01

One More Day

The cramped place was bustling with music and bodies relentlessly moving to the beat. She could clearly hear it from the outside, and she gulped, holding on her phone tightly. People who hang out outside the bar watched her, saying words like, "What is a girl like her doing here? Does she know what place this is?" and "Wow. That would be a nice catch." She winced.

Her hands was shaking at her side, a sign of how scared she was but she couldn't wouldn't leave unless she got what, or in this case who she came for. She took a couple of deep breaths then walked towards the entrance but before she should even take a step on the carpeted entrance, she was immediately blocked by two guys, taking her aback.

"Sorry little girl. Underaged are not allowed." Her jaw tightened, annoyed even though she knew they were right because of the fact that clearly, someone who is a minor was able to slip in.

"Underaged? What happened to the underage rule with my boyfriend?" 

Having only one thought in mind, even if she wasn't used in doing it, she took all her courage and said, "I-I'm not underaged," but still, it went out shaky which totally didn't help. She swallowed the lump that formed in . The two guys just smirked at her and shook their heads. They ignored her right after and she just felt like tearing up.

She doesn't know what got into her but it was the only thing she could think of after being busted and probably out of desparateness, she pleaded, "Sir, my boyfriend is inside. I just need to get him, please." But the two guys still shook their heads firmly.

"You can't go in or we'll be held responsible for it," one of the big bulky guys said and her fist curled at her side, her knuckles turning white. She was losing hope when a voice spoke behind her.

"Let her in." She looked up and her eyes widened in surprise.

"Fannie Oppa!" The said guy gave her a stern look. "I-I mean, Kris oppa." She let out a small smile, the slowly fading hope coming alive inside her.

"But sir--"

"She's on me. Let's go," Kris said as he held her on the arm and the two guards had no choice but to let them in since Kris is one of their VIPs and a very close friend of the owner.

As soon as they were in, her nose picked up the smell of liquor and she scrunched her nose. She hates the smell of liquor and she doesn't even dare to drink one although she had tasted it due to some occassions where she had to, but other than that, she won't even give it a chance. Her eyes turned into slits when the lights hit her. She felt an arm over her shoulder and she looked up to see Kris looking over the people on the dance floor. 

"Stick to me or I might just receive my death wish from your brother, huh?" Kris said looking down at her and she nodded, feeling sorry. "C'mon. Let's go somewhere that isn't cramped and we'll talk." Kris led her to a staircase that led to the second floor. Her eyes can't help but to scan the crowd, hoping she'll see her boyfriend already and get out of the cramped place. Kris opened a door a little later and she went in followed by the former. 

"Oh hey-- JOOHYEON?" Luhan said his eyes not believing what he was seeing. Joohyeon looked down, biting her lower lip. He looked up at Kris and the man sighed, shrugging. "Here. Sit," Luhan said giving her a space to sit on and she thanked him before sitting down. "Uhm... Wait up. I'll go get you some drinks. Juice would be fine, right?" Luhan said and she nodded, smiling. Luhan excused himself later on and walked out of the room. The room was quiet right after that as Kris got on his phone while she sat there, uneasy. When Luhan came back with drinks, he put it away.

"Thank you," Joohyeon said before drinking.

"So tell us. What made you come here, even pleading the guards to let you in?" Kris asked, raising an eyebrow at her. Joohyeon played with her hands, nervous of telling them because she was sure enough that they would really get mad and might even tell her brother about it.

"Well Joohyeon?" Luhan said watching her.

"You know we know when you are lying," Kris added and she sighed.

"W-We fought," she stammered, looking everywhere but them.  

"You had a fight with...?" Kris asked and Luhan who knew Joohyeon very much since they were one of the closest, he knew most of Joohyeon's secret, especially those that goes on in school, just cursed under his breath.

"That jerk of a kid, huh?" Luhan said and she frowned at him.

"Oppa!" 

"Why? It's true," Luhan sneered.

"Oh yeah. I know who you guys are talking about," Kris said sarcastically, tipping his drink to his lips.

"Sorry," Joohyeon bit down on her lower lip, looking down. Luhan sighed and began to explain to Kris that Joohyeon had a boyfriend and unfortunately, they fought.

"Uhm... Then what's the connection of you guys fighting with you going to a bar? And as far I know you are not yet allowed to have a boyfriend," Kris said, raising an eyebrow at her and before she could say a word, the two young men half-shouted, "DON'T TELL ME YOU'LL DRINK?!"

