08

One More Day

The next morning was something Joohyeon was half waiting for and half not. She was anticipating it because she could finally go out their house but half not because they were going out to do a fitting for her gowns.

Joonmyeon insisted to come afraid to not be there if something suddenly comes up but their mom didn’t allow him, assuring him that everything would be alright. In the end, he got his phone and contacted his friend to be there.

Joohyeon sat inside the car with her mother sitting beside her. She noticed the park and playground across their house and smiled, thinking that she should visit that some time. They passed by houses and few condominium buildings before they were out in the road. She stared out the whole time, watching everything they passed by, as if it was the first time she had been there.

A faint smile came to her lips as she thought of that. She had lived more than half of her life there but it felt as though she was only able to see it then and it dampened her mood a little.

“Omma?” She called not taking her eyes off of the window.

“Yes dear?” Her mom asked, smiling at her.

“Where do I like going the most before?” She asked looking back to her mother and her mother’s smile faltered a little.

“A place you liked going?” She asked and Joohyeon nodded. “Well… You don’t often go out and would usually stay in during weekends or after school. If anything, you love going to the park across our house,” her mom explained picking her words carefully and she nodded, smiling.

“The place did attract me. I think I should go there some time near.” She looked out the window again and continued her sightseeing.

 

 

“You should treat me because you lost the game!” Hoseok said and Jimin ignored him as they walked the streets of Myeongdong.

As always it was filled with people, especially now that Christmas is near, many are buying new clothes and gifts.

“You lost before but you didn’t even treat me so why would I?” Jimin said and Hoseok sneered.

“Stop bringing up the past. I won today so you should treat me,” Hoseok continued but Jimin had stopped in his tracks, making Hoseok stop as well. “Hey, what are you---“

“Come here,” Jimin said, pulling Hoseok by the arm. He pointed somewhere afar and Hoseok followed but all he could see is the restless body of people walking. “Do you see what I’m seeing?” He said and Hoseok squint his eyes.

“What? There are lots of people here. What are you even talking about?” He asked arching an eyebrow.

“There!” Jimin said and as if everyone went still, Hoseok’s eyes widened in horror. “GHOST!!!” He half screamed and was about to run when Jimin held the hood of his jacket, pulling him back. “Let’s approach her.”

“What the fck?!” Hoseok said but Jimin was determined to go cross to the other side and when they did, from the window of the shop they saw the familiar face, smiling brightly in that similar fashion. “Ohmygosh Jimin. We could see ghost. This is---“

“Shut up. She’s not a ghost! Look! They are talking to her and her mother is there!” Jimin said and Hoseok noticed just then and when realization both struck them, their breath hitched.

“She’s alive.”

A few minutes passed and Joohyeon walked out of the shop with her mother. They stood at the side, watching and when Joohyeon turned to their direction, they spun around and once sure, they looked back and saw her as she walked to the other direction with her mother where their car was waiting. When they had drove away, their sight never left her, with similar thought in mind.

“Are we telling this to the guys?” Hoseok asked and Jimin pursed his lips in thought. He shook his head.

“There’s no point of telling them. We should just keep it to ourselves, okay? Whatever we saw today, let’s just…forget it. Let’s forget it happened,” Jimin said.

“But what about Taehyung?” Hoseok said and Jimin sighed. “He said he is moving on right? Once he knew it how could he?” Hoseok was torn in telling and not but Jimin gave him a look and he sighed. “Fine. But if the guys learn about it, I’m telling you off.”

“No one would know if no one would say a thing. Let’s go.” Jimin pat him on the back and Hoseok took one last look to the direction Joohyeon had left and his hand curled to a fist.

 

 

Her mom’s phone rang when they were inside the restaurant, eating lunch. Her mom excused herself to answer the call and she just smiled. She continued eating when from the entrance of the restaurant, she saw two familiar figures entering. She stretched her neck to see and her eyes widened.

When their eyes made contact, Joohyeon waved and the two guys waved back to her. Her mother came back to the table just in time when the two guys had approached them.

“Good afternoon, ahjumeoni,” they greeted and Mrs. Kim gave them a curt nod and a smile. "Good afternoon to you too."

“Oppas, what are you doing here?” Joohyeon asked and Jongdae and Yixing just smiled, shrugging.

“Omma, is something the matter?” She asked.

