031

One More Day

With the dance battle just a few days away, the boys started making up a dance routine that very day. They had decided to use some old steps fromt heir old dance while putting some new steps just to say that it wasn't completely a recycled dance. They were all so excited that nothing else mattered.

Joohyeon could see the excitement in their eyes and as if it was some disease, even her got so excited as she watched them practice. She had never really seen any of her friends join any dance battle, not that she could remember. It's only then that she saw them dance. She didn't even know they dance. She was still in awe as she watched them.

"Whoah, so they could really dance," she said in awe as they were rehearsing some steps. She felt her heart jump in surprise when Taehyung winked at her way. She felt hot on the face as she furrowed her eyebrows at him. He just smirked at her before focusing on dancing again. "Wha--"

Her eyes twitch, her head suddenly aching. She squint her eyes, trying to relieve the pain but memories suddenly started playing like a broken record. She could see boys dancing then somebody pulling her up to dance. It was in a dance studio before it changed to a stage where the boys danced. She could hear voices in the background that she tried to make out.

"I know you'll be a great dancer."

"You guys will be the best!"

"Bangtan Boys, hwaiting!"

Her eyes snapped open. "Bangtan..." She looked up at the boys vigorously dancing and remembered what Jimin said a little while ago before they started practicing.

"We were called Bangtan Boys back in our middle school days. Ahhhhhhh all girls loved us." 

"Joohyeon, are you okay?" A hand wave in front of her face and her eyes fluttered up to meet Jungkook's worried ones. She forced on a small smile as she nodded.

"Yeah. Why won't I be? Oh, I'll get you guys refreshments. I'll be right back!" She said, standing up from the swing and running inside. She doesn't know why she suddenly felt nervous all of a sudden.

She walked to the kitchen and got a glasses from the cupboard. Her hands were shaking as she placed them all in the tray. She went to the refrigerator and held it open. Instead of getting a pitcher of water, she just stared inside as thoughts flooded her mind. 

"They..." She swallowed, her jaw going tight. She shook her head, trying to clear her thoughts. "Get your head straight, Joohyeon. It's no time for you and your memories. The boys is joining a competition. Focus on them, focus." She took a deep breath before grabbing what she needed and poured it to the glass. 

She bit her lower lip hard, gathering her strength before carrying the tray outside the house, plastering a smile.

 

They practiced for hours until the sun was about to set. Joohyeon watched and cheered them on dilliegently. She didn't want to worry them by staring off into space so she kept herself busy most of the time by attending to them or shouting encouraging words for them. She even took it to herself to prepare dinner that night.

When she thought that it would most likely work, the boys still noticed how she was trying too hard to the point that it was obvious that she was trying to forget about something. They gathered in a semi-circle while looking at the window, watching Joohyeon make dinner for them. 

"Don't you think she's acting a little weird?" Jimin asked.

"Yeah. It's obvious that she's being loud on purpose," Namjoon said.

"It couldn't be because of that...right?" Yoongi whispered to himself but Jungkook who stood near him heard and looked at him.

"Because of what?" He asked, making Yoongi jump in surprise.

"What?" He returned the question back at him. By then, the boys were already watching them.

"Do you know why she's like that?" Jungkook asked. Yoongi shook his head.

"No. How could I know?" He said, not wanting to tell them what the two of them talked about hours ago. It's not that he's being selfish but because he knew it wasn't his position at all to tell them about that, knowing that even to him, Joohyeon was hesitant. The boys looked at him skeptically but he stood his ground and didn't say anything. "Don't look at me like that. I really don't know why she's like that. Ask her if you want to know anything. Geez," he said, kicking on the ground.

"Taehyung," Hoseok called and the said boy looked at him. "Do you perhaps know why?" 

He thought for a moment, thinking if there was something that could lead for her to act the way she is. Nothing came except... His eyes widen and the boys immediately notice it, telling him to tell them what it was. "I...I winked at her. But it's not like it's a first! Oww..." He touched his head where Seokjin smacked him.

"Why did you do that for?"

"Why are you flirting so careless like that?" Seokjin scolded.

"Like I said, it's not the first time I did it! Why is she acting only now if it's about that?" Taehyung frowned. He was indeed worried but it just doesn't make sense that it was all because of that wink.

"Could it be that..." Jimin said.

"...She's falling for you again?" Namjoon finished. The boys turned silent, not knowing whether to believe it. The thought made Taehyung's heart beat fast but he didn't want to go ahead of himself or else he'll just get hurt.

