030

One More Day

The bell had just rung but a boy had sprung up on his seat, grabbed his bag, and made a dash out the room. At the same time, a girl patiently waited for their teacher to dismiss them before she stood up from her seat, gathering her things before leaving but as soon as she stepped out the room, a body almost crashed into her, making her heart jump in surprise. 

"Hyeon!" The familiar boy greeted in glee. He wore a smirk that made her heart beat race.

"Tae! You scared me!" She exclaimed, holding her chest. "What now? Why are you such in a hurry?"

He grinned. "I got my test results." 

"You did? How is it?" She asked, forgetting how she was actually supposed to not like the guy. The wide grin on his face confirmed her thoughts and her eyes widened together with the smile on her lips. "You passed?! That's great!"

"Because of that, you have to come with me," he said, mindlessly taking her hand and pulling her along.

"But--"

"No buts. Just follow me, okay?" He said, glancing back at her and smiling, taking her breath for a moment. Her heart beat raced up and no matter how much she tried to stop it, she knew it was impossible. She knew that the like she's having for him is true, that her best friend's words were right. She really does like him. Not as a friend but as a boy, a man.

Students who saw them stared and watched them, suspicions clouding their heads. But none of the two even noticed because they were too busy running. They didn't even stop to greet their friends when the ran past them in the halls, the girl only sparing them an embarrassed smile while trying to keep up with the boy's pace.

"Yah, where are we going?!"

"You'll see!"

She was too out of breath to say anything more so she just waited until they reached wherever they are going. In a matter of five minutes, the boy finally stopped, smiling. "We're here!" 

The girl tried to catch her breath as she looked up and saw where they were. "Ice cream shop? Seriously?"

The boy rolled his eyes playfully, tugging on her hand. "C'mon. They sell the best ice cream here! I'm sure you'll love it," he said, pulling her along once more as he pushed open the door and entered. She bit her lips as she tried to stop herself from smiling as she saw the enthusiasm in the boy's tone. She could see that the boy really liked going to that place. "So, what do you like?" He asked, glancing down at her. She immediately looked away, face feeling warm from almost getting caught staring at the him.

She looked at the variety of flavors and had the hard time choosing until she saw the strawberry flavor and immediately pointed at it. "That one. The strawberry."

"You like strawberry?" He asked and she nodded.

"It's really sweet and at the same time, has a little taste of sourness," she said, her lips already curling up just at the thought of the dessert in . The boy nodded, understanding. 

"Okay then," he said before proceeding to the cashier. 

"Good afternoon, sir. What may I get you?"

"I'd like to get a chocolate mint flavor one and the strawberry flavor one," he replied.

"That's all 10,000 won," the person on the cashier said. 

The boy reached for his wallet then but she held his arm with her free hand to stop him, making him look at her. "What are you doing?" She asked.

"I'm getting my wallet?" He said, raising an eyebrow. 

"I know. What I'm saying is, why are you paying for mine?" She said.

"Because I'm the guy," he said.

"And so? I'll pay for mine," she said, reaching for her wallet but the boy stopped her by holding her hand.

"Hyeon, I'll pay for it. Let's just say it's my token of gratitude for helping me pass this test," he said.

"But I'm not asking anything in return. If anything, I should be the one treating you because you passed," she said, frowning.

The boy shook his head, sighing. "It doesn't matter. I'm paying," he said as he opened his wallet and got the money. "Sorry for the delay."

"But--" She stopped when Taehyung gave her a pointed look.

"It's okay," he said, giving her a tight smile which she finally gave in to and sighed.

"Alright. But I'll pay next time. That's a promise!"

He smiled, nodding. "Whatever you say, princess."

A minute later, they received their ice creams and they immediately left the store, unconsciously walking hand in hand. 

 

She had a weird dream again of the same boy that she can't really figure out who. What she was sure about is that she's the girl. It has been a while since she had dreamt of something new since it was usually the same scenario with the boy in the playground in front of their house or simply nothing at all. At some occasions she dreams of her brother and her other oppas, Youngjae as well. The weird thing is, it was still the same boy with her. She was beginning to get convinced that it wasn't just purely a dream but a memory. Adding to it was how, for the first time, a name was said and it totally gives her the chills whenever she remembers it.

