048

One More Day

They don't know how many minutes or hours had gone by. Questions were thrown back and forth, and Joohyeon wasn't sure when she started to relax and the game felt like some normal game with a best friend. She would laugh once in a while as Taehyung would joke and make faces. The questions didn't even feel so serious like she thought it would be.

Taehyung on the otherhand enjoyed seeing her smile and hearing her laugh. He loved the way her eyes crinkled when she grinned and the way she would playfully punch him whenever he . He liked the way she never back down whenever he started to . He had never felt so blissful in so long and having her there with him made him almost tear up. He had waited for so long and now that he is in that moment, he just want to wallow in it and never let it go. Never let her go.

But time is running and the horizon is slowly turning to a lighter hue of blue. They were on the second to the last question and it was Joohyeon's turn, and for some reason, Joohyeon didn't want to waste it to some random question, like throwing him a question for the sake of getting back on him for his previous question. For her, it was like a now or never moment although she still had one last question left. So after quite a while, the atmosphere turned serious and there were no words uttered as they agreed to give each other time to think of a question.

It was after a good five minutes when Joohyeon had finally decided on a question. She wasn't sure if asking it is the right decision but it's something she needed to know. She felt that if that question is to be answered, all the other questions will be answered. She thought that if she'll get the answer, she'll somehow finally find herself again.

"H...How did we meet each other?" She stammered and felt her cheeks turn bright red. She looked down on her lap as she her lips. She could feel his gaze on her and if only she had the courage, she would look into them but she couldn't so she focused her eyes anywhere but him. "I know we have common friends. Jungkook had told me that. But...I just need to know the detailed way. I've asked Jungkook before but he would always answer me the same. It's embarrassing but..." She knew she was rambling but she couldn't help herself. She took a deep breath and let out a long sigh, sheepishly smiling. "I'm sorry. I'm talking rubbish, ain't I?" She risked a glance and the sight of him smiling stole her breath away.

"No, you're not. I guess it's natural for you to be curious. As you said, I'm mysterious, right?" He grinned and Joohyeon felt her cheeks turn warm.

"You need not emphasize that," she mumbled, making Taehyung chuckle and Joohyeon bit back a smile.

There was a minute of silence as Taehyung thought of a way to explain to her how they really met. It should be simple but for him, that first meeting was a starting point for him, and if he'll take her words back then, then it is, also, for her.

"Are you sure you're ready to listen? This might take long for me to tell," he said shrugging and Joohyeon knew it wasn't that that he was concerned of the most and if he's going to ask her, she was also afraid but she didn't really want to be held back by the thought of her having an attack. She'll endure it, no matter what, she will. She nodded with a small smile. "I'm all ears."

Taehyung cracked a smile and nodded. "You might not remember but back then, I'm not quite the good student," he began as his lips, a shy smile on his lips which Joohyeon found adorable. "I'm not the deliquent type but I would create trouble here and there sometimes and well, I'm a really lazy student," he grinned and Joohyeon can't help but chuckle.

"You obviously are. I'm not going to doubt that," she joked, making Taehyung snicker.

"Yeah, right. Are you going to listen or are you going to continue teasing me?" He said and Joohyeon pressed her lips together, pretending to zip it up and Taehyung broke into a smirk. "As I said, I'm not really good at anything other than dancing and singing. I can't even claim it," he said and Joohyeon wanted to beg to differ but she kept quiet instead and listened. "That also means I at cooking. It just so happens that we have a class where we needed to cook." Joohyeon tried to remember if she'd seen his face in her class book but she couldn't really recall his face. Taehyung noticed the look on her face and he continued, "We're not classmates but for that particular lesson, we ended up being partnered up."

"Then, did you skip your own class and was forced into ours for missing it?" She asked and Taehyung smirked.

"Bingo. Like I said, I'm a lazy student and I really don't like cooking so I thought of skipping it but our teacher forced me into joining your class after getting caught," he shrugged, a small smile gracing his lips at the memory. Joohyeon imagined the scene in her head. Taehyung getting caught redhanded for cutting classes and being scolded. She can't help but shake her head whilst a small smile came to her lips.

