036

One More Day

Days after that, Joohyeon can't help but give meaning in everything the boys did. Well, not literally all but those that could lead to the answer she needed. She can't help it because now, she could say that she's near to having her answers.

But there's still one thing that hinders her, and that's Taehyung. They still haven't reconciled and it's hard as it would always cross her mind distracting her from what she should be doing. They continued to not talk with each other when the other boys could obviously see that they were tired of their cat and mouse chase. And that's why the boys thought of a plan giving the two just a little time to realize how they practically wanted to talk to each other.

It was morning and Joohyeon woke up with a start. She was in charge of cooking breakfast that day so she woke up a little earlier but stared at the ceiling for more than she used to before getting up. 

"I'll be cooking with him," she muttered under her breath. She felt her heart beating fast again and she hit it softly, hoping to calm it down. "It's going to be okay. It's not like he'll be helping, anyway," she told herself before nodding and pressing her lips to a thin smile. 

She walked out of her room was surprised to see all the boys already up and lounging in the living room. What she noticed though were the sullen looks they have on their faces. She suddenly felt her heart beat quicken as she approached them. She feels like something not good happened.

"Good morning guys?" She greeted although it was more of a question. The boys lazily nodded although they tried to smile up at her. She looked at all their faces once again and noticed that Namjoon and Taehyung were the only ones not around. "You guys are up early. Is everything...okay?" She asked.

She noticed the boys exchange looks before Seokjin stood up and approached her. "You guys are acting odd," she said and Seokjin smiled sadly.

"The thing is..." Seokjin began and Joohyeon began feeling nervous. "Taehyung..." Seokjin said and Joohyeon felt her heart beat go faster than ever.

"Why, what happened?" She asked, eyes widening a little. The boys watching and listening to their conversation held back the smiles and laughters as they could see how their plan is working.

"He had to leave," Jimin continued for Seokjin and Joohyeon looked at him surprise evident on her face.

"What do you mean?" She asked, confused.

"Haejin called us and told us that Taehyung probably needs to go home already. His parents are already looking for him... Namjoon drove him back," Seokjin said and Joohyeon was too surprised to say a thing.

"We don't know when he'll be back or if ever he'll come back. His parents are kinda strict. We were even surprised he stayed long here," Jungkook said, sadly. The boys were in awe at how perfect his acting was. 

Joohyeon felt her heart drop. She doesn't know why it saddened her when she heard that but it definitely shocked her and hurt her all the same. She didn't expect it and when she heard that Taehyung stayed despite knowing his parents would most probably get mad at him, she felt touched and guilty at the same time. She felt as if she'd been acting ungrateful to him even after the sacrifice he made just to help her. It actually still baffles her why Taehyung came with them if he looked like he hated her but it didn't really matter that moment as what filled her was regret.

The boys just watched her and cheered internally when they could see Joohyeon's reaction. They knew it. Joohyeon really isn't good at hiding her feelings, the reason why the boys easily knew that she liked Taehyung before. It was only Taehyung who was oblivious to see it and Joohyeon not noticing that the boy is head over heels for her. Like the saying goes, the two people in love with each other are the only ones who can't see it but the world around them does. 

"I see. That's okay. I don't want to hold him back," she said and forced on a smile. She regretted the lost days when they could've spent it talking with each other. At that point, she thought, it doesn't even matter that he would just . It was okay as long as he's there because, "Honestly, it won't be the same without him," she thought.

She looked up when she felt someone hold her shoulder. Yoongi smiled down at her. "If you're worried that he's still mad at you, then don't. Like we said, he'll never get mad, especially at you," he said and she just smiled a little.

"It doesn't matter...anyway. I mean, he hates me and we don't get along well either so...yeah," she said and forced on another smile. The boys just watched her, wanting to tell her how wrong she is but held themselves back. "Anyway, I'll prepare breakfast already," she said before smiling and walking away.

The boys looked at each other as soon as she disappeared off to the kitchen and Seokjin shook his head. "Are we going to go back to that day all over again?" The other five boys shrugged and sighed.

"Maybe. It looks like it," Hoseok said.

 

For the rest of the day, they watched Joohyeon and saw how what they said affected her greatly. She tried to act normal but it didn't really work, especially with the boys. They know her too well to even be convinced. If only she'll just admit that she didn't want him to go, then it would've been easier but they knew it won't be that easy, especially with those two.

