04

One More Day

3 years later...

She just came from her university, hurrying as she received a message from her parents saying they were home. She even had Jae hurry up for her. Once she reached home, her parents sat in the living room having a coffee time. 

"Appa! Omma!" She said and her parents welcomed her with hugs and kisses.

"Aigoo, my daughter is all grown up now," her father said, patting her at the back as they hugged each other. "But my height didn't much change, right?" She said and her dad nodded, making them both chuckle.

"So how's is my beautiful daughter doing?" Her mom said, tucking her hair behind her ears. "I'm doing well, omma. How about you and appa? Did you get a time off of work? That's great!" She smiled and her parents nodded, smiling back. It was just then that she noticed another person and she slightly bowed, seeing she looked like somewhat a Korean too. The middle-aged woman who looks young smiled back at her with a short bow.

"Oh, right. Honey, meet Mrs. Kang, she'll be the one arranging your birthday." Her mom said and her eyes darted to her mother in surprise. "Birthday? What birthday?" She asked.

"Did you already forget? Aigoo, are you studying so much you forgot about your birthday?" Her dad said and she shook her head. "Ani. Just that I didn't plan on celebrating it by throwing an actual party." She reasoned out and her mom shook her head.

"C'mon. Sit with us." Her mother led her to the couch before they all sat down. She saw the papers stacked on the table and she took a peek on the uppermost paper and on it written was "Party Themes". "Your father and I talked about this for quite some time now and we agreed that since you are turning twenty, we should throw some sort of party since it marks that you're off legal age already." Her mother smiled and she was still trying to process everything. That was how basically that meeting went.

She sat inside their living room. Her parents sat opposite from her, waiting for her decision.Her birthday was just a few months away, also the reason why her parents came. It was even a surprise that her parents got a time off of their work and go visit them in another country.

But she certainly didn't want to spend that time sitting in front of them, trying to choose whatever for her birthday. She imagined that meeting with them going out, visiting some landmarks, then maybe they could go to an amusement or maybe they could go around the mall and shop, and not a party planning. She sighed inwardly. She had to choose already what theme she would use for her party and she sure was having a hard time. She puffed her cheeks, looking at her parents who sat opposite from her. 

"So what do you prefer dear?" Her mom asked, smiling. 

"Uh..." She murmured looking back to the papers set in front of her. "Well... Do I really have to---"

"Of course my little girl. It's your birthday and it's important because you're already turning 20," her father explained.

She sighed. She really didn't have plans on throwing a birthday party that year like the past few years but it's just so unfortunate that her parents wanted to celebrate it extravangantly and saying 'no' is not an option. Even her brother cannot do anything about it.

She stared at the choices given to her before pointing at the simplest but eye-catching theme for her. After that, further discussions were made.

She sat there, getting bored as minutes go by until her phone rang, making her whisper a soft thanks to whoever called. She excused herself before going out to their backyard, feeling the fresh air hit her face.

She checked who the caller was and found an unknown number before pressing the phone to her ear. "Hello?" She answered.

"Hey. Guess who?" She didn't have to think so much because she would recognize the voice anywhere, even if the person tried to change his voice.

"OPPA?!" She beamed, getting really excited. "Why are you talking like that? It's so funny!" She said, giggling. 

"What? Yah, you're making fun of me, Kim Joohyeon," the person over the line said. She pictured the said guy pouting and she giggled. She was surprised though when she heard the voice clearer, as if the person was actually there but she just shrugged it off, thinking that it's way impossible that her oppa came to visit because he was so busy.

"I'm just joking. You know I'll recognize you anywhere," she said smiling.

"AND WHERE IS MY BIGGEST FAN?!" She jumped in her position, surprised with the loud voice. For a moment, he heard her oppa say, "Oh geez" before she spun around. Her eyes rounded in utter surprise and before she knew it, she was tearing up.

"OPPAS!" She shouted.

 

 

It was getting late in the night but for the seven lads, the night couldn't get any younger. Dribbling and shooting, they went against five other guys they weren't really familiar with. It was an intense game. Large beads of sweat were trickling down their faces.

"Taehyung, catch!" Jimin shouted, passing the ball from the other side of the court to the other with Taehyung catching it swiftly before shooting it to the ring. For a second the ball travelled the circumference of the ring, making them hold their breaths and when it went in, they woke up the little insects nearby when shouted.

