034

One More Day

It was yet another day. After the tiring day they'd have the day before, everyone had woken up a little late, including Joohyeon. It resulted for all of them to miss breakfast.

The first to wake up was Yoongi and followed a little later by Seokjin then Joohyeon. They slumped on the couches in the living room, staring blankly at the TV.

"Open the TV, hyung," Yoongi said lazily.

"You do it. You're nearer," Seokjin drawled.

"I'll do it," Joohyeon said, about to stand up only to be held back by Yoongi.

"It's okay. I don't even want to watch," he said, letting go of her and Joohyeon just nodded and slumped back.

Three more other person joined them a little later, lighting up the atmosphere only a little. It wasn't long before a voice startled them all, making their heads turn to the direction of the owner. 

"There aren't anything in the fridge!" Jungkook pouted.

"What do you mean nothing?" Namjoon said.

"No food, no nothing!" Jungkook said.

"We just had many groceries the other day," Jimin said and Joohyeon seemed to realize the reason behind it.

"There must be at least milk or something there," Seokjin said.

"There is but I want something else," Jungkook said, pouting.

"Guys," Joohyeon said, timidly. "I think I cooked quite a lot yesterday. I didn't know we've already ran out of supplies," she grinned.

"Ohh," the boys chorused.

"Then we should go out for grocery shopping," another voice joined them. They looked up and saw Taehyung just coming out of shower, his hair still a little damp as he dried it with a towel.

"That's why the bathroom was locked," Hoseok said, rolling his eyes. Joohyeon felt her heart skip as she stared at him. She swallowed a lump in and shook her head mentally. Her eyes met Taehyung's and a smirk lift on his lips.

"Is it your first time seeing someone getting out of shower?" He said, teasing.

"No, of course not! I always see... Whatever," she said turning pink and looking away.

"Okay guys. Cut it off. Any volunteer to go to the market?" Seokjin said, looking at all of them. Joohyeon raised her hands without second thoughts as she felt responsible for the outage of food but she almost regretted it when only one other hand shot up, and it belongs to none other than Kim Taehyung.

"Great!" Jungkook cheered. "Buy me pancakes on the way, okay?" He grinned.

"On a second thought, I think I'm too tired to come," Joohyeon said, putting her hand down.

"Too tired? You mean--"

"Of course not!" Joohyeon suddenly said, making Taehyung grin.

"I didn't say anything," Taehyung said, shrugging. She puffed her cheeks and looked away.

"Whatever. Alright. Let's go," Joohyeon said, glaring at Taehyung who innocently looked at her. "I'll just wash and change quickly," she said, standing up and walking away. "Let's get this done and over with," she mumbled, passing by Taehyung who can't help but smile when he heard it.

"So typical of her," he said softly as he followed her with his eyes.

"What was that, Kim Taehyung?" Namjoon said, quirking an eyebrow.

"What else. He's trying to piss her off," Jimin said, snorting.

"Na-ah, Jiminnie. It's what you call, 'Operation: Make her fall in love with you again'," he said smugly.

 

Soon, they found themselves taking the car to the nearest market place. It was not before Joohyeon almost freaking out about knowing that Taehyung will be driving them there. 

"Can you seriously drive?" She asked when the two of them settled in the car.

"Of course, I know," Taehyung said, pulling his seatbelt over his chest. He looked over at Joohyeon and saw that she was looking out warily, forgetting about her seatbelt. He shook his head. "Your seatbelt."

"What?" She asked, turning to him. He rolled his eyes before leaning forward, making her heart jump to . "What are you--" She stopped when she noticed what he was doing and felt herself turn warm in the face. Taehyung leaned back but stopped just inches from her face.

"You'll get in trouble not wearing your seatbelt," he said, snickering before leaning back.

She wet her lips and looked out the window. "I know that." 

Taehyung smirked, glancing at her before turning on the engine and driving off. The ride was filled with silence. Taehyung didn't know what to say while Joohyeon focused on trying to occupy herself on anything just to avoid having to face or talk to the boy. 