"Aye... That's impossible," Jungkook said, earning a glare form Taehyung.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean, I don't think it's that yet," Jungkook said. "She doesn't act like that as well when she started falling for you before. At least, not to us."

"Okay guys. Let's not pressure her into it. She'll tell us if she's ready. For now, let's just make her feel that she always has us," Hoseok said and although most of them were curious and worried, they nodded. Taehyung stared at her and bit his lips. He badly wanted to approach her but why can't he? Why can't he just talk to her like before? Why did everything even have to happen?

"Ugh," Taehyung groaned, messing his hair. He felt a hand on his shoulder and he looked up, meeting Yoongi's reassuring smile.

"Don't worry. I'm sure she's alright. I don't want to make you hope but I think we're getting there. I mean, we're doing our best right?" He said and Taehyung sighed, nodding.

"Yeah, thanks, hyung," he said, smiling softly.

"Here are the drinks!" Joohyeon said as she joined them. The boys huddled around her and took a glass each and gulped it. She just gave them a small smile, trying to avoid as much eye contact as possible. 

"Yah." She tilted to look at her side and saw Taehyung looking at her. She felt her heart skip a beat as she tried to act normal.

"What?" She said, looking away and pretending to fix the glasses. Nothing came in reply so she looked up and was surprised when a pair of hands squeezed her cheeks. She tried moving away but it was hard with her two hands occupied.

"Letgoofme," she said in a muffled voice.

"Why are you so...ugly?" He said, scrunching his nose up. He never meant a word but this is the only way he knows just to be able to approach her and really know if she's fine.

"BWOH?" She said, eyes widening. 

"Waaaa, I should take a picture of this for blackmailing," he said, shaking his head to the side before smirking. Finally, she got away and frowned, glaring at him.

"You...!"

"I know. I'm really handsome," Taehyung said, smirking.

She scoffed. "Waaa you're so out of it," Joohyeon said, rolling her eyes.

Taehyung snickered. "Even if I do that," he said, imitating what he did to her, making Joohyeon break to a smile as she tried to stop herself from laughing. Taehyung knew he succeeded when he saw that smile. "Now you're smiling." He grinned, making her turn pink.

At the realization, she felt her stomach flip. She gulped. "Whatever," she said, biting down her smile and looking away. Taehyung could see through her making his smile broader. He was happy to see her smile because of him since its been a while since her smile was because of him.

"I'm sorry to disturb you both but we need to resume our practice," Jimin said, mischievously smiling at them.

"You're not disturbing anything. You are free to drag him back," Joohyeon said, smiling sarcastically.

Taehyung smirked. "I know you'll miss me. Talk to you later, muse," he said, winking once more at her before jogging away, leaving Joohyeon stunned.

"Muse? Is he serious? One second he'll be calling me ugly then muse? Jinjja, he's really something," she said, shaking her head as she turned around making her way back inside the house.

That night, the rehearsals ended at midnight and while the boys went straight to bed after washing up, she stayed sitting on her bed, legs to her chest, pondering over the things that had occur in just one day and how she hadn't received any answer from Yoongi at all.

 

Days passed by in a blur. Everyday, they would practice for at least ten hours with breaks in between. Joohyeon decided to just push away the thoughts for the mean time as what's important is the upcoming dance battle and she wanted to show them her full support. Even if random memories still keeps on appearing in her head and weird dreams that keep on visiting her in her sleep, she tried to act like how she always do.

It was finally the day before the competition. They were rehearsing the whole dance routine for the last time, making sure they had it perfect. They asked Joohyeon to watch them intently and point anybody who makes a mistake. 

"It's okay even if you tell us off. It's mistakes that make us grow," Seokjin said, smiling. 

"I don't think there will be any but okay," she said, nodding and smiling.

"Okay! In the count of three," Namjoon said. "One, two, three!" And the music began, the boys moving to the beat.

As expected, they danced flawlessly. The routine was rushed but it didn't even look like it. They danced in sync, showing how their bond is so strong to be able to do it perfectly. Their efforts to make the dance showed and she was more than proud of them for it. Even without seeing the other performers, she was sure that they would win. Maybe not the first place, but she was sure they'll go home not empty handed.

