EPILOGUE II: I Love You Yesterday, Today, And Forever Will

One More Day

EPILOGUE II:

I Love You Yesterday, Today, And Forever Will

You’re my everything
Even if the difficult tomorrow comes
Hold my hand

I give it to you

~"OUTRO: Propose" BTS~


“Thank you. We’ll do our best.”

They shook hands before the men in business attires left the conference room. When the door closed, she was able to let out a sigh of relief. Another deal was closed and she was happy as it was something that could benefit their company a lot. She was sure her brother would be happy to know it.

“Congratulations, Vice President Kim,” her secretary greeted when they were finally left alone.

She smiled, “Thank you for your hard work as well, Ms. Jung.”

“I didn’t do anything, VP Kim. It was all your skills,” her secretary smiled.

She shook her head, a small smile on her lips. “Do I have another schedule after this?”

“Actually, VP Kim, I think you need to get home by now,” Ms. Jung said.

“Why? Is there an occasion?” She asked, checking her wrist watch and found that it was already past seven o’clock in the evening.

“Uhm… It’s actually your birthday today, VP Kim,” she said, smiling at her boss who forgot her own birthday.

“Oh, right!” Her eyes widened while Ms. Jung bit her bottom lip to stop from chuckling. She was so focused on closing the business deal that she forgot how people in their company greeted her upon her arrival that morning and gave her gifts. “Thank you for reminding me. I forgot because I’m too busy. I think I really should go home. Is the car ready?” She asked as she made her way to the door.

“Yes, VP Kim. I’ve gotten it all ready,” Ms. Jung said, following her out.

The employees still around bowed in greeting when they saw her and she smiled in return. When they reached the front doors, a familiar black car was parked and a man in his casual clothes leaned on it. She was surprised at the surprise visitor and looked at Ms. Jung who also didn’t know anything about it.

The man looked up and a broad smile came to his lips. Joohyeon walked towards him while Ms. Jung bowed.

“And who do we have here,” she said in a teasing tone and the man rolled his eyes.

“I’m the brother who’d do a favor of driving you home since it’s your birthday,” he replied, smirking.

Her lips turned up at a corner.

“Happy Birthday Joohyeon-ah,” he said, opening his arms wide for a hug.

“Thank you oppa,” she said, before moving from the hug.

“C’mon. I’m sure they’re waiting for you at home,” he said, grinning and she nodded, smiling. She also couldn’t wait to see them. He opened the door for her and she went in. He entered the car after and started the engine for driving away.

“Did the meeting end late?” Joonmyeon asked and she nodded.

“They pushed the meeting to six in the evening and I didn’t have a choice because we have to seal this already or the Board of Directors would rave,” she said and Joonmyeon chuckled.

“You’re right. But it’s your birthday. You should’ve taken a day off,” he said, stopping at a red light.

“It’s okay. I don’t want to be left at home anyway so it’s fine,” she said and Joonmyeon shrugged.

“I guess.”

“You got off early today, huh? How can a CEO get off earlier?” She said teasingly and Joonmyeon laughed.

“CEO perks.”

“Right,” she smirked. “Did Min-ah unnie know you’re picking me up?” She asked.

He nodded.

“You left her to care for MinJoo?” She asked, eyes slightly widened.

“It’s just for a few hours. I’ll just drop you off and I’ll go home immediately. Plus, it was she who insisted for me to pick you up,” Joonmyeon explained.

“Yah. Why does it sound like you’re forced?” Joohyeon pouted, her dongsaeng side coming out.

Joonmyeon chuckled, “Of course not. I also wanted to see you. You’ve been busy all day I didn’t get to even visit you in your room.”

“I guess you have a point,” she shrugged and Joonmyeon shook his head, a soft smile on his lips.

They reached the luxurious condominium complex in Gangnam and Joonmyeon pulled up in front of the entrance. Joohyeon unbuckled her seatbelt while Joonmyeon reached behind and grabbed a paper bag.

