 Friday". He felt his breath hitching as he recalled all that happened that day. "Friday... It was when we had a misunderstanding, and she went to a bar thinking I went there..."

"...she got in an accident last Friday night on her way home." 

"." He cursed as realization struck him. "She died...trying to find me..." 

His tears was now falling nonstop and he slammed his fist on the floor. "Taehyung, you bastard, you jerk. What the were you thinking?!" He said as he continuously hit the floor. 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH" He shouted, so mad, so frustrated, feeling his chest constrict making it hard for him to breathe. Right then, the things he had piled up to block the door came crushing down and all his friends burst in.

"Taehyung..." Namjoon said kneeling beside him. 

"Hyung... She died because of me," Taehyung said in a hoarse voice, tears falling down uncontrollably.

"What are you saying?" Namjoon said, his chest getting heavy as well seeing his best friend messed up.

"You don't understand. She died because of me. I...killed her," he said looking up at Namjoon eyes so red and puffy and the other five winced. They never saw their friend like this ever. He always was a happy-go-lucky person although he usually wore a straight face. and was an undeniably 4D person. He always put up a strong demeanor in front of anybody. Seeing him now, they knew for sure that his world went crumbling down for him to break down like this.

"What nonsense are you saying! You didn't kill her!" Seokjin said, holding him on the shoulders, shaking him. "Get yourself together...please," Seokjin said his voice going soft. 

"HYUNG! She was looking for me when it all happened! She got in an accident looking for me! Hyung! She died looking for me! Hyung... she died..." He trailed off as Seokjin enclosed him to a hug. Taehyung's parents stood at the back, his mom crying while his dad held his mother close before he let go and walked to his son.

"Taehyung, son, listen to me." His friends moved away giving space for his father. Taehyung looked at his dad, his eyes full of tears. "It's not your fault. It's nobody's fault but that person who caused the accident. Nobody wanted that to happen, you understand? It's not your fault," his dad said, holding him firmly on his shoulders.

"Appa... Joohyeon's gone. She's gone. Appa... Why..." He cried out, falling against his father's shoulder, tears falling relentlessly.

"Ssshhh. Everything will be okay. There is a reason for all of this," his dad said while patting him comfortingly on the back. His mom came forward and hugged him too.

The six guys looked at each other, nodding their heads as if getting the message and they all walked out of the room. As soon as they were out, they gathered by the staircase.

"Taehyung... I feel so bad about him." Jungkook said sighing.

"Jungkook, that's the last thing he wanted, for us to feel pity on him," Seokjin said, and Jungkook nodded, pressing his lips together.

"Listen up, we need to help him. We need to make him understand that it's still not the end, that there's still more to life than what he perceive now," Namjoon said, determination in his voice.

"Yeah. We need to get him together again. Damn, this Taehyung now... It's...not the real Taehyung I knew," Jimin said, shaking his head and the others could only agree.

Right then, Taehyung's parents went out of the room. They all looked at them and bowed. "Thank you for your help, kids," Mr. Kim said and they smiled, nodding. "Thank you for being there for our Taehyung always. I hope you won't get tired," Mrs. Kim said and they chuckled.

"No matter what, ma'am, sir, we will always be here even if sometimes he could get a little childish and stubborn," Hoseok said and they all softly laughed.

"Oh well. I guess it would be better if we leave him first. He'll go out of his room sooner or later, I hope," Mr. Kim said and they all nodded.

"How about I prepare snacks for you?" Mrs. Kim said.

"Thank you," they said. They all headed down to the living room but not before the six of them glanced at Taehyung's open room.

 

 

That following week, the school grounds had been in a buzz after quite a while. After a little over a week, Taehyung had finally graced the school with his presence. As soon as he reached inside the school ground, students he had passed by greeted him and he returned a nod or a small smile as acknowledgement.

Being in school brought a heavy feeling to his chest as so many things important to him had happened in that place. Almost every corner reminded him of Joohyeon but he held himself together. He needs to do this. "If Joohyeon was alive, this is what she would want for me to do." He kept repeating. He walked in the school building and walked directly to their hang-out place at the fire exit. Those who saw him was so surprised that most of them went to see their friends to talk about it.

The six boys were noisy hanging around but once the door opened and they heard footsteps, they all stopped and watched who came. Seeing it was they raced to hug Taehyung.

"YOU'RE BACK!" They cheered and Taehyung felt so suffocated. 

"Guys... Air..." He croaked.

"Oh..." They said as they moved away, grinning widely at their friend.

"Gosh. Did you guys miss me that much?" Taehyung said and Hoseok ran over to him and slung an arm over his shoulder.

"Yeah so do you want to go to a date with me, like later?" He winked and Taehyung pushed him away disgusted with his friend's play while the others just laughed.

"It's good to have you back, Taehyung." Namjoon smiled and Taehyung smiled back.