She can't understand why she suddenly felt conscious being left with the boy alone. She wasn't like this before, at least as she can remember. She wasn't sure when it started but if she would choose one event, then it would be during that morning walk, the first time when she had most fun with him, and when she saw partially who he really is. Ever since then, she had been noticing him and it made her feel conscious suddenly around him and think of him more than she should. 

"Is the scenery outside that nice?" Taehyung said, making her heart jump suddenly. Taehyung glanced at her before facing the road again. He can't waste the time so he just thought of just starting some random conversation.

She cleared before nodding her head. She can't trust herself to talk because she feel as if she's going to stutter if she did.

"What do you think of the competition yesterday?" He asked.

Why do you keep on asking me, she thought biting her lower lip. She shrugged. "Okay," she replied.

Taehyung looked at her, sensing that something was wrong. Is she... "Are you avoiding me?"

Her eyes slightly widened. "W-What? No!" She said a little too fast and loud, her face turning warm and red in realization. She bit her lips, looking down on her lap. What's wrong with you! She thought. "I mean... No. Of course not. Why would I?" She said, swallowing.

"Really," he said with mischievousness. 

Joohyeon looked at him and glared. "Really," she said in dismiss. Taehyung chuckled making her face turn warmer. "What's so funny?" She asked, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Nothing. It's just..." You are exactly the same from three years ago. He wanted to tell her that but stopped himself and said, "...you're too defensive. I was just kidding around."

She scoffed before looking out the window. "Can you just focus on driving? I want to get back in one piece, you know," she said. It turned quiet, just the way she wanted but it made her uneasy. She was surprised when he didn't say anything. Did I say something wrong? Don't tell me he took that seriously, she thought. She risked a glance and saw him with a straight face, facing the road and doing as she said but his knuckles were already turning white from tightly holding the stirring wheel. 

"Hey..." She said, trying to get his attention. "I was just--"

"Sorry. I'll drive you safely to the market, don't worry," he said and her heart swelled with guilt.

"I was just joking. Don't take it seriously," she said, trying to compensate with what she had said but the boy didn't show any sign of reaction and she in a breath and sighed, looking away.

The rest of the ride was quiet. Joohyeon felt so guilty for some reason. She shouldn't make it a big deal but it did and it drove her nuts. When they reached the market thirty minutes later, Taehyung parked the car and they both went out the car. They entered the market with Taehyung following close behind and her glancing back at him, still feeling guilty.

They only made small talks whenever Joohyeon would ask what else do they need and Taehyung would shortly reply. She was about to lose it and just say sorry when she wasn't sure what she even did wrong when she was just joking but held it in until their cart was almost full and they bought everything they need. They cued up to the cashier and paid for their groceries. In the end, they had to carry five full plastic bags. Joohyeon was about to take one of it but Taehyung beat her to it, leaving her with nothing to carry, making her feel badder than she already was.

"Give me at least one. I could carry it," she said, trying to steal one bag from him but he would just ignore her and continue walking, making her almost lose her patience. "You don't need to carry it all," she said, hoping he would understand how she was feeling but still, he shrugged her off and it finally made her snap. "Kim Taehyung!" 

It made Taehyung stop, surprised when Joohyeon suddenly shouted his full name. He looked around to her and saw her face red and lips frowning. "What?" He asked innocently.

"I'm sorry okay? I don't know what I said that angered you but I'm sorry so can you stop ignoring me?" She said in one breath, making her catch for her breath afterwards. It shocked Taehyung but at the same time make his heart feel light. It made him feel good knowing it bothered her when he ignored her. And knowing it did, he decided to just continue it, liking that she was paying attention to him unlike before.

"Okay," he replied before turning back around and walking, his lips lifting to a smile. 

Joohyeon's mouth went slack before she took a deep breath and crossed her arms. "Fine. Two can play this game," she said before walking after him.

The ride back was filled with silence, with Joohyeon frowning while looking out the window and Taehyung fighting the urge to smile. He would steal glances at her once in a while and had to stop himself from just giving in. He was loving it far too much and he knew it wasn't that good but he knew his limits and he'll stop when he has to.