“My secretary just called and she told me that there was a problem in the office but its okay. I already---“

“No mom. You need to attend that. Don’t worry about it. Plus, Jongdae and Yixing oppa is already here,” she said, smiling, half expecting it from the start and although quite disappointed, she was not selfish to stop her mother if it concerns her work.

“Are you sure?” Her mom worriedly asked and she nodded. Her mom smiled apologetically. “I’ll make it up to you, okay? Jongdae and Yixing, please take care of my daughter,” she said standing up. They smiled and nodded.

“Will do,” they said and Mrs. Kim smiled thanking them before walking out the restaurant.

Jongdae and Yixing then took the chance to settle down in front of her. “Ah, you want?” Joohyeon asked, offering them food. “I’ll order more if you want.” She shrugged.

“Nah. It’s okay. We already ate before going here,” Jongdae said.

“So, I heard you went to fit your dress today?” Yixing asked and she nodded.

“Yeah. They’re hurrying everything because it’s just a few days away,” she frowned and Jongdae ruffled her hair.

“I’m sure you’ll be perfect on that day,” Jongdae said and Yixing nodded in agreement. Joohyeon shook her head with a small smile.

“I’m done eating.” Joohyeon placed her utensils down and wiped with the handkerchief.

“Well then, should we go to a tour?” Jongdae said smiling widely.

“Really?” She asked, excitement obvious with her voice.

“Ahuh. Let’s go,” Yixing said as he stood up and the three of them left the restaurant.

They picked the place they would go wisely as Joonmyeon told them. They thought of bringing her to Garosugil and tour her around. There weren’t a lot of people there so they thought it was a good place.

Some people they would pass by looked their way, since two handsome men and one beautiful young lady came to the area. Yixing isn’t really known by face by many but by name he is, as one of the best song writers and producers in the music industry.

“Excuse me,” a passerby said and they stopped. “Uhm… Are you Yixing? The famous producer?” She asked shyly and Yixing smiled and nodded. “Can I get your autograph?!” Jongdae and Joohyeon smirked, seeing how popular Yixing is. Once the girl had walked away, Jongdae mimicked, “Can I get your autograph?” and pretended to be a fan, and they laughed while Yixing just had a small smile on his face.

They entered shop after shop since it was cold outside, trying out different clothes and styles and buying some that they really like. Once the sun was about to set, they already decided to go home since Joonmyeon had already called to tell them to bring her home for dinner.

Joohyeon was a little disappointed that they already had to go home but followed since her brother might go hysterical when they still won’t be around by the time the sun sets. When she was already back, Jongdae and Yixing left immediately after having a short talk with Joonmyeon.

“How did it go?” He asked.

“Don’t worry about it. We went to Garosugil. There are not much people around.” Yixing assured.

“She didn’t act like she saw someone familiar so I guess that was okay. Don’t work yourself up, okay?” Jongdae said, patting him on the arm.

“Okay. Thanks,” he said smiling before they left.

“Had fun?” He asked standing by Joohyeon’s doorway.

“Ahuh. I hope I could visit other places as well.” She smiled as she put what she had bought inside her closet.

“Maybe next time. I’ll be the one to take you.” Joonmyeon wasn’t sure if it was a great idea of taking her out but he knew he kind of disappointed Joohyeon whenever he doesn’t allow her out.

“Really? That’s a promise okay? No taking back.” Joohyeon stick her pinky finger out and Joonmyeon sighed, taking it. “Promise.” And he sealed it with their thumb touching.

 

 

Days passed by fast as final preparations were made for her birthday party. She wasn’t able to go out that much except for the reception place, the dress shop, and the mall. She had been going back and forth to those places for days.

They bought new heels which she dreads, some jewelries, and more and more of girly stuffs she wasn’t really up for. For the many hours she would spend in the mall, she would end up only with a few shopping bags to none at all. Sometimes, she would just go home bringing with her new books or albums from the bookstore and music stores.

Two days before the grand party though, when they were at the mall, something happened that totally made an impact to her.

They were strolling the mall when a girl who looked like she’s on the same age, approached her with teary eyes.

“Joohyeon?” She said and Joohyeon was so startled she didn’t know what to say. She turned to her brother and her brother looked like he didn’t know what to do as well.

“Sorry but do I know you?” She asked, feeling bad because she doesn’t even know her. The girl was shocked for a moment before holding her on the shoulders.