"Aigoo. Look at this skin. So pale and thin." Yoongi shook his head. 

"Here. Have some calories," Jungkook grinned and Taehyung smirked grabbing the chocolate bar. 

"Thanks," he said removing its wrapper.

"Anytime," Jungkook said smiling.

For the remaining minutes they had, they filled Taehyung with the things he had missed avoiding the topic about Joohyeon at all cost before the bell rang.

"First bell has gone off! Let's get to class," Jimin said standing up from the step he was sitting on. The other guys followed suit and they were out the exit when Namjoon noticed that Taehyung had lagged behind. He seemed as if he was looking so far and he knew better that he was thinking of Joohyeon again.

"Guys, wait up," Namjoon said and the five guys stopped and looked behind. "Hey, Taehyung." Taehyung looked back at them and he gave them a small smile.

"I'll just go somewhere. You guys go first." He said and with a little hesitation, they finally nod and walked off, with Hoseok reminding, "Don't do anything stupid, okay?" Taehyung chuckled shooing them away before he walked down to the school garden at the back of the school.

There weren't that much students because mostly had gone to their classes. The garden was decorated by different kind of flowers landscaped to look like shapes and well, the school logo. A soft chuckle escaped his lips when he remembered what Joohyeon had once said. 

"They should've placed something like this at the entrance because barely anyone goes here." She was frowning that time that Taehyung wasn't able to hold himself back and pinch her cheeks.

He walked to the very end of the garden where he would usually spend his time with Joohyeon because they couldn't really show that they were together for real to the whole campus. There was this wooden bench there and it would usually collect falling leaves that they would just brush away when they come.

Staring at the bench, so many memories rushed to him all at once and if he didn't get himself any more ready, he would have broken down there. He took a deep breath before he took another step, eyes wandering on the ground looking for something. When he found the big rock, a smile graced his lips. He checked the time and he had more than five minutes so he knelt down and moved the rock.

Using the small shovel they had kept behind some of the bushes, he dug in and when he finally felt something hard, he let go of the shovel and used his hand to get the small container.

Upon getting it, he dusted it off before staring at the letters carved on it. 

"TaeJoo" He chuckled at their silliness although it wasn't really them who made it but their friends.

On the cover there was a note saying, "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL WE BOTH GRADUATE OR WILL GET PUNISHED >:)" It was Joohyeon who wrote that even if Taehyung said that a punishment was not needed but seeing it now, looks like it was needed.

"Sorry but I just really want to open it." He opened the small container and inside were three small envelopes, surprising him. It had been a year since they buried the container but he was sure that they only left two envelopes there. Curiously, he got the new envelope and closed the box, placing it back on where it was.

He flipped the envelope over to see who wrote it and found his name written beautifully and he wouldn't doubt that it was Joohyeon's writing.

"But how... Don't tell me she broke the rule?" He said a little surprised but a small smile immediately curved on his lips. He opened the envelope and got the paper out. He unfolded it and there a very long letter welcomed him. He didn't know if he had that much time before the final bell would ring but it didn't matter. He sat on the ground and began reading it.

Without even making it halfway, he was already tearing up. He blinked the tears away and continued. His heart was pounding hard against his chest with every word he read. The bell had rung but he didn't even hear it. When he reached the end of the letter, tears had already made its way out of his eyes, getting his pants wet. He checked the date of when it was written and it was dated that same day when everything ended. 

"So that's where she went," he muttered. A small smile graced his lips but it was a genuine one, something he hadn't shown in days and nobody was even able to see it. "This girl. She was even the one who broke her own rule." He laughed softly before looking up.

"I don't know if you really are gone or if you just didn't want to see me or...whatever but hey you still have to receive your punishment so you have to get back here," he said hoping she would hear and well comeback, and after a few seconds he laughed dryly. "Fine. You'll be exempted until we meet again, okay?" He said and he pictured Joohyeon's face pouting but giving in anyway, and he chuckled. "Okay okay. Well, we both broke the rule. So we're quits, what do you think?" He said as if hoping for a miracle and she would really reply. He sighed and shook his head afterwards, feeling stupid. "What am I even saying..." He said with a dry laugh, tears threatening to fall once again. "You made me cry again. You're the only one capable of doing this to me, you know?" He said wiping away his tears. A strong wind blew and he chuckled. "Is that you, Joohyeon?"

A moment of silence followed before he got his wallet out and opened it to her picture. He sighed, smiling a little. "I really miss you, Hyeon. I hope you know that. You might be gone now, I don't really want to believe, but I just want you to know that I would always love you no matter what," he said, smiling. He closed the wallet and placed it back in his pockets before inhaling a large amount of air, as if hoping it could give him some courage to learn to accept and let go.

"I'm late for class so I got to go," he said, burying the container back on the ground and putting the big stone over it. He stood up and dusted himself off. "And you, you'll be mine," he said, looking at the envelope. He grinned before he looked at the time and gasped.

