035

One More Day

She sat up in her bed, her heart rapidly beating against her chest. She swallowed the lump that formed in before leaning her head to the bed's head board. She squeezed her eyes close, trying to focus on calming her breathing before opening it again to almost complete darkness. She flicked the lamp on to give her a little light. She touched her forehead and shook her head.

"What did I just dream about?" She muttered to herself. She puffed her cheeks while softly tapping it. Her face felt hot and she could feel herself sweating. "What's gotten into you, Kim Joohyeon?" She sighed out loud before looking at the clock and reading the time. It was only four in the morning and even if she wanted to go back to sleep, she knew she can't. Especially that she just had a very weird dream. Something new after so long and it had to even be 'that'.

She didn't know that what happened just a few hours ago got into her so much that she even dreamt of him. And another weird thing is that, after so long of having the same dream, it's the first time she dreamt of something different, and it had to even be about him. And that... She can't even mention it. She doesn't know what got into her that she even dreamt of doing 'it' with him. Not in a million years did she expect something like that to happen.

But maybe not. Maybe she did. With the countless times it almost happened, she unconsciously thought of how his lips would feel on hers. Will it be soft? Gentle? Sweet? Will it be any different from Jae's? She shook her head when she thought of it. "It's just a dream. A dream I need to forget and never remember. Oh my god..." She covered her face with a pillow and groaned. She dropped the pillow on her lap and took a deep breath. She knew she had to do something to make her forget about it.

She looked around her room before her eyes landed on her bag resting against the wall. Ever since she came there, which was around two and a half weeks ago, she hasn't touched her bag. The only time she did was when she fixed her clothes to the cabinet and after that, she almost had forgotten about it and what else it contains.

Standing up from her bed, she walked over to her bag and grabbed it, going back and sitting on her bed. She zipped the bag open and slipped her hand in, grabbing everything inside. There was only one small box but with the weight of it, it looked like it contained more than it looked like. She placed her bag down on the floor before looking at the box. It was just in the size of half a notebook and about three inches thick. Carefully, she lifted the lid and she was able to see pieces of paper again.

"Do I love writing on papers so much before?" She thought aloud. She put the lid down beside her and carefully grabbed the paper on top. It was a piece of a ripped paper from a notebook, obvious because of the ragged ends and the lines. She unfolded it and saw a drawing of a smile and under it 'Smile for me?' was written. Oddly, a small smile tugged on her lips although she found it weird. It was like the simple drawing and words had so much effect for her to actually smile. She her lips, wiping away the smile on her face. She knows it isn't her hand writing but there was no indication of who wrote it. She was sure it isn't Haejin's writing because she already had seen hers through her recent letters. "There might be something inside to tell me." Pushing the letter aside, she looked through the box and saw some stick-on notes. 

"How many papers will I find here?" She muttered, wetting her lips as a lopsided smile came to her lips. There were sure a lot of it, stacked one after another. She felt her heart beating fast as she read through every one of it. 

"What is this... Who...wrote it?" She muttered as she couldn't grasp what she was just reading. It was too sweet to just be from a friend and too personal to be from just anybody. "Is this from a suitor? Wait. I have one?" She whispered, eyes widening at the thought. "That's impossible. Joonmyeon oppa said..."

Her heart almost burst out of her chest when she heard a knock on the door. Hastily, she grabbed all the papers and stuff it inside the box before putting it under her blanket. "Who is it?" She asked softly.

"Jimin," the person on the other side said.

"Oh, come in," she said, sitting up straighter. Jimin peeked his head in first and smiled. "Can I really come in?" He asked and Joohyeon chuckled. "Yeah, you can," she replied and he grinned, stepping in and softly closing the door behind him. "Why are you still up?" She asked as she scooted a little to give Jimin some space to sit on.

"You mean, why am I already awake?" He said, quirking an eyebrow with a lopsided smile. He sat on the end of the bed, just a comfortable distance from her.

"Right," she said, sheepishly smiling. "Let me rephrase it then. Why are you already awake?"

"My roommate was snoring so loud, it woke me up," Jimin said, scrunching his nose up.

