011

One More Day

The sun was long up when she heard a knock on her door, waking her up from her slumber. She rolled over her bed, facing the other side. When the knocking sound stopped, she was relieved and was about to go back sleep when she felt someone tugging on her blanket.

She groaned, kicking away whoever was pulling her blanket but the person stopped only to feel weight on the other side of her bed. When it seemed not to bother her, she just ignored it and went back to sleep.

She woke up afterwards, opening her eyes a little to see a blurry figure of a person staring back at her, lying beside her. She rubbed her eyes to get a clearer look and the smirking face of Jae made her eyes wide and in surprise, she had pushed him off of the bed, making a loud thud.

“Oww…” He winced, hitting the floor hard. Joohyeon peeked down and grinned. “Sorry.” He sighed, sitting up. His hair had been messed up from lying down on the bed for more than an hour since he couldn’t get up when Joohyeon suddenly put an arm over him, but Joohyeon found it amusing, placing a smirk on her lips. Jae noticed it and raised an eyebrow at her.

“You just hugged me to sleep, pushed me off of your bed, hurt me and then you’re smirking at me? Are you sure I'm not dreaming that you are my girlfriend?” Joohyeon pinked at what Jae said about her hugging him but more than it was the new branding but she just smiled mischievously. By now, Jae is already used with Joohyeon hugging him because she had done it before whenever they were in an outing and they were to share a bed or a tent since their friends love to tease them most of the time.

“Well, maybe that was only a dream?” Joohyeon teased, scooting on the other side of her bed and Jae smirked at her as he stood up and stared down at her.

“Oh really? If I do this…” Jae leaned down on her, planting both of his hand at either side of her, making her lean back, her eyes tightly closed in surprise. Jae stared at her, a smile playing on his lips. His eyes landed on her lips but held himself back. Even though he had the chance right then and there, he wouldn’t take it because he respected her and when she’s ready, then that’s when he’ll seal her lips with his. Few seconds later, she opened one of her eyes and saw him standing by her window, drawing the curtains apart. “You need to get ready and eat lunch.” He turned to her with a playful smirk and she jutted her lower lip and she doesn’t even know why she was upset but at the same time relieved. It was stupid but true.

“I’m not hungry,” she said standing up from her bed and walking to her bathroom to freshen up. Jae sighed and followed her but stopped by the doorway.

“Even so. You need to eat on time,” he said, accepting no as an answer. She splashed her face with water before brushing her teeth, letting Jae wait. Jae watched her and he can’t help but admire how pretty she still looked even with her hair in disarray and was still in her pajamas. He snapped out of his thoughts suddenly feeling uneasy, suddenly aware of where they were as he tapped his fingers on the door frame. “Brat?” He called and she frowned before spitting out and gargling.

“Alright. As if you would accept no?” She wiped her face with a clean towel. Jae raised his shoulders with a smirk on his face. They stared at each other for a while before she looked away, feeling something flutter in her stomach before walking past Jae who still has a smirk on his face as he stepped aside.

Silence followed them. Her eyes fell on the bottom of her bed and she remembered. “The box.”  She wet her lips in thought before she felt presence near her and she turned, to be surprised by how close Jae was. She looked up at him and he has this small smile on and she raised her eyebrows at him. “What are you smiling at?”

Jae let out a soft sigh before shrugging. “I just can’t believe that…you know…we’re together.” Joohyeon’s cheeks turned a shade of pink before she poked both of Jae’s cheeks.

“Then believe it or it might just turn to a dream,” she said with a smile and he smirked. She turned around to somehow arrange her bed covers when two arms hugged her from behind. She turned rigid for a second before she eased up. Jae snuggled on her neck making a thousand butterflies come alive in her and the hair at the back of her neck stand.

“If this is a dream, then I don’t want to wake up anymore,” he whispered and it sent electricity throughout her body as his voice vibrated in her ears. Joohyeon playfully slapped him on his arms before turning to face him, with her still in his embrace.

“You’re being cheesy Mr. Yoo Youngjae. Where did the Jae I know went?” She teased, smirking and Jae raised an eyebrow before letting her go making her miss the feeling of warmth in his embrace.