They reached back and Taehyung stopped the car. In a heartbeat, Joohyeon unlocked the door and went down, grabbing whatever plastic it was in her reach. She won't allow Taehyung to make her feel anymore guilty. She stormed off, going up the stairs. Taehyung stared at her in amusement but also a little worried but just let her be before walking down himself. 

"Hey--" He heard Jungkook's voice stop and he looked up to see that Joohyeon just shortly said 'Hi' before walking past him, shocking the boy as he followed her with his eyes. He looked down and arched an eyebrow at Taehyung who just smirked before shrugging. Hoseok followed right after him and had the same reaction as the younger boy. "What happened? I gave you the chance. Don't tell me you threw it," Jungkook asked as he reached him, forgetting about his pancake.

Taehyung shrugged. "Nothing to worry about," he said, transferring the plastic bag to the boy who was surprised at the weight of it.

"Did you buy the whole market?!" Jungkook said, shocked. Taehyung just gave him a tight smile.

"But seriously, did you two fight or something? She looked really mad," Hoseok asked, grabbing a bag too but lighter than that of Jungkook's.

"Like I said, you don't need to worry about it. Let's just say she's starting to notice me," he said before grabbing the last bag and closing the door. The two stared at him, confused while Taehyung just grinned.

 

The other boys also looked surprised when Joohyeon just went past them after dropping off the plastic bag she was carrying in the kitchen before going in her room. They asked Taehyung what happened but the boy just replied the same, grinning like a fool.

"You made her mad and you are smiling there like a mad man?" Jimin said as they all gathered in the kitchen, fixing the groceries to the cupboards and refrigerator.

"Exactly, Jimin. I made her mad and that's something," Taehyung said, smirking.

"How is that something?" Namjoon said, rolling his eyes.

"Hyung, come think of it. She won't get mad if she doesn't care. But she is, so that means..." Taehyung said, doing some kind of gestures with his hands.

"She cares," Jungkook continued, snickering.

"Bingo," Taehyung said, pointing a sausage at Jungkook, clucking his tongue. Jungkook just snorted.

"Okay, I get it. But until when are you planning to have this cat fight with her?" Seokjin said, arching an eyebrow at him.

"Guys, calm, can you? I've learned my lesson years ago and I know when to stop, okay? Relax," Taehyung said, turning his back from the guys as he placed last of the cola in the fridge. The other six boys looked at him, sighing or shaking their heads.

 

For the rest of the day, Joohyeon would avoid Taehyung and spend time with the other boys or in her room. Taehyung decided to continue pretending to ignore her which actually get onto Joohyeon's nerves all the same even if she herself tried avoiding him.

The boys just watched them, holding in their snorts and laughters. They found them really hilarious with how they would ignore each other when obviously, they just wanted to talk to each other. Jungkook, Yoongi, and Namjoon joined Joohyeon outside in the yard, talking about random things even if Joohyeon would often space out. The three boys looked at each other before Namjoon decided to get her attention.

"Joohyeon," he called but Joohyeon was too busy plucking on the leaves to notice him. Yoongi tapped her on the shoulder, getting her attention.

"Sorry, were you guys saying something?" She asked, feeling bad for spacing out.

"Not really. Are you okay?" Jungkook asked and she smiled a little, nodding.

"Of course, why would I not be?" She said, grinning. 

"We don't know. But you know you can tell us anything, right?" Yoongi said, smiling. It felt like a deja vu, when Yoongi told her that. 

"I'm okay. I promise," she said, trying to convince them, not knowing how she would explain to them her predicament if ever.

"Then can you tell us what happened a while ago? When you were out with Taehyung?" Namjoon asked after a moment of silence. She looked at them saw that they were curiously staring at her. 

She wet her dry lips and looked down. "I actually really don't know. I mean, is he just a 4D person or what?" She said, voice rising a little, and looking at the boys who chuckled.

"He is. Often," Jungkook replied, nodding.

"You'll just have to get used to him. Why? Did he do something a while ago?" Yoongi asked.

She puffed her cheeks, looking down. "I'm not really sure if I did something wrong or what," she said softly and the three boys looked at each other.

"What do you mean you did something wrong?" Jungkook asked.