“Here,” he said, handing the baby blue paper bag to her. “It’s from us. Min Ah thought of it,” he said.

“You shouldn’t have bothered but please do tell unnie, thank you,” she said, smiling gratefully.

“What about me?” Joonmyeon frowned and she snickered.

“Thank you too, oppa. For the gift and for picking me up,” she said, smiling sincerely. He returned the smile and nodded. They both exit the car and Joonmyeon walked her to the entrance. “You should go up with me. I’m sure they’ll be happy to see you.”

“Nah. Min Ah would expect me to be home in an hour. I also can’t leave her with the kid alone,” he jokingly said and Joohyeon chuckled.

“You’re right,” she said, “Take care on your way home then. Please say hi for me too.”

Joonmyeon nodded, “I will. Tell them I said hi too. Jae as well. I haven’t talked to him in a while.” She nodded. They exchanged hugs again before Joonmyeon went in his car. “Happy Birthday again, princess,” he said, teasingly from the window and Joohyeon smirked. That 'nickname' of hers just never gets old, especially when her brother needs something to annoy her with. She waved at him as his car drove off.

She turned around when the car finally went back to the road and entered the key to the building. She walked in and rode the elevator up to her floor. She was excited as always since she knows there will be people waiting for her home. When she got on her floor, Mrs. Lee, who lived next door was just about to get on the elevator and they exchanged greetings.

There were just two doors at that level: hers and Mrs. Lee’s family. She went to the door at the end of the hall and keyed in the code. The door opened with a beep and with a broad smile, she went in. The lights in the foyer automatically went on.

“I’m home!” She shouted, announcing her arrival but only silence welcomed her. Her eyebrows furrowed. She removed her heels which, by the way, were already killing her feet, before walking further inside. “Where are they…” She mumbled as she switched the lights in the living room.

Her heart jumped when party poppers suddenly popped and confetti flew around.

“What…”

“Happy Birthday Eomma!”

“Happy Birthday Hyeon-ah!”

Ten years ago...

“Is everything ready?” He asked Seokjin who walked past him and the latter laughed at him.

“Relax, Taehyung. You wouldn’t want to stutter, would you?” Seokjin patted him on the shoulder.

“I know but I can’t help but be nervous. What if she says no?”

Seokjin raised an eyebrow at him. “Why would she even say no?”

“I don’t know. Just…What if she changes her mind and realized that I’m not for her—“

“Taehyung. Breathe in, breathe out.” He followed him as he said. “She won’t change her mind, okay. We all know how much she loves you. The same goes for you. You almost broke up before but it didn’t happen, right? You don’t have to worry about anything but to perform there without making a fool out of yourself.”

Taehyung inhaled all the air he could and then exhaled while nodding.

“Tae, Tae, Tae!”

Jimin came running to their direction, Namjoon and Yoongi in tow. It made his heart jump to his throat at their seemingly panicky voice.

“You almost gave me a heart attack!”

The three playfully grinned while Seokjin stifled his laughter.

Jimin slung his arm around Taehyung’s jittery figure, “I can’t believe you’re really doing it!”

“Don’t even mention it. My heart is about to burst,” he said in return, making the others laugh out loud. “Don’t tell me you went here just to say that?”

Namjoon shook his head, “Actually, no. We’re about to say that Hoseok has just sent us a message.”

His stomach made a flip.

“They said they’re really near. We think you should get yourself prepared and meet her at the entrance,” Yoongi continued after Namjoon.

Taehyung couldn’t even process anything anymore. His mind is too coped up with what he’s just about to do and the worry that it something might go wrong or, let’s cross fingers, she would say no.

He made sure everything would go as planned and nothing would go amiss. He prepared for this so much that it left him restless days for the past months. Taehyung scheduled it the same day he personally met her back in eighth grade. He has his reasons and he was sure she would also figure out why.