"Tae... Who's that Tae?"

She was staring blankly on the wall as she sat in the dining room. She kept on trying to think of people who she knew with a nickname of Tae or has a Tae on their name but nothing came to her mind except for that one person. Her eyes snapped towards the said guy sitting in the living room with Namjoon, Jimin and Jungkook while playing a board game. He was frowning as he was arging with Jungkook about the game probably. The way his eyebrows meet and his lips form a small pout made her think that he was actually quite cute.

The thought shocked her as she bit down her lips. "Him? No, that's impossible." She shook her head at the silly idea. "He can't be."

"Who can't be?" She jumped in her seat, whipping her head around to the person who disrupted her thoughts. "Gosh, you scared me." She sighed, calming her heart.

Yoongi smiled in amusement. "Really. Scared that I caught you?" He smirked and her eyes widened. "What? No!" She said, cheeks flushed. Yoongi looked at her with a mischievously smile which Joohyeon avoided by looking down on the bag chips she was nibbling on. "So... What is it?"

"What is what?" She asked, looking up at him as she grabbed a piece and popped it to , even if she knew what he meant. She just didn't know whether it was okay to tell him.

"What were you thinking about?" He said, popping a chip to his mouth.

"I'm not thinking about anything," she said, shaking her head.

"I don't think so," he said, pouting his lips.

"What? How?"

"It's written all over your face plus, I might not be Jungkook, but I know you long enough to know that," he said, a broad grin on his face.

She can't help but chuckle. "Really?"

He nodded. "Really."

Silence fell over them after that as she contemplated about telling him. She had never told anyone aside from her brother and a couple of her oppas about her dreams. Youngjae knew but only a little and it was a long time ago, when she started having those dreams, and that was a week after she woke up from her commatose state. When she told it to her brother, what he said was the typical, "It's only a dream so don't bother about it." It was also the same for the rest of them. Except that, their reactions said otherwise which bothered her up until now although she hadn't said a word. Now that she is sitting with a different person who is actually curious, she wondered if he has a different thought about it. Like he said, he knew her from before so maybe he knew if it has a connection to her past.

"You can tell me anything. Like before." He shrugged, smiling up at her reassuringly.

She smiled back and nodded. "The thing is..." She looked around, checking if anybody was near them and found that everyone else was lounging in the living room and too busy playing to bother about them.

"Go on. Don't think about them. They're too immersed in their game, I doubt they even notice I left them," he smirked, making her cough a laugh.

"I know," she said, making him grin. She took a deep breath before saying, "I'm having these dreams."

"Dreams?" He said, quirking an eyebrow. "What kind of dreams?"

"I'm not also sure, actually. It's...weird. I'm having the same dreams for years now. It would not appear always but it would at least three to five times a month. The dreams would always take place in the playground in front of our house. Sometimes in a school but that was quite a while before and recently, it was always in the playground. Until tonight."

"Why? What changed?" Yoongi asked. He was getting the gist of everything and it made him more curious and the thought of her actually dreaming of Taehyung makes him excited.

"Ice cream shop," she said, looking directly in his eyes.

"Ice cream shop?" He said, surprised. If he's right, then it would be that ice cream shop near their school, the one they often go to.

"You know?" She said, looking at his surprised expression. Maybe it was a right decision to tell him. It looked like he has answers. The thought made her hopeful but Yoongi's reply crushed her in an instant.

"H-Huh? Nothing. I mean, it's quite odd. An ice cream shop," He said, not knowing how to respond. He noticed how her face turned sullen afterwards and he felt guilty. He turned to the boys at the living room and met eyes with Taehyung who gave him a 'what' expression. He just shook his head before looking back at Joohyeon. "But I would like to hear the rest of it. What happened there?" He asked, trying to lift her mood up.

"It started in a school setting. There was a boy and I think I tutored him for an exam and then he came running to me after classes and then dragged me away."

"A boy?" Yoongi said, feeling curious a lot more than a while ago.

