015

One More Day

Her head ached once she opened her eyes that morning. She groaned as she felt the pain intensify. It was no doubt since she slept so late and even scanned through all photos. She felt for her old cellphone at the bedside table since she hasn’t transferred numbers yet and checked if there were any calls and messages. There was a missed call from Jae and she jutted her lower lip out in thought before she looked through her messages. Couple of it was Christmas greetings from friends she had greeted. She didn’t need to scroll down to look for the particular message box since it was on the top of list, telling that he was the last one who had messaged her.

She opened it and read his latest message.

“Good morning, baby. Have you slept well? I’ll be dropping by for lunch and let’s go out, what do you think? I already miss you. See you later. I love you! <3”

Heat rose to her cheeks almost immediately. A smile crept to her lips before she typed in a reply then checked the time and gasped. It was already past lunch time. She threw the blanket away and quickly freshened up because she felt sticky from last night’s events.

She changed into casual clothes, a pair of skinny jeans and a loose white printed sweater before grabbing her phone and walkout her room. She checked her phone for any reply but didn’t receive any so she wondered if Jae got mad again. She hoped he isn’t. When she proceeded to close her door, she heard a voice that almost let her heart jump out in surprise.

“How was sleep?” She turned and saw her brother who just got out of his room too.

“Good..afternoon I guess, oppa,” she said grinning and her brother chuckled. He saw the necklace that hung around her neck and smiled.

“It suits you,” he said.

“What…” It took her a moment to realize before she grinned. “Thank you for the gifts, oppa. I love it,” she smiled and her brother nodded. “Right. Oppa, did Jae drop by?” She asked.

Joonmyeon nodded and she felt her stomach twisting. “I think he already left but he asked me to tell you that he would be waiting at that place. I don’t know what place that is. He said you know that.” He shrugged and her mind went haywire before it came to her and she smiled and nodded. She gave her brother a hug before running down the stairs, making Joonmyeon’s heart race in nervousness. “Don’t run and be careful!”

“Neh! I’m sorry!” She shouted from the bottom of the stairs and Joonmyeon sighed, shaking his head with a small smile on his lips.

 

 

Jae stood in front of the famous tower, rubbing his arms to warm himself as he waited. It has been an hour and Joohyeon still hadn’t arrived. Taking one more look around, he decided to go enter the tower to warm himself a bit.

Another hour later, Jae stood outside again, rocking on his heels as he waited. It was immensely cold and he fought the chattering of his teeth.

“When is she coming…” He muttered and suddenly a fear came to his chest. What if she won’t come? What is if she suddenly remembers and abandons him? He shook his head from the thought. “She won’t do that.” But the bugging feeling on his chest never left.

A few minutes later, he finally spotted her, looking around the place. Yet again, his eyes admired how pretty she looked. He looked like a fool right then but if it’s for her, he wouldn’t mind. Snapping out of his thoughts, he decided to surprise her by blending in the crowd before creeping behind her.

“I wonder where he is?” She murmured and Jae tried hard not to laugh as he stood not so far behind her.

She stopped and brought out her phone, pressing before putting her phone to her ears. Jae took out his phone and looked up at her with a small smile before answering.

“Jae, where are you?” She asked and Jae just watched her back, a smile playing on his lips.

“I actually don’t know. The place is so…” he said, pretending to sound confused and scared.

“What?” She said, shocked and worried at the same time. “Are you serious?” She asked and she heard someone chuckling behind her and she turned to be surprised to see her boyfriend, smirking at her.

“I thought I was lost until I saw you,” he grinned. Joohyeon turned beet red before she ended the call.

“You got me worried, you know!” Joohyeon said, her forehead creasing and Jae softly laughed, taking her face to his palms, sending warmth to her.

“I’m just joking, baby. Don’t me mad,” he cooed and Joohyeon’s stomach flipped a thousand times as she tried to stop the blush that was coming up to her cheeks though she knew she couldn’t do anything about it. Jae adored her tomato red face, finding her so adorable.

