046

One More Day

It was already past two in the morning but the district was still too alive with almost every store, restaurant and stalls open. It's no wonder as there are an abundant of people from teenagers to adults who are still around enjoying the night. There are a group of friends who seemed to be celebrating a birthday of a friend inside a restaurant, a married couple who looked like they are taking an hour or two off of their works by strolling around, and then there are couple, a lot of them, with the guy putting an arm around the girl's shoulder or letting the girl hook their arm to theirs. There are some who would whisper sweet nothings to each other's ears making the girl either blush or smack their boyfriends in their arm and the boy grinning and laughing. Then there are also some who would just walk enjoying each other's company while looking through the busy district, their hands intertwined with each other giving them a sense of comfort and security and love. 

She stared at their intertwined hands and pressed her lips together. They weren't a couple like all those she had seen but with their hands interlaced the way they are, they could almost pass as one, and the thought placed butterflies in her stomach. She wanted to ask him why he's holding her hand but she knows that in turn, he'll be asking her why she doesn't let go so she just chose to keep shut and enjoy the warmth of his hand. 

The feeling immediately dissipate though, replaced by a drop in her stomach when a loud crying sound was heard from a distance just outside a bar with a girl almost screaming at her supposed boyfriend who, by the looks of it, was too surprised to see her there and be caught in the act of being a boyfriend of someone else as well. People watched as if it was a show until the girlfriend ran off. It made her angry when she saw how the guy didn't even chase the girl who is obviously the girl he had cheated on but then what right did she have? She bit on her bottom lip because again, she is reminded of how wrong what they are doing is, how she is no different with the guy right now, and it made her sick. The uncomfortability of what the situation showed her made her let go and so, she pulled her hand away and clasped her hands together in front of her, swallowing the lump that had formed in . She missed his hands on hers immediately but she knows that she did the right thing of letting go, just to lift a little guilt off of her shoulders.

She knew that Taehyung was surprised by it as he had stopped from walking. Trying to act as if it was nothing was hard and she stared down on the ground hoping that he'll understand and she was relieved when he didn't say anything and instead, inserted his hands in his pockets and smiled down on her. She felt guilty and she was about to open to say why she did it when he beat her to it.

"It's okay," he said but she knew it wasn't because even if he tried to sound that it's really okay, it didn't and even she herself didn't feel anything near the word but she just nodded and forced on a smile. Hoping to change the mood she had created, she looked around before facing him.

"What are we going to do?" She asked and Taehyung looked at her before stifling a laugh. She frowned. "What's funny?" 

"Nothing. Why? What do you want to do?" He asked, peering at her face and she thought for a while but only one thing came to her mind that moment and she doesn't whether it was right to say it so she just shrugged. 

"You decide. You brought me here, remember?" She said with a shrug. Taehyung jut his lip out. "I really didn't have any plans." She gaped at him. "Are you serious?"

Taehyung grinned, "Would it make you feel better if I said no?" Joohyeon looked at him increduously as if she didn't know if he was being serious or joking. Taehyung chuckled and ruffled her hair, making her freeze in her position with the contact. She really hated it when someone does it but him doing it made it feel different for some reason. "I really don't have anything in mind but if you want, we could go eat something?" He said snapping her out of her trance. 

"H-Huh?" She asked, looking up at him and Taehyung raised an amused eyebrow at her. "You're too obvious," he said and she turned flush. "What?!"

Taehyung laughed, making her feel more embarrassed. "I'm not sta--"

"You're obviously excited to eat. You have hearts in your eyes," he said, pointing at her eyes and her eyes widened more. "What? No, I didn't!" She said and Taehyung pressed his lips together to a smile. "It's okay. I know your love for food so let's go," he said pushing her slightly on the back forward. She doesn't know if she should be happy that he didn't mean that she was too obvious that she likes him but then, she wasn't sure if what he said was any better either. 

She frowned. "You shouldn't say that to a girl, you know," she said as she let him lead her away and Taehyung grinned. "But you and I are close, and that makes a difference, don't it?" He said making her blush again, if her flushed cheeks aren't still red. 

"We are close?" She asked, teasing him, raising an eyebrow with a small smirk.

