032

One More Day

She woke up, stretching. She had a weird dream again but this time somebody kissed her forehead but it felt so real she didn't even know if it was really a dream. She rubbed her eyes. She didn't know what time it was but when she looked outside, it was still pretty dark. She stared at her ceiling and realized something. She sat up and looked around.

"How..." She was already comfortably lying on her bed when she didn't even remember going back there. Her eyes widened as her cheeks turn flushed. "Did he...carry me here?" She said. She bit her lower lip. She tried remembering what happened that night just before she fell asleep. What she could remember was asking who the girl he had been talking about but she couldn't remember anything after that. 

 "Kim Joohyeon, why did you have to fall asleep?!" She muttered angrily to herself, messing her hair. She grumbled, throwing her body back down on the bed. "Did he reply? Did he say something? Darn." She doesn't even know why she was so mad about not hearing his answer. Maybe because that night, she saw a different him. Maybe because she could hear how sincere he was with everything he said about the girl. Maybe because he could see how happy he was when telling about her. And maybe because she saw how, even if he didn't say anything, he loved the girl deeply. And she wanted to know who the lucky girl was. Yes, lucky, because even if Taehyung could act like a jerk, she could see that he treats his girl like a princess.

She sighed. There was no use getting mad about it because it's her fault for falling asleep and she also wouldn't dare ask him about it because it'll just get embarrassing. In fact, she felt as if the whole night, she acted like a fool, just even sitting in front of him and listening. It just didn't make sense, and she was sure Taehyung also thought that way, that she just gave in to him because everyone knows how they don't even get along all that well. She shook her head, trying to clear her head.

She looked at the clock on her bedside and saw what time it was. "6PM? Should I make a special breakfast?" She thought as it was the morning of the competition and she wanted to cheer them up for it. Smiling, she slipped out of the bed and tied her hair to a messy bun. She yawned. She knew she hadn't slept for too long considering that she had stayed up with Taehyung that night but she knew that going back to sleep wouldn't be an option as well because she knew that she won't be able to fall asleep.

She walked to the kitchen and checked the refrigerator.

"Bacon, eggs, meat, sausages..." A slow smile came to her lips. "Let's do this."

 

Namjoon woke up first that morning. He stretched on his bed and saw it already bright outside. He looked at Seokjin and found him still sleeping. He sat up and slipped out of his bed. He felt the fatigue in his body but his excitement overpowered it as a smile came to his lips. With a good mood, he walked out his room thinking of washing up first. He washed his face and brushed his teeth before he heard noise coming from the kitchen.

"Somebody's awake already?" He thought. He peeked at the kitchen and wasn't surprised to see who it was.

"Cooking a storm, are we?" He teased and Joohyeon whirled around.

"You're up!" She said, smiling. "I actually don't think if it'll be that good since it's my first time making it so I guess..." She grinned slyly.

Namjoon chuckled. "I'm just kidding. I know the guys would love it as long as it's you who cooked. I mean, we'd always prefer your cooking that Seokjin's," he said, grinning making Joohyeon softly laugh. "Do you need any help?" He asked as he approached her.

"Nah. I'm almost done. Can you just wake up the guys for me?" She said as she turned the stove off.

"Okay. Do you want me to wake up the guys then?" he asked.

"No, it's alright. They must still be tired. I just kind of woke up early so I finished early. Why are you up early, anyway?" She asked.

"I don't know, really. Maybe I was just too excited," he said, smiling. She chuckled. Silence engulfed them as she poured the last bowl of kimchi jjigae and placed it on the table. Namjoon watched her and can't help but smile. He could still remember the last time he saw her cooking breakfast for them in a vacation. Although during that time, it was her and Haejin. It wasn't a big meal like this though since they were still all young and it was understandable. He didn't think it'll be repeated again since afterall, they thought she had permanently left them. He was just happy that she is back.

"Joohyeon," he called and she looked up. "Thank you," he said, smiling and she smiled back.

