022

One More Day

It was already past midnight and they were still halfway to their destination. They had decided to stop by a stop-over for washroom breaks and dinner since most of them hadn't eaten yet. The atmosphere since the ride started had been errie. Nobody really said a thing, even if they wanted to say something. They were just so caught up with what they were doing and how they were going to really escape the eyes of people who could recognize them, especially her. And they were pretty sure that police are already called to look for her. After all, she's the daughter of one of the conglomerates of the business industry. It was bound to happen and they were just lucky enough if they had thought of the girl not really being kidnapped but willingly came. It was her idea too.

Taehyung was still nervous of everything but more than anything, he's worried for her health. What if something happens to her when she's with them? What if rather than helping her, they'll put her in more danger? What if her sickness worsens? There were no ending what ifs running in his mind and he had to calm himself and clear his thoughts and convince himself that everything will go as planned.

It's not that he's not happy. In all honesty, he is so delighted he got to be with her that he wanted to just never come back and live with her wherever as long as they are together. If ever she'll be having attacks, he'll make sure to be there and help her all he could. He would look for a job if he had to and probably stop studying and just resume later on. He'll do anything to be with her--for her.

They entered the food court and upon settling down, a minute insued in silence with nobody daring to break the atmosphere.

As he watched her stare far off as they sat around the table, he had the urge to take her in his arms and reassure her that it'll be alright, that nothing bad will happen, that he's there and he will never ever leave her. But he couldn't, other than he sat two seats away opposite from her, all he could do is stare at her.

Finally after a minute of a deafening silence, Hoseok decided to say something.

"So...What now? Are we just going to stare at each other or what? I'm seriously hungry," Hoseok began, trying to lighten the tensed feeling everybody was probably experiencing. He grinned as the other seven turned to his direction.

"Right. You always are," Yoongi commented making the others break a small smile. Instead of getting pissed, Hoseok felt relieved he was able to bring up the mood.

"Whatever. Don't eat then!" Hoseok stuck his tongue out.

"Okay guys. Let's get over it and order. We can't let our muse get hungry," Seokjin said, winking at Joohyeon whose eyes widened and cheeks blushed. Taehyung who saw everything glared at his direction and he made a 'v' sign while grinning which Joohyeon caught on. Joohyeon looked at where Seokjin directed it and met eyes with the brown haired boy before the latter diverted his look, slanting on his seat as if he was disinterested. Joohyeon fought the frown on her face as she couldn't understand the former's mood swings. One moment he's looking okay then before you know it, he'd turned to his arrogant self. She's already starting to hate him but for some reason she couldn't. Before she could dwell on it too much, Jungkook nudged her, making her turn to him who sat beside her.

"What do you like?" He began but before she could answer, Jungkook had put a hand up to , eyes lighting. "No need. I think I already know. We already know," Jungkook grinned widely making her blink in surprise. Confused, she looked around the table to the guys who had small smiles on their faces except the sharped eyes boy who kept his cool. Deciding to ignore him, she turned to the others, even if something weird was pulling her back to look at the boy. They know? She's so curious as to how everyone of them knew. She understood if Jungkook knew because they were long time friends, as far as she knows but the rest? She was unsure but right then, she was even more sure of her decision to come to them for help, for answers.

Instead of questioning them, she just nodded before the others immediately gave out their orders and Jungkook, Hoseok, and Namjoon stood up to order. After the three had left, it was quiet until the TV nearby went on the news. They felt their heart fasten but soon relaxed that it wasn't what they thought it was.

"That knocked my breath away for a moment," Jimin said, letting out a sigh of relief. Joohyeon bit her lips in guilt. She was the one who placed them in this position. In her own selfish desires, she placed them in an uncomfortable situation. Taehyung who saw the troubled expression on the former's face wanted to say something but he couldn't bring himself to as his fists curled under the table.

"I'm sorry. I..." She doesn't know what to say as her eyes glistened in the light and she blinked away the tears that was about to come. Her fingers fidgeted on her lap as she stared down the table. A second later, she felt a hand squeeze her left shoulder and she looked up to see Yoongi smiling reassuringly at her.

"Don't worry about a thing, okay? You didn't force us in doing this, we did this on our own accord. If it'll make you feel any better, we wanted to do this, we wanted to help you. So please don't blame yourself, it'll make us feel bad," Yoongi said, pouting and a small smile appeared on her lips and she nodded a little. Before she could say anything, the other three came back with their orders.

"Did we miss something?" Hoseok asked as they came back and noticed Joohyeon rubbing at her eyes and Yoongi patting her shoulder. Seokjin just gave them a nod to answer their question and they completely understood as they placed down the trays. "But before that! Here's the food! We can't let food wait!" He exclaimed making some groan in his attempt to act cute while some cracked a smile.

"Am I right?" Jungkook said as he set the plate of fried rice in front of her. Her eyes twitched a little before she in her cheeks, the boys watching her anxiously. They couldn't get it wrong can they? Or had she changed her preference since? It's not impossible but... "...Or maybe not...?" Jungkook's voice sounded so disappointed, it made it hard for her to stop the smile to come up to her face.