Taehyung looked offended as he placed a hand to his chest. "That hurts!" He said and Joohyeon can't help but chuckle and stick her tongue out. "I didn't know we are that close because as far as I remember, you hate me," she narrowed her eyes on him.

Taehyung's eyes widened. "I didn't say anything like that." 

Joohyeon shook her head. "You didn't, but you show it," she said and he frowned. 

"I don't."

"You do."

"But you also hate me, don't you?" That shut her up. Not because he was right because he isn't but because she didn't expect that he'd care of what she thinks of him. "You love hanging-out with Hoseok and Jungkook. And you even let Jimin in your room!" He said and a silly smile came to her lips as she catch on the jealousy in his voice, and it made her somehow happy to know that he was jealous. 

"Are you just telling me..." Taehyung realized that he had just been acting like a jealous boyfriend and his cheeks turned red. He cleared his throat and looked away. "There," he said and Joohyeon knew he was trying to change the topic but seeing how flushed he is, she wouldn't just let him go, after what him making her feel that way too minutes ago. "You are, are you?" She pressed, teasing him. The blush on his cheeks was really adorable and her smile widened.

"Does chicken sound good?"

"Well, Hoseok oppa is very nice and he is also very funny," she said as she counted with her fingers. "He tells very interesting stories and--"

"I'm not interested to hear you gushing about Hoseok, okay?" He said, sounding more jealous and she bit back the smile on her lips.

"Jungkook would always talk with me--"

"And Jungkook. I don't care about what you think of him," he said, his face getting redder by the second, because of jealousy or anger, she wasn't really sure but she was having too much fun to care.

"And Jimin! Jimin would always help me--" Her breath was caught in as Taehyung leaned very close to her, their face only an inch apart that if any of them would move, their lips would really meet. 

"Jimin is what?" Taehyung asked, a smirk on his lips as he saw Joohyeon's flushed face. Joohyeon knew what Taehyung was trying to do so she took a deep breath and pretended to be uneffected as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Jimin would always try to help me remember. He is very considerate and he would always listen to anything I say and--"

"He what?" Taehyung asked, surprising Joohyeon. "He is helping you...?" Taehyung knew it shouldn't be surprising but hearing that Jimin was actually doing something alone that way is slightly surprising.

Joohyeon blinked, moving away unconsciously as it already got uncomfortable with his face so close. "Yes. He would drop by my room to talk to me every once in a while. I don't see anything wrong with that," she said.

Taehyung pressed his lips together, curious about what Jimin was telling her. He stared at her face for a minute longer before moving away. "Don't talk about them like that again, okay? I hate it," he said, mumbling the last three words that she caught on easily since he was just standing a feet away. Although she was curious why, she didn't say anything. "If you do, I'll really do what I told you I'll do," he said, making her cheeks flush again as she remembered. Swallowing, she cleared .

"Are we eating or not? I'm hungry," she said, looking away in embarrassment. She really isn't lying because the smell of the food wafting in the air from the stalls and restaurant was luring her into them, making her hungry even if she isn't. 

Taehyung bit back a grin. "I know the perfect place."

 

They went to a samgyetangjip where their main dishes were with chicken. Joohyeon tried to hide her delight as she was really craving for chicken soup in a while now. They were escorted to a table by the window and menus were handed to them. They ordered ginseng chicken soup, Korean lettuce wrap, and friend chicken.

"Would you like anything else?" The waiter asked and Taehyung looked at Joohyeon who shook her head before he turned to the waiter. "We're good." The waiter repeated their order before walking away.

Taehyung watched her as she focused on anything but him. It was obvious as she wouldn't even look at him. It was disconcerting but at the same time, he was thankful because he could just stare at her without feeling conscious that she's staring at him too. 

As she traced her features with his eyes, he remembered the expression on her face when she pulled her hand away from him and the guilt that welled in his heart when he knew he made her feel that way, that she was cheating on her boyfriend. He wanted to tell her that she's not and that if anyone should be blamed, it was him but right then, her eyes begged that he not say anything so he just smiled and said that it was okay even if he missed her warmth as soon as it slipped out of his fingers. He wondered if he would still be holding her hand if they hadn't witnessed that guy cheating on her girlfriend. He understood what she felt that's why he didn't say anything. 