 

"Do we really have to go?" Taehyung asked as he sat on the passenger's seat. "My parents know about it. And it was perfectly fine by them."

Namjoon wanted to put something in his mounth just to shut him up because he had been blabbering for the past hour and it was distracting him. He understood that his friend just didn't want to leave Joohyeon but then, time is running and if he continued to act like he is, it's going to be a waste.

"Hyung," Taehyung whined once more and it finally drove him to his edge as he stopped at roadside, making Taehyung suddenly jerk forward. "Hey. That was dangerous."

"Because you're too noisy!" Namjoon said and Taehyung pressed his lips together knowing that the older one is already annoyed. It wasn't really his intention but it happened anyway. "Don't you understand?" Namjoon breathed and Taehyung innocently shook his head.

"Understand what?"

Namjoon sighed, calming. "This. What we are doing," he said.

"What do you mean?" He asked, now getting confused. Weren't they just going back because of the rotation?

"Damn, Taehyung, are you stupid or dumb, or both?" Namjoon said, arching an eyebrow at the other boy who frowned.

"Yah! Of course not!" 

"Then prove it!" Namjoon said. "Time is running, Taehyung. We understand why you're doing this and we're happy because finally, Joohyeon is reacting to you like how she used to but you can't keep on doing the same thing because it won't get you far, don't you understand? If you keep on ignoring her, what do you think will she remember? Don't wait 'til what you're doing bites you in your ," Namjoon said, finally shutting up Taehyung. He leaned on his seat for a while before finally turning the engine once more. "One day. Think things over and over again then come back."

 

Joohyeon stayed in her room for half the afternoon and decided to go over the box once again to get her mind off of things. 

"That boy, why does he always make me feel this way? Make me do things like this? He's making me insane!" She muttered under her breath.

She grabbed the small box again and opened it, rereading the sticky notes she already read and reading the ones she hadn't before. All the notes still gave her the same feeling. Her heart was still fluttering and it would still make her smile, making her feel better after the news that morning. Her curiosity of who wrote it grew more. She suddenly started doubting her brother's words even if she knew that it's impossible.

"Oppa wouldn't lie to me, right?" She thought to herself, and it scared her that she might be wrong.

She trusts her brother more than anyone. She believed him when he said that going to America will be better for them. She didn't question him when he said that life in America would be better than in Korea. Maybe it was because she couldn't even remember anything that she trusted his words back then, because those are the only things she could depend on when she felt empty. Lastly, she didn't think her brother was lying when she asked if she had any special relationship with anybody and he said no because she knows how she isn't allowed to have any boyfriends until she graduates. But now, looking at all the notes, she knew he lied. And it hurts her because it's his brother, the ever honest and good brother of hers. How can he lie about something like this? Right now, she felt as if everything she knew and believed were lies.

Before she knew it, her tears were already streaming down her face. She tried to wipe it away but it just wouldn't stop. She bit her finger to stop herself from sobbing but it didn't help. A knock came a little later and she hastily wiped her tears away.

"Joohyeon?" A voice came from the other side.

"Yes?" She asked, steadying her voice.

"Are you okay?" It was Yoongi.

She took a deep breath and nodded. "I'm okay."

There was silence for a while before Yoongi said, "Can I come in?" He looked at Seokjin who happened to pass by and stop. The latter raised an eyebrow and he shrugged.

She hesitated but knew it'll get more suspicious if she wouldn't let him in so she said, "Okay. Wait a minute." She tried to fix herself and placed the box away in the drawer. She wiped her face.

"Can I already come in?" Yoongi asked, getting worried because usually Joohyeon wouldn't take long before she open the door. When he still didn't receive an answer, he looked at Seokjin who nodded before he already decided to open the door and peek in, only to see Joohyeon rubbing her eyes. His eyes widened as he let himself in and approach her. "Hey, are you okay? Why are you crying?" Seokjin followed after.

"What happened?" Seokjin asked, worried.

She tried to hold in her tears as she shook her head but it didn't help as tears streamed down her face again. Yoongi immediately went to hug her, rubbing her back. Seokjin and Yoongi just kept quiet and let her cry. They don't know how long it was when everybody already gathered in her room and by the door when they heard someone crying. Joohyeon moved away, her head bowed, feeling embarrassed to be caught crying by all the boys.