"Woohoo! We won!" Hoseok shouted, pumping his fist up.

They shook hands with the other team, exchanging a few words before the five guys left. Hoseok threw them their water bottles as he was just at bench, watching for the second half of the game.

"Oh yeah. This calls for a round of goodies~" Jungkook said, after chugging down his water. The others smirked at this.

"Are guys up for some..." Yoongi began and the four underaged guys looked at him but before he could continue, Seokjin continued, "...ice cream?" He grinned and Yoongi snorted. 

"We know you're old, hyung," Namjoon said, smirking.

"Whatever Nam," he said.

"Okay~ Enough of that. I'm really craving for ice cream already," Taehyung said, grinning at them. The others stared at him with soft smiles.

It had been not too long ago since they got the old Taehyung back, even if sometimes he would still be in his own world, thinking of, of course, only one person. They got used to that and they weren't forcing Taehyung to actually forget about her because they knew all too well that she was his first love and probably the last but they were just afraid that Taehyung would live alone for the rest of his life because of that. Right that moment, they were just glad Taehyung had finally cracked a smile, went out of his dull room, and was with them in the rest of their journey.

"What are you guys staring at? Are you falling for me already?" Taehyung smirked and the guys made a disgusting face.

"No way on earth are we choosing you even if some miracle happened and we all turned girls except for you. Just no," Jimin said and they went for a laughing fit.

"Let's go then. Can't let 4D hyung wait~" Jungkook teased putting an arm around him, earning a scowl from Taehyung. 

Constant teasing. Jokes. Bro code. And well, ice creams.

Some things just never change.

 

 

"What brought you guys here?" Joonmyeon asked as they all settled at the backyard.

"Well, do we have to have a reason? And please Kim Joonmyeon, it's not because of you," Kris said, smirking. Joonmyeon sneered at him.

"How are you, princess?" Minseok asked with a smile that she surely missed.

"I'm doing good." She smiled and the eleven guys were sure relieved to know that.

"I'm curious," Tao said and she looked over to him. "What is it, Tao oppa?" She asked. "Are there...you know...little faggots..." Her eyebrows narrowed at him. The others softly laughed at this.

"He meant, are there boys trying to woo you?" Jongin said.

"Ahh... Well..." She said, thinking of actually how to tell them that there are quite some. 

"Well what?" Sehun asked. She felt like on the hot seat and she puffed her cheeks.

"It's not important." She waved her hand.

"In fact, it is," Luhan said, nodding and she pouted. Right then, one of the maids came and bowed. They stopped from their conversation.

"Excuse me someone is here for Miss." She was then asked to let the person in.

The other eleven guys perked up at this. They waited for the person to go in and when the person did, Joohyeon puffed her cheeks seeing their reactions.

The said person was surprised seeing so many guys inside the living room but seeing they all looked Koreans, he bowed as a courtesy. The guys all turned to Joonmyeon and he just shrugged with a sly smile. The guy shifted his look to her and she grinned, standing up, going forward to meet her.

"Oh, oppas, meet my best friend." With just that, the eleven guys knew it was different from what was real, or at least, what was to come because best friend's between a guy and girl, chances are not even big.

 

 

She sat there, listening to her oppas interrogate Jae as he just answered diligently and looking at it, they look like they were getting along, especially with teasing her.

"Jae, another word and you'll regret it," she muttered under her breath and Jae seemed to enjoy seeing her like that and continued and she just sighed out loud. 

After like an hour or so, they weren't able to notice it already, the sun was about to set and her parents already invited them all to join them for dinner which they accepted, because it was hard to say no to food.

Once they were all settled on the long table at the dining area, with Youngjae sitting just beside her, it was so noisy. Well what would you expect with fifteen people at the dining table and to mention that mostly are guys? There will be no quiet moment. Once the food was served, they began to fill up their plates. Her parents requested a meal mixed with Korean, Chinese and western foods and so the table was so filled.

Eyeing the same food, they both forked in and the other people around the table noticed it, smiling and smirking at the same time but some particular guys were worried. They looked at each other and Jae immediately pulled his fork away.

"You go first," he said and Joohyeon secretly grinned nodding. He kind of got what she was grinning at but they knew they couldn't just bicker again around the table with that number of people watching them.

