012

One More Day

Taehyung heard their doorbell ring and he grumbled under his breath before standing up from his bed and walking out his bedroom. He was getting well from the soup Seokjin made the day before and from the medicine Hoseok told him to take before leaving his house. The doorbell kept on going on and he got so annoyed with how noisy it was.

Wearing an annoyed expression, he opened the door only to be surprised to see Jungkook, shivering in the cold.

“What took you so long?!” He said as he walked past him, removing his shoes on the way. Taehyung just sighed, getting used with Jungkook doing that almost every time.

He went to the kitchen and poured him hot chocolate since Jungkook always had that when he comes over.

“Here,” he said, setting the mug in front of him and Jungkook grinned up at him. “Thanks.” Taehyung just nodded before staring down at him, wondering what came to Jungkook that he came even if they were not that all right.

Jungkook felt Taehyung’s gaze on him so he put the drink down after having warmed up. He removed his beanie and shrugged off from the snow and Taehyung’s eyes widened. “YAH! Not on the couch!” He said and he just smiled widely. “Clean it later.” Taehyung groaned.

“What made you come here in the first place?” Taehyung asked, knowing he couldn’t do anything about Jungkook’s naughtiness.

“Oh right. I have to tell you something,” he said with a small smile.

“Looks like it. Are you going to apologize?” Taehyung said with his eyebrow raised and he cheekily smiled.

“I did not really come for that but yeah. Sorry about it.” Jungkook grinned and Taehyung rolled his eyes sighing.

“Sincerity declined,” he said and Jungkook frowned.

“I’m sorry. I know I did wrong for raising my voice but I’m not sorry for what I said. I mean it.” He stuck his tongue out and Taehyung just smirked.

“I know. Alright, apology accepted. What is it you are going to say?” He asked, raising his eyebrows at him.

“Hyung… About Hyeoniee...” At the mention of the name, his breath was caught in his throat before he shook his head and started to walk away.

“Let’s just forget it.” Jungkook can’t believe what he just heard but he couldn’t just allow that. He stood up from his seat, grabbing Taehyung’s arm. “Kook… You’re just wasting your time.”

“Listen to me first!” Jungkook said and Taehyung was surprised at how Jungkook almost shout at him like he didn’t just apologize for raising his voice a minute ago. He turned to look at him and sighed. “Okay. I’m going to listen but don’t expect to get any approval from me.”

“I don’t care. I need you to listen to me,” Jungkook said determined to tell Taehyung whatever he wanted. “Joohyeon, I saw her the other day.” Taehyung’s heart skipped a beat but he tried to act indifferent and cocked an eyebrow at him.

“And what am I supposed to do?” Jungkook rolled his eyes.

“I’m not done!”

“Then?”

“I know I’m stupid but I didn’t know I dropped my phone.”

“Oh yeah you are.” Jungkook just ignored him and continued.

“And it happened that she was the one who saw it. I was already walking away when I felt a tap on my shoulder and when I turned, I saw her. I was really surprised that I just stared at her.”

A question suddenly appeared in his head but he didn’t ask it and just let him continue.

“And you won’t believe what I saw…” Jungkook stopped and Taehyung was growing anxious.

“What?” Jungkook grinned before saying, “I think there’s hope.”

Taehyung sighed shaking his head but before he could say anything, Jungkook said, “You don’t understand hyung. I think there’s hope. I think she wants to know.” Taehyung perked up at this.

“Know what?” He asked.

“I thought you don’t want to know so just forget it,” he smirked, mocking Taehyung. He turned and was about to walk away when Taehyung stopped him.

“Just tell me, damn it.” This made Jungkook smirk as he turned.

“But promise me you’ll think about it,” he said and Taehyung hesitated before he finally gave in and nodded. “I don’t make promises but alright. Tell me already, can’t you?” Jungkook was happy that Taehyung at least took interest and there’s more to hold on that moment.

“I think she saw my lockscreen but I’m really sure.---“

“What’s your lockscreen?”

“Joohyeon and I and you photobombing it?”

He hid the grin that was about to appear at the reminder of it before nodding. “Oh. Then?”

“When I looked at her eyes, I’m not too sure but if it was still Joohyeon from before then I am sure that I’m correct. Her eyes looked like she wanted to ask something, and there’s something more that I saw in her eyes…”

“What?”

Jungkook’s chest heaved up before he said, “Recognition.”