“Joohyeon it’s me. It’s me---“

“Sorry miss and sir. My sister had just mistaken you for somebody we know. I’m really sorry.” A guy who looked no older than her said grabbing the young lady on her arms while she struggled.

“Oppa! Stop!” She said but the guy held her firmly. Joohyeon didn’t know what to do. For some reason, she felt like tearing up.

“Stop it. Let’s go,” he whispered as he bowed a little, his eyes meeting Joonmyeon’s before it landed on Joohyeon. His jaw tightened before he took her sister away who kept on resisting.

Flashes of blurry images appeared in her mind and it made her head ache more. Joohyeon felt her surrounding blur as everything started to spin. Joonmyeon luckily caught her in time. “Joohyeon, Joohyeon!” Panic rose in him and before Joohyeon knew it, everything turned black.

She woke up inside a hospital room. A tube was connected to her for IV treatment. Her head was still aching when she woke up and when the people in the room noticed she was awake, they all rushed to her side.

“Are you okay?” Joonmyeon asked, brushing away the stray hair on her face. She slightly nodded, trying to take in her surroundings. Luhan and Chanyeol were also there.

“Are you feeling anything?” Chanyeol asked worriedly and she winced a little.

“Do you need anything? Water? Should I call the doctor?” Luhan asked and she closed her eyes to relax a bit. She tried propping herself up on the bed and the three guys immediately came to help her.

“Oppas, I’m okay,” she said in her hoarse voice.

“How could we be so sure when you just suddenly fainted?” Joonmyeon said, his voice coated in concern.

“I’m alright. You don’t need to worry about it. Maybe I just had that normal attacks again,” she assured, smiling a little.

“I’ll go call the doctor,” Joonmyeon said leaving the room.

Luhan sighed. “Should we postpone the party?” He said and Joohyeon shook her head.

“No. It’s okay. Let’s push through with it. I’m sure I can go out today. Thank you,” she said when Chanyeol handed her a glass of water.

“You don’t have to worry about it. I’m sure the guests would understand,” Chanyeol said worriedly and Joohyeon shook her head again.

“I’m fine.”

Their conversation was cut when Joonmyeon came back with the doctor. The doctor checked her and asked how she was feeling and the necessary before they left the room again. Joonmyeon went in a minute later.

“What did the doctor say, oppa?” She asked excited to leave because she never really like being inside the hospital at all cost, and Joonmyeon sighed.

“You can go out today but you have to stay at home and rest tomorrow until your birthday party, you understand?” Joonmyeon said and she nodded knowing she really didn’t have any choice anyway. It was always like that when she was attacked by headaches.

Joonmyeon arranged her papers before they were let home. Luhan drove them home and since Chanyeol was around, the ride was lively and Joohyeon kept on laughing. Joonmyeon watched from the rear view mirror as he sat at the passenger’s seat.

Half an hour later, they arrived in front of the Kim residence and they all got down. Chanyeol assisted Joohyeon even if she said that she was okay because Chanyeol was persuasive like that. Joohyeon was told to go to bed immediately and Chanyeol accompanied her while Luhan and Joonmyeon talked outside.

“Lu, what am I going to do? Her best friend already saw her and I’m pretty sure soon, everyone would know she’s back.”

“Bro, that’s bound to happen. Especially in the party, everyone would see her. She will be introduced to the public as the youngest in the Kim family. Joonmyeon, what will happen will happen. You cannot do anything about it.”

Joonmyeon was so frustrated he slammed his fist on the wall and Luhan put a hand on his shoulder. “All we have to do now is be there for her. She might have another attack when more familiar people come back in her life because then, for sure, her brain might not take everything. That’s the only things we can do for now.”

Joonmyeon took a large breath before sighing out loud. Luhan was right. If they can’t prevent people from the past from coming back, the only thing they can do is be there when that happens.

 

 

The next day, since she was not allowed to go outside or do any stressful activity, she mostly stayed inside her room. If not, she would be in their garden reading a book and listening to music. When she grew tired of reading, she returned to her room and plopped on her bed. She stared at her ceiling, thinking of other things to do.

“Read, surf the internet, listen to music…” A smile came across her face once an idea popped inside of her mind. She got up from her bed and went to her cabinet.