"Then what happened? Is that it?" She asked and Taehyung shook his head.

"Nope. The most interesting part is yet to come," he smirked and Joohyeon puffed her cheeks as she nodded. "So when I entered your room, all the students turned to my direction except one student," he paused and gave her a pointed look and Joohyeon immediately got it, making her laugh.

"Me?" She said and Taehyung snorted.

"You got my attention right then. Nobody could resist my good looks, you know. You were the first one," he said, pouting his lips.

"I'm no ordinary, Mr. Kim," she teased, making Taehyung smirked, knowing full well that she is different from all those other girls.

"You were the only one with no pair then. I think your partner ditched you because you're too cranky or something," Taehyung said, earning a smack on the shoulder.

"I'm not!" She said and Taehyung stuck his tongue out.

"Yeah, you are. I could remember how you glared at me..."

"There's a catch, is it? I wouldn't glare at you for no reason. For sure you're being so annoying back then," she said, folding her arms over her chest.

"Well, not really. I'm actually helping you not ruin the food by not helping and since I'm too bored, I ate some tidbits of the ingredients and asked you some questions since you are quite known back then too. With your background and everything," he said and Joohyeon jut her lower lip out, a crease forming between her eyebrows. 

"What questions did you ask me?" She asked.

"Uhm... Let me think. I asked if you really are the top in your class, as well as why you are studying in our school and not in one of your schools. I asked if you own many schools and the likes, but with all those questions, you were all dodging it, answering so wittily as always." He snorted and Joohyeon smirked.

"Waaa, I think I have to give myself a thumbs up for that," she said, and Taehyung snickered at her.

"Yeah, right. You were soooooo cranky. I thought you're always on your period," he said and Joohyeon turned pink, sticking her tongue out on him.

"I bet you're just annoying that's why," she said, and Taehyung shrugged.

"It doesn't matter because that day marked our, how should I say it, friendship?" He said and somehow, Joohyeon can't help but smile on it. "I found you interesting so starting from then, I vowed to annoy you more," he said, grinning and Joohyeon slapped him on the shoulder.

"I knew you were annoying," she said and Taehyung chuckled, shrugging. "So that's how it all started?" She asked and Taehyung nodded, and somehow, she felt unsatisfied because it didn't answer her questions that way she thought it will although she was happy to know how they've gotten to know each other. It seemed as if a part of her was filled. When Taehyung hummed, she snapped her eyes to him and saw him opening his mouth and closing it up again. "Is there more?" She couldn't help but ask.

"Well," Taehyung began, as he knew that Joohyeon wanted to know more. He stared at her for a while before shaking his head. "No, not really." He could've said it right then and there. What happened after that, how that friendship turned more intimate...who he really is in her life before she disappeared. But for some reason, he couldn't. He didn't feel as if it was the right time and that, he was really hoping to reveal it last as he really didn't want to destroy her relationship with Youngjae by saying that she's the girl in his stories. The girl he loved and is still loving. The girl he never stopped thinking. The girl he never stopped loving. The girl who had left him without a word. Yes, he wanted her back but he couldn't do it by telling her that. He knows her too well that he knew she would end up blaming herself for leaving him. He wanted to tell her when he's sure that she still love him even if she didn't remember. If she learned to love him again. He wanted her to know after that because then, he wouldn't feel too guilty and she wouldn't end up getting hurt if ever she doesn't like him but be guilty of leaving him.

And maybe he's also afraid to tell her the truth that he maybe the cause why she's suffering right now. It made his heart clench as he forced on a small smile.

"So it's my turn?" He said, raising an eyebrow and Joohyeon bit her lower lip, knowing Taehyung wasn't telling her something. 

"Tae..."

"Aye, let's be fair. I'll answer your question after you answer mine," he said, knowing really well what would come next and Joohyeon finally gave in, nodding.

"Alright. What is it?" She asked.

