029

One More Day

"Guys!" 

All heads turned to the owner of the voice. It was still early in the morning, just a little past nine but Hoseok was already beaming. The wide smile on his face made them curious as to what the boy has to say. Seokjin followed behind him, wearing a soft smile. Taehyung looked at the older one, arching an eyebrow. The boy just gave him a shrug, tilting his head to the side. 

"What are you shouting so early in the morning?" Jimin said.

Hoseok pouted, shaking his head. "You're too impatient, Park Jimin," he said. Jimin rolled his eyes playfully.

"Just say it," Yoongi said.

"Alright, alright. These impatient kids." There was a round of eye-rolling and eyebrow-knitting that came but he just ignored it and looked at all of them. "Seokjin and I just spoke with each other and we thought that we've been staying too much indoors--"

"ARE WE GOING OUT?!" Jungkook shouted in glee. The wide smile on his face confirmed what Jungkook said and it made them all equally surprised and delighted.

"Really?" Namjoon said, looking at Seokjin for confirmation and Seokjin nodded.

Taehyung was quite skeptical about the idea since going out means many people looking their way and they couldn't risk someone seeing them, let alone Joohyeon. He looked at the said girl and saw her smiling brightly, making him almost forget about that uncertainty. He can't help but smile at the sight, luckily, she was too busy listening to Hoseok talking to notice him. He softly shook his head. You're not even her boyfriend to stop her. And even if I am, who am I to stop her if I know she will be happy? 

"Where are we going?!" Jungkook asked, obviously giddy.

"There's this shopping district an hour from here. It's not as big as the one we have in Seoul but it's known enough to go and see," Seokjin said.

"REALLY?! Let's go now!" Jungkook said, pushing himself off of the couch only to be pulled down by Namjoon.

"Calm down, Kook. Geez, it's as if you weren't able to travel back to Seoul two days ago!" Namjoon said and Jungkook pouted. 

"When are we going?" Joohyeon asked.

"Anytime but it's better if we leave in the afternoon, just before it gets dark. I heard night markets here is very popular. We'll also have our dinner out," Hoseok informed them, hyping them all up but Taehyung looked too uncertain to even join the hype. Seokjin noticed his reaction and smiled at him, nodding to assure him everything will be alright and he smiled back, convincing himself that this day would be nothing but fun and memorable.

 

They were up and ready by five in the afternoon. They made sure to wear layers of clothing to keep them warm. Although winter is almost over, it was still really cold and snow would still fall every now and then. They loaded the car and drove over to the shopping district.

Once they got there, people were flowing in and out of stores, the streets were filled with busy bodies, some just coming out of work and students trying to spend their last week of vacation to the fullest. They were in awe because it didn't feel like they were out of Seoul at all but just somewhere within the busy city. They stood watching the scene before them with surprise and excitement. 

"Are we seriously not in Seoul?" Jimin said, mouth hanging ajar.

"I'm not really sure myself..." Namjoon replied.

Taehyung couldn't agree more with them. Even he himself can't believe such exist in a province, especially since they are staying in such a faraway place in that city. Maybe that's why he didn't think that where they are staying is actually bigger than he initially thought. The amount of people around them too slightly took him aback. Some people were already touching shoulders at some point just to pass since other than the people, there were also a lot of stalls and stores filling the streets. It made him look at Joohyeon to check if anybody had accidentally hit her and so far, she looked fine with her eyes shining under the early evening's moonlight and store lights.

"What are we waiting for?! LET'S GO!" Jungkook said excitedly, holding onto Joohyeon's arm. Taehyung shook his head with a small smile on his lips. He would admit that he's jealous because Jungkook could stick to Joohyeon like that but he's still relieved that Joohyeon is happy.

They started walking then, looking around each store they pass that they find amusing. Taehyung made sure to keep an eye on Joohyeon since they were still in a new environment and they don't know the people around them as much as they would've in Seoul. There were times when he would look around but not before making sure he knew where she is. Some of the guys were also whisking him away, leaving him not much of choice but to look away. Anyway, there would always be at least one of the guys with her so it wasn't that much of a problem.