"It's nothing," she said. They talked for a while before Namjoon insisted of waking all the guys up since it was already nearing lunch. 

"I'll be right back in ten because you know the guys," he said, shrugging. She just nodded with a soft smile.

She decided to fill the glasses with water and smiled in content when everything was set. She decided to settle down on a chair while waiting for them. "I hope they'll like it," she thought as she lied her head on the table and before she knew it, she had already fallen asleep.

Namjoon returned after he was sure that everybody was up. He knew they had slept late last night but it was already almost lunch and the food is getting cold by the minute. He returned to the dining area where he had left Joohyeon and was surprised to see her head down on the table. He approached her and a soft smile came to his lips when he found her sleeping. 

"Waaa! Are we having a feast?!" Jungkook said when he entered and saw the table full. Namjoon turned to him and put a finger to his lips.

"Ssh..." He said before pointing to Joohyeon. Jungkook looked at where he was pointing and was shocked to see Joohyeon sleeping in the dining table. He shook his head with a small smile. They all shushed the boys who came next and told them that Joohyeon was sleeping. Taehyung was the last one to enter and saw the boys all staring at someone. 

"What--" He received a shush from all the boys, taking him aback. When he saw what it was all about, his eyes soften and he softly shake his head. He could still remember clearly what happened that night and how she had fallen asleep while listening to him.

"Aren't we lucky?" Yoongi said in a soft voice.

"We are," Jimin replied. All the couldn't agree more.

That brunch, they all ate quietly surrounding her in the dining area.

 

It was five in the afternoon when they were all set and ready. Everyone is in their attire and unlike other days, they all styled up. They had to be at the venue an hour before the competition for rehearsals. Joohyeon still felt embarrassed after falling asleep in the dining area but the boys said it was alright and thanked her instead. She dressed herself in skinny jeans and sweater to keep her warm.

They entered the car when everyone was already ready and drove to the shopping district after having been there just a week ago. The car was full of talks as they tried to relieve their nervousness for the competition. It was their first time joining there so they didn't know who the usual competitors are. When they reached the venue, it was buzzing with people of all ages, waiting for the competition to start. It seemed that the dance battle was really a known one as so many people came just to watch it.

A stage was set up at the park near the shopping district. The boys had to leave her for a while as they had to do some rehearsals. Joohyeon just looked around at the many contestants and people around. It has been long since she had been around this many people. Somehow, she felt nervous as anything could be possible with that many people. She decided to just ignore it and focus on the boys. The boys waved at her except for Taehyung who just smiled when they were on stage for the rehearsals. People around her started whispering, saying how it was the first time they had seen them there. She also heard girls who were squealing, wondering who the handsome boys were. All she could do was smile proudly.

Before they knew it, it was time for the competition and the sun had already started setting. They gathered backstage before it the program began.

"This is it, guys," Jimin said as they huddled in a circle.

"We can do this!" Jungkook said, grinning.

"Okay, in the count of three," Namjoon said as they put all their hands together in the middle. 

Together they chanted, "Bangtan Bangtan BangBangtan!" While everyone cheered, Joohyeon felt a sudden pain in her head. She swallowed hard and squint her eyes trying to stop the pain. Broken scenarios played in her mind. Suddenly, she felt something on her head and they pain slowly subsided as she looked up and looked at who it was. 

Taehyung smirked down at her. She touched what it was on her head and found a beanie. "Keep yourself warm while cheering for us. That guys will kill me if you get sick," he said. She felt her cheeks turning warm.

"Aye, even using us, huh?" Hoseok said slinging an arm around his neck. Taehyung nudged him on the side and he laughed. Joohyeon looked away, feeling embarrassed while the other boys laughed.

"Let's go," Namjoon said as they heard the coordinator calling for all contestants.

"We'll see you later, okay, noona?" Jungkook said as he smiled at her. Joohyeon nodded. 

"Cheer us on and nobody else, okay?" Jimin said and Joohyeon chuckled.

"Yes, I will," she said.

"Remember what we said before?" Yoongi said.