When he asked her what she wanted to do, he knew she had something in mind by the way she looked at him but changed her mind last minute. He wasn't sure why and he wanted to know but if she isn't comfortable enough to tell it to him yet, then he'll wait until that time comes because he isn't going anywhere but by her side.

"What are you thinking about?" Taehyung asked, hoping to get her attention.

Joohyeon looked up at him after a while of avoiding his gaze even if she felt his eyes on her. She was afraid that if she looked into his, she would be lost in their deepness again. She wondered if he knew she was thinking of how everything felt so right and wrong at the same time with him when he looked through her eyes because he always seemed to read her like an open book by just looking at her.

"Nothing," she replied, tearing her gaze away and looking out the window where people walked in almost all directions.

"Nothing? Are you sure it's nothing?" Taehyung asked, raising an eyebrow and she took a deep breath. Another thing that is bothering her is what he wanted to tell her but she wasn't sure if she wanted to hear it lest ask him about it. Seeing she isn't planning to answer him, he leaned on the table, "I told you to just let go, right? Even for the night?"

Joohyeon felt a mix of emotions when he said that. There was anger, frustration, and shame. She didn't want to lash out on him so she took a calming breath and said, "I'm trying."

Taehyung could hear the desparation in her voice and he felt bad for causing her to feel that way when all he wanted for that night is for them to enjoy it. He was about to open his mouth to tell her to sorry and forget what he just said when their order came.

They were quiet for the first few bites, neither knowing what to say after the tension. They would glance at each other once in a while, looking away before anyone of them sees.

"Excuse me. Can we get two bottles of beer here please?" A guy said from a table, making them both look up. It was no wonder that they are ordering beer because fried chicken is said to go well with it. Taehyung looked at Joohyeon and saw her watching that table with curiosity, making him smile a little.

"They say chicken goes well with beer, and it looks like they agree to it," he said, making Joohyeon finally look at him.

Joohyeon thought for a while before saying, "Have you tried it?" Taehyung hesitated, wondering if she'll get mad if she heard that he had drunk alcohol but then remembered how things are different now, besides that they are older, she's not his girlfriend anymore so why would she even care, right?

"Well, I've tried it twice or thrice with the boys. Not Jungkook though," he said, shrugging although he was watching for her reaction closely and somehow it disappoints him when she didn't even show distaste for it.

"Does it really taste nice?" She asked, looking at the table who just ordered beer and saw him opening it's lid and passing it around the table.

"It's alright. You should ask Yoongi because he loves it," Taehyung grinned, making her chuckle.

"I see," she said.

He knew she would say no but he asked anyway, "Why? Do you want to try it?"

She looked surprised for a moment before she bit her lip, not answering with a yes or a no right away, surprising him. "Well, not really. I'm not fond of beers. But I guess trying would be alright," she shrugged.

A smile lifted on his lips. "Then should I let you try now? I mean, I won't since I'm driving," he said. Even if he wasn't keen on the idea of her drinking, he was more assured if she'll try it when he's around than not that's why he asked her that.

Joohyeon's eyes rounded on him. "No, it's okay. Like I said, I don't really like beers," she said, shaking her head adamantly.

Taehyung his lips and nodded. "Okay. Just don't try it when I'm not around, okay?" He said, grinning and Joohyeon felt her heart skip in her chest.

"Why not?" She asked.

"Just because," he said as he made a lettuce wrap and hold it out to her. She stared at the lettuce wrap then at him, wondering what he's doing. "Try this. It's the only edible food I can make," he said making Joohyeon laugh. "You didn't even cook it," she said and Taehyung rolled his eyes. "I still made it so try it." Joohyeon hesitated for moment, not because she didn't trust his so-called edible food but because the thought of him feeding her was already taking things to another level. "But--" She was cut off as Taehyung placed the wrap in . Taehyung grinned. "You talk too much. How does it taste?" He asked and frowning, she chewed down on the food having really no other choice since it's in already. Taehyung saw her eyes brighten and he knew she liked it. 

"Yah!" Joohyeon said as she swallowed all of it.