She cheered them on as they dance, waving her hands in the air, making the boys smile and laugh at the same time. It was kinda embarrassing but seeing them smile was enough. They would also make some signal like a heart or just simply point at her, making her feel sheepish. She watched them all but her eyes would always find its way to the dark brown haired boy, eyes sharp and smirk deadly. She was amazed at how different he looked when he danced. She almost fell for him, almost, only if she knew it wasn't him. She felt her heart jump when his eyes met hers, caught in the act, his mouth turning to a smirk before sending her another wink. She looked away before it felt even more embarrassing being caught staring at him. Before she knew it, the four minute dance was over and she clapped, smiling broadly.

"It's great. I know you guys will win!" She said, making the boys cheer and hi-five each other. 

"Group hug!" Hoseok shouted, already going forward to hug Joohyeon but collided with another body instead. Hoseok pouted when he saw who it was while the others laughed.

"Not too fast," Taehyung whispered to him making Hoseok smirk.

"Being possesive, are we?" He said back before Taehyung let go of him, grinning. A stomach growling hushed them all as they all looked for where it came from and found Jungkook grinning.

"I'm actually quite hungry. Can we eat?" It made everyone chuckle.

 

They decided to make a bonfire outside since it wasn't too windy. They got chips out and other snacks to share during the bonfire. They also brought out some meat where Seokjin and Joohyeon helped cook it. When everything was set, they gathered around the bonfire, just talking about random things. The boys told stories and made fun of each other. They played a couple of games until they were tired of it and returned to just talking. It was almost midnight when they decided to call it off.

They helped her clean up even if she said that she would just do it herself. They were just too insistent on helping that she wasn't able to do anything but let them. Once everything was back to its place, they greeted each other good night before entering their rooms. It had been a really tiring day but Joohyeon found herself just staring at her ceiling, thinking about so many things. She was really excited for the coming day. She knew they would really be awesome. They even went out a few days ago just to look for some cheap clothing that the boys could wear since there weren't anything that would fit their performance. 

She doesn't know how many minutes had passed when she heard footsteps outside her room. "There's still someone awake?" She wondered. She slipped out of bed and walked to her door quietly. She peeked out but found no one. Her eyebrows creased. "It can't be burglar, right?" She thought. She looked left and right. She doesn't know whether she should look at it but if there really is, she needs to chase that person away, even if she doesn't know if she could even do that. Quietly, she walked out and walked carefully, looking left and right. It was too dark so it was hard to see. She tiptoed her way, not wanting to alert who ever came, if it was burglar. 

Her heart almost jumped out of her chest when a hand landed on her shoulder and she immediately whirled around and punched and kicked. "Let go of me you thief!" She half screamed and whispered.

"Yah. Stop it," the other person said but she still kept on punching until finally the person had pinned her on the wall and covered , her hand clipped to her back. She continued to scream into the person's hand but the person only sighed. "Kim Joohyeon." She stopped when she heard her name and she opened her eyes, looking up at the person only to meet a sharp but soft pair looking eyes, one that would always make her feel like she could stare at it forever. Her heart beat started to calm but still not in a normal pace as she found who the person was. Finally when he was sure that she was calmed down, he moved his hand away, landing it to the side of her head. Silence engulfed them as they continued to stare at each other, nobody budging and looking away. 

She knew she had to look away before it was too late but she couldn't and she wanted to hate herself for that. She wished that he would look away but he wouldn't and she wanted to hate himself for that as well. But she couldn't. She couldn't hate herself nor hate him. She bit her lower lip hard, hoping to knock some sense into her.

"You're still weak with punches," she heard him whisper, making her turn pink but at the same time wonder how he knew that.

"What?"

"Nothing," he said, pulling away and leaning back. "Do you think you'll be able to chase a thief away by doing that? You'll just get yourself hurt if you do that," he said in that stern but caring way.

She scoffed. "Why are you even awake? Shouldn't you be resting for later?" She said, looking down.

"I can't fall asleep." 

Before she could stop herself, she said, "Why?"

Taehyung looked at her and a smirk appeared on his lips. "You're curious, huh?" He said, teasing her.

"What? Of course not!" She said, feeling embarrassed. She clamped her lips together, scolding herself for not thinking before talking.

"I'm just thinking about someone so I can't fall asleep."

She looked up, surprised, only to see him walking over to the couch and sitting down. She just watched him, stunned to even move. She didn't expect him to say anything but she was somehow relieved to hear his answer because she really was curious, even if she hated to admit it. She blinked when suddenly, he looked up and patted the space next to him. She just stared at him, thinking if he's gone mad thinking that she would really seat next him, especially that they are alone.