"You'll wish we were your boyfriend!" The boys shouted together making her laugh. "See you Joohyeon!" They all said as they jogged away but one boy winked at her before turning his back around. She gulped, hesitant, but in the end, called him, surprising him and her.

"S...Sorry I fell asleep last night. And thank you for bringing me to bed and for...this. Don't think of anything--" She could already feel herself burning up.

"Taehyung! Hurry up!" Jimin called.

Taehyung smirked. "That isn't for free," he said, grinning. "I'll see later, princess," he said, patting her head before following the boys. She called feel her face turning so warm against the cold wind. She gulped and watched the boy ran. A soft smile came to her lips as she tried to surpress her emotions.

She took a deep breath. "Guys!" She called after them and they all looked around just before they rounded the co. "You can do it! Hwaiting!" She cheered and the boys grinned. 

"Hwaiting!"

 

She sat amongst the audiences and since she is related to the contestants, there was a saved seat for her. The program started as soon as she reached her seat. It was noisy all around her as everyone cheered for their group or contestants. It felt as if there're idols even though there aren't. The program began with the MC saying a short introduction about the competition and the criterias. After all the necessaries, the first contestants were called on stage. It was a group of three boys doing b-boy. They were really good but Joohyeon knows that Bangtan could do better.

Many groups and individuals had already graced the stage. The boys were to be up third to the last so she waited patiently.

"The next group would be one of the few groups who had just joined in just this year. According to them, they are dancing for a very special friend who they are wishing the best for and a thank you for coming back to them. So now, let's call on, Bangtan Boys!" Joohyeon felt her cheeks turn warm as she heard what the MC had just said. She can't believe that the boys are actually dedicating the dance for her.

The stage went dark as so many cheered and shouted. The song started and soon, lights flashed on the stage and the dance began. The screaming around her was deafening. She can't blame them though. The boys really did rock the stage. As promised, she cheered them on even if people around her already looked at her. The boys would send her heart fluttering when they will point at her and wink or make a heart shape. The other girls were squealing at them. What shocked her was the ending. They didn't practice it or even talked about it when she was around so it was a surprise to her when suddenly roses came flying to her direction from the boys. She doesn't know how on earth she was supposed to get all of it but she managed to catch one while others fell all around her, other girls scrambling to get it. 

They bowed before they exited the stage. The people screamed, cheering their name over and over and she couldn't be more proud for their awesome performance. The next two groups performed and after an intermission number from the winner last year, the MC returned for the announcement of winners.

All the contestants stood at the back. The winner was to get a certain amount of money depending on their place.

"Are you all ready to hear the winners? Who do you think will it be?" The MC said and different anems were screamed and one of the most dominant were Bangtan's name. "Okay. Let's not wait any longer. Mr. Choi," the MC said as he transfered the mic to the said man. 

"For the third runner up, congratulations..." He opened the envelope. "Ba...d Boys Inc!" Joohyeon's heart almost dropped when she thought it was Bangtan. She looked at the boys and saw them all letting out a breath. Winner after winner were announced but Bangtan's name wasn't still called.

"Now, we will call on two groups, respectively our first runner up and champion," the MC said. He opened another envelope and pulled out the paper. Joohyeon had her hands clasped together, praying hard that the boys will be one of them.

"Our first group will be...Whoop and last but not the least... Who do you think will it be?" The MC said, teasing the audiences more as they shouted names. "Last but not the least, let's call on, Bangtan Boys!" Joohyeon shot up on her seat in happiness as well as some other people. The groups called on stepped forward. Bangtan was already feeling more nervous as they held each other and said a silent prayer. "For the announcement of the champion, let's call on Mr. Hwang," the MC said. 

"Before anything else, we congratulate all the contestants as you all were all amazing and just standing here on stage already makes you a winner." People applaused, even though all they wanted to hear was the winner. "I'll not make you wait any longer," Mr. Hwang said, chuckling a little as he opened the envelope and slipped the paper out. He read it first as a smile came to his lips. "The champion is...Bangtan Boys!"