Joohyeon finally sighed, giving in. Jae smiled knowing what it meant before he let go of her face and held her hand.

“Have you been waiting for long? I’m sorry. I woke up late because I already slept in the morning,” she said and Jae nodded.

“I know. Hyung told me. I’m glad you remembered,” he said as they started walking to the long line that would lead them in the observatory since Jae was able to buy admissions already.

“Of course I would. It’s like imprinted in my mind,” she admitted.

“Good. Now I know you are really paying attention to me even back then,” he said smiling at her and she felt herself blushing once again.

The line was quite long so Jae went to buy something warm to drink although he felt weary leaving her alone. She assured him though and she stood there, waiting when loud chatter caught her attention. She looked back to see the same boys from the record store but they were more now, standing two people behind. She watched them, a little envious of how close they all seemed to be and how happy they were as if they were together all their lives.

A sigh escaped her lips as she thought of that. If she hadn’t gotten in an accident is it possible that she would have that friends who she have known from her younger days ‘til then? Her heart skipped a beat in surprise when one of the guys turned to her direction and his sharp yet soft looking eyes stared back at her. It was then she noticed that two other guys from them looked familiar. Her eyes widened a little at the recognition of the young looking guy but her trance was cut when Jae came back.

“What are you looking at?” He asked and she tilted her head to him in surprise. “Here,” he said, giving her drink.

“Thanks. It was nothing… I just…” She looked back up at the boys and Jae followed her line sight and for some reason his breath was caught in his throat. He suddenly felt like leaving the place.

He fidget on his position before clearing his throat. “Don’t mind them. C’mon. We’re almost near,” he said as he held her hand once again and pulled her along the line.

Soon, they were inside but what shocked Jae was that even the boys were let inside the elevator.

His eyes particularly met one guy’s eyes and he didn’t look away, as if doing so was feigning defeat as they entered. Joohyeon on the other hand watched them and she saw that boy again and he too was looking at her and his lips twisted as if he wanted to say something.

It was a little cramped in the elevator but Jae made sure to stand in between the boys and Joohyeon. He knew he shouldn’t but he is scared that in just one meeting, everything he tried building would come crumbling down.

 

 

The six boys decided to go out that Christmas day and hang around. It was just a last minute decision to head to the famous Namsan tower since Jungkook wanted to go. They thought it would just be one of those fun bonding time but it turned out that it wasn’t. It was their first encounter with all of them present. They even got to get on the same elevator.

It was shock to all of them to see Joohyeon there…and sadly with her boyfriend. They turned to look at Taehyung who stood firm as if he wasn’t dying inside. They wondered if her boyfriend knew but they thought otherwise when Jae didn’t even mind whispering sweet nothings to Joohyeon with them around, even putting his arm around her and kept her close but that they understood because it was surely cramped inside. Unless he was doing it on purpose.

The tension was obviously thick inside the elevator until it dinged and opened, announcing their arrival at the observatory of the tower. One by one, they walked out. It was the eight of them who stayed last as if waiting who will go out first until SeokJin said, “You go first.”

Jae nodded, saying, “Thank you,” politely before his hand slid to Joohyeon’s hand and they both walked out.

Even if Taehyung was the only ‘ex-boyfriend’ there, it also pained all of them to see that scenario. “Let’s go,” Namjoon said breaking the silence before they all exit the elevator.

The place was quite full but it was still possible to roam around freely. It was quite awkward though as they strolled and feel Taehyung losing his mood.

“We can go if you want,” Hoseok said beside him and the others nodded in agreement. Taehyung looked at them and forced on a smile.

“No it’s okay. I should get used to it, right?” He said with sadness in his eyes.

“Alright. But don’t hesitate to tell us if you want to leave,” Yoongi said and Taehyung’s lips curved a little before he nodded.