"Really? Him?" Joohyeon asked, not believing.

Jimin smiled mischievously. "Why? Do you already know him that much, huh, Joohyeonnie?" Jimin teased and Joohyeon felt herself turn red.

"I was just asking!" She said.

"Really?" He said, mimicking her and she pouted. He chukled. "Fine. I woke up early and can't get back to sleep. That's all," he said, grinning. "How about you? Why are you so up early?" He asked.

"Same reason. I can't get back to sleep," she replied, only that it's half of the truth. She can't possibly tell him about the dream she had. She didn't want him to think that she was desiring his friend behind their backs when she even have a boyfriend.

"Is that really all?" Jimin said, teasing her and she stuck her tongue out.

"There's nothing else, Jimin," she replied and Jimin chuckled.

"Fine. If you say so," he said and she just pressed her lips to an innocent smile. "So what were you doing?" He asked, leaning back on his arm and tilting his head to look at her.

She consciously glanced at the place where she hid the box and glad it wasn't too obvious. "Nothing really interesting," she said, shrugging.

"Uhuh," Jimin said. She nodded, hoping Jimin doesn't notice how nervous she was when suddenly, Jimin leaned over and she slightly backed away. "Sorry. I was just getting this," he said as he inched away, sheepishly smiling while waving the small piece of paper in the air. Her eyes widened to see that it is one of the post-its. She didn't know she missed one paper. "What is this?" He asked, flipping the paper over. Before Joohyeon could stop him, he was already reading the paper.

"That..." Joohyeon didn't know how to explain it to him. She herself couldn't even tell what really it is. "I don't know. I just got it..." She looked down on her lap, clasping her hands together. She suddenly felt uneasy for some reason. It was also embarrassing since the things written on the paper were quite cheesy and he didn't want him to get the wrong idea. "Don't misunderstand. It's not me--"

"Where'd you get it?" Jimin suddenly asked, looking up from the paper to her. She was taken aback as she opened but closed it again, not knowing what to say. She looked at the paper on his hand, biting her lower lip before sighing. Having no choice, she got the box and showed it to him.

Jimin's eyes curiously eyed the box and then back up to Joohyeon. "I found it here," she said. 

"Can I...?" Jimin asked and she nodded slowly before handing the box to him.

Jimin already had a hint of what was inside--written memories to things of the past--and not just any paper or thing but something that they shared. Something that would forever remind them of what they were, of what they are if things didn't go the wrong way. He knew it was something private so he didn't look through it but instead just opened it to confirm it before closing it and giving it back to her.

"I see you've kept it," he said softly and Joohyeon wasn't slow to catch on it.

"You know what is it?" She asked, surprised. If she knew that any of them would know about it, she would've asked them about it long ago. Except that, she wasn't completely sure if she was that confident to show it to them and ask them about it.

Jimin thought for a while, not sure if he should tell her or not. He knew that Joohyeon was desperate for answers and if he can, he would've told her everything but things aren't that easy. It's not like he knows everything behind those papers and small gifts. He knows better than to be the one to reveal it to her. There's only one person who could tell her everything and that person is not him.

Jimin smiled apologetically. "It's not that I don't want to tell you but it's not me who you should ask about it," he said.

"What do you mean?" She asked, confused of what he was pointing out.

Jimin drew a breath and looked her straight in the eyes. "There's only one person who knows the answers to all your questions, Joohyeon. We might know a lot but only one would know all, at least almost everything," Jimin said, smiling lopsidedly.

She felt something heavy in her chest as she debated whether or not to ask but she knew that if she hold herself, she just won't be able to be at ease. So without stalling more, she asked, "Who?"

A small smile came to the other boy's face as he said, "I can't tell. You have to figure it out yourself, Joohyeon. All you've got to do is consider possibilities and you might just get your answers." Joohyeon stared at him, trying to make sense of what he said but even if she did, she couldn't get what he trying to get at. What does he mean that she had to consider the possibilities? What kind of possibilities?

"That made things a whole lot more confusing, you know," Joohyeon said and Jimin laughed softly.

"You can do it. You've always been the smartest all of us, anyway," Jimin smirked.