"What?! No!" Joohyeon said, exasperated. Kris and Luhan was able to breathe out, relieved that the little sister of their group hasn't become an alcoholic chic.

"Then what?" Luhan asked.

"We had a misunderstanding earlier this morning at school and wasn't able to talk it out until we left. I was waiting for him to call but then a friend called me and said that she saw Tae go in here," she said, worry in her voice.

"So that jerk is an alcoholic person?" Luhan raised an eyebrow and she shook her head, trying to ignore how Luhan kept on addressing her boyfriend with different not so good adjective (that became a noun in his context).

"No. That's why I'm scared when I heard he went here. Oppa, I need to find him," she said, her eyes already glistening with tears. The two guys let out a sigh.

"Do you know how dangerous what you are doing is? Your brother would freak out if he knew about this," Kris said and she lowered her head.

"I know. I'm sorry," she said, biting her lower lip. "But please don't tell him all about this," she quickly added, looking them at the eyes, hoping that they would say yes. They sat thinking before Kris let out a sigh.

"I cannot promise you anything but are you even sure this is where he really went?" Kris asked and she shrugged. "That's what my friend told me..."

"Have you tried calling him?" Luhan asked.

She nodded. "I did but he isn't answering."

"Oh gosh. Teenagers these days," Kris groaned before standing up, setting his drink on the table. "I'll go bring that boyfriend of yours here. I can't risk you going around with these...many people. What's his name?" Kris asked.

"Taehyung. Kim Taehyung," she said and Kris nodded.

"Okay. Lu, just keep her company while I'm gone. The others, including YOUR brother will be here in a while so I need to hurry."

Luhan nodded while her heart jumped a bit in hearing the words 'your brother'. She just nodded and hoped that soon enough, Kris will be able to find him. 

A few minutes passed in silence and Luhan saw how Joohyeon kept on checking her phone and looking out now and then, he put a hand on her shoulder and she looked back. He let out a smile. "Relax, Joohyeon. He'll be able to find him, if he really is here." Luhan assured her and she smiled back, although it was obvious that it was lacking. "What happened, anyway?" He asked. Joohyeon then told him what happened and Luhan nodded to her, prodding her to continue. In less than five minutes, she was done telling him and Luhan didn't look that pleased on how her boyfriend just acted.

"I should have just explained to him earlier and talked to him but then, I was too disappointed to do so." Joohyeon bit her lower lip, a habit of hers whenever she was worried or nervous. 

"Don't blame yourself, okay? He's the guy. He should make the first move if ever you two fight especially if its his fault, okay? He should've understood that it was for a project," Luhan said but when he saw that she was still uneasy, he placed a hand on her shoulder and squeezed it comfortingly, "Don't worry. You've already done your part so just take a breath and we'll find him." She returned a grateful smile and nodded her head, hoping Taehyung has the same mindset.

A little while later, Kris came back and Joohyeon looked up hopefully but he shook his head. "Sorry but I've searched the whole bar and checked the list of people who got in but I didn't see him. It's either he already left or he didn't come at all," Kris said and Joohyeon sighed.

"It's okay, oppa. Maybe he already left. I'm really sorry for disturbing you guys." She said standing up.

"It's okay. We're your oppas, remember? We'll always be ready to help you." Luhan smiled and she returned a genuine smile.

"Thank you," she said and they both nodded. "Let us send you off. Did your driver drive you here?" Kris said and she nodded. They left the room later on.

As soon as they got out, her car was just parked at the side of the road, waiting. She turned around, facing them as soon as they got to the vehicle. She bowed. "Thank you for helping me oppas, and I'm sorry for being a bother," she said and they two shook their heads.

"Don't worry about it, okay?" Luhan said ruffling her hair. She smiled. "Okay now, you need to go home," Kris said opening the door for her. When she got in, they smiled at each other before Kris shut the door. Luhan knocked on the window and she scrolled it down. "Go home safely, okay? We'll better see each other soon, eo?" Luhan said and she nodded, smiling. "Don't think about him too much. He'll realize his mistake soon enough and call you, okay?" Kris said and she nodded. 

"Thank you oppas. See you soon. Good night," she said before the driver drove off and they waved to each other.