She heard him scoff, making her divert her eyes to him. "I don't just jump on girls. I'm not that kind of guy. I don't even...like you," he said and an automatic frown came to her lips.

"I didn't say you are," she said, going over and sitting next him but the farthest she could go. She heard him chuckle, erasing the frown on her lips. She didn't know when his laugh started to sound melodic in her ears. She felt like she's the one who's gone mad and not him. 

"So..."

"So?"

"Why are you still up?" He asked, angling his body to look at her. The moonlight from outside illuminated a side of their faces so they could somehow see their reactions although not clearly.

"I can't fall asleep as well, thinking about some things," she said after a little hesitation. She doesn't know if she should tell him that but she just felt comfortable saying it. Maybe it was the effect of the time or maybe...maybe it's just his voice and the eyes that seemed to say something everytime she looks at it.

Taehyung considered of asking more since he was uncertain if Joohyeon would even want to tell him anything but he didn't want to lose the chance. She might think it's insane of him but to him, it was longing. "Then would I know what it is?" He asked, quirking an eyebrow.

"And why would I tell you?" She said, facing him. By then, they were already facing each other. Joohyeon was stunned a little at how handsome he looked even with only half of his face lit up by the moonlight. Her heart started beating fast at the thought and wet her lips to calm herself. She can't feel the way she feels because it was wrong but her heart seem not to cooperate with her at the moment.

Taehyung noticed how she looked nervous since she just her lips. He knew that habit very well and he wondered if it was because he was so near that she felt like that or something else. He looked away from her lips and to her eyes.

"I don't know... Maybe because you have let it out? Actually, you tell me. Why?" He said, raising his eyebrows.

They just stared at each other before she looked away. "It's nothing, really," she said, even if in fact, it's very important as it could affect how long their stay would be there and everything else.

"It's not very convincing," he said. "Okay. If you want, let's trade. I'll tell you what's on my mind, and you tell me what's on yours." Taehyung was hoping to win with that bargain. It's not that he was forcing her but he knows her and her tendecies to keep things to herself even if it was already too much. He wanted to be that guy who she could rely on, like before. With that, she looked up, a little interested with the bargain.

"What makes you say that I wanted to know?" Joohyeon said in a challenging voice.

Taehyung smirked. "Let me think," he said, tapping on his lips while Joohyeon raised an eyebrow. She felt her heart jumping to when suddenly, Taehyung leaned forward, leaving a very small distance between them. She felt herself freeze in her position, eyes widening in surprise as it stared at the other boy's eyes.

"W-What are you doing?" She said, finally finding her voice. Taehyung's lips curled upwards, sending her heart fluttering.

"Do you really want to know?" He asked, mainting the eye contact and she gulped. He leaned in closer to her ear and whispered, "You're blushing." He teased before leaning back and mischievously smiling.

Her eyes widened as she touched her cheeks. "Yah!" She said and Taehyung chuckled.

"You can actually be cute at times, huh?" He said, leaning back to the couch again, smirking.

"O-Of course! Did you just k-know that?" She stammered, mentally hitting herself from sounding the way she did. He only shrugged at her, still with the smirk on his lips. "What were you even doing? Ah! I knew it! You were lying when you said--"

"Nah-uh," he said, putting a finger to her lips and shaking his head. "It's not my style, princess," he said, stunning her once more with what he called her and did. He retracted his finger from her lips and looked away, feeling his own heart about to burst. 

"Whatever. I'm going back to sleep," she said, about to stand up only to be stopped by a grip on her wrist.

"Do you not want to really hear?" He said, hoping she would stay. It's so rare to have her alone without any of the boys and to have an actual conversation with her, even at the shopping district since all they did was bicker and tease each other, so he didn't want her to leave.

"W-What?" She said, looking at him with surprise, cheeks turning warm. He let go of her hand and smiled a little.

"If you don't want to say what's on your mind, then can you stay and just listen to me?" He said. 

Joohyeon doesn't know why her heart hadn't stopped beating fast and why she sat back down and gave in to him.


A/N:

Hi my lovely readers! How are you all doing? ^^ I know I said that there will be a meeting on this chapter but it just so happens that if I include that, this chapter would be too long with 6k+ words and I'm even limiting myself by doing that so to give you a better chapter, I just decided to cut it in half. The part 2 of this chapter is already being edited and hopefully, by later I'll be able to update it but if not, I hope you guys will be patient and wait for it. ^^

Thank you for all the new subscribers and those who are reading this! ^^