026

One More Day

They had just eaten dinner when Hoseok said that they should play a game. 

"Don't tell me you guys are heading off to bed again! C'mon, we all used to stay up late when we have outings!" He whined.

They exchanged looks before finally giving in to Hoseok's request. He's right, anyway. Sleep early wasn't in their vocabulary whenever they get together for outings, campings, or overnights. They would usually stay up late doing whatever they could do at those late hours until their bodies just gives away. Joohyeon got curious when she heard Hoseok said that they all used to stay up late. Up until then, she wasn't so much sure if they've played that much of a big part of her life before but everyday, she was slowly going to a conclusion that indeed, they are. She also hoped they are because if ever, she would really love them to be her friends.

"What game then?" Seokjin asked as he entered the living room after doing his chore and leaning forward on the back of the couch, just behind Joohyeon.

"I don't know..." Hoseok jutted his lower lip out, thinking and as if eureka had hit him, his face lit up. "I know!" The boys weren't so sure if they should trust whatever game the boy had chosen but they kept quiet listened, hoping it wasn't a stupid game.

 

"What do you think? I think it'll help us get to know each other more," Hoseok said, grinning from ear to ear.

"We've known each other since middle school. I even know your sleeping habits," Namjoon rolled his eyes. Hoseok felt his face warm up and he glared at Namjoon.

"But Joohyeon doesn't!" He protested.

"She doesn't need to know," Namjoon said, teasing Hoseok. The two started bickering and Seokjin sighed, shaking his head.

"Stop it you two! You boys are acting like kids," Seokjin said. The stuck their tongues out on each other before looking away. "Namjoon has a point. We know each other far too much for that game, although Hoseok has a point that Joohyeon doesn't." 

Silence followed as they thought of a game they could actually play.

"How about we let her ask any questions? You know, so she could get to know us more," Seokjin said. 

"Then whenever she asks us a question, we could ask her any question in return," Hoseok grinned.

"And whoever is caught lying will be punished!" Namjoon said.

Taehyung paled. It wasn't that he knew he will be caught, although he felt that'll happen but because of the mischievous smile on Namjoon's face. "You mean, the punishment?"

"The one and only," Namjoon grinned.

"So, what do you guys think? Joohyeon, would it be alright?" Seokjin asked, looking down on Joohyeon. 

The latter thought hard about it. She knew it was a game for her. A game that could help her. It wasn't that doesn't have any questions to ask them. She has a ton of it but she wasn't sure if it was okay to ask them those questions.

Taehyung was watching her all the while. He could see the worry in her face. He knew she was nervous about asking. He hoped she wouldn't be, though. He hoped that she wouldn't be thinking of their position but hers. He hoped that she will say yes.

"It's okay. But would it be really okay to ask?" Joohyeon asked.

"Of course! Anything under sun!" Hoseok said, smiling widely. 

"So shall we start?" Seokjin smiled, after giving Joohyeon a reassuring smile. Joohyeon smiled back and nodded. "You choose who to ask first."

"This question is for..." Joohyeon looked at all four boys. She decided to go for the person she was most comfortable with. "...Hoseok oppa." Hoseok grinned.

"What is it, Joohyeon?" 

"When is your birthday?" Joohyeon asked. She felt her face flush. She thought it was kind of a stupid question but since it was a getting know time, she should ask the basic questions first. For some reason though, as Hoseok answered, a date flashed in her mind at the same time.

"February 14, 1994," Hoseok said, smiling widely. "That was easy. So is it my turn to ask?" Joohyeon nodded, smiling.

All four boys knew the basic facts unlike Joohyeon who had a hard them remembering them. But they didn't know the Joohyeon for the last four years, and that's what all of them were curious about.

"Where do you live in America?" Hoseok asked, aiming for just easy questions.

"I live in LA, California ever since I came there," she replied with such ease.

"Knew it." She heard from among the four boys. It was just like a whisper but she heard it. She wasn't so sure who said it though or if she was just hallucinating. She decided to shrug it off since it was her turn to ask.