He was ten minutes late.

 

 

"Are you sure of this?" Kris said as they stood inside departure area. 

"Hyungggg~ Are you really leaving us?" Tao said with a pout.

"Oh c'mon Tao. You know why," Baekhyun said with a sigh. "But seriously, are you hundred percent sure of this?" Eleven pair of eyes stared at him and he took a deep breath, nodding.

"Guys, it's not like I'm not coming back," he said, smiling. "Don't miss me too much, okay?" The guys snorted at this.

"Did you hear anything, guys?" Chanyeol said and they all chuckled while Joonmyeon frowned.

"Right. Whatever. I already need to get going. Someone's still waiting for me," he said with a small smile and they returned the same, nodding.

"But remember, if you need anything, just call us, okay?" Luhan said patting him on the shoulder and he nodded. "Thanks."

"Oppa?" They all turned to look at the person where the voice came from and they grinned.

"And of course to our dongsaeng!" Minseok said putting an arm around her. "Take care okay? I would really miss you!" Minseok said hugging her. 

"Hey, hyung! Don't hog her to yourself!" Jongdae said moving forward. She giggled at how clever her oppas were. "Hey little girl. Don't forget me, okay? Or I'll really really get sad." Jongdae pouted and she smiled.

"I won't!" She said, smiling from ear to ear.

"Okay okay. Excuse meeeee," Baekhyun said pushing through them. "My turn!" He said, grinning as he reached her. She raised an eyebrow at him with a mischievous smile. "Aigoo. I know you love me." Baekhyun teased before hugging her and she just laughed. 

"As if oppa," she joked and Baekhyun moved away, pouting. "What did you say?" She laughed and shook her head. "I'm just joking." She grinned and Baekhyun returned it with a smile. "Don't replace me with anybody, okay? I'll still be your most handsome oppa, got it?" Baekhyun said and she pursed her lips, pretending to think. "Well... If I don't find anybody who is more handsome than you that is," she grinned and Baekhyun frowned. "Just kidding. Okay, I got it." She smiled and Baekhyun smiled back, nodding. "Good."

The other guys laughed at their conversation. The two had been really close ever since and their comfortability with each other is something Joonmyeon got alarmed at first but then, he trusts his best friend, moreover his sister.

"Hey, baby girl," Luhan said as he walked towards her. She smiled, moving first to hug him. "I'll miss you, oppa," she said and Luhan pat her on the head. "I'll miss you too." He kissed her on the top her head. "I'm really sorry, okay?" He said in a whisper. She pouted and was about to move away but Luhan held her still. "Don't question why," he said before giving her one last tight hug before moving away. She frowned but Luhan pulled the corners of her lips up. "Always smile and never let anybody hurt you, got it? If someone does, just give me a call and I'll be right there."

"Even if I'm living in another country?" She said and he nodded. She smiled and nodded. "Thank you, oppa."

Their flight number was soon called and the others already gave their last goodbyes. 

"Before you guys go, group hug!!!" Chanyeol said and they all gathered for it with her in the middle. After a few seconds, they all moved away.

"We need to get going now. We'll see you guys soon!" Joonmyeon said and the eleven other guys nodded. "Little sis, let's go?" Joonmyeon said, looking down at his sister and she nodded before they waved them goodbye.

Before they were out to board the plane, Kyungsoo cupped his hands around his mouth and said, "Dongsaeng-ah!" Both Joonmyeon and her turned and he continued, "Don't get a boyfriend yet, okay?!" He shouted. The other guys were making an "x" with their hands and she giggled, nodding, putting a thumbs up. The eleven guys smiled in content before they waved goodbye again and they were out to board the plane.

As soon as they settled down on their seats, she looked out the window and smiled. "I'll surely miss this place," she said and Joonmyeon smiled beside her. "Of course you will. You lived all your life here but don't worry, you'll surely love your new life too." Joonmyeon said and she looked at him, smiling. "I guess so," she said with a soft sigh and Joonmyeon let out a small smile, staring at his only sister. 

"I hope you'll forgive me for this but I also hope you will understand it when the time comes." He pulled her sister to a hug before planting a soft kiss on her head. 

"I love you, little sis."

She rolled her eyes at her brother's cheesiness. "You're too cheesy today oppa." Joonmyeon frowned, moving away. She giggled and continued, "But yeah, I love you too, oppa." And this planted a genuine smile on both their faces, with Joonmyeon hoping that it'll always be like that and things would go well for him, for her and for everyone they had left behind.


A/N:

Waddup guise?!?!?! Kekeke

Here's the second chapter! How is it? Please comment so I would know :3 

I'm trying to make it as interesting as I can. I'll try to update as soon as I finish the next chapter. ^^

Thank you for reading! <3

OH AND...

HAPPY 2ND ANNIVERSARY EXO!!! Saranghae <3

cr. owners