"You two look really close, huh?" Yixing pointed out and both of them looked up from their food at the same time.

"Huh?" They said at the same time too and the people around the table softly laughed at them.

"They sure are," Kyungsoo said making the others laugh while the two turn beet red.

"I wouldn't really doubt if they get close. They've been together for three years," her father said and Joohyeon just nodded.

"I guess so. I've been around this brat for so long. I don't even know how I was able to stand it," she said, mocking Jae's words earlier and Jae turned to her, trying not to glare while Joohyeon smiled widely at him. He just looked away. "It's more like the other way around." He commented.

"No way!" And they started bickering again as the other people around the table watched them in interest. Feeling the looks towards them, they cleared their throat and apologized for their actions.

"It's okay. We understand how you two are just so close," Chanyeol said grinning and they just felt like shrinking down as the others laughed at them.

The dinner finished in no time and after another half hour, the eleven guys had to leave because their flight was scheduled early the next morning. With tearful eyes, Joohyeon gave each of them a hug.

"I'm going to miss you, oppa," she said as she hugged Jongin and Jongin smiled. "Don't worry. We'll sure meet soon." She smiled back nodding.

"Hey baby girl," Baekhyun called and she turned, grinning widely at him. "Can I get a hug from my number one fan?" He said and she stuck her tongue out but still hugged him. "Aigoo. You're growing fast, I mean, not the height, you know," he said, with a mischievous smile.

"You're so mean." He just giggled at her. "I'm just joking. Anyway, I think I need to distance myself a little before your guy burn holes at my back," Baekhyun winked while Joohyeon stared at him clueless. She turned around and saw Jae looking there way before he looked away. She laughed. "No way oppa. He's my best friend." She said and Baekhyun shrugged. "If you say so. We'll see each other soon, okay?" He said and for the last time they hugged each other before she received a tap on her shoulder.

She turned and saw Luhan smiling at her. "Hi little girl," he smiled and she frowned. "Aren't you growing tired of that name, oppa?" She said and he shook her head. "No and not ever." This made her chuckle before Luhan opened his arms wide and they hugged each other tightly. "Wah, I missed you so much!" Luhan said and Joohyeon nodded against his sturdy chest. "Me too." She said before they moved away.

"Didn't think you'll admit it. Time does sure change a person," he teased, nodding and she pouted at him. "Why are you all teasing me today?" Luhan grinned, ruffling her hair. "It's because we missed you and we hadn't seen each other for a long time," he said and she sighed, softly smiling. "When am I going to see you again?" She asked and Luhan looked up, thinking. "Soon? Yeah, soon." He smiled and she returned the same nodding. "I was thinking of visiting there but Joonmyeoni oppa won't allow me. Well, university stuff is getting a lot of my time." She frowned and Luhan pulled her lips up. "That's part of growing up. And since we're at it, advance happy birthday, little girl," he said planting a soft kiss on her forehead.

"So advanced huh. It's still two months away but, thank you, oppa," she said, smiling up at him.

"Okay. We have to go!" Kris announced and they exchanged smiles for one last time. Luhan leaned in to her ear, "I think that Jae guy is okay." He leaned back and winked and she felt like all heat rise up to her cheeks.

"Oppa!" She said and Luhan just grinned. "Right, right?" He said, nudging Minseok who stood near them. He turned and Luhan nodded to the direction of Jae who stood at the side as the other guys talked to him and Minseok made an 'o', softly laughing. "I think so. Whoever our princess would prefer. I trust her with whoever the guy she likes," he said, smiling and she just sighed, softly smiling.

The eleven guys then gathered in their cars. They waved each other good byes for one last time, saying promises of visiting and seeing each other again soon. She wondered when that soon was although she was hoping it was really really near because they only had a little time that day. They said they just came because Kris had a business meeting and invited them even if it was just for a day. When all the cars had left the drive way and was out of her sight, she turned and almost bumped into Jae.

"Hey, you surprised me. What are you doing standing so near?" She asked as she took a step back.

"You have quite a lot of brothers, huh?" He said nodding to the direction of where the cars went off. She smiled, nodding. "Yup. I'm lucky for having them. I've known them almost all my life." She shrugged and he nodded. "I see."

"Actually, you owe me." She narrowed her eyes on him and he raised an eyebrow. 