 

Three hours later, Jimin's words was on replay in her head.

"All you've got to do is consider possibilities and you might just get your answers."

A few minutes after Jimin left her room, which was an hour later, she stayed up staring at her ceiling, the box forgotten on the bedside table. She fell asleep thinking about it for an hour and when she woke up, the boy's words was still all she could think about.

"What possibilities is he even saying?" She mumbled to herself as she stood in front of her mirror and tie her hair to a ponytail. "And who is he talking about? Someone who could answer my questions? By we, did he mean all of them or just a few of them? Park Jimin, this is all your fault," she muttered under her breath before turning and walking out her room. 

Most of the boys were already up and she could hear them on their usual playful teasing.

"Make sure that is edible!" Jungkook said.

"Just wait and see Jeon Jungkook. I'll not give you more if you ask," Hoseok said.

"Can you two stop it and cook?" Yoongi said, as he did what he had to do. She poked her head in the kitchen and smelled the aroma of the food they were cooking. Surprisingly, it smelled nice.

"What do we have for breakfast?" She said. The three boys turned to her and she grinned. "Good morning."

"Noona! You're up!" Jungkook said, running up to her.

"Morning, Joohyeon," Yoongi grinned.

"You're brighter than the sun, princess," Hoseok said, grinning widely.

"What kind of line was that?" Yoongi said, scrunching his nose up and Hoseok hit him with the wooden spatula and all of them laughed.

"Thanks, I guess," Joohyeon smiled embarrassedly and Hoseok winked at her before going back to what he was cooking.

"They're cooking a storm, noona. Can't you cook for us?" Jungkook said, glancing warily at the two boys who paid no attention to him. They've probably grown tired of the younger boy complaining. 

"It smells good, though," Joohyeon said, hoping to boost the morale of the two cooking boys.

"You're the best, Joohyeon," Hoseok said while Yoongi gave her a thumbs up.

Jungkook frowned. "It won't taste anything near yours, though," he said.

"I'm sure it'll taste good, don't worry, Kook," Joohyeon said, smiling.

"Rise and shine! What's up?" A voice joined them and they turned to see Jimin enter the kitchen, stretching.

"A storm," Jungkook answered in a deadpann voice before turning and leaving them all alone.

Jimin quirked an eyebrow while Joohyeon shrugged and the two boys cooking rolled their eyes. "Don't ask for any later!" Hoseok said and Jimin smirked, shaking his head while Joohyeon grimaced. Their eyes met and Jimin's lips curled to a smirk.

"Had a good night's sleep, Joohyeon?" Jimin asked and Joohyeon rolled her eyes playfully.

"You think?" She replied and Jimin chuckled.

Yoongi and Hoseok looked at the two of them and then at each other. They could smell something fishy between the two and they were eager to know what it is.

"Is there something we have to know?" Hoseok asked, placing his hand on his waist. The two turned to the boy and shook their heads, Joohyeon shaking hers too much.

"Nothing, mom," Jimin teased, smirking. "Right, Joohyeonnie?" Jimin said, giving Joohyeon a knowing look.

"Yes," Joohyeon said, grimacing.

"You two are too obvious, geez," Yoongi said, rolling his eyes with a smirk.

"What?" Jimin said, innocently looking at him.

"Whatever," Yoongi said as he turned around and placed the meat on the pan to fry. Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows at them before pointing at them with his spatula and then spinning around and helping Yoongi. Jimin and Joohyeon looked at each other and ended up grinning. They left the two after knowing they wouldn't stop asking if they stayed longer.

"Yah. Can't you just tell me?" Joohyeon asked when they were at a safe distance.

Jimin shook his head. "Nope. It's not so hard to know, Joohyeon," Jimin said and stopped, looking around before he placed his hand on Joohyeon's shoulder and directed her to look at the living room. "You just have to look. Look at this," he said and Joohyeon's eyebrows creased. "Hi guys!" Jimin greeted and the three boys lounging in the living room looked around to them.

"Oh, hi Joohyeon," Seokjin said, smiling.