"It taste good, right?" Taehyung asked, making another wrap. Joohyeon softened, seeing how happy he is and she sighed, nodding.

"Yes but did you just..." She paused, thinking back to what he said and Taehyung looked up at her from the wrap he's making. "Nothing," she said, not wanting to show him that what he said affected her in any way. Taehyung gauged her for a moment. "Are you sure?" He asked and she nodded. "You shouldn't just shove food into people's mouth," she said, unconsciously pouting her lips. She was surprised when a hand pinched her cheeks and she looked at Taehyung in shock who sported the same look.

He cleared his throat as he pulled his hand away. "Stop pouting." 

"I am?" She said, narrowing her eyes on him, and Taehyung had to stop himself from doing in again. 

"Yes. And stop doing that too," he said and Joohyeon frowned. "That too," he added, looking away to his food.

"Then should I just sit here with a straight face?" She said doing a straight face and Taehyung laughed. 

"No. You look really weird when you do it," he said and Joohyeon frowned. She looked around to find something to hit him with when an idea entered her mind. Grinning to herself, she made a quick lettuce wrap while he's busy laughing his off, not minding what it'll taste like and shoved it in his mouth. Taehyung choked and he stared at Joohyeon who laughed at him. 

"Now you know how it feels," she said, sticking her tongue out before starting to continue eating. Taehyung stared at her for a while before a smile curled on his lips although the lettuce wrap was too spicy and salty.

 

An hour later, they were fighting over who would pay the bill. Joohyeon said that they should just split the bill but Taehyung didn't want to and said that he should pay since he's the guy. The waiter taking their bill just stood there awkwardly until Taehyung brought up their conversation days ago when she agreed to let him pay the next time they eat out. It left Joohyeon surrendering to him and the waiter sighing in relief. After paying and receiving their change, they left the restaurant and to the cool night air.

"Didn't think you'll remember that," she said as they started walking aimlessly.

"I remember almost anything about you," he mumbled, making Joohyeon look at him with a puzzled look.

"What?"

"I said I have a great memory, don't I?" He said, smirking. She scoffed and looked ahead. "You're so full of yourself, you know." He shrugged, grinning. "Can't help it." Joohyeon smacked him on the shoulder and Taehyung chuckled. 

"Anyway, what else do you want to do?" He asked, looking at her. She looked at him for a second longer before shrugging. "Walk around? I don't know." Taehyung's lips quirked in the corner. "So like you," he said softly but audible, making her flush. "Then let's do that," he said as he started to take a step away. She was still trying to gain her bearings back when Taehyung turned back around and walked back to her. "One more thing," he said,clucking his tongue. "You seemed to forget what I said before we left the car." She furrowed her eyebrows at him. "I know it's almost near to impossible but can you stop thinking about others for a while?" He said, taking Joohyeon back to their conversation more than an hour ago. 

A frown was back on her face. "You know it's not easy."

"It's not easy but can't you do it, for me?" He knew it was a stupid thought, but he was hoping that the time they've spent with each other for the past month had gained him a little spot in her life, in her heart and the words just went out his mouth before he could even think it over. Joohyeon looked at him to see if he was serious and gaped at him unable to form words as his words finally made sense and butterflies started building up in her stomach. She blinked stupidly at him and Taehyung looked embarrassed for a moment as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry. I was being too selfish, ain't I?"

She found herself shaking her head. "I just don't really understand you, Taehyung. Why are you even doing this?"

Taehyung pressed his lips together, his heart in his throat. "You do, Joohyeon," he said, making her glance up at him in complete confusion. He shook his head as he looked down for a moment before looking at her again. "Can you? Just for the night. Please," he said, adding to all the surprise she's been getting that night. She's seeing so many sides of him tonight that she didn't think she'll be seeing.

She thought for a while before giving in. She doesn't know when it got hard saying no to him. "I can't promise. But I'll try." She doesn't know if she can do it but she is willing to try. For him, she will.

Taehyung smiled and after seeing him hesitate for a moment, he held his hand out. "It's weird but may I?" He asked, smiling coyly at her making her heart rate speed up. She stared down on it before she took a deep breath and inserted her hands to his. She saw the light in his eyes when she held his hand and she knew she'd made the right decision.