Taehyung smiled. He didn't want to appear nosy but he wanted to know. He needed to know. This is also the key question whether he'll be answering her truthfully later or not. "Do you love him?" He saw the surprise in her face as her eyes widened. He bit his bottom lip, staring straight at her. "Do you?" 

Her chest rise and fall heavily as her tongue darted out to her lips. She was nervous and she knew why and it gave her another sickening feeling at the pit of her stomach. She should've answered in a beat but her tongue was tied in and a lump formed in . She suddenly had that urge to cry because she herself couldn't figure out if she still does in that way. She was too confused of her feelings. She misses him and she wanted to talk to him every now and then but she's not sure it was enough reason to say that she did love him the same...if she even love him at all. 

Taehyung noticed the hesitation in her and somehow, as bad as it sounds, he was relieved. He saw her shook her head softly, "I...I don't know. I miss him, I really do...but I don't know if...if I love him that way still," she said softly and when she looked up, he saw her eyes glistening in tears and his felt guilty for putting him in that position. "A...Am I horrible for thinking this way?" The way her voice sounded and how she was on the verge of tears made his heart break.

"No, because if you are, then how horrible am I?" He said, hoping to comfort her even if he sounded conceited. She blinked back her tears and widened her eyes a little, something he'd expected--she was asking what he meant. He softly smiled and patted her head. "Believe me. You're not. Feelings change, it's natural. You don't have to feel so bad about it."

Joohyeon looked down and sniffed. Somehow, she believed him but it's not only about her questioning her feelings about her boyfriend, but of her actually falling for him. She felt terrible because she felt like she's cheating on him by being with him in all those night and right that moment. But she can't force herself to tell him that so she just nodded and forced on a smile. "Maybe you're right."

Taehyung smirked, nodded. "Of course I am." He grinned and she snorted a laugh. "If you're so worried that you're doing him wrong, then isn't it better to tell him than keeping it from him? I'm sure he'll understand."

She sniffed, nodding. "I guess... Waaaa, this is weird," she said, wiping her tears away. She doesn't know how she was able to tell all those to him when he's the main reason for her questioning his feelings for the guy she's supposed to be in love with. But she knew he was right and she was just hoping that it would work the way he said it would. For some reason, she couldn't wait to ask her last question and get out of the topic as it was getting quite hot. "Can I ask my last question?" She asked.

Taehyung smirked although his heart was beating loudly in his chest. "You look excited. I wonder what that question is."

Joohyeon sheepishly grinned. "Why, you nervous?"

"You're not going to ask me to be your boyfriend, would you?" Taehyung joked and Joohyeon felt her heart jump to as her cheeks turned to a deeper shade of red.

"O-Of course not!" She said and Taehyung laughed. 

"I'm just joking." She frowned and Taehyung poked her cheeks, smirking. "Because even so, I wouldn't answer you. Because if there's someone who should ask, it should be me," he said, slightly smiling. Joohyeon didn't know what to say as she stared at him. She wasn't sure if what she's thinking is what he meant and even if he did, what would she say? She'd rather pretend to take it as a joke than to be embarrassed in the end.

"That's not funny, Tae," she said, frowning but the unchanging expression on his face made her weak inside. She looked away and that's when she noticed that the sun was about to rise and her eyes widened at the sight. She was really thankful that she was able to get out moment. "It's sunrise!"

Taehyung softly smiled, not turning his gaze away from her. "It's nice, isn't it?"

For a moment, Joohyeon had forgotten the panic she felt and she nodded, a big smile on her face. She loved seeing the sun rise because the way it lights up the whole place for her looks majestic. It also means that another day was given for her because after her accident, she realized how life could just be snagged away from you before you know it so the sunrise is more meaningful to her more than it ever did.

Taehyung loved the way she smiled right then. How her face lit up upon seeing the sunrise and he was happy that the wait was totally worth it. He didn't want to destroy the moment so he decided to not say more and enjoy the moment with her. Because like her, the day he thought he lost her, he realized how every moment should be treasured because you will never know when it will be the last.