As soon as the car was out of sight, they both sighed, Kris shaking his head. "Kids nowadays." He muttered and Luhan smirked. "You're just too old," Luhan said and Kris glared at him and he just laughed before they both walked in.

 

 

He walked with no particular place in mind. It was already nearing midnight but he was still outside roaming in the streets. He had considered going in a bar after passing by one but continued walking as soon as Joohyeon appeared in his mind. 

"She wouldn't like that." He thought to himself.

He stopped at the stoplight and wait for it to turn red before walking again. His mind was full of many thoughts but all was about her. He recalled what happened that morning and he got more annoyed with himself as it slowly came to him that he was at the wrong side. He should've listened to her when she tried explaining that it was just for a project that Daehyun and her would be together but he didn't try to understand that because jealousy took over him. It was not unknown to them that Daehyun likes Jooyeon even before they got together so Taehyung would always be annoyed whenever Daehyun gets too near her.

He messed his hair, anxious. How was he now supposed to say sorry? He sighed out loud when he passed by their favorite fast food place. An idea came to him immediately as he went in and ordered two large fries and two chocolate sundaes. He left right after and start his walk to the bus stop.

"I hope she forgives me," he muttered to himself as he settled down in the bus.

The ride took around fifteen minutes before he got to his stop and got down. He started walking from there. He checked the sundaes if it was still not melted and luckily, it still looked like ice cream. When he was just a few blocks away, he brought out his phone to text her only to find that he already has seven missed calls and more text messages, all from Joohyeon. He had it in silent so he really didn't know if there was an incoming call or there was a message. He ignored it first and started dialling her number. He heard it ring before it connected to the voice box.

"Is she already sleeping?" He thought outloud trying to text her instead when suddenly he heard a honk and luckily he was able to throw himself at the side before the car went driving past him fast. He groaned, feeling the pain of hitting the ground. He checked the food he was bringing and let out a sigh of relief as it was still sealed. He glared  the direction of the car before standing up and dusting himself off. 

"What a bad driver." He sneered.

As soon as he got in front of the two storey but big house, he tiptoed, trying to see if her room has still its lights on. He checked his phone again but there was no reply. He frowned, trying to call her again when the gate of the big house opened and a car drove out. He saw Joohyeon's brother inside and he looks like he was in a hurry. He just shrugged not wanting to disturb her brother, plus, her family doesn't really know him as her boyfriend but only merely a friend, and before the gates could be closed, he called the maid.

"Excuse me. Is Joohyeon there?" He asked and the maid shook her head. Even the maid looked troubled and it sent him a bad feeling but he just shrugged it away.

"She's not here. Just come back some other day," the maid said in a hurry and before he could say another word, the gate closed on his face.

He stood there dumbfounded. He checked on his phone again for any replies but sighed when he got none.

He looked at the plastic bag on his hand and exhaled. "Looks like all of you will just be mine tonight." He shrugged. He decided to walk to the playground nearby where they would usually hang out and watched her window from there while eating.

"I miss you..." He said, hoping the wind will bring it to her.

 

 

She sat at the back of the car, holding her phone. She stared out the window, hoping that maybe, she would pass by Taehyung. She almost jumped on her sit when her phone vibrated. With high hopes, she checked her phone only to see that it was her best friend.

"Hey! I'll see you tomorrow okay? Hehe. Good night!" She smiled a little upon reading it before replying. She put her phone away later on and looked out the window once again.

"I miss you Tae..." She softly whispered before she leaned her head on the window and slowly fell asleep.

 

 

The following week, the morning had been buzzing with rumors which was something not really new but this gossip was sure ear-catching for the whole student body.

"What? She left? For what reason?" 

"I heard Taehyung and her fight the last week. Maybe it was because of that?" 

"What?! That's too shallow!"

Joohyeon was quite known in the school campus. Not because she was so smart although she tops her class but because of her family status. Their family is quite known as her father was a professor at one of the most prestigious universities while her mother was managing quite a number of schools their family owned.

That time, Taehyung's friends gathered at the fire exit area where they usual hung-out before class starts. Seokjin had a book in one hand reading, Jungkook was playing with his cell phone while the other four talked about random things.

"So you heard?" Hoseok said and everyone stopped with what they were doing.

"You mean about Joohyeon?" Yoongi said and Hoseok nodded jumping down from the staircase. "It's the talk of the campus." He shrugged.