 

They ended up just walking around while looking through shops that attracts them once in a while. They talked about random things, from what they think about the place they've moved in to how it's weird to see people choosing to spend their time in the shopping district than sleeping. 

For Taehyung, it was like they are back to their first date officially as boyfriend and girlfriend back in their last year in middle school. There were awkward moments, quiet but comfortable silence, teases here and there, and heart fluttering actions and words exchanged between them both. In Joohyeon's view, everything almost felt new even if it isn't. She had done walks plenty of times with her boyfriend but it felt a whole lot more different. The feeling she's getting was beyond what she thought she'd be feeling with him and more than what she could say she had for Youngjae. It's new but the same time natural. It's a feeling only he can do to her, she noticed. She doesn't know if he knows the effects of what he's doing to her but if he does, then she surely needs to know what his motives are. Only that she can't force herself to ask him. Maybe because she knows that questioning him could possibly dampen the mood and she didn't want to repeat what she'd done that one night. She wasn't sure but she decided to just put her curiosity aside and not think about anything like he had said and just think about that moment, with him and her.

The only time she looked at the time is when she noticed a shop starting to close and she gasped to see that it's already past four in the morning. Taehyung looked at her as she had stopped walking. 

"It's already four in the morning," she said, looking up at him. Taehyung only jut his bottom lip out and the next thing he did surprised her as he fished his phone out his pockets. "You have your phone?" She asked.

Taehyung nodded indifferently. "I thought I should bring something in case the boys worry that we're not home by the time they wake up," he said and Joohyeon narrowed her eyes at him.

"What do you..."

"We might be back a little later," he said, grinning sheepishly and Joohyeon gawked at him.

"It's already four in the morning!" She said and Taehyung raised an eyebrow at her. "I know. Why? Do you want to go home already?" He cocked his head to the side to the direction of where he had left the car. Joohyeon didn't know what to say or how she would say that no, she didn't. That she could go walk with him as long as he'd like to but she didn't know how to voice it out so she hoped that he'd just read through her even if the thought sometimes disconcerts her.

"There's something I'd like to show you so I hope it's alright for you to stay for a few more hours," he said, hoping that she'd say yes. He looked at her eyes and the look in them was enough to tell him her say on it and he smiled. "Do you like to sit down? We could go to the park and rest there since it looks like the shops is about to close down," he said and she nodded, a tight smile on her lips. 

Taehyung grinned before tugging on her hand to continue walking. They stopped by a bubble tea store as Taehyung said that he'll just buy something. Turns out he'd bought two hot teas. "To warm us up," he said when she asked why he bought it. She said a soft thanks before holding her drink with her free hand and they continued onto to the park.

The park was almost empty as they looked for a place to sit on. They found an empty bench facing the river and they sat on it, leaving little distance between them. Taehyung hadn't let go of her hand and Joohyeon didn't want him to even if she was conscious of how her hand might be sweaty already from holding onto him for too long.

"You find me weird, don't you?" He asked a minute later. She looked at him and a small curve appeared on the corner of her lips.

"Did you have to ask that?" Joohyeon said, making Taehyung softly laugh.

"I guess no," he said. Joohyeon thought he'll add another comment about her being weird as well but nothing came and she can't help but point it out too. "That is weird too." Taehyung glanced at her, raising an eyebrow. "Are you not going to tell me that I'm weird too?" She said and it made Taehyung laugh. "See! Stop laughing!" She frowned but found herself biting down a smile as she heard his laughter.

"I wasn't about to point that out but since you've pointed it out..." Taehyung grinned and Joohyeon shoved him on the shoulder with hers since both of her hands were occupied. Taehyung laughed more and Joohyeon thought of pulling her hand away but Taehyung tightened his hold on her, as if knowing what she was about to do, his laughter fading off. "I'm just joking," he said, rubbing the back of her hand sending chills down her spine. "But don't you think that will make us a perfect pair?" He said, grinning widely and she didn't know whether to take it as a compliment or an insult as she stared at him increduously even if her heart fluttered, the thought of them being a pair not sounding appalling as it sounded long before.

"No, it don't. It'll be embarrassing," she admitted and Taehyung smiled.