Joohyeon almost ran up on stage if only she could just to congratulate the boys. People shouted and cheered, all they have been doing throughout the contest. The boys looked at her and grinned and she gave them thumbs up. The MC handed them the mic for a short speech.

"Ahh...Yes, thank you for giving us this award. It's been so long since we've last received such an award and for that we thank you. Also, we would like to thank our number one supporter. You know who you are. Thank you for staying with us and always cheering us on. Again, thank you everybody," Namjoon said through the microphone and they all bowed. Joohyeon just smiled, tears filling her eyes. She doesn't know if she deserved it but one thing is for sure, she'll forever be their number one fan.

 

Leaving the venue was a feat as so many people surrounded them to take a picture or congratulate them. Finally, after almost half an hour, they were able to escape them and to the shopping district. 

"So Joohyeon, what do you think?" Jimin grinned.

"You didn't expect, did you, did you?" Jungkook said, nudging her.

"Honestly, no. How did you boys even do it when I'm always around you?" She said, shaking her head with a small smile.

"Not in our rooms," Hoseok said, cheekily smiling.

"Right," she replied, chuckling.

"So whose rose did you get? It's a shame you can't catch them all though," Namjoon said.

Joohyeon tilted her head to the side. "I really don't know," she said.

"Then can we see it?" Seokjin said. She looked at the boys who seemed to be so curious. She did as told though and got the stalk of rose from her bag as the flower stuck out of it. 

"Here." The boys' eyes widened as they all looked at it. "So whose it?" She asked.

"Do you know the story behind it?" Jimin smirked and she slowly shook her head.

"What?" She asked. Before anyone of them could tell her, a stomach growled, making them all laugh as they looked at Seokjin.

"Do you guys think what I'm thinking?" He said, grinning.

"IT'S TIME FOR A CELEBRATION!" They shouted earning some looks from people but they only laughed. Joohyeon can't help but to think if days were always like this in the past because if it is, then she's quite missed a lot.

 

They dined in a restaurant and ordered whatever they want since they quite won a lot from the contest that there will still be a lot of left over later. They settled on a long table to fit them eight. The boys wouldn't stop talking, obviously too happy. 

"Is that really your first award after a long time?" She asked.

Jungkook nodded. "Yup. It's been..." He thought, counting in his head.

"Two years," Jimin said.

"Right! Two years," Jungkook said, grinning.

"Would you mind if I ask why?" She said as she made a wrap. It suddenly turned quiet and she looked up, feeling as if she's ruined the atmosphere. "It's okay if you don't answer."

"No. It's because we kinda got busy with college applications and everything so we decided to call it off for a while," Seokjin said, smiling a little.

"Then you guys should really celebrate," she said, smiling brightly, making the boys smile too. 

"Cheers?" Hoseok said, raising his glass. They laughed as it was just juice since they all agreed not to drink since Jungkook was still underaged and it'll be hard if anybody of them will get drunk. They clunk their glasses together and drank.

"Don't I deserve a hug for winning?" Jungkook pouted facing Joohyeon who sat beside him.

"Is it really just that, huh, Jeon Jungkook?" Namjoon teased. Jungkook stuck his tongue out.

"I still want a hug. I always receive one before so noona?" He said, jutting his lower lip cutely. Joohyeon tapped her lips, teasing the boy. Her eyes met another pair who was gazing at her hard and she gulped.

"Uhm... Alright. You deserve it anyway," she said, spreading her arms and Jungkook's eyes lit up before he hugged her tight. That instant, Jungkook felt like crying because its been so long since he was able to hug her and been so long for that reason that they won. The boys watched them with smiles except for Taehyung who obviously felt jealous. The boys noticed it and looked at him, Seokjin who sat beside him nudging him. He looked at him and raised an eyebrow. He smirked.

"Not used not receiving a hug, don't you?" He said softly and Taehyung scoffed.