"Yeah. It's always the same boy but I really can't recognize him no matter what. The face would always be blurry. It actually drive me nuts," she said, sighing.

Yoongi in a breath, taking one more glance at Taehyung who was laughing at the other boys. "Then what happened?"

"There were this group of people who I smiled at who I think were my friends. They appear a lot in my dreams too. Then he brought me to that ice cream shop, saying it's sells the best ice cream. The weird thing is, the ice cream shop appears familiar. I don't even know why," she said, scratching the back her neck. 

"Fck." He murmured, making her look up at him.

"What?"

"Huh? Nothing. Then what happened there?" He asked, smiling.

"Nothing much, really. We just argued about who will pay..." Then stopped, a realization coming to her. Yoongi noticed the change in her expression, making him nervous all of a sudden. 

Did she figure it out? What will I do if that happens? Wait. I should be happy when that happens right, Yoongi thought, watching Joohyeon's expression change. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"H-Huh? I'm okay," she said, smiling a little. "Going back. I think that would be it," she said, giving a tight smile. She decided to leave out the details about her actually confessing that she liked the guy to herself because it makes her feel all weird, especially after finding how the situation at the stall in the shopping district resembles that from the ice cream shop in her dream.

"Ohh... Can I ask something?" He said after giving it a lot of thought. She nodded, prodding him to continue. "Is there no names at all?" He said, bracing himself for the answer.

"Name?" She said, a little nervous about telling him but curious at all if he knew because out of all the people, he was the only one who asked so many questions. She swallowed as she looked at him. "There are only two names I could remember: my name and a guy called Tae."

"Fck."

"GUYS!" Hoseok came running through the door. They almost forgot that Hoseok and Seokjin actually left to go to the nearby market to buy some groceries since they were running out of it. The two turned to the door as the rest of the guys did. 

"What are you shouting about now?" Jimin asked, leaning back on his hand on the floor where he played with three other boys.

"Look at this!" He said, running over to them while waving a paper. Yoongi and Joohyeon looked at each other before rising up from their seats and joining them, the conversation almost forgotten.

"What is it?" Namjoon asked.

Jungkook peered over the paper and read it. "Dance Showdown Chapter 2: Groove, Jive, Have Fun! We invite all dancers and aspiring dancers to join us for the most awaited dance battle of the year," Jungkook's voice rose in excitement as he further read the contents of the paper as the boys felt the same except for Joohyeon who looked confused. "To be held on the twelfth of January, 7PM, at the shopping district. We'll all see you there!"

"DANCE BATTLE?!" The boys shouted in glee. Hoseok nodded, grinning.

"ARE WE IN?!" Jimin shouted in excitement.

"Actually," Seokjin said, speaking for the first time. "We already signed up for it. I--"

"OH YEAH!" They shouted, hi-fiving each other and pumping their fist up in the air. Seokjin shook his head but with a smile while Joohyeon smiled at seeing them so happy although she was surprised at the announcement from the two boys.

"You guys are joining?" She asked.

"Yup." Hoseok smiled.

"You guys are dancing?" She said, eyes widening.

"Is it that surprising?" Namjoon said, smirking.

"A little," she grinned.

"Then doubt no more because we'll make you wish we're your boyfriend when you watch us," Jungkook grinned widely, making the others roar in laughter.

"Really?" She said, smiling in amusement.

"Really," Taehyung replied, smirking. The smirk sent her back to that boy in her dream and for some reason, her stomach flipped. 

That smile...


A/N:

Hi! How are you all doing? It's been quite a while eo? I'm sorry for the late update. I just hope though that this chapter was good enough. I'm sorry it's quite short but the next chapter, I asure you, would be long and something to anticipate? A little clue, perhaps? A meeting. Anything coming to mind? Kekeke ^^ Please wait for it! Oh, and, a dance battle! I wonder how it'll affect Joohyeon? Let's wait for it! Love you my lovely readers! 

Thank you to all those who are still here, subscribed, upvoted, and commented! It really means alot! I'll you see you on the next chapter! Ciao! ^^