"At least we've got each other," he said and she felt her cheeks turn warmer against the cold breeze. 

"Can you stop talking like that?" She said, a comment she would always make when she didn't know what to say after someone says something like it. 

"Talking like what?" Taehyung asked, peering over at her, taunting her to say why.

"Like that," she muttered, cheeks heating up and Taehyung's lips curved into a teasing smile. He slightly turned his body to her, to get a better look at her face.

"Like what?" He pressed.

She groaned in frustration. "You're teasing me," she said with a deadpann voice and Taehyung jut his lower lip out.

"I'm not," he said, amused.

"You are," she said, narrowing her eyes on him.

Taehyung chuckled. "Fine. I just love teasing you , you know?" He said, smiling cheekily.

"Oh, tell me what," she said sarcastically.

"You make me want to do it when you do that," he said, pointing at her face.

"Do what?" She asked, thinking about what's with her face that is so worth teasing at. She never considered herself to be beautiful but not ugly either so she--

"Those expressions. You look cute when you do it," he said, cutting through her thoughts. Her cheeks reddened and she swallowed. Even if she's not sure what he meant by that, if it was a good thing or not, she can't help but blush with his words. "Actually," he added, "You look cute almost in everything you do." 

"What?" She asked, flushed and embarrassed. 

"Tell me, are you just like that to me or is it just me?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at her. Her eyes widened and she looked away, feeling self-conscious under his gaze.

"Definitely not me," she muttered, looking on her half-filled tea.

"That's good then," he said, grinning. She can't help but turn a curious glance at him. "'Cause it means you only act that way around me." 

"Or maybe it's just really you. Geez, Kim Taehyung, you're so weird you know?" She said, not knowing what else to say. She looked down on her lap, feeling butterflies come alive in her.

He shrugged. "I'm a fool," he said, looking forward to the river. She glanced at him, wondering what the boy was telling her. He could be really random so she wanted to make sure that they are on the same page when they're talking with each other. "I might seem weird, but in truth, I'm just a fool."

She felt bad for a moment when she thought that he took it seriously and she looked at him to tell him she's just kidding around when he said, "Remembered that girl I told you about that night when you doze off on me?" He said, obviously teasing her about that night, making her flush for a second. "I was just so sleepy, okay?" She puffed her cheeks out and sighed, "Why? What about her?" She asked, feeling her stomach churn for some reason. 

"You know what people say? When a person turns a fool just because they fell in love?" He asked and rather than focusing on his question, she wondered why he was suddenly asking her that. Nevertheless, she nodded and waited for him to continue. A small smile graced his lips. "I didn't know I'll be victim of it too." 

She wondered if he'd gone crazy because who wanted to be called a fool but look happy at the same time? But then she understood what he meant because many people around her had been in his shoes although she's never been in the same position, it was enough for her to understand it. Even if the thought brought a certain pain in her, she asked, "You really like that girl, huh?" She said, not being able to stop the hint of disappointment in her voice. She just hope it didn't reach his ears. He didn't point it out and somehow she was relieved.

"Uhm... I don't really like her," he said, making her glance at him with an arched eyebrow. "I mean, I like her but then more than it, I love her." She doesn't know why it made her heart drop but how he said it in present tense made her ache for him. She could remember how he told her that she'd just left without saying anything and it almost angered her because how could you just leave someone who loves you without saying good bye but she isn't in the position since Taehyung didn't even look mad at all. If anything, he looked guilty and sorry.

She kept closed, not knowing what to say. She wanted to say something comforting to him but she really didn't know how and the way she's also aching was confusing her too, making all mix in her mind. "She's lucky then, to have but it's her lost to lose someone great like you," she found herself saying, making Taehyung look at her in surprise.

"Did you just call me a great?" He said, not being to stop the smile that spread on his lips.

Joohyeon blushed. "Just because I could see how much you love her! Don't think silly about it," she said. She side glanced at him and saw a silly smile on his face, making her bite down her smile. "You acting really weird right now, you know?" She said.

"How so?" Taehyung asked, raising an amused eyebrow at her.