“If you ask for it.” He cocked his head to the side. “I’ll be waiting in the dining area.” She puffed her cheeks, didn’t think he would actually take it seriously although she was serious with what she said. She was kind of not used with how Jae is now but she guessed it’s just because he was trying to act like a boyfriend already dropping that “annoying best friend” title.

Before Jae was out the door, she called. “Jae…” Jae turned to face her and she softly smiled. “I’m glad to be with you.” Jae smiled back nodding. "I'm more than happy to be with you Joohyeon," he replied before turning and walking out the door.

She turned around to her bed once the door closed and got down to her knees. She pulled up her covers and pulled out the box that she had been keeping under for a few days now.

She dusted it off, making her cough as little particles came flying in the air. She opened it and her brother’s words ring in her head.

“Finding out the past would just hurt you.”

She was actually wondering what her brother really meant. Hurt because of her head aches or hurt because of what happened in the past? It made her curiosity grow more although she knew well it could cause her harm. But she wanted to know her past, how she is, who was her friends, and who she really is. She took a deep sigh before looking through the various things inside.

What caught her attention was her high school year book and thinking that it might give her a clue of who surrounded her back then, she grabbed it and turned its hard cover to the first page. If it’ll give her a head ache, then so be it. It’s not like it’ll be severe since those are just mostly pictures.

“Seoul Academy.” She read and there a pale picture of the school’s front yard was shown. It was stupid but she stopped to check if her head ached but no and she can’t help but smile and continued to turn the pages.

It was arranged per section and she wondered what section she was in. Her brother told her that she was usually placed in section A. It wasn’t really arranged on who were the smart to the most mentally challenged one;s. They were ordered in such a way that the students would be distributed equally and it was just a coincidence that she was placed in section A most of the time.

She then turned the pages when she found it, “1-A”, she scanned the pictures. She can’t help but squint her eyes on the names and faces she sees, trying to remember them but nothing just really comes in her head. When she came to her name, she can’t help but grin.

“Kim Joohyeon.”

She looked at how she looked like before. She noticed how her hair was tied in a ponytail with some hair which can’t be caught by the hairband parted to the side and how her cheeks used to be a little chubbier. Now, her face has slimmed terribly especially after the accident, her weight went down tragically. Now she had gained a little more weight from then but still looking thin. She would still wear her hair like that but would mostly just let it down in its curls, depending if it was hot or not. But most of the time it would depend on Jae since he doesn’t like it when she had her hair up and she doesn’t get why but doesn’t bother to ask anymore because he just wouldn’t answer.

She scanned down more and just below her name was a guy. She looked closely and for the first time since she started she somehow found the face familiar, as if she had seen it somewhere. That was when the back of her head ached and she flinched from the pain.

When she finally got rid of the pain, she was startled by a knock on her door and she quickly slammed the book shut, put it in the box and shove it under her bed.

“Joohyeon?” Jae peeked in and she got back on her feet and turned to him. “What’s taking you long?” He asked.

“Sorry. I just tried fixing my bed. That’s all. Let’s go. I’m kinda feeling hungry now,” she said as she walked towards the door, turning the lights off on the way. Jae was slightly skeptical but just let it go before they proceeded to the dining room.

He didn't miss though how Joohyeon's comforter's corner was being clipped under her bed.

 

 

They hung around Joohyeon’s living room, sitting comfortably on the couch switching channels. After not finding anything interesting, she placed the remote on the table, leaning her back on the couch, annoyed.

“There’s nothing to watch.” She mumbled before she tilted her head to Jae.

“Indeed,” he replied, locking his phone and turning to her. “What about we go out?” He asked, smiling mischievously. Joohyeon perked up at this but her mood quickly went down when she remembered what her brother said about not going out.

“Oppa might get mad,” she softly said, a little annoyed at the thought.

Jae sighed shaking his head. He stood up before reaching his hand out. “C’mon. It’ll be alright,” he said smiling down on her and she hesitated. Jae rolled his eyes with a faint smile before he grabbed her hand instead. “Trust me. It’ll be okay. I’m here.” She stared up at him for a while before she smiled and nodded.

“I’ll get ready and be back,” she said as she stood up and hurried up to her room to change.