"We could order something else if you want," Namjoon offered. Before she could say something, Taehyung cut in.

"She obviously likes it. Can't you see through her face?" It made her pout as Taehyung busted her. She looked at him but Taehyung just smirked at her. "I'm right, ain't I?"

"What if I said no?" Joohyeon challenged. The other seven guys started to exchange looks.

Jimin mouthed, "Are they back on bickering AGAIN?" And the rest answered with shrugs, smirks, or knowing smiles.

"I bet you wouldn't," Taehyung said cockily making Joohyeon hate his guts.

"Are you sure about that?" Joohyeon said, an eyebrow raised, determined to win the argument although she knows she's at the losing end. For some reason, it felt right though it's wrong.

Taehyung nodded, so sure he'll win. "I'll jump to the winter sea if I'm proven wrong." Joohyeon was taken aback at his bargain and when she thought he was done, he suddenly added, "And if I win, you'll do anything I want for one whole day."

"HEY! That's unfair!" Joohyeon fired up but before she could continue more, a blurred memory flashed in her head and voices echoed. Her eyes twitched as her vision blurred but she tried to get a hold of herself as she gripped the edge of her chair tightly. Taehyung noticed it and he felt his heart stop with him cursing underneath his breath. He was already ready to run to her side when somebody beat him to it and somehow, he was happy he didn't have to blow up his cover.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked worriedly and Joohyeon nodded, smiling to convince them. Jungkook gave Taehyung a pointed look and he just looked away, feeling guilty but hopeful.

"Enough of that and let's get to eating. If you want something else, just tell us Joohyeon, okay?" Seokjin said, smiling and she smiled in return.

As they all settled back down and started eating with the boys being so loud, she heard Hoseok say, "I missed this," a content smile on his face as he took a bite of his meal.

And for some reason, a smile appeared on her face as she quietly agreed with him even though she doesn't get how she could miss something she doesn't even have a memory of.

 

An hour and a half passed and they were already done with their meal. As some had excused to go to the washroom before they continue, Joohyeon stood by the car, her cellphone tightly wrapped around her hands. She was contemplating on calling them to tell them that she was okay. She was a hhundred and one percent sure they were already worried. She was actually surprised that it hadn't reached the news yet as their family was a popular across the business industry owning many chains of schools and expanding through other business such as hotels and estates.

She can't help but think about how her brother and boyfriend might be running around the airport looking for her since the time she hadn't come back. She wasn't very sure if Joonmyeon had already contacted her parents but knowing her brother, she was pretty sure he would first try to do it himself and if he really needs help, then that's when he would come to their parents. And since there still aren't reports of her missing, then she's pretty sure it hasn't reached her parents yet and she was somehow relieved as she knows how her parents would go berserk if they found out what happened.

But she really couldn't know until she'll be able to talk to her brother at least. She had left a letter in her room but she wasn't sure if they had read it yet. Her cellphone was turned off since it'll be easy to detect her if she left it on. She almost jumped on her position when she heard a voice beside her.

"You should call them."

She turned to her side to see Seokjin smiling warmly at her. She looked down to her phone and bit her lip.

"I'm not sure. What if they detect us? All of your efforts will go to waste and I don't want that to happen," she replied and Seokjin jut his lower lip out, nodding.

"You're probably right but they're still your family. We don't know until when we're going to be gone and I'm sure you don't want them to worry about you," Seokjin said and she thought about it. She knew he was right but it's still a risk she's afraid to take. She was about to just let it go, to just hope that they'll be able to read the letter she left until Seokjin said, "You could always use a payphone." He grinned and a bright smile lit her face. She nodded, forgetting about that helpful item everywhere.

"I'll do that. Thank you..." She hesitated, not knowing how to address him, making Seokjin softly chuckle.

"You can call me Seokjin oppa. For now," he said, winking and before she could ponder on what he said, he spun her to her heels and pushed her towards the telephone booth. "Go now. We'll be leaving as soon as they return from the washroom and snack shopping." 

Putting aside her curiousity, she looked back around and smiled, nodding. "Thank you, Seokjin oppa." Seokjin felt his heart swollen, remembering the first time she had called him that before settling to a nickname. 

Joohyeon jogged towards a telephone booth and once getting there, she thought for a minute who to call, with her brother and Jae on the top list since they were the one she was with last. It took her a while deciding who to call before grabbing the telephone and dialling the number of the person who she wasn't sure knew she was missing but sure that would understand her best. The phone rang twice, thrice, before someone answered from the other end.

"Oppa, it's me, Joohyeon."


A/N:

Hi guys!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm back with a new chapter. Please forgive me for my abscence. I've already said that I won't be able to update every so often but I will try my best to update. Since I got in the mood to write, I decided to type up a chapter. This is a short one but I hope you enjoyed it. Thank you for reading!

Comments are greatly appreciated! Love you guys! <3