Before he planned all this though, he made a point to talk to all the people significant to her life and ask for their permission, and of course, blessing. From her family—Mr. and Mrs. Kim and Joonmyeon—to her eleven oppas who he had a hard time contacting due to their busy schedules but thankfully, he was able to do so. He also talked to his best friends and Haejin, knowing that he would also have to have their permission although he was sure they wouldn’t contest. It was a little testy with Haejin, like he went under interrogation, but in the end, the lady still gave her blessings. As surprising as it might be, he even met up with Youngjae, knowing that he still played a great part of Joohyeon life, and still is, and told him his plans although it went a little different from the rest.

Rather than asking Youngjae straight-out for permission, he went on saying that he, Youngjae, could be rest assured that he’ll be taking care of Joohyeon and will love her even in the next generation. He didn’t expect Youngjae to say yes immediately but he did, thankfully.

Now, all he needed is for Joohyeon’s answer and he’ll be ready to wait at the altar and take her in as his wife.

He excused himself from his friends then and went to the restroom. He checked himself in the mirror, making sure he looked decent. He wore a white button down shirt tucked in a slim-fit pair of slacks since he knew how Joohyeon loves seeing her in that kind of shirt. To finish it up, he left the first button of the shirt open. He styled his hair up like how she also likes it.

“She can’t say no, right?” He muttered to the person in the mirror. “This will be a success, right?” He clenched and unclenched his fist and nodded.

After making sure that he looked perfect, he took a measured breath and went out. His friends stood at the same place he left them and turned to look at him when he came. Jimin immediately grabbed his arm and pulled him away, saying that they’re only a three minutes away. The other three boys followed after them.

A minute after they stood outside at the entrance, they finally arrived. A black BMW car stopped in front of them and Jungkook stepped out from the passenger’s side followed by Hoseok at the driver’s side. It was an understatement to say that Taehyung is nervous because he felt edgy and tensed and anxious all at the same time. He exchanged eye contact with the two boys who gave him a grin.

The next door opened and out stepped Haejin who gave him a mischievous smile. There’s only one person left and Taehyung felt his palms getting sweaty. He wiped it on his pants as he looked past Haejin, and there, out came the girl he had been waiting for. She wore a knee-length flowy dress which surprised him because he didn’t expect her to wear a dress at all because, well, she hates it. He was sure that it was Haejin who forced her to wear it. Nevertheless, she looked stunning.

When their eyes met, he could see the uneasy smile on her lips which he returned with a reassuring smile as he approached her.

“I look weird, don’t I? Haejin forced me to wear this,” Joohyeon said, as she tugged on the hem of the dress. Taehyung took her hand that keeps on tugging the dress, making her look up at him in surprise.

“Although I would’ve usually teased you, you look undeniably stunning in this that I can’t. You don’t look weird at all,” he said, smiling handsomely.

Joohyeon felt all butterflies come alive at those simple words, her cheeks blushing. “Even if I would like teasing you, you look dashing yourself too,” she smiled, making him stifle a laugh.

“Of course. I always do, don’t I?” He winked and Joohyeon chuckled, playfully hitting him on the shoulder.

“Okay love birds~ Time is running and my stomach’s hungry,” Hoseok grinned, making the two look at them who have been watching them.

“Hoseok’s right. And I heard 4Men is performing tonight. I can’t miss it! Let’s go!” Haejin said moving to enter the restaurant. The six guys teased Haejin to be such a fangirl when she’s already in fact married earning a roll of the eyes from the girl and laughter from two stars of the night.

Taehyung held his arm out for Joohyeon who smiled and took it. Together, they walked in—one with a nervous heart and the other clueless of what the night and the man beside her hold for her.

 

Food were served to them a few minutes after they sat down, and as they enjoyed the delicious food, they exchanged stories as it had also been a while since they were able to gather together. The indie group sang in the background, giving the atmosphere and calming feeling.

As much as Taehyung liked to join in freely to their conversations, he was too conscious of the time ticking and how it’s so near to the time he’d been waiting all night for. Joohyeon had noticed his anxiousness a few times and asked him if he was alright and he tried to convince her that it was nothing. Joohyeon was skeptical but didn’t want to bother him more because he looked more anxious whenever she asked him.