"You think it's true? Her leaving because of their misunderstanding?" Jimin asked and the others hummed in reply. "Is that a yes or a no?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I don't think Hyeonie is that shallow though." Jungkook shrugged and the others nodded in agreement. Maybe out of all the members, Joohyeon knew Jungkook first because of being in the same club thus being really close to him. It was actually Jungkook who introduced her to the other members and the first meeting of the Taehyung and her was sure a long story.

"Well, we wouldn't know until--- Oh just right on time," Namjoon said as Taehyung came with a scowl in his face.

"What's with the scowl early in the morning?" Seokjin asked.  

"Do you even have to ask that?" Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"Those big mouthed girls and jerks. Do they even know what they are talking about?!" Taehyung said kicking in the air. The six guys exchanged looks and smirked.

"Excuse me Mr. but have you even talked to your princess?" Hoseok said raising a knowing eyebrow at him.

"Well... I tried but she isn't answering," Taehyung said, puffing his cheeks. The six guys gave him a "I-don't-believe-you" look and he groaned. "I did try okay! But I think she's still mad since...well I wasn't able to answer her calls when she called me first...but hey, I called her soon after I saw her calls okay! Plus she doesn't easily get mad with things like that," Taehyung said and Namjoon smirked.

"Good luck with that, bro," he said and he sighed. Later on, they heard soft cries at the next floor. They looked at each other before Yoongi curiously took a few steps up and peeked on who it was.

"Who is it?" Jungkook whispered.

"Wait... Oh... Haejin?" Yoongi said standing straight, showing himself. The others curiously walked up and just then, Haejin, Joohyeon's best friend, looked back. Her eyes were red and puffy.

"H-Hey... Why are crying? Are you okay?" Seokjin asked. She immediately wiped her tears away and shook her head.

"Nothing," she said, her voice cracking. "I got to go," she said, her eyes meeting Taehyung's for a second before she walked away but for some reason, Taehyung reached out to stop her. He wasn't feeling so good about it but he was already getting a feeling that the rumors might be true.

"Wait," Taehyung said, taking the others by surprise.

"Let me go," Haejin said trying to wriggle away. Seokjin watched. He knew he should step in and stop Taehyung from hurting his sister but he knew Taehyung knew his limits.

"Hey bro. What are you doing?" Hoseok said.

"Do you know where Hyeon is?" Taehyung asked.

"I don't know. Shouldn't you know it more than I do?" Haejin snapped, her eyes glaring. "Kim Haejin," Seokjin said sternly and Haejin looked away.

"Isn't it obvious that I don't know that's why I'm asking? Can you just...tell me?" Taehyung said, his eyes hard. His hold on her was getting tight without him knowing and Haejin tried to wriggle out.

"Let go of me, jerk!" Haejin said and Namjoon already stepped in, prying Taehyung's hand. 

"Enough of this, okay? It's so early in the morning and you guys are already fighting," Namjoon said and Haejin glowered at Taehyung who's gaze never faltered. She smirked.

"Fine. I'll tell you," Haejin said. The seven boys wait for her to say something and when she did, they held their breath. Taehyung had finally let her go. "The rumors? It's not rumors because it's true. Joohyeon already left. She's not coming back. Joohyeon's not coming back. Ever," Haejin said, another round of crying about to come but she held it in. She glared at Taehyung who felt his world crushing. "Are you happy now? She's finally gone. For good," Haejin said before she spun on her heels and walking away. 

Silence followed right after as no one was able to say a word. They couldn't believe what they just heard. They don't want to believe it. Especially Taehyung. A minute had passed before Taehyung let out a dry laugh.

"As if Joohyeon will leave me. She will not do it, no matter how bad we fight. She was just trying to play a joke on us," he said his voice slightly cracking as tears was building up. His friends looked at him, pity written over their faces. Even if they don't want to believe it themselves, they know Joohyeon wouldn't play such a joke on them, she wasn't even a jokester herself. 

The bell rang that instant and Taehyung looked up at them. "We better get to class, eo? I'll go talk to Joohyeon later. For sure she was just running late. See you later, guys," he said as his lips shake as he tried to smile. When he saw how his friends wouldn't even pull a smile, he pat Jungkook and Hoseok who stood at either sat of him. "C'mon guys. Cheer up. That's not true, okay?" He said trying to convince them but more than anyone, himself. His hand was shaking at he held the two guys. Namjoon looked at the other five guys and nodded as if sending a message, and they smiled.