He wished that that sunrise wouldn't be their last either.

 

It was minutes later when the sun had fully conquered the sky and it shone down on them, beating the coldness they've felt overnight. They were both quiet until a phone started ringing and their heads snapped to the phone vibrating inside Taehyung's pocket, the earlier tension forgotten. They looked at each other before Taehyung checked who was calling and saw Haejin's name flashing on the screen.

"It's the guys," he said and Joohyeon nodded. "You should answer it." Taehyung pressed the phone to his ears. He needed to put the phone away from his ears as Jungkook's voice boomed from the other side and Joohyeon chuckled. "What? Stop screaming! I'm with her... It's not like I'm going to do anything to her! Kook, can you freaking calm down? She's okay... There's nothing wrong... Yes, yes, we'll be going home now... YES. We're on our way. I'm hanging up. Bye." Taehyung immediately pressed the end call and groaned. "That guy. It's not like I kidnapped you or something."

"You actually somehow did," she teased and Taehyung snickered.

"You came willingly so it's not kidnapping," Taehyung smirked, putting the phone back in his pockets. "Anyhow, we need to get back. The boys are worried sick of you now. I don't even know if they care that I'm not there as well," he said, rolling his eyes. Joohyeon laughed and shook her head. Taehyung took a deep breath and stood up, putting his hand out to pull her up. Joohyeon hesitated for a moment before taking it and Taehyung noticed it, sighing. "Are you still not comfortable? We've been holding--"

"Okay. You don't have to say it," she said, grabbing his hand and Taehyung smirked and pulled her up, a little too hard that she ended up colliding to his chest. She felt her cheeks turn bright red as she felt his heartbeat racing the same as her but when she tried pulling away, Taehyung encirled his arms around her, keeping her in place.

"Tae-Taehyung..."

"Let's stay like this for a moment, please," he said and Joohyeon swallowed, her heart beating so loudly in her chest. She wanted to say something but her head was blank and all she could think about is how he was hugging her and how it felt so right and wrong at the same time. It took her seconds before she finally leaned in to him, pressing her cheeks to her chest and putting her arms around his waist.

Taehyung couldn't think straight for a moment when he felt her arm around him and he closed his eyes, leaning more to her until she was pressed to him with no more gap in between them. 

After a minute, he finally found his voice back and softly, he said, "Thank you for staying with me all night even if I was annoying. Thank you for trying to forget even if it was hard. Thank you...because you came back. Even if you couldn't remember anything, I'm just happy you are back. I know I haven't been the best guy out there but don't go anywhere else, okay?"

Joohyeon softened as she listened. She could hear the sincerity in his voice and even if she wasn't sure that she wouldn't leave their side ever again, she nodded. "I won't." She wasn't sure if Taehyung was like this because somebody had left him before but if she can, she wanted to stay by his side and never leave him. She heard him sniff and it surprised her, making her pull away but Taehyung stopped her, pulling her closer.

"Don't. It's embarrassing," he said and Joohyeon chuckled. 

"It's not. It's alright, I understand," she said. She wasn't sure how long it was before finally, Taehyung moved away, his fringe casting a shadow to his eyes as he looked away, wiping the remaining tears away. She can't help but smile, happy to see another side to Taehyung.

Taehyung bit his bottom lip as he felt so embarrassed to cry in front of her but at the same time, it was only Joohyeon who could make him lose his pride just like that and make him cry so it wasn't really anything new. "Sorry. That was so unmanly."

She chuckled and shrugged. "That's alright. I never thought of you as manly, anyway," she joked, earning a playful glare from Taehyung.

"Not manly, huh? Then go drive yourself home," he said, pretending to leave her there. She grinned, knowing Taehyung wouldn't leave her alone but despite it, she still jogged up to him, nudging him on the shoulder.

"I'm just joking," she said but Taehyung continued to walk, ignoring her.

"Yah. Are you not going to talk to me?" Taehyung remained unfazed and she frowned.