"I owe you? When?" He said pointing to himself and she snickered. "You kept on teasing me a while ago," she said.

"Hey, kiddos, go in soon, okay?" Joonmyeon reminded before he went in. The two just nodded before going back to what they were talking about.

"Well, you also teased me back at the dinner table. We're even." He shrugged.

"Whatever. By the way, why did come by?" She asked. She had been curious since the time he came but they didn't have much time since her oppas were around. 

"Oh right. Here. You left it," he said grabbing from inside his leather jacket a notebook. "I guessed you will be needing this. You left it in the car."

"Ah! My reminders. Thanks." She smiled, something stirred in him. It was as if time stopped as she showed him her dazzling smile, that seemed to brighten up the night sky and put the stars to shame. It made his heart go fast, it made somewhat hard to breathe. He snapped out of his gaze when Joohyeon snapped her fingers in front of his face. "Are you still there? Why staring like that at me?" She said, her eyebrows up.

"H-Huh? What are you saying? I'm not staring at you," he said, feeling heat rise to his cheeks. She just shrugged. "You're acting strange, you know?" She said as she poked his cheeks and his heart jumped, making him move away. 

"I'm not. You're the one who's weird. I'm gonna go. I'll just...see you tomorrow. Bye," he said as he turned, trying to calm his heart. 

"Okay. Bye. Night," she said. She watched him walk away to his house before shrugging. "What's up with him? Aigoo. One moment he's nice then cold." She shook her head, sighing. "Well, he's Jae." She spun on her heels and went in.

 

 

The next following days went normal for her, except for the fact that she had to go to a taylor to get her dresses ready. She wasn't really much of a fan of dresses but most importantly, heels. That weekend, she was so busy with all the preparations since her parents had to go back to Korea for their business. It had been really hectic that as soon as she came back to university that Monday, she invited Jae and Minzy out for a breather.

"Please? We haven't been meeting often," she said as she spoke over the phone with Minzy while Jae walked beside her. "But I am," he muttered and Joohyeon elbowed him on the stomach which to mention was hard. "Oww, yah! Do you have a metal on your elbow?" He said wincing in pain. Joohyeon just stuck her tongue out, still talking to Minzy. "Really? Okay! Great. At the usual resto? Alright. See you," she said with a smile before ending the call.

"So what did she say?" Jae asked, still holding the side Joohyeon hit and she frowned. "Did it really hurt bad?" She asked and softly pressed on the area and Jae felt electricity ran down his spine. "Yah... What do you think are you doing?" He said stepping back and she snickered. "You're a bad liar." Jae's jaw dropped. "What? I wasn't lying! You hit like..." He stopped, his lips quivering and Joohyeon raised an eyebrow at him. "...whatever. Are you meeting with Minzy tonight?" He asked, and Joohyeon gave him a speculating look before smiling.

"Yup. At the usual resto. And it's not only us, right?" She showed him a mischievous smile and Jae looked away. "Not working." He started walking away. "Oh c'mon. Don't be a party pooper! This is only sometimes!" 

"Yeah. I know but I'm tired." He waved her off and she bit her lower lip. "Okay. Don't want to ruin your rest," she said sighing. She wasn't that clingy and so much of a persuasive person. She also knows how to respect other's decision. Jae stopped in his tracks and turned to her, who walked past him. "Did she just..."

"What are you still standing there? Let's go!" She called and Jae sighed out loud. 

"Damn. If only..." A soft smile appeared on his lips as he shook his head in disbelief as he caught up with her. "What's happening to you, Jae?"

In a matter of a few minutes, they were already on their way home.


A/N:

ANNYEONG!!!

How's everyone doing? Good? Great! :)

So I came back for another chapter. Ahahaha. I haven't done this fast updates for a long time. Kkaepsong~

I might come back for an update every two days or so but rest assured not a week, unless something comes up. :3

Sorry for the lack of Bangtan scenes for this chapter. I promise you that they'll soon appear. :)

Thank you for your support! I wouldn't be able to go this far without you guys. ^^

OH OH OH HAVE YOU WATCHED EXO'S TEASERS YET?! YEHET! THEY LOOK SO HANDSOME ASDFGHJKL And I think the song is catchy, I was somehow thankful I don't understand the lyrics 'cause /cough/ rated /cough/ AHAHAHA