When they left to go to America, she wasn’t the one to arrange her things and when they came back, she was also not the one who fixed her things back to the closet because her parents wouldn’t allow her to do anything that could stress her out and it actually . She really couldn’t remember how her room last looked so when she entered, it felt new.

A long desk by the window, a bookshelf that held a few books, CDs and picture frames of her with her family, with her eleven oppas, and her two best friends that she just placed when she came, a LED TV screen across her queen sized bed, a door to the bathroom and then a big closet. That was mostly what her room contained when she came and so she thought that that must be how it also looked before as far as her memory could remember.

She opened her closet and there hangers of clothes welcomed her. Finding nothing interesting, she closed it and proceeded to another closet and opened it. The same thing welcomed her so she closed it and sat on the floor, opening the drawers next.

Folded shirts. Undergarments. Shorts. It’s what mostly her drawers consisted and she sighed, falling against the floor.

“Aren’t there anything interesting in my life before?!” She groaned. She sighed getting on her feet. She went over to her desk and sat on the rotating chair. A small smile came to her lips before she opened the drawer on her desk.

She frowned when it was empty. She tried opening the other drawers but there was nothing. She sighed. Maybe everything was asked to be cleaned after they left and before they came. She frowned at the idea of others putting some of her things away without her permission.

“It was the head maid who arranged your things when we left.” Joonmyeon once told her and she mischievously smiled at that.

She walked out her room and searched the house for the head maid. She entered the maids’ quarters and knocked on the doors but no one answered. When she reached the last door at that hall, she found it locked and wondered what it contained since she knew for sure that there were only two maid's room.

“Miss?” She was startled at the voice and she turned, to finally find the head maid.

“Oh, Mrs. Kang, do you know where my things are? The one I left?” She asked and for a moment a panic expression crossed the head maid’s face and she noticed it. “Is…something wrong?” She asked.

“Ah… No Miss. Your things… I think it was already thrown away. I suppose, you need it?” She asked politely and she nodded disappointed at the thought but something was pulling her to the locked room so she pressed further.

“Can I just have the key to this room?” She said looking at the door and the head maid hesitated.

“But miss, that room is really messy. It’s the storage room.” She tried to explain.

“No it’s okay. I’ll just wash up right after,” she said smiling. The head maid had a panic stricken face as she hesitated and Joohyeon can’t help but notice it. Before she could ask anything though, she heard her brother’s voice, calling her name. She just sighed before walking out and meeting her brother.

“Oppa,” she said once she got to the living room and saw her brother.

“Oh there you are. Where were you? I’ve been searching for you around,” Joonmyeon said and Joohyeon just smiled.

“I was just looking around since I kind of missed the house. By the way, I thought you won’t be back ‘til later?” She asked and Joonmyeon gave her a skeptical look, looking over her shoulder before looking back at her.

“I thought that my sister might be lonely alone so I thought we could go bond before the big party.” He winked and she smiled widely, nodding.

“That’s a great idea. I’m actually growing bored here.” They went up the stairs but Joohyeon told herself that no matter what, she’s going to get the key.

That night, when her brother had fallen asleep on the bed while they were watching a movie, she quietly walked out her room and tiptoed down the stairs. Some of the lights were still on and she looked around, hoping to find a maid except for the head maid because she could obviously say that she wasn’t going to give her the key.

When she did, she immediately called her and asked if she knows where the key to the room was and the maid showed her. She smiled when she got the key and thanked the maid.

Quietly, she walked to the room and inserted the key to the doorknob. When it clicked open, a mischievous smile came to her lips. She flicked the lights on and saw how the room was indeed messy with lots of stuff stored. She then silently closed the door and went down to her business.

 

It was the big day.

The clock had already strike eleven when she got up. Her parents let her sleep in since the afternoon would be busy for her and she needed all the sleep she could get. When they were having lunch though, Joohyeon was awfully quiet and it got her parents worried.

“Are you not feeling well?” Her dad asked and she shook her head, smiling.

“No, I’m okay,” she said. Joonmyeon watched her. Knowing her sister well, he knew she was keeping something and he was going to find it out.


A/N:

Hiiiiiiiiiii

How are you guys? :)

As I said in the previous chapter, I'll update today so here I am with a new round of drama. Kekeke.

Thank you for always reading. I love you guys! <3

"Aigooo Aigoooo" >_<