"Namjoon oppa, when is your birthday?" She asked. Like with Hoseok's, a date came to her mind as she waited for Namjoon's answer.

"Septemder 12, 1994. A year older than you," Namjoon smiled. Joohyeon smiled back, knowing that most of the boys were a year older than her. "My turn. How is it living in America? Do you prefer it there or here?" 

Joohyeon thought for a while. She knew she had so much fun living there but she wasn't sure if it was better there or back in Korea. "It was fun there. It almost very much like in Korea although people there are more liberated. If I would choose between there and here, I'll choose...here. This place is more like home to me," she replied. The boys was delighted because at least, Joohyeon still felt home here in Korea.

There was only two more boys left and Joohyeon looked at Seokjin who had transferred to sit on the floor with the other two boys and at Taehyung who still had that sharp look on his eyes. She was closer with Seokjin though so she decided to ask him first. "When is your birthday, Seokjin oppa?" By the time a date came to her mind again, she knew she wasn't asking because she doesn't know; she was asking to make sure she was right.

"December 4, 1993." Joohyeon's mouth went agape for two reasons: she guessed right and she couldn't believe the boy was older than her.

"You are what? You don't even look older than I!" She said, surprised. Seokjin grinned. She had the same reaction back then and it was interesting to see her surprised for the second time.

"I'll take that as compliment then."

"Tsk. You're still grandpa to us!" Hoseok said, sticking his tongue out. Seokjin rolled his eyes at him.

"My turn. Do you still want to go back to America?" Seokjin asked.

Joohyeon doesn't know why she was so sure of her answer and it made her feel a little bad. "For a visit, I would like to since I've made some friends there but to live there, nope. Like I said, this place feels more like home." Seokjin smiled. He was very much delighted to know her answer. It was down to the last person and for some reason, she was nervous. Before she could even say the same question as she turned to look at him, a date already flashed in her head. She didn't know if she should still ask him because she didn't felt so sure of the date compared to the other guys.

"Are you going to ask me or not?" Taehyung asked and just like that, a frown came to her face.

"Fine. When is your birthday?"

"December 30, 1994."

"December 30?" She said, eyes widening a little. Taehyung felt his heart beat fast. Did she remember? 

"Is your ears clogged up or what?" Taehyung said, teasingly and she glared at him.

"Okayyyyyyyyyyyy!" Hoseok said, trying to stop the two from bickering. "You go ask her already, Taehyung."

Joohyeon avoided eye contact as she slumped on her seat and stared at the coffee table. Taehyung thought hard of what to ask. He was thinking of asking something about her and Youngjae although he pushed it aside because he knew that whatever her anser be could hurt him. He wanted to ask how Youngjae and her met but he felt as if he shouldn't because she might think he was jealous when in fact he is but he couldn't say that, can he? The other three boys already asked her about living in America so he didn't want to ask something about that.

"Why did you choose us to help you?"

Count on Taehyung to make things really awkward.

 

The bell had just rang for lunch break. All the students eagerly packed up their bags and hurried outside to get to the cafeteria early. Joohyeon and Haejin headed off to cafeteria together. When they reached the cafeteria, they fell in line to get their food before they spotted the seven boys on their usual table. It's been a while since they started joining them for break. Jungkook waved them over when they saw them.

"What's up?" Jimin greeted upon seeing them.

"Hi guys," the two girls greeted. The other boys smiled and nodded, acknowledging their presence.

"We're very much stressed, thank you," Haejin said, sighing as she settled down beside Yoongi. Joohyeon nodded in agreement, sitting across from her beside Jungkook.

"I know right! The teachers are trying to kill us with all the school works and the exams!" Hoseok said, groaning.

"Stop hanging-out everyday then maybe you'll not die because of the school works," Namjoon said. Hoseok frowned.

"You're just a party popper!" 