In just a few minutes, she got back down in her skinny jeans, plaid button down long sleeves and jacket. She wore a beanie over her head and sneakers for her feet.

“So like you.” Jae smirked as he stared at her and she puffed her cheeks looking down on herself.

“Does it look---“

“Yeah. You’re like the brat I knew back then,” Jae said with a mischievous smile and she bit her lower lip, wondering if she should go up and change but Jae approached her and tucked her hair behind her ear. “…and the girl I fell in love with. You look beautiful,” he smiled and it turned her stomach upside down.

“You’re being too cheesy. Let’s go,” she said trying to look away as she knew she was blushing. Jae shrugged hiding the smile on his face as he noticed the smile on her lips before following her out.

 

 

Taehyung walked around their house, sneezing and coughing. He was still terribly suffering from a cold after staying out overnight although his fever had gone lower from maybe after being treated by the weird girl. But he just shrugged it away, still not liking the girl one bit.

He was the only one home since his parents were in their works. He walked to the refrigerator, and got himself a bottle of water. He was drinking it all up when he heard their doorbell go on. He finished it up, threw it to the trashcan before walking to the door. It was odd for them to have a visitor at that time so he checked the peep hole first but saw no one. He was about to walk away, thinking it was some kids playing around when the doorbell rang again.

He groaned but when he opened it, he was surprised to see his best friends standing there. There was a moment of silence before Hoseok said rubbing his arms, “Can we go inside? It’s so cold out here.”

Taehyung took a deep breath before opening the door wide and stepping aside to let them in. He immediately noticed the absence of their youngest and he just tried to ignore it before closing the door.

“What brought you guys here?” He asked as his friends fell on his couch comfortably as if they own it.

“I suppose you should ask your guests if they want something to drink or eat before anything else?” Jimin said, looking up at him and he sighed out loud.

“I don’t have anything. I’m alone at home, you see?” He said as his nose felt so stuffy it made it hard to talk normally.

“Did you finally lost it and thought of swimming in this cold weather?” Yoongi asked looking at how Taehyung looked so shabby in his clothes.

“Shut up. I stayed out for one night… Kind of fell asleep,” he whispered the last part but his friends caught it and they gawked at him, some laughing.

“You really lost your screw. What on earth were you thinking and you slept outside?” Namjoon said and he groaned sitting on the couch just beside Hoseok. He just ignored him, closing his eyes to relax on the couch as he was feeling so ill. He had been having colds since that morning and it was already three days since then.

“Have you had any medicine?” Seokjin asked worriedly and he nodded weakly. He rolled his eyes before he got up from the couch and  to the kitchen, somehow hoping to cook something up. He was lucky to find some ingredients at the cupboard and began preparing hot soup. Taehyung just let him, having no energy to argue with any of them.

It was so quiet it felt weird since there would usually be no silence when they are together and that’s when they remembered that their maknae wasn’t around. Hoseok stood up and joined Seokjin in the kitchen as it would usually be Jungkook’s job but since he wasn’t around, someone else had to help.

“When are you planning to make up with him?” Yoongi asked breaking the ice and Taehyung opened his eyes to stare at the ceiling. He didn’t know what to say so he just shrugged.

“Although I’m not pleased with how Jungkook acted, he made a point. You can’t continue acting however you wanted. You’re not alone in this, Taehyung. We’re here. We’re also hurting,” Namjoon said and Taehyung’s nose scrunched up as he felt his head ache.

Of course he knew that. And maybe Jungkook was right. He had been selfish. But he couldn’t agree totally to it because he tried but it’s just that he always fail. His mistake might just be how he always traps himself in the past and while everybody was moving forward, he was lagging far behind and since they were his friends, they would stop and wait for him and they would suffer his pain as well.

The room was tranquil except for the sound of their breathing and the boiling and cutting sound from the kitchen. After much silence, trying to debate with himself whether to tell them the truth, he finally sat up, ignoring the throbbing in his head and the ache in his body, that caught everyone’s attention.