"Of course. Let's go! I don't want to be late!" Hoseok said putting an arm around Taehyung. "Let's go!" Jungkook shouted before they all headed to their classes.

As soon as Taehyung got inside his room, looks were thrown to him but he didn't notice it because his mind was to preoccupied to even bother. "She couldn't go. She wouldn't do that. She wouldn't because she loves me and I love her."

 

 

When the bell finally rung, before the teacher could even dismiss them, Taehyung had already stood up from his sit and walked out the room. The corridors were slowly being filled with students but when they saw Taehyung, they all made way. When Taehyung finally saw the classroom, he stopped by the door where the students from the section was slowly filing out. He stood by the door waiting for Joohyeon to come out when instead, Daehyun with Jongup his close friend, walked out. 

"Oh, looks like someone is waiting for someone." Daehyun smirked.

Taehyung glared at him. "Shut up. I'm not in the mood to talk to you," Taehyung said and looked in the classroom.

"Joohyeon's not there," Jongup said, another very close friend of Joohyeon. Taehyung ignored them and Daehyun sighed out loud.

"You're wasting your time."

With that, Taehyung had snapped and pinned Daehyun on the wall, holding him on the collar. Jongup was about to push Taehyung away but Daehyun gestured him not to. Students were already gathering around them but they didn't care.

"What do you even know, huh?! Why do love sticking into other's business so much, huh, Jung Daehyun?!" Taehyung said so fiercely. 

"You are to talk, Kim Taehyung. Who knows, you might even be the reason why Joohyeon left--" He was cut off short when Taehyung threw a punch at him. Daehyun didn't do anything and just stood there, knowing that punching back isn't a very wise move.

After a minute of silence, Daehyun smirked. "Are you done?" Daehyun said and Taehyung glared at him. 

"WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE?!" A loud voice boomed on the corridor. The students scurried away and Taehyung cursed under his breath. "KIM TAEHYUNG! JUNG DAEHYUN!" Taehyung let go of Daehyun with a push and Daehyun wiped the blood at the corner of his lips. "What do you think you two are doing fighting in the school grounds?!" The head teacher said and Taehyung just looked away, pissed to even say a thing.

As he turned his head, he saw someone familiar. He took a close look and his eyes widened. From the distance he saw Joohyeon's brother, smiling and talking to the principal before shaking his hands and walking away. Taehyung broke into a ran.

"KIM TAEHYUNG! GO BACK HERE!" The head teacher shouted but he was too intent on reaching Joohyeon's brother, nothing else around him mattered. 

"Wait! Excuse me!" Taehyung shouted. They already reached the school gates where a sleek black car was parked. Joohyeon's brother finally looked around and looked at him.

"Are you calling me?" He said and Taehyung stopped, panting. He leaned on his knees, trying to catch his breath for a second before standing straight up.

"Neh," he replied, sweat trickling down his face.

"How may I help you?" He asked so good-naturedly.

"Joohyeon..." He said. 

"Oh... Are you her friend?" He said, his face darkening for a moment. Taehyung then remembered that his relationship with Joohyeon was kept as low as possible that the student body only know until then that they were only dating and that he was still trying to court Joohyeon. Although students  assumed to themselves that they were really together. Nevertheless, it's not the point now. He debated with himself whether to say the truth or not but in the end, he nodded. His hand was in curled in a fist at his sides, shaking.

"I-I just want to know...if...if she's coming back?" Joohyeon's brother's face turned sullen before he shook his head. 

"S...She's not coming back. She's...gone," Joohyeon's brother said in such a soft voice he barely heard it. He showed a small sympathetic smile. "Sorry but I have to go," he said before he spun on his heels and the door was opened by his driver and he went in. As the car drove away, Joohyeon's brother watched Taehyung as his knees fell to the ground, his head bent down, and if he knew better, he would know that his world was falling apart.

His face softened for a second pitying the young lad before he looked away. "I'm sorry but you had the chance. You blew it."


A/N:

HIIIIIIIIII

How's the first chapter? I really don't know if I did well on this but I tried my best. I hope it was somehow okay. I'll try more for the next chapter. I tried to squeeze in everything here so that the next chapter would be already more in the future but it won't fit so yeah, the next chapter would be the continuation of this. I hope you'll wait for it. :)

Thank you for reading! 

Comments please? ^^

See you in the next chapter! <3