"I'm sorry," she said softly, wiping the remaining tears away.

"Don't say sorry. It's okay," Seokjin said, patting her softly on the shoulder.

"Still. Sorry I had to cry in front of you guys," she said, biting her lower lip.

"It's nothing to worry, noona. We all cry," Jungkook said, grinning to assure her.

"Do you need to let out anything? We're here," Hoseok said, smiling up.

"You can tell us anything," Jimin said. 

She didn't know how to respond because honestly, she wanted to talk to someone but at the same time didn't. She doesn't know how she will tell them if ever. She shook her head and smiled. "Thank you but I think I'm already okay after crying," she said, grinning hoping to reassure them. The boys smiled a little and Yoongi ruffled her hair.

"Just remember we're always here, okay?" He said and she nodded.

"I will," she said. The boys looked at each other before Seokjin nodded and they all got the message.

"We'll just be outside if you need anything," Hoseok said.

"Don't worry about me and just do whatever you guys want. I'm okay," she said, smiling.

"Alright. We'll leave you for now," Jimin said and she nodded. The boys one by one exited the room, Seokjin going last but before he was out, Joohyeon called him.

"Well that was fast for someone who didn't need anything," Seokjin joked and she felt herself turn pink. "I'm just joking. Do you need anything?" He asked, grinning.

"Uhm... Can I borrow the cellphone? I just...wanted to give a call if it's okay," she said and Seokjin smiled, nodding.

"Of course. Here. Take how long you want," he said as he took the cellphone from his pocket and handed it to her.

"Thank you," she said as she took the cellphone. Seokjin nodded before leaving the room and closing the door behind him.

She walked to her bed and unlocked the phone. She thought of it for a while. Even if she told the guys that she was okay, she knew still needed someone to talk to. It was a trait of her she can't get rid off. After hesitating for a while, she finally dialled the number and placed the device to her ear. It rang for a couple of times before finally, someone answered it. 

"Hello?"

"It's me, Joohyeon."

 

Taehyung was dropped off his house just before lunch time. He had kept quiet for the rest of the ride after what Namjoon told him. It made him think of his actions for the past few days and realized that Namjoon was right that he's already wasting a lot of time. He doesn't even know why he is doing it.

Sighing, he walked to their gate and opened it with his own key. He doubts anyone of his parents were around since today was a weekday and they would be busy in their work. He unlocked their door and went in. He left the lights off as he removed his shoes and stared at their house which he hadn't seen for a while. Somehow, he missed it. He hadn't left their house for that long before so it was just natural to miss it. He sighed before going up his room and dropping his bag by the door. He locked his door before walking to his bed and dropping down on it.

He sighed on it before turning his head to the side, facing the wall on the opposite side of his room. It's where his desk sat and he could see a picture frame of him with his friends which was taken long ago but after Joohyeon disappeared. All his pictures with her was kept in a box. He did it during the time when he thought that removing everything that could remind him of her would help him get over her but it didn't really help at all since his room itself reminds him of her. It's as if telling him that he couldn't forget her, that he shouldn't, and now he gets why. She came back and she needed him. It may not be in a romantic way like before but she needed him to be there and that was enough.

He sat up from his bed and stood, walking over to where he hid the box. At the farthest corner of his room, hidden from sight, lied the box. He bent down, grabbing it before settling it down in the middle of his room. The top of the box was already dusty and he blew on it, almost choking on the dusts as it flew. He stared at it for a while, taking a deep breath. He knew what opening the box would make him but like Namjoon said, he needs to think over things again and get his head straight and by looking back to their memories, he knows it could somehow lift his mood up after being forced to leave Joohyeon's side, although he couldn't really blame them.

As soon as he saw the contents of the box, memories came rushing to him, making his eyes prick with tears. He sniffed and blinked the tears away. He took the frame that lied on top of the pile and dusted it off. It was a picture of them with their whole gang of friends during a school camp-out where anybody from the tenth, juniors and seniors level could come, making it possible for Jungkook to come. It was taken before they even confessed their feelings for each other but it held so much memory in it because it was when things started to change for him.

 

The buses parked at school's front lawn as students stood around with their friends. It was the day of the school camp trip and everybody was excited because they could finally get a break from all the stress in school and have some fun. Adding to that, all the students were mixed up and allowed to stay with whoever they want during the bus ride.