“Hyeon… You guys are all right.” The two guys in the kitchen perked up at this and looked at them as they left the water to boil. They were surprised when Taehyung admitted that because he would usually not accept it even if he was the one on the wrong side, something that Hyeon can only transform. The more they look at it, the more it felt as if Hyeon was finally back but not entirely. It had always been in their thoughts and in their everyday that she felt present.

Taehyung fought the discomfort of telling the story to them because he knew that as much as he felt the right to know, they do too. “Her brother talked to me, and she…she doesn’t remember anything…starting from late elementary until before the accident. And since we met her around that time, she had forgotten us as well. If her memories are triggered by something, she would have headaches that could go from mild to severe.” It pained him to say that, to think that Joohyeon really did forget them but truth hurts and he just had to accept it because nothing would change even if he tries to deceive himself.

The guys felt an impact with what Taehyung said and it hurt badly. They didn’t think it was possible to happen, at least not to them, but it did and it struck them hard. It’s like seeing an old friend and you say hi but they would just put a small smile and nod because they really couldn’t remember your name but didn’t want you to feel awkward although in the end you will feel stupid. But the pain they felt was far beyond that.

“You know what guys, more than how it hurts to know that, I can’t help but think how hard it would be in Joohyeon’s part,” Hoseok said, sighing. The guys turned to him and he continued. “Imagine waking up and not knowing who you are anymore or if you knew who you are, forgetting how you lived more than half of your life something you could be smiling about… Even if you try remembering it but end up having a major head ache… Damn…” Hoseok didn’t know what more to say, how to describe what he felt because just thinking it was hurting him.

They were all quiet after that as they let it sink in to them and when it finally did, tears threatened to fall to some of them while some turned away with clenched fists.

“Was that it? Her brother didn’t tell you anything more?” Yoongi asked, hoping there was still something to hold on, that there was still a possibility for her to at least remember them.

Taehyung bit his lower lip and if he wouldn’t stop, his lips would sure bleed. “Taehyung,” Seokjin said, noticing how Taehyung’s face looked so pale. “Don’t force yourself if you don’t want to say it. It’s alright---“

“He told me to let her go…” And it shocked every one of them.

 

 

Jungkook walked around the Han Gang Park, his hood up. He was frowning deeply and no matter how he tried, he just couldn’t force a smile on. He kept on muttering under his breath about how everything is stupid and why is reality being so cruel to them and the likes.

Jungkook had just stepped in university, following his hyungs but still eighteen of age and there’s still more than a year before he turned twenty. Looking at the world like that isn’t really good for him but he can’t help it, especially if everything just looked like it.

He sat by the snow-coated grass and looked out to the river. He tried calming his mind as he pulled his legs to him and hugged his knees. He still had his hood on, music blasting in his earphones. He got his phone out and lit up its screen, to see his lockscreen.

“Hyeonie…” He whispered as he stared at their picture. It was him, Joohyeon, and Taehyung who just posed from the background even if he wasn’t supposed to be included. A small smile came to his lips as he run his thumb on the picture. He took a deep breath and sighed. “Did you really forget us?” He whispered a tear threatening to fall and he sniffed to stop it.

He stared at it for a few more seconds before he put his chin down on his knees and looked far, blinking the tears away. He was thinking through his actions from few nights before and sighed as he finally accepted to himself that it was wrong that he raised his voice up to his hyungs and should really apologize.

When he felt the cold seeping in his pants, he stood up and dusted himself off. He shrugged off of the snow that stuck to his clothes before he put his hands inside his jacket’s pockets and walking off.

He was trying to think of how to actually approach them since he hadn’t seen them for a few days now when he felt someone tap him on the shoulder. He promptly stopped from his tracks and looked behind, only for his eyes to widen.

“I think this is yours?” He took it in panic. They stared at each other for a while, and he could see something flash in her eyes but when he heard someone call her, he muttered thanks before turning and walking off.


A/N:

What's up guise???

I'm back after two days? What do you think of it? Sorry for the lame introduction for this chapter. I'll do better next time, I hope.

A reader commented about how she doesn't like the new girl. You don't like her too? Nado (Me too) :)) 

She would not be so signifacant but would surely take part in our main characters' love story. :)

Please wait for it! Thank you for reading! :)

y Jungkook anyone? :')