 

 

It was already late at night but Taehyung stayed wide awake in his room, playing with his stuff toy, doing a cycle of throwing it up and catching it. Even if he didn’t want to think about it, what Jungkook just told him can’t be removed from his mind.

He wet his lips before he got up from his bed. He grabbed his thick jacket, wore it and went to his drawer where an envelope was lying neatly and grabbed it before he quietly slipped out of his room.

When he successfully got out of their abode, he placed his hood up, folding his arms over his chest as he felt the cold breeze blow. He walked fast until he finally reached the playground that held many memories. He stared at the slides, monkey bar, roundabout, jungle gym, playhouse and finally the swing, in the middle of the large sandbox that looked more like a snow box because of its whiteness.

He sat on one of the swings and stared at his feet as he pushed himself on the ground. Jungkook’s words kept on repeating in his mind and even if he wanted to stop, he couldn’t.

“Hyung, think about it. There’s still hope. Please don’t give up now.” He remembered Jungkook say before he left.

He doesn’t know whether to get mad or not because when Jungkook told him all that, even if it looks like it was already impossible, a spark of hope ignited inside him. Jungkook knew Joohyeon longer than any of them did because they belong to the same circle so if Jungkook said that he had read Joohyeon that moment, he wouldn’t wonder why. They’re already like brother and sister when they all met Joohyeon, and their closeness was something he actually got jealous of.

He softly chuckled at the thought. He closed his eyes and let memories flow. He remembered their first meeting which was some sort of a disaster, their second, third, and the following days. It made him wonder how on earth he could remember it but he did and it made it clearer that he had taken interest in her the very first time.

He got out the small envelope he brought with him and opened it, rereading it again for the nth time.

Dear Tae,

                Uhm… Hi Kim Taehyung? Taehyung? Taehyungie? Tae? Ah, I like that better. ^^

                Well… First of all, I broke my own rule. T_T Kekekeke. I’m ready to accept my punishment if ever you found out about this.

                I wrote this letter because… I don’t have anything to do… Kidding. ^^ I’m here because I just wanted to write you a letter. I know we just had a fight and I’m sorry. Believe me when I said that I didn’t really choose Daehyun to be my partner. It was Ms. Shim who chose our partners. I tried to ask Ms. Shim to change partners but she wouldn’t allow me. I tried my best, I’m sorry. :( I don’t want to promise because I might not be able to do it but if I can avoid being around Daehyun, I would try my best but I hope you understand that Daehyun is still my friend and as my friend, I don’t want to hurt him if ever.

                AND! You don’t need to be jealous of him. He’s my friend and you’re my boyfriend, there’s large difference with that. I’m also in love with you and not with him, and I’ll continue doing so.

Joohyeon went on saying many other things from thanking him and telling stories which made the letter really long but Taehyung doesn’t even get tired of it. At the later end of the letter, Joohyeon wrote,

I hope by the time you read this, which would be when we both graduate and we open the box together (unless you break it too ^^,), we’re already okay and going stronger. We really wouldn’t know what the future holds but we hold ours and so we’ll be the one making it. I don’t know if you see me in your life ten, twenty, thirty or more years later but I do. But more than anything, I want us to be both happy, hopefully together.

I know we don’t often make promises but I hope we could keep this promise that no matter what happens, we would not give up on our relationship. That until there’s reason to hold on, we would not let go, we would continue fighting through anything together.

Just remember that I’ll just be here for you. Always. I might not be always physically there but you can count on me anytime if you need someone. Just kkt me or something, you know what to do. :D

Omo. I didn’t know I wrote this long already. I’m sorry >_<

I’ll end this now before you might get bored. ^^

Kim Taehyung, TaeTae, always smile and be happy alright? That’s what I always pray. Take care of yourself. Don’t get sick, got it? :D Study hard and do good. I’m sure that six to seven years from now, you’ll be a successful composer like how you wanted. Just remember that I’ll always be with you, supporting you. ^^

I love you Tae. Yesterday, today and forever will.

                                                                                                                                Love Hyeon.<3

He read the last line over and over until he remembered the promise Hyeon made.

“…that no matter what happens, we would not give up on our relationship. That until there’s a reason to hold on, we would not let go, we would continue fighting through anything together.”

He took a deep breath before looking up at Joohyeon’s window. “You’re right. We don’t make promises because we told each other that promises are just meant to be broken but Hyeon…”

He paused when he saw someone enter the park. He watched as the figure walked in and when he got a clearer look of who the person was with the help of the lamppost, a smile appeared on his lips. When their eyes met even if it was so dark for her to see, he smiled.