"Kim Taehyung"

"Taehyung"

"Tae"

"Tae Tae." She almost collided to his back when he suddenly stopped and turned around, making her blink at him.

"You have to cook me breakfast when we get home then I'll forgive you," Taehyung said, a pink tint on his cheeks and she smiled, nodding.

"Yes sir!" She saw the small smirk on his lips as he turned around and continued walking.

"Walk faster or the guys would kill me."

"I'm sure they won't."

The one hour drive home was oddly peaceful even with one more question from each them was remained unsaid. And oddly enough, they thought it was better to end it that way.

 

As soon as they reached home, Jungkook came trudging to them and pulling Joohyeon aside, looking her up and down and Taehyung rolled his eyes while Joohyeon tried to assure him that she was alright. The other boys didn't seem to be bothered so much as they only asked where they went before saying that Seokjin had already cooked breakfast so if they're hungry, they could already eat. 

Remembering how she said that she'll cook Taehyung breakfast, she rushed to the kitchen and checked if there were more ingredients left for a fried rice but Seokjin had already cooked a lot. 

"It's okay." She spun around and saw Taehyung picking on the laver. "You can cook me food tomorrow," he said and Joohyeon hesitated before nodding.

"Alright. But you'll talk to me, won't you?" She said and Taehyung's lips turned up. "Are you that concerned that I won't talk to you?" 

Joohyeon's cheeks turned bright red as she looked away. "What? Of course not!" She said and her eyes widened when she saw that all the other boys were watching them from the entryway, giving them curious looks. Taehyung looked around but didn't seem to be too bothered as he grabbed another laver and munch it. "I...I'm going to my room first and catch some sleep. Will that be okay?" She asked and it took the boys a few seconds before Hoseok finally nodded.

"Sure. I'm sure you've been up for the whole night," he smiled softly and Joohyeon smiled back.

"Thank you. I'll see you guys later," she said as she scampered out the kitchen and to her room.

Once she was out of ear shot, the boys' focused on Taehyung who was busy picking on the food on the table. 

"Are you going to tell us something?" Jimin asked, a mischievous smile on his lips. Taehyung stared at them for a while, as if thinking, before shrugging. 

"It's for us to know and for you to find out. I'm hitting the pillows," he said, smirking as he patted Yoongi on the shoulder and walking off to his room.

The guys' watched him leave and before Jungkook could say something about how Taehyung was being a jerk to them, Namjoon just pulled a chair on the dining area and told them that they should just leave them alone because they clearly needed sleep, if they could even do so and the other boys got what he meant, making them snicker and for the rest of the morning, it was just the six of them wondering if things had been really fixed.

 

It was already past noon when Taehyung got up and joined the boys in the living room. His eyes scanned the house but Joohyeon wasn't still up so he assumed that maybe she was still asleep. He didn't want to bother her so he just waited for her while trying to dodge the boys' questions and thinking back to the hours he had her for himself, making him smile to himself and the boys giving him weird looks. Hours later, Seokjin said that they should wake her up since she hadn't eaten a single meal since this morning.

"I'll wake her up," Jungkook immediately volunteered, running off to her room before anyone could protest. Taehyung just let him be, knowing that Jungkook wouldn't let him even get past her room but when he hadn't returned after a few minutes, it got him worried so he got up and was about to walk to check them when Jungkook burst in the living room, shocking them all. Taehyung could feel his heart beat fast as he saw the horrified expression on Jungkook's face.

"What happened?" Yoongi asked.

"J-Joohyeon...She..." He wasn't able to finish because without second thoughts, Taehyung came running to her room.


A/N:

Hi my lovely readers! How are you all doing? I know it's been a week or so but I'm attacked with a writer's block and my brain can't just work right. I hope this update wasn't too disappointing.

We are on the third to the last chapter. The story is nearing it's end and I'm happy that you are still here with me.

I'll update as soon as I can so for now, I hope you can comment on your opinions for the last two chapters left. What do you think will happen? Will there be a happily ever after? 

Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing! Even if I don't get to reply to some of the comments, please do know that I read it and appreciate it! ^^