The seven boys were excitedly chatting while Joohyeon and Haejin talked to each other.

"Isn't this nice?! We could all be together in a bus!" Jungkook exclaimed.

"But I'm not sitting with you. You're too loud," Jimin said. Jungkook pouted while the others laughed.

"Who said I'm going to sit with you," Jungkook said before looking around and spotting Joohyeon whose eyes widened at him. Taehyung saw it and he felt something tug in him. "I'm going to sit with Joohyeon noona!" He said while the boys looked at Joohyeon who was surprised. She looked at the boys then at Haejin who just smirked, shrugging. "We can sit together on the ride home," Haejin reassured.

"Sure," Joohyeon said finally facing Jungkook and smiling. Jungkook beamed. "I have a partner now!" He boasted while the boys snorted.

"Good luck with him, Joohyeon," Yoongi said while Jungkook just stuck his tongue out on them. Taehyung pretended to be indifferent as he looked around although deep inside, a brewing feeling called jealousy is building. He was too stubborn to admit it.

They all looked up when they heard the teachers call their attention. Soon, they were boarding the bus. They took the seats near the back although Namjoon ended up sitting with someone else because he lost the game earlier. Jungkook and Joohyeon sat at one side and opposite them sat Jimin and Taehyung. At their back sat Yoongi with Seokjin and opposite them was Haejin and Hoseok. Joohyeon took the window side and Jungkook didn't complain because he knows that Joohyeon likes sitting there.

From the opposite seats, Taehyung watched and only snapped out of his gaze when Jimin smirked. "You were too slow. Look, our maknae got her," he said and Taehyung scoffed. "Suit herself." Jimin arched an eyebrow at him. "Are you still denying it?" Taehyung narrowed his eyebrows at him. "How many times--" Jimin cut him off, continuing what he wanted to say like he'd memorized it already. "Do I have to tell you that I don't like her? Please Taehyung. Are you dumb or what? It's way too obvious already!"

Taehyung felt his cheeks turn warm. He looks away to the window. "I don't like her," he said with finality. Jimin shook his head. "Fine. Whatever you say. Just don't come running to me when it's already too late," Jimin said, shrugging and Taehyung pressed his lips together. "That wouldn't happen." Jimin smirked. "Let's see."

It was a three hours drive to the camp site and some of them had already drifted off to sleep. Taehyung stayed awake though while Jimin dozed beside him. He tried to glance at the other boys and found all of them asleep. He couldn't blame them because they were called to school really early. His eyes landed on the seats opposite his and found Jungkook sleeping on Joohyeon's shoulder while Joohyeon stared outside the window, earphones stuck in her ears like him. He felt something tug inside him as he saw them but swallowed it down.

He found himself staring at her. She looked really peaceful unlike when they meet each other and all they did was bicker. He knows it's always his fault but he just loves teasing her and seeing her reactions to it. He doesn't know why. He felt his heart beat race as Joohyeon suddenly turned and their eyes met. They stared at each other for a few seconds before he looked away. He unconsciously held his chest and shook his head. "It can't be... This can't be..."

Finally, after three hours on the road, they finally reached their destination. They got down the bus with their things and was welcomed by a vast field for camping. There were murmurs around and squeals of joy but he found himself looking at a specific girl who was smiling with his friend. He suddenly felt his stomach twist and he looked away, only to meet Seokjin's gaze who smirked at him. He cleared his throat and looked away.

The teachers called for their attention and they looked forward to the teachers.

"Now, since we all allowed you to bus with whoever you want, it's our turn now," Mr. Park said, earning grunts from the students. "We still need to maintain order so we've already grouped you all on who you will be tenting with." Groans came from the students and the teachers tried to keep them quiet. "Now, now, let's not be stubborn. This is not for nothing. So without further adieu," he said and looked at the paper in his hands before starting to recite names. 

"Jeon Jungkook, Kim Taehyung, and... Jung Daehyun." 


A/N:

Hi my lovely readers! How are you all doing? Another update for the week! What do you think about this chapter? ^^

I decided to cut this chapter to it's kind of a cliffhanger but I had to because it's way too long if I won't. I'll update the second part soon so wait for it! I'm just typing it up! ^^

Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing! Your comments always boosts me up. Love you guys!