"If only there aren't exams, school works wouldn't have been much of a problem," Joohyeon said, sighing.

"Would you like some help, Joohyeon?" Seokjin asked, smiling softly. Joohyeon smiled embarrassedly.

Taehyung watched the two, jealousy building up in his chest. He knew it was jealousy, just that he didn't want to admit it. He knew Joohyeon didn't like him as much as she liked the other boys, especially Seokjin who would always act like a gentleman to her. She was acting like a damsel in distress in front of him, like always, and he wondered if she liked him. It's not like he likes her. He was just...wondering. He frowned, picking on his food absent mindedly.

Before Joohyeon could answer him, Taehyung suddenly asked, "Don't tell me you two are going on a date again?"

 

The three other boys looked at Taehyung but the boy only had a poker face on. They turned to Joohyeon and found her thinking. 

"It's okay if you don't want to answer," Seokjin said.

"No, it's okay," she said, smiling. She pressed her lips in a thin line. "To tell you guys honestly..." She felt like she was on hot seat, a place Taehyung placed her in. But she couldn't afford to get mad because she knew they had the right to know.

"I know my brother was so against about me trying to find out the past. I know that even if he didn't tell me. When we were in America, he avoided my questions regarding the past and would always tell me so little when he does answer. He told me that it would just hurt me if I insist. After seeing their faces after my first major attack, I learned to stop asking about it. I didn't want seeing them worried and hurt.

"When my parents said I'll be celebrating my birthday here. I was so happy. I didn't know what to expect but I was excited. I wonder whether I'll meet new friends or old friends. I wonder if I'll remember anything when I came back. I was losing hoping I would remember anything until I met you guys. I don't know whether you know or not but I've seen you guys once inside a recording shop and then at the Namsan Tower. In all those times, I always wondered if I have friends like you boys and I always feel a trigger when I see you boys."

"Trigger you mean..." Hoseok trailed off and Joohyeon nodded.

Like that one time in the mall with Haejin, Seokjin thought.

"So when I found out the Jungkook was a childhood friend of mine, I knew that someway or another, I really met your guys before in my past. Then I saw my year book and saw Jungkook's name, and I was sure we were all schoolmates before. With all that, I thought... I just thought that maybe you could help me so I chose you guys."

The boys let the information linger in their minds as they let silence blanket them. They felt happy and relieved. At least she felt something whenever she saw them, although it triggers some attack. After a while, Namjoon decided to break the silence.

"Then you chose the best people. Like what we said, don't hesitate on asking us about anything. If you're curious about something, you could ask us. We'll tell you anything as long as it'll help you," Namjoon said, smiling up at her and she smiled back, thankful. Hoseok and Seokjin nodded in agreement.

Taehyung bit back a smile. The thought that after all these years she'd been away, she still knew them by heart, and that what he thinks is important.

They continued the game until everyone was too tired and they went back to their rooms.

 

It was still dark outside when she woke up. She checked the time and it was still five in the morning. She couldn't get back to sleep so she decided to go out her room and have a morning walk outside. She washed her face and brushed her teeth before she wore her sweater then a parka. She knew how cold it is still and she didn't want to catch a cold.

She went out her room and found the house really quiet. She didn't leave a note since she already planned to go back one hour later and for sure, they'll still be all asleep by then. 

Quietly, she closed the front door and felt the morning breeze hit her face and sent her hair waving with it. She smiled, liking the feel of it. She found the ground covered in snow so she was sure it snowed while they were still sleeping. She could hear the crunching of the snow underneath her shoes as she walked the path to the gate.

Upon reaching the gate, she was surprised to find it open and about to close. In instinct, she jogged to stop the gate from closing. She held it back, surprising the person at the other side. She peeled the door open and her eyes widened together with the guy on the other side.

"Where are you going?"


A/N:

HI MY DEAR READERS! How are you all doing? I hope this update wasn't too short. I don't know when the next update would be but please wait for it!

Thank you for reading! Comment please? ^^