The boys and Haejin would also give him meaningful gazes once in a while which he tried to dodge because it made him more nervous. He felt his heart jumping out of his chest when the signal was finally given for his long awaited moment.

“Good evening everyone. We hope you enjoyed our performances until now. Our next song is dedicated to a very good friend of ours, Taehyung and his beautiful girlfriend and all of you who are in love. If you guys don’t know, Mr. Kim Taehyung is behind many of the top charting songs for the past three years and he had helped us greatly over the years. He could get a little cranky because of work but we understand.” Laughter filled the place while Taehyung blushed but stifled laughter as well. “I hope you enjoy this song. It’s titled 'My Girlfriend.’”

The accompaniments started playing and not long after, it was joined by the beautiful voices of the duo. Joohyeon instinctively held Taehyung’s hand and Taehyung looked at her and smiled when their eyes meet.

“Did you know they prepared this?” Joohyeon whispered and Taehyung shook his head, not really knowing it as well. They listened until the end of the song and clapped their hands after.

“Before we conclude the night, we would like to invite that friend over to the stage to join us,” Won Joo said. Joohyeon looked at Taehyung who looked tensed all of a sudden.

“Tae, he’s calling you on stage,” she nudged him and stiffly Taehyung looked at her.

“He did, didn’t he?” He said, making Joohyoen look worriedly at him.

“Are you okay?” She asked and he nodded, smiling.

“Of course. It’ll be okay, right?” He asked and although Joohyeon didn’t understand what he meant, she just nodded, smiling reassuringly.

“It’ll be okay, whatever it is,” she smiled. “You’re not pertaining on standing on stage, right?” She asked in a joking manner since Taehyung is a confident man, it’s rare to see him jittery when asked to stand on stage.

Taehyung returned a smile, feeling a little relaxed with her words. Nodding, he stood up, squeezing her hand before letting her go. The people watched him as he went up to the stage while his friends cheered for him.

When he reached the stage, the two men greeted him and they exchanged a few words before he was handed a microphone.

He never felt this nervous in his entire life to the point that he already feels nauseated. He clenched and unclenched his fist, a habit, as he smiled at the people.

“Good evening,” he began, looking around the faces, “First of all, I want to take my friends here for the beautiful song.” He looked at the duo and nodded with a smile. As he faced the people again, he let out an uneasy smile. “I’m sorry if I look a little jittery but I hope you don’t get a wrong impression of me.”

There were soft chuckles from the crowd and he grimaced.

“As Won Joo said, I’m Kim Taehyung and rather than introducing myself as a producer, I would like to introduce as any ordinary man in love, and also, rather than talking about myself, there’s someone I would like for you all to know. I’m sorry if I seem like I’m wasting your time but I hope you’ll stay and listen.”

He could already hear his heart pounding in his ears as he took a deep breath and look at the direction of the person he was talking about. She looked confused as well and he could tell that she was asking him what he was doing. He just gave her an assuring smile and a small nod. He paused for a while, taking all the courage he could. This is a very important day for him and he didn’t want anything to go wrong just because he was nervous.

“I’m sure everyone of you knows the saying ‘First impressions last.’”

The audience nodded.

“Well, there was this girl I met back in eighth grade, on this same day, and being that kid who loves getting into people’s nerve and she, who hates annoying people, I surely made the worst impression on her.”

There was laughter around while Joohyeon watched on with blush on her cheeks.

“Maybe fate had already set for us to have that meeting and the countless of times after. Even if we started of being ‘enemies’, having opposite preferences and personalities and we always bicker and tease each other all the time, I guess fate has just its own way of playing with us. Who would’ve thought that I will fall for the girl I call my enemy?

“Knowing that I’ve really ruined my reputation on her made it all the more hard to tell her. Due to some circumstances, we’ve started to mend some misunderstandings and grew a little closer but somehow, rather than thinking that it’ll be easier to confess now that she knows me better, it became a little bit harder because questions like, ‘What if she won’t like me?’ and ‘What if our friendship gets broken because of it?’ replaced the earlier problems. It was even harder because there were a lot of boys who are chasing after her.”