Joohyeon took a breath, as if getting ready to say a list of it. "First, you asked me out in the middle of the night. It's not something you ask to a person who you actually don't like having around. Second, you...you held my hand," her cheeks turned bright red and Taehyung felt delighted to see he once again made her blush, "Again, that's not what supposed enemies do to each other. Third, you're being a little too nice. You treated me to dinner, you're being too considerate of what I want and you always seem to look out for me. Fourth, you're talking too...sweet. I mean, you say those lines guys say when they hit on a girl. And you aren't hitting on me, are you? Because you're supposed to hate me." She was out of breath and Taehyung just watched and listened to her all the while, amused because it was the longest she'd said to him and it was even her complaining who he's being nice to her. Joohyeon felt his gaze on her and she flushed, slipping her hand out of his grasp to press it to her red cheeks. She looked at him through her periphal and groaned when he was smiling and she knows he's probably making fun of her in his mind already. "Laugh. I know you want to," she scoffed. 

But he didn't. Instead, she saw him adjust in his seat, facing her completely. She glanced at him and she saw him swipe at his lips, making her gulp and look away. "Do you mean you like me better when I just tease you?" He asked and her eyebrows furrowed.

"No... I mean yes, because it feels more normal that way," she said.

Taehyung chuckled. "Normal?"

Joohyeon nodded. "Yeah. It's what enemies do."

"You think I hate you, don't you?" Taehyung asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Yes...? Because you do," she said, sounding a unsure for a moment.

Taehyung's lips quirked to a small smile. "Haven't the boys said enough about me?" Joohyeon looked at him with an eyebrow up. "I'm sure they did tell you I don't hate you, right?"

"That you're simply like that? Yes, they did," she said making Taehyung laugh. "That didn't sound nice but," it made Joohyeon grin a little, "the point is, I don't hate you. You love assuming things, do you know that," he said, shaking his head with a small smile.

Joohyeon felt embarrassed for a moment. "No, I'm not. You just show enough for me to know. You treat the other guys so differently. You treat them nicely," she said, narrowing her eyes on him. She felt her heart jump when a hand landed on top her head and she looked at Taehyung who had a boyish grin on his lips, making her heart rate race.

"It's because you are different," he said and she blinked, feeling her heart in . "You're way too oblivious, you know that?" He said, confusing her.

"Oblivious to what?" He smirked, ruffling her hair and she slapped his hand away, frowning. "Stop talking in riddles."

Taehyung smiled a little as he leaned back. "Aren't you curious why I brought you here?" He asked.

Joohyeon scrunched her nose up. "Lately, I've been too curious and maybe I should blame it on you." 

Taehyung smirked, looking down on his lap. He had thought of it countless of times. He had thought of it for weeks, trying to find the perfect time to tell her. There were times that he wanted to tell her during those nights they were alone but he was too selfish and he just wanted to savor the time he had with her, afraid that telling the truth would bring an end to all of it. But then, after what Jungkook said, it made him a little nervous as if something would happen and he didn't want to risk it and not be able to tell her. Having that in mind, he took it upon himself to know what it is Joohyeon was bothered about since he also noticed it too but didn't want to think too much about it since she could be really aloof at times. 

Joohyeon watched him as he seemed to be in a deep thought and she studied his profile while waiting for him to talk. She almost jumped when he suddenly looked up at her and she looked away. She knew Taehyung saw it but he didn't mention it and she was thankful because she didn't want to explain herself again and look stupid. 

She heard him take a deep breath before he said, "There are really plenty of things I wanted to tell but I didn't know when's the right time until Jungkook told me something and I thought that if I keep on looking for the right time, I might just lose it so," he faintly smiled, "I think it's the right time we actually talk."


A/N:

Hi my lovely readers! How are you all doing? I'm back with a new chapter after a week. I hope it's worth the wait. I think it's pretty long but I hope I didn't bore you. 

We're already on the fourth to last chapter, I think. I hope you'll stay with me 'til the end though! Sorry if there are grammatical and typos here and there. I usually don't edit before I post so yeah. I hope you like it!

Thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting! I've seen people upvoting and I feel fluttered even if I don't think I deserve much. I'll always be thankful to everyone of you. ^^

Until the next chapter! I love you! ^^

everyone excited for their comeback?! ><