"Who said so," he said, returning to his meal. Joohyeon noticed the change in the boy's mood and looked at the other boys' but the boys only grinned at her before telling her to continue eating. She looked at Taehyung once more and bit her  lower lip wondering what she did to anger him. It's not because of the hug, right? It's impossible, she thought. She just shook the thought away as Hoseok tapped her shoulder and gave her a bite of meat which she gratefully ate.

"About the rose," Namjoon said.

"That! You haven't told me about it yet. So what's with the rose?" She asked, chewing down on a meat.

"Let me do the honor of telling her," Jimin said, putting a hand to his chest. Joohyeon chuckled.

"Then may I hear it from you, Mr. Jimin?"

"The thing about the rose is, whoever rose you get is like an intuition that you are more compatible with that guy, and you get a day with him," Jimin said, winking and Joohyeon coughed a laugh.

"What? Then whose rose was it?" She asked, looking at all the boys. and somehow, she wished it was that someone.

"It's none other than..."

"ME!" Hoseok said, waving his hand in the air. Her eyes widened.

"It's you?"

"Your one and only. I told you guys. We're a match made in heaven so you guys back off," Hoseok said, waving them off. The boys playfuly scoffed.

"As if. Joohyeon doesn't even seem happy to have you," Jungkook said, sticking his tongue.

"Is that true, Joohyeon?" Hoseok pouted.

"Of course not! I'm happy!" Joohyeon said.

"But I'm sure you were expecting someone else," Seokjin sang and as if on cue, her eyes met with someone before she looked away, feeling her face turn red. 

"No, I'm not. I'm fine with anybody," she said, grinning. The boys mischievously smiled at her and she puffed her cheeks. "I'm not lying you guys. Are you ganging up on me now?"

"Maybe," six of the guys sang then laughed. Taehyung only bit back his smile while Joohyeon drank from her water to cool her a little since she suddenly felt hot. She glanced up and saw the faint smile on the boy sitting before her and she tried to bite back the smile that almost came to her lips.

"I'll just go to the restroom. Excuse me," Joohyeon said feeling like she needed some fresh air and the boys looked at her teasingly and her eyes widened. "Guys!"

"Okay, okay. We were just playing around with you," Yoongi said, laughing. She sighed shaking at the boys' playfulness, stood up and left. Taehyung watched her until she disappeared to the corner of the restroom before facing the guys again. 

She used the toilet then washed her hands. She checked herself in the mirror and saw the beanie on her head and a small smile came to her lips. She can't understand what she's feeling although she knows that it felt all wrong. She doesn't even know why that guy is acting like that towards her for the past few days. All he did when they first lived there was annoy her and he still does but lately, he's acting nicer to her even if the way he does it is different from the rest, and it stirs her heart for some reason she can't explain. And a while ago, she doesn't even know what she did to anger him then suddenly, he started smiling again. She really can't understand him. She sighed.

"Such a 4D," she muttered, a small smile coming to her lips. She shook her head when she realized she just smiled while thinking of Taehyung. "Why are you even thinking of him? Get your head straight, Kim Joohyeon. This won't last long, you will have to leave them and be with your family soon." The thought saddened her but it was the truth. Staying with them won't be for forever. She could still remember what she wrote in the letter she left for her brother. She told him that she will return as soon as she finds what she's looking for and most importantly, she told him that they will go back to how it was before when she comes back, that she isn't hoping to get the past back. She suddenly felt like regretting saying it because she knew how attached she already is with the boys and she didn't want to leave them. Never. She took a deep breath and fixed her hair and the beanie before turning around to leave. She didn't want her feelings to ruin the night, most especially that it's the boys' night. She cleared her head before she walked out the restroom.

What she didn't expect was to see the person that she missed but somehow forgot for the past few days. 

"Can we talk?"


A/N:

Hi! How are you all doing? As what I said, here's the part 2! A cliffhanger, kekeke. What do you think will happen? Who do you think it is? Isn't jealous Taehyung cute? I think he is! ^^

Please wait for my next update. It might be a while before I can update but I will, soon. 

Thank you for reading, subscribing, and commenting! ^^