Joohyeon’s heart was beating fast, hearing those words from him for the first time. Her eyes glued on him and even if he tried to hide it, she could see how nervous he was, and she too was also getting nervous, not knowing why Taehyung is suddenly doing this. She can’t remember any occasion for that day and if Taehyung was actually celebrating their first official meeting, like he is talking about, then it’s odd since they never really celebrate it.

What he is up to is seriously making her stomach flip and her heart to beat in her ears.

“So rather than confessing to her straight-out right away, I tried to see if there was a possibility for us to happen. I stuck to her every time I get a chance and would ask her friends if she likes someone. Since we have common friends, it was easier to ask. So when our friends prompted me to already confess before anybody steals, I took the bait and go for it. I just kept it in mind that I’ll regret it more if I didn’t have a chance to tell her.

“After that was like a cat and mouse chase. Whenever I see her, she would be running away and avoid me. She even avoided our lunch table. I thought then that she might already hate me. Well, that is what I thought until one day, our friends made some plan and I overheard her admitting to one of our friends that she does like me. I can’t be more than happy.”

Joohyeon could clearly remember that event and whenever she does, it would always plaster a smile on her face.

“I guess you could already tell what happened next.”

He winked and the people laughed while Joohyeon’s face turned bright red. She hoped they weren’t getting any wrong ideas because of Taehyung’s suggestive wink. The boy looked at her and she arched her eyebrows which he grinned at.

“Many happened after that. Because of my immaturity, we got separated for years and when she came back, every single thing we’ve shared has been erased from her memory. It really broke my heart but I knew that it might just be a payment for my wrongdoings.”

There were gasps from the crowd while Joohyeon bit her lips, tears building up on the rims of her eyes. Taehhyung looked at her and gave her a reassuring smile and she tried to smile back.

“But it didn’t stop me from pursuing her and I did everything for her to remember me. A few months later after she came back, she left again and I thought, ‘Ahhh it’s really the end. I should move on’ and I tried, doing hasty actions I thought would help but when she returned years later, I knew it was in vain—I could never love anybody else other than her.

“Now, thank god, she’s with me right now and even if the path wasn’t always smooth, we’re still enduring everything together. I actually always wonder what I’ve done in my past life to deserve such a girl but I didn’t want to question so much because they might think I don’t like it and take her from me,” he said, earning a coos from the audience.

“Like every man’s dream, I hope you’ll accept my heart.”

Before she knew it, tears were already falling from her eyes. The band started playing as he placed the microphone to his lips. His deep and velvety voice then filled the restaurant as he sang his heart out while training his eyes on her, taking one step at a time.

I give it to you
Although it was a bit awkward, I want to give it all to you
I give it to you
To me, who sometimes cries and laughs, it’s only you
For you

The moment I first saw you
With
long hair and a pretty school uniform
I only remember that image
You can’t go anywhere
You have to only look at me too

I don’t know why my heart is like this
I only think of you always
I’ll become a rhythm and a song
And sing it for you

(Good to you)
I only have you
(Good to you)
Even if I’m far away
Always stay by my side
(Good to you)
You’re my everything
Even if the difficult tomorrow comes
Hold my hand

I give it to you
Although it was a bit awkward, I want to give it all to you
I give it to you
To me, who sometimes cries and laughs, it’s only you
For you
(Good to you)
(Good to you)

Good to you” (Propose by BTS)

When the song finished, he was already standing before her, and Joohyeon held her hand to her lips as she stared at him who kneeled before her.

Taehyung placed the microphone down and then he took a small blue velvet box from his pocket. his lips, he took a deep breath and looked up at her.