It had been almost an hour later when they decided to dine in a restaurant since it was also time for dinner and they were all starving. The smell of the food being cooked in each food stall and restaurants also made them hungry. They entered a restaurant where there seem to be a lot of people coming in and out. It wasn't too big but the ambiance was very nice. It didn't have any chairs but cushions on the floor surrounding long tables.

Taehyung groaned inwardly when Jungkook and Hoseok intentionally took the spaces beside Joohyeon just to and Seokjin took the place opposite her and the closest he could sit is beside the latter so he took it than sitting farther from her.

They ordered meat to be grilled as well as makchang and soup to warm themselves up from the coldness. When their orders arrived, they started cooking the makchang first since it takes time for it to be fully cooked while they filled their bowls with soup. They cooked the meat in the little space beside the intestines because the boys were too eager to eat it.

Like always, dinner was full of talk and jokes. Taehyung freely joined in their conversations unlike the past few days when he would restrain himself since he didn't know how to actually act with Joohyeon around, as weird as it may sound. After a little thought about it over the past few days, he came to a conclusion that trying to stop himself from being himself is just hindering Joohyeon from knowing him--from remembering him.

He was in the middle of putting a mouthful of ssambap to his mouth when his eyes met Joohyeon's bewildered look, and felt his face turn warm. He raised an eyebrow and Joohyeon eyed his ssambap and rolled her eyes playfully. Taehyung swallowed his food and smirked. "Why, is it your first time seeing someone eating ssambap?" 

"What? Of course not. It's just that the way you eat..."

"It's the way he is. Aren't you still used to it?" Yoongi laughed and Joohyeon grimaced. Taehyung smirked again and took another mouthful of ssambap to spite her before smiling widely at her, mouth still full of food, eyes going to a crescent.

 

They left the restaurant an hour and a half later, strolling around again. When they thought that it was just a small area, it actually isn't. They still have half of the place to look at. But as they enjoyed their time out, at some point, Taehyung felt that something felt oddly different. He had just turned around for a little while, checking out a hat but once he called out Jimin's name who he thought was just with him, nobody answered him back. He looked around but didn't find a single shadow of his friends, making his eyebrows furrow. He was sure they were just with him not a few minutes ago. 

"Where on earth are they?" He muttered under his breath. He couldn't find Joohyeon too and it made him worry. He just hopes that she's with the boys. Walking around, he took a peek at each store he passed by but to his luck, he saw no one of them. He was about to give up and just wait in the car when he saw an unexpected figure in the midst of the crowd, looking lost as well. Not wasting anytime, he walked over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. He bit back a laugh when she suddenly jumped as she looked up to him and sighed a relief when she saw him.

"Did I surprise you?" He said, smiling a little as he can't stop himself from doing so.

Joohyeon playfully rolled her eyes. "No," she replied but Taehyung knew better that she was lying because of how she can't even look at him. He just hid a smile and prentended to believe her.

"Alright. If you say so," he said, shrugging. "Why are you alone, anyway? Aren't Jungkook and Hoseok with you?" He asked, going back to the matter at hand.

"Yes but apparently, they went missing when I turned around. You, why are you alone?" She asked but as he listened to her, the situation they were at slowly pieced and made sense in his mind.  

"These guys... Really..." He muttered under his breath. He knew that they were doing this for him but he actually doesn't know what to do because they didn't even say anything to him beforehand but isn't this what he is good at?

"What?" She asked, looking at him.

"Nothing," he said, shaking his head. He scanned the area, trying to think of something to say until he saw two boys running from a distance towards their direction. He looked at his side and saw that Joohyeon was too preoccupied looking around the place fto find their friends to notice the speeding boys. His eyes widened when they almost bumped into her. Luckily, he pulled her just in time.