As they looked around the place they have been for countless times, their eyes would still manage to see Joohyeon and her boyfriend. They were at the electronic binoculars that would overlook the whole city. Taehyung’s heart was cringing every time Jae would stick to close to her and would sometimes steal kisses on her cheeks. He was burning inside.

“I’m going out,” he said as he couldn’t take the scene anymore and moved to the deck of the tower where the love locks were. He don’t know if it was the right decision because that place just held so much memories but it was better than being inside. His friends sighed, following him.

“You know—“ Taehyung shook his head before Namjoon could continue.  “I’m okay. Don’t worry about me.” He knew that it were lies to cover up his broken heart.

When their eyes met a while ago, the longing felt so intense than before. He wanted to go approach her, to hug her, to kiss her but he knew he couldn’t. Even if she just stood a few steps away, his foot stayed rooted on the ground because he knows that once he takes a step, he might not be able to stop himself. Plus, it would destroy everything that he tried hard to build up over the years, even only a little remained. He needs to keep it up, not until he already planned how to get her back.

“Should we go put a lock?” Hoseok said, breaking the awkward silence. He was grinning and it was enough for the others to smile.

“Alright. I’ll go buy the lock. You guys wait here,” Seokjin said and Yoongi came with him.

They used the time waiting, looking at the locks the decorated every side of the place. They had left some locks already and they tried looking for it.

“Aha! It’s still here!” Jungkook cheered and the other three went over. There, six locks were locked together with their names on each lock. The date said, “12.30.08” and it immediately sparked interest.

“It was on Taehyung’s birthday,” Namjoon said, a smirk on his lips. Taehyung looked closely and a small smile appeared on his lips, shrugging.

“Right, your birthday is soon, what do you want to do?” Hoseok asked as they looked around. The line at the cashier was pretty long so it wasn’t a surprise for Seokjin and Yoongi to take long.

For some reason, his eyes landed on a figure at the other side of the place and his eyes squint. The confused and curious eyes that her eyes showed made him feel the same before his breath was caught in his throat at the realization. The other three boys noticed it and looked at where he was looking.

“You know, you should stop holding yourself back if you want to talk to her,” Jungkook said, shrugging. Namjoon gave him a pointed look and he sighed. “I already told you! She wanted to know! I’m sure of it. She hasn’t forgotten completely. Somebody just had to make her remember.” Jungkook sounded so desperate but he didn’t care because as much as the others misses her, he misses her too.

She let go of the lock a minute later when her boyfriend called her and she walked over. Taehyung took a deep breath as Jungkook’s voice ring in his head. He was right, because he saw it too. Not just then but that night too, as their eyes connected. He was still nervous though, because he dropped the letter and just remembered it when he arrived home. He came back for it but found it nowhere and he wondered if she got it, because if she did then he would just take it as fate’s way to bring them together, all the more reason to not give up.

Seokjin and Yoongi returned then and handed them the lock. They were surprised with how Jungkook kept on blabbing about Joohyeon again and they had to keep him calm before they wrote on the locks and chose a place to put it.

Taehyung stood at the same place he saw Joohyeon standing a few minutes ago. He looked at the lock that he was pretty much sure she saw and a small faint smile came to his lips before he heard his friends calling him. After one more glance, he run to his friends. 

And there, on their locks, they wrote their promises and Taehyung wrote his in clear small letters to make it fit, “Hold on. Wait for me. 12.25.14”

"C'mon. Let's lock it already," Yoongi said as he blew on his writing to dry it up. When everyone was done, together, they linked their locks together and locked it at the highest point they could reach.


A/N:

Hi guise! Sorry for this lame udpate :( 

I tried my best to make it as interesting as possible but I promise, the next chapter would be the beginning, if you get what I mean. Please wait for it. ^^

I'll give small hint for the next chapter: A dinner meeting. With who, it's a secret. Kekeke. 

'Til the next chapter!

Thank you! :)

Oh and, my best friend soom_breathe made me a soundtrack for this fanfic, so most probably, you'll hear this songs all throughout the chapters.