"It's like this. You know how we kinda just don't click right?" Joohyeon said and the three boys nodded. "During the ride, he just kept on asking me questions...and I kind of got irritated...something like that," she said, not wanting to admit to them that it was because she couldn't trust herself not to stutter while talking to him. "Then I told him to just focus on the road and that I still wanted to get back one piece and he just kept quiet and ignored me after that. You know, I was just really joking and I--" She stopped when she noticed the change in the boys' faces. She knew then that she really did something wrong because the three boys with her reacted to it. "Wait. Did I just really do something wrong?" Joohyeon asked, eyes widening.

The three boys exchanged looks. "The thing is..." Namjoon began, scratching his neck. 

"What?" She asked.

"We don't know if we could tell it to you but..." Yoongi said, biting on his lip.

"Did..." Joohyeon stopped, not liking the thought of it. She can't imagine that Taehyung got in a accident before. The thought...scared her for some reason.

"No, it's not like that," Jungkook said, trying to amend the situation.

She felt herself sighing in relief, the boys not missing to notice it,. "Then what?"

"Just...let it go. He'll get over it soon," Yoongi said. Joohyeon sighed. She wanted to know but she respects that the boys can't tell it to her so she just nodded.

"Then does that mean I really did offend him?" Joohyeon asked, worriedly.

"Uhm... Not really. Let's just say...it hit a soft part of him," Namjoon said.

A hand squeezed her shoulder and she looked at her side to see Yoongi smiling reassuringly at her. "Just trust him. You don't have to worry. I'm sure you said sorry and to tell you a secret," Yoongi said, leaning in a little, "He doesn't get mad easily and can't stay mad for too long."

A soft smile came to her lips as she nodded. Jungkook grinned at her while Namjoon nodded, agreeing to what Yoongi said.

"Then I guess I'll also trust your words too," she said, grinning too making the three boys chuckle.

 

It was already night and the boys had gone off to their rooms. Joohyeon rolled on her bed, not feeling sleepy at all. She sat up and looked around her room before deciding to just get some midnight snack. She walked out her room quietly. The house was still, no noise can be heard. The lights were also off so she carefully made her way and flicked the dim lights of the kitchen on.

She opened the refrigerator and grabbed a cup of strawberry yogurt and sat on the high stool kitchen counter. She quietly ate her yogurt when she heard footsteps. She looked up and was surprised to see a dark brown haired boy entering the kitchen. 

"Taehyung..." She bit her tongue when she realized she just called his name. The boy only looked at her lazily before turning to the refrigerator. She looked down on her yogurt on the counter and bit her lip. After understanding that she really did say something wrong, even if it wasn't her intention, she knew that she had to say sorry. She also can't stand him ignoring her. She doesn't know why but it's just that. "Sorry..." She said softly.

Taehyung stopped from what he was doing and stood straight, looking at her. She cleared . "The boys told me. Not all but I get it. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you or anything. I'm also sorry for just bursting like that. I just...hated it when you ignored me," she said, pressing her lips together. A shadow loomed over her and she looked up to see that Taehyung was already standing in front of her.

"Then I guess they also told you that I don't get mad easily, especially to you," he said in a voice that made her squirm. She nodded. "Listen," he said but stopped and lifted her chin to look at him. "Look at me," he said softly and Joohyeon tried her best to look at him even if her heart was about to burst. "The thing is I..."

"You?" She asked shakily.

"Don't get shocked, alright?" He said and she nodded. "I like you." And before she knows it, his lips was on hers. 

 


A/N:

Hi my dear readers! How are you all doing? I decided to update since I have time and I'm bored waiting for Yixing's teaser to be revealed. ^^

What do you think of this chapter? Did he just confess?! >O< It's a little bit short but I hope you enjoyed it. I enjoyed typing it so that's maybe why finished it early too. 

I'll try to update again this weekend but I can't promise since I also have to update my other ongoing fanfic, I'm Yours. I would appreciate it too if you read it! It features my husband Baekhyun. Kidding but dreams are for free, right?

So yeah. I'll see you in the next chapter!

Thank you for reading, subscribing, upvoting, and commenting! Love you all! <3

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINSEOK! <3