"Hey! Look where you're running!" He shouted after the boys. He snickered and then looked down at Joohyeon who was pressed to him, one arm hugging her to his chest. He felt his heart beat pick up its beat as he realized the position they were in. Joohyeon was also looking up at him but looked away seconds after, clearing . He let her go even if he didn't want to. He just missed having her in his embrace and it's funny how it even has to happen in that way.

"T-Thanks," she stammered. Taehyung noticed her face turn red and somehow felt good that at least, she still reacts to his actions.

"You should've been paying attention to your surroundings. What if I hadn't been here? What would've happened to you?" He said.

Joohyeon frowned. "Sorry, okay? I--" She stopped and Taehyung raised an eyebrow at her.

"What?" 

"Nothing." She looked away, and Taehyung watched her for a little while, trying to think of what she was supposed to say but didn't have any clue except for the sudden change in her expression.

"Let's just go and look around," he said, making Joohyeon look at him, eyebrow arching. "Don't get the wrong idea. I can't let you off by yourself, especially after what happened. The guys would kill me if anything happens to you. And it's better if they find us together so it wouldn't be hard. We don't have any cellphones to use to contact each other," he said, and felt that he had said too much--too much bluff just to convince her. Finally after a few seconds she finally hummed in response.

"Fine," she replied.

He bit back a smile. "Don't worry. I'm not that bad, you know?" He said, smirking and Joohyeon looked at him skeptically before a slow smile made to her lips.

"I'm not quite convinced," she said before turning around and walking off.

He should've been insulted but instead, his smile grew wider. "Yah! What are you trying to say?!" He said, jogging after her, looking forward of what more the evening has to offer to them both.

 

They entered some accessory shops and tried on some stuff. Taehyung tried on a oversized glasses and then a huge hat, making Joohyeon laugh.

"It suits you," she said in the midst of laughing.

"Ah, really?" He said, mischievously smiling. "Then I think this suits you," he said, grabbing a colorful afro wig and putting it on her. He laughed. "There. Now you look reallyyyyyy pretty."

"Yah! You--"

"Unnie, oppa!" There eyes moved to where the voice came from but a flash blinded them instead. They blinked their eyes to get rid of the spots there were seeing caused by the flash. They heard giggling after. "You two looks really funny!"

"Wha--" Taehyung stopped when the little girl suddenly held out to them the polaroid picture.

"Here, you can keep it," she said. They looked at each other, surprised until Joohyeon kneeled down to the girl's height and took the picture, smiling.

"Thank you," she said, ruffling the girl's hair. Taehyung smiled, the lovely scene so familiar to him. It had happened many times before and it always makes him smile up until now. 

"You're welcome!" She beamed. Suddenly, the girl's mother came, looking worried.

"Eunsoo-ah! You scared me! Why did you leave my side?" Her mother said, hugging her daughter. They both smiled at the mother and daughter as Joohyeon rose up to her feet.

"I'm okay. This unnie and oppa is really funny, don't you think? They are nice too!" She said, eyes smiling.

"Ah. You're right," her mother said smiling, looking at them. "I'm sorry if my daughter bothered you both."

"No, it's okay. She's really cute," Joohyeon said, smiling politely. The mother returned a smile.

"C'mon, Eunso-yah. Say goodbye to them," her mother said.

"Uhm... Can I ask for..." she tapped her lips before smiling and putting up one finger, "...one more picture? Please, please, please?" She said, clasping her hand together. Joohyeon and Taehyung looked surprised, as well as the mother.

"Eunsoo..."

"It's okay. We'll take it," Taehyung said, smiling while Joohyeon was quite shocked as she looked at him. Taehyung raised an eyebrow and shrugged at her. The mother smiled apologetically while the little girl jumped happily. Eunsoo gave her mother her camera before she squeezed herself between them. Taehyung and Joohyeon looked a little surprised but they both kneeled down to somehow match the girl's height. 

"On the count of three, say kimchi," the little girl's mother said. "One, two, three..."

"Kimchi!" 