“…I’ll keep the promise and I’ll never let you go. Not now. Not ever.”

 

 

Joohyeon couldn’t sleep that night. She kept on rolling over her bed and after getting tired, she sat up on her bed. She let out a loud sigh before she opened her lamp. She couldn’t open her lights or else someone from their house might see that she was still awake.

She got off of her bed and peeked out of her window. From there, she saw the playground and a smile appeared on her lips before she quickly changed into her pants, slipped in to any of her t-shirts then wore her hoodie. She quietly sneaked out of her room then their house.

She made sure to have a key before locking the gates and crossing the street to the playground. Luckily there were lampposts around to light up the place so she was able to see her way. When she entered the park though, she saw somebody sitting on the swing.

She knew she should be afraid since the person was wearing a black hoodie but for some reason, she stayed on her spot and when their eyes made contact, his eyes were smiling. As she stared back, something stirred in her as something replayed in her mind making her shut her eyes.

A boy and a girl. It was blurry but she was sure.

The boy was tucking a stray hair behind her ear before smiling. The girl was shyly looking down when the boy tilted her head up and slowly leaned in and planted a kiss on her cheek.

When she opened her eyes, she found the swing empty. Her breathing was heavy as she looked around, founding no one, as if she just imagined everything. A cold breeze blew and she shivered, hugging herself.

“Who are you?” She croaked before even catching herself but the sound of a branch breaking answered her and when she looked up, her eyes widened in horror before she was pushed to the side. She winced in pain as she scraped herself on the snow-covered pavement but a voice made her forget about it as she looked up and saw a pair of eyes worriedly staring back at her.

“Are you okay?” The voice awfully sounded familiar but she couldn’t tell where she had heard it, and it got her feeling frustrated.

“I-I’m okay. Are you---“

“Joohyeon!” Both of them snapped out of their trance as they heard a voice call out and the said person released her after one more glance before speeding away. “Joohyeon? Are you okay?” Jae knelt beside her worriedly, supporting her and she nodded, her sight never leaving the guy until he had turned the corner.

“I’m alright,” she assured but Jae wasn’t convinced as he helped her up. He dusted her off, when he noticed the scratch on her knee.

“No you’re not. Doesn’t it hurt?” He asked as he knelt down to check the wound and that was only when she noticed it and felt the pain.

“A little but I’m fine,” she said as tried bending her knee but it left her flinching. Jae shook his head, sighing.

“What are you even doing out here? What if something more happened to you? Did that person hurt you?” He asked, his worry lines appearing on his forever, and Joohyeon shook her head, looking down.

“He saved me. I’m sorry I got you worried,” she said, feeling guilty and Jae just sighed. He could never get mad at her, no matter how stubborn she could get sometimes and get him worried.

“C’mon. Let’s go in before you catch a cold. Can you walk?” Jae asked and she nodded, pursing her lips together. Jae held her around her waist to support her. She looked back once and found a small blue envelope lying on top of the snow.

“Wait,” she said, trying to get out of Jae’s grasp before she limped back and bent down. She grabbed the envelope and stared at it before she heard Jae calling her and a shadow towering over her and she immediately put the envelope inside her jacket’s pocket before standing up.

“What were you looking at?”

“It’s nothing. Let’s go. I’m already feeling cold,” she said a small smile on her lips before they both quietly walked in the house hoping not to get caught. Jae helped her to go back in her room before leaving and returning with a first aid kit.

“You still haven’t answered my question. Why did you go out? You know it’s dangerous to be out that late, right?” Jae went on and on but she just stared out the window, gazing at the playground and wondering if that encounter meant anything at all. It felt so wrong to let that feeling eat her but she couldn't help it, especially if she could feel as if he was someone she really knew. 

Her hand slid down to her arm where a lingering feeling of the stranger’s touch remained that felt no foreign at all.

And it felt wrong but right at the same time and she wondered why.


A/N:

Annyeonnnnnngggggggggggg

How are you guys? :)

Well, a new chapter for today! What do you think? Do you remember the letter Taehyung just read? Yeah, that was the letter Joohyeon left before she 'died'. You can go back to chapter 2 if you don't remember. Uh-oh... Joohyeon got the letter though, what will happen? Kekeke Let's see

I know it's taking so long for them to meet again but please be patient with me. I'm doing my best.

I'll update as soon as possible. Please wait for it! :)

Thank you for reading! <3

 

This is just so funny and cute lololol