"Morning, Joohyeon," Namjoon greeted. Joohyeon smiled at them. "Morning guys," she said.

"You get it?" Jimin whispered before he let go of her. "I'm also here!" Jimin said, pretending to be offended and Joohyeon's mouth opened a little, confused as she looked at him. Jimin looked back at her and winked before leaving her side and pouncing on Namjoon and Seokjin who ignored him. Joohyeon puffed her cheeks before turning around but almost stumbled in surprise when her eyes met with someone.

She felt her heart race as she stared into his eyes. She wanted to look away but something in his eyes would always capture her and hold her in place. She tried to figure out why until it finally clicked into place. His eyes were really familiar and now, she thinks she already know why. Her eyes widened while the other boy raised an eyebrow. She looked away and quickly turned the other away, to the kitchen, since they were supposed to be ignoring each other.

"Those eyes... It was those eyes I saw back then. I'm sure it is," she muttered to herself.

"Whose eyes?" A voice startled her and she spun around to see Jungkook looking at her innocently. "You were spacing out so I decided to follow you."

"Oh. Nothing. Just...thinking of some things," she said, nervously smiling. Jungkook stared at her for a while, as if he was trying to find something and she leaned away, conscious of the boy looking at her so intently. "What?"

"You can tell me," Jungkook said, smiling. Joohyeon appreciated it but she wanted to do it by herself and see if Jimin was right. If she was really smart enough to figure everything out.

"Thank you but it's okay," Joohyeon said, ruffling his hair even if he was taller than her. Jungkook looked stunned for a moment and Joohyeon thought that Jungkook hated it so she retracted her hands, only to be held in place by the younger boy.

"No, it's okay. I'm sorry I reacted that way. I was just...surprised," Jungkook said, giving her a lopsided smile as he let go of her hand. Joohyeon nodded in understanding with a small smile. 

Then as she looked at him, she wondered if he was the one who Jimin was talking about. It would also make sense because Jungkook talks as if he knew a lot about her since they met each other. He was also the one who would often approach her and stay by her side. 

"Is it you?" She muttered unconsciously and Jungkook raised an eyebrow.

"Me?" Jungkook asked, confused. Joohyeon shook her head and grimaced.

"Nothing," she replied. She was about to leave when she remembered something and she faced him. "Can I ask something, Kook?" She asked and Jungkook nodded.

"Sure. What is it?"

"I saw your parents in my party last time but I didn't see you. Did you, by any chance, go there?" She asked, hoping she wasn't acting so weird by asking that out of the blue.

"Oh, that," Jungkook said, scratching his neck. "I did but...I kind of had to leave early I wasn't able to see you. Sorry for that," he said, smiling apologetically. Jungkook noticed the change in the girl's expression and he thought that she disappointed her then. "Hey, you're not mad, are you? I really didn't mean to leave. I really wanted to see you, you know--"

"It's okay, Kook," Joohyeon said, smiling at him. "Thank you for answering me," she said, grinning but Jungkook still felt bad and Joohyeon knew it so she nudged him on the side. "Cheer up. It's really nothing. I'm not mad," she said and Jungkook slowly smiled as he knew she was sincere.

"Breakfast's ready!" Hoseok shouted from the kitchen. Jungkook's face automatically turned into a frown and Joohyeon chuckled.

"It won't be that bad. C'mon," she said, patting him on the back before walking to the dinning area.

As she turned her back around, she bit her lower lip. "Then it's possible that it's him... Why am I thinking of him again? Aigoo..." 


A/N:

Hi chingus! How are you all doing? A short update to not keep you all waiting! This following week I'm on break so I might be able to update a little faster. ^^

I know you thought it was the 'real' thing but things can't be that easy, right? I'm also looking forward to that moment but it's not yet time so let's wait for a little more. At least she's starting to put the pieces together and have the answers to her questions and then who knows, she might just figure out who Taehyung really is. ^^

The comments on the previous chapters surprised me that I know that I should really update. Really, thank you for commenting! I really appreciate it! I'll try to do better to live up to your expectations! I'll update as soon as I can!

Thank you for reading, subscribing, and commenting! Love you guys!