 

Half an hour later, they found themselves just walking around. They would stop once in a while looking at some stalls. They also bought themselves a stick of fish cake but not before arguing who would pay for it.

"Here, ahjumma. Don't mind her," Taehyung said, handing over the money.

"What? No. I'll pay for it," Joohyeon said, pushing his hand away. "Here, ahjummoni."

"Joohyeon," Taehyung said but Joohyeon didn't even listen. 

"Just think of this as a thank you for saving me a while ago," she said as she handed the ahjumma the payment. "Sorry for the trouble." Taehyung wasn't able to say anything anymore but to sigh. Joohyeon could be really stubborn.

"Fine. But next time, I'll be the one to pay, okay?" He said after they politely bowed to the ahjumma and walked away.

Joohyeon nodded. "Okay." Taehyung stopped, surprised as he looked at Joohyeon. He can't believe she just said okay without thinking twice. Joohyeon noticed his look on her and felt her cheeks turning warm against the cold weather. "What?"

Taehyung shook his head, smiling. "Nothing. I'll keep that in mind," he said, shrugging. Joohyeon just hummed in reply.

Later, they found themselves by the railings at the river. There aren't much people there so it was quite peaceful. It wasn't too far off from the shopping district, just a few minutes of walking.

"Would it be okay to go here?" Joohyeon asked as she leaned against the railing.

"Of course. The boys would just find their way to us. After all, it was them who got missing," he said, shrugging as he stared at her.

"Seriously?" She said, coughing a laugh and looking at him only to be surprised to see him looking at her. They both looked away at once as their cheeks turn bright red.

There were both quiet later on, Taehyung stealing glances at her once in a while. She looks really relaxed and happy, and that's what he wanted for her to feel while she is with him.

"So..." He said, and Joohyeon hummed in response. "I'm not that bad, ain't I?" He said, smirking.

"Let me think of it...." She said, tilting her head to the side. 

Taehyung gawked at her. "Do you really have to think of it?" She nodded her head, teasing him. "What? After everything, you still think--" Joohyeon laughed, making him stop and stare at her. He softened at the sight of her and a small smile appeared on his lips.

"I'm just joking. You were okay," she said, laugh stopping and smile replacing it.

Taehyung scoffed. "Okay? I was just okay?" He said. Joohyeon just shrugged, smiling. Suddenly, a loud booming sound caught their attention, a spectacle of colors lighting up the sky. 

"Whoah," Joohyeon said, surprised. "There's a fireworks display tonight!" Taehyung couldn't also believe it. They didn't know that they were having fireworks tonight; Hoseok didn't say anything about it. He doesn't know whether or not Hoseok just didn't know or it was part of their plan to not really tell them. "It looks pretty, don't you think?" He heard Joohyeon say. He looked at her and smiled.

You're prettier.

 

At a distance, the other six boys were watching them, smiling.

"It's a success!" Hoseok shouted, pumping his fist.

"YAH! Keep your voice down!" Namjoon said.

"Look, look. Taehyung looks really sick in love!" Jimin said, laughing.

"He's not sick in love. He's head over heels in love with her," Yoongi said, a smirk on his lips. Suddenly, they heard a click and they turned to see Seokjin holding up the phone they were allowed to use.

"Capture the moment until it last." He grinned while the other boys nodded and smiled.

"It will last. For a long long time," Jungkook said as he watched his two best friends side by side, looking as happy as they were before.


A/N:

HI! How are you all doing? I'm sorry, again. I know it's been a while. Forgive me? ^^

For this chapter, I tried putting the focus on Taehyung more since the past few chapters had been focused on Joohyeon. I hope you liked this chapter. I'll try to update soon but I can't really guarantee anything. I hope you'll be patient with me .

Thank you for all of you who stayed with me and had been patient with how slow I am on updating. Thank you also for my new subscribers for giving this story a chance! To those who upvoted and commented, thank you! And to all of you who are reading this right now, thank you x 100000000000! ^^