“I surprised you, didn’t I?” He asked, a smile on his lips and Joohyeon nodded, tears still cascading down her cheeks. “I know it might be a little sudden but you know that I’ve always waited for this moment, right? I know I’m not the perfect man and I cannot promise that I’ll never make you cry because I will never know the future, but Hyeon, Kim Joohyeon, there’s one thing I could promise you: I’ll do everything in my power to make you happy—make our family happy. So I’m kneeling here before you to ask you this one question: Will you take me as your husband and live the rest of your life with me?”

Their seven friends watched them with hopeful gazes. They’ve seen the two in their best and worst and they know what they had to go through before they finally came to this moment. They all want them to be happy because they know they deserve it. And they know they’ll achieve it together.

The people watched the romantic proposal happening before their eyes with excitement as they chanted “Say yes” over and over.

Joohyeon stared at the boy before her, tracing his features as memories played in her mind. Honestly, as much as he’d waited for it, she too was looking forward for this moment because she had already made up her mind years ago and there’s only one answer that would always come to her mind whenever she imagined this moment:

“Yes, I’ll live with you for the rest of my life.”

“Saeng-il chukhahamnida, saeng-il chukhahamnida, saranghaneun Eomma/Hyeon-ah, saeng-il chukhahamnida!”

Two little boys walked to her while holding a strawberry cake in their hands with candles lit up while a girl at the age of eight approached her with a wrapped gift, and there, behind them is their father and the man she promised to live her life with.

“Eomma, saeng-il chukhahae!” The three kids greeted loudly.

“Blow the candles, eomma!” The oldest of the two boys said excitedly.

“You should wish first, eomma!” The second boy said.

Joohyeon looked at the now grown man who smiled at her affectionately. She smiled back before bending down to blow the candles. The two little boys cheered loudly while the eldest of the three, the girl, came up to her and gave her the gift.

“Open it, eomma! We made it with appa!” She said excitedly.

“Really? Let’s see what this is,” she said with a smile as she took the gift. She opened the slightly messy wrapped gift, as expected, and there she saw a printed white shirt. She lifted up the t-shirt and spread it before her.

There were handprints on it that was obviously the kids’ and his. The names: Joo Ah, TaeJoo, TaeHyeon and appa, and eomma were written, separated by a heart. It looked slightly messy since it was the kids who obviously drew it but nevertheless, she felt so happy and overwhelmed.

“Happy Birthday,” a voice greeted and she looked up to see her husband of more than a decade, holding out a bouquet of flowers to her, a loving smile on his lips. She smiled back and accepted it. He hugged her and she embraced him back.

“GROUP HUG!” Joo Ah shouted and the two little boys ran and hugged their parents at their thighs since it was all they could still reach while Joo Ah at their waist. Joohyeon and Taehyung looked at each other and chuckled.

It’s been years since that proposal and the day they exchanged their vows in front of all the important people in their lives. Now, a lot of their friends had also married and have their families. It proved how long it has been since that day their lives got tangled together in a knot. Many had happened: they went out on dates, fought, and make-up. They went out with their friends once in a while, gathering their children together.

It’s how they always wanted things to be.

They’ve already lost count of the years that went by and before she knew it, she’s already celebrating her thirty-eighth birthday. She’s the vice president of their company and Taehyung is one of the respected producers in the music industry. They already have three children—Joo Ah and the adorable twins, Taejoo and TaeHyeon—that makes their relationship stronger than ever.

It wasn't a smooth road but with Taehyung, their three children, her family, and friends, she couldn't ask for more.

 

It was already ten in the evening when the kids had finally drained all their energy and fell asleep. Taehyung and Joohyeon tucked them in their beds and gave them each a kiss on the cheek before going to their own room.

Joohyeon washed up and changed to more comfortable clothes. After, she walked out of their walk-in closet and was surprised by a pair of firm and strong arms embracing her behind, followed by a soft kiss at her temple. A soft gasp escaped from her lips.

“Tae! The kids might wake up!”

“Then should we go out?” Taehyung whispered to her ears, sending chills down her spine.

“We can’t leave the kids alone, you know that,” she answered, turning from her position to face her husband.

Taehyung pursed his lips, “We’ll keep it down, I promise.”

Joohyeon playfully rolled her eyes, “You can never keep it down, Tae.”

Taehyung grinned, “Then let’s go out. We could ask my mom to look over the kids for tonight.”

“It’s already late. How can you let eommonim go here?”

Taehyung frowned before letting her go. “Never mind. Just say you don’t want to—“

“Tae…”

“—I just really missed you because you’ve been so busy with work but it seemed like you didn’t.”

Joohyeon sighed, knowing the man was just trying to guilt-trip her. She followed him to the bed where he sat down. She hugged him around the shoulders, her chin on his shoulder.

“You know it’s not like that.”

“But it doesn’t seem so,” he replied grumpily.

“Tae…”

“Then prove that I’m wrong,” he said, and with his fast movements, she found herself trapped under him.

It’s still a mystery to her how his gaze would still give her the same feeling and for her heart to react the same. Maybe it’s what true love meant, just maybe.

They stared at each other for who knows how long before Taehyung leaned down and planted her a soft and gentle kiss on her lips.

“Just one?” He whispered and Joohyeon sighed, knowing she’ll never win against Taehyung at things like this. He grinned.

He leaned to her for another kiss when Joohyeon placed a finger to his lips, stopping him.

“If the kids wake up and TaeJoo and TaeHyeon cries, it’ll be your fault, okay?”

Taehyung shrugged, a smirk on his lips, before capturing her lips with his, giving her gentle and passionate kisses that she knew wouldn’t last long before he turned a little more ‘rough.’

They don’t how many minutes had passed by before they found themselves cuddling together under their blanket, Joohyeon with her head on his arm as she embraced him, feeling his warmth and Taehyung with his other arm around her, keeping her closer as he settled his head above hers.

“Thank you,” Taehyung said, eyes closed.

“For?” She asked, sleep in her voice.

“For coming into my life and making me happy. For loving me despite me being annoying when we were young. For being alive and coming back. For remembering me. For saying yes. For giving me Joo Ah, TaeJoo and TaeHyeon… For everything, thank you,” he said, a smile on his lips.

“Thank you for everything too. I wouldn’t be where I am if not for you and I wouldn’t be living a happy life with three beautiful kids and a loving husband if it weren’t for you,” she said, her eyes slowly fluttering close.

“You’re right,” he said jokingly, earning a gentle smack from Joohyeon. He chuckled. “We didn’t wake up the kids.”

“Luckily.”

"Do you remember the time capsule we burried before?"

"I do. Why?"

"I think I know where it is." 

This woke Joohyeon up while Taehyung smirked knowing he caught her.

"Where?"

"With you. You went to the school before the garden was renovated, didn't you?"

"...Kinda."

"You naughty girl. You owe me for it then. I thought I totally lost it. Did you read it?"

"I've read it," she said, "But you also opened it didn't you? Then I don't owe you anything anymore." 

He smirked, knowing if he argue with her more about it, it'll just lead to nothing.

“I love you Joohyeon.”

“I love you too.”

“Joohyeon?"

"Hmmm?"

"I love you yesterday.”

A small smile came to her lips.

“Today.”

“And forever will.”

The End.


A/N:

THE END! 

A year and four months and we've finally come to an end. I'm feeling nostalgic right now. /cries

I hope this last chapter was good enough. I really had quite a hard time putting the epilogue together. I hope you still like it though.

Since this is the final chapter, let me take the time to thank every single one of you for staying with me until the very end. Thank you for baring with my slow updates. I'm always thankful for the support you give me. I appreciate every press of the subscribe, upvote, and every comment. It's what keep me going with this fanfic aside from my love for our dear boys.

The success of this fanfic wouldn't be possible for you readers. Thank you!

As this story end, I'm beginning another fanfic, titled "Ms. Perfect Meets Mr. Optimist". It features Park Chanyeol and OC. Other EXO members would also appear and GOT7. ;) I hope you'll support it too! 

'Til now, thank you my lovely readers! ^^