Chapter 8

My Everything

 

~ My Everything ~ Chapter 8~

 

That night Junsu and Riin did not go home not until the next morning and when they reachead home, his siblings were having breakfast in the dining area and just stare still at the both in a mischievous grin on face as if teasing them in some way. Ever since then both of them seldom share any eye contact and they would act coldly; having a stern face of expression as if trying to threatened people around them warning not to go close him. It has been almost three months and for Riin, her heart has always been frozen cold having no feeling to any other thing since the day her father and brother leaved her and it became worst when Yoochun too leaved her. But it somehow melts a little as she felt nervous with Junsu’s presence and perhaps it wasn’t as cold as before by time passed. She would convince herself that no one else in this world would be able to open her sealed heart whenever her heart beats again for Junsu.

 

Meanwhile, Junsu as usual he was always unfeeling to his surroundings unless it comes to his mother and Jessica and of course Heebon, the one and only woman she had ever loved. He never thought the guy who dated Riin was in fact Yoochun. Certainly it was something that has not come to his mind for given Yoochun’s taste in girlfriend, he thought Riin definitely not his type. Nevertheless, one thing had made him curious as to why did he left Riin so sudden and not long later she received the news of an arranged marriage. Junsu was too mindful towards this small matter and almost hits on a car that afternoon. Apart of him, upon seeing Riin he would feel easy and calm as if nothing else in this world he need to frets and that all the worries coming from Lotte Group and Yoochun’s comeback will disappear easily. And maybe because of this, he unconsciously has developed some kind of special feeling for her and never did he realized his each and every moves were trying in escaping any occasion of meeting her pure and innocent personality. He was too afraid of having any feeling for her or the worst; falling for her.

 

“Inhwan,” Jessica ran towards the small little boy with a hug. “You’re back, how was the school trip, was it nice?”

 

“Aunt Jess, it was so nice.” Inhwan smiled widely. “The scenery of Jeju Island was magnificent and the sea was so wide and calm, you should go there once.”

 

“Sea has wave and you say it calm?” Yunho crossed his arms over his chest.

 

“Uncle Yunho…Uncle Changmin is here too,” he jumped over to Changmin.

 

“Woah…you’re so heavy already, little Inhwan.” Changmin carried him up to his arms.

 

Junsu just stared at the picture before him happily. He thought it would be happier to have Heebon here with them after all; it was their decision to adopt Inhwan in the past. His smile gradually faded as he sees Riin coming out from the dining hall in an apron.

 

“Dinner is ready,” Riin was rather surprised to see a small kid. “Do you all want it to be served now?” she asked hesitantly as if having a lump of phlegm in holding back her words. “This kid is…”

 

Struggling to get off Changmin’s arms, immediately he placed the kid down to see him running towards Riin’s direction angrily.

 

“He is Junsu’s godson,” Jaejoong answered as he removed the apron and handed it to Ajumma Choi.

 

“I’m Kim Inhwan, the beloved son of Kim Junsu and Park Heebon.” He pointed up at Riin fiercely then from head to toe he stared. “Who are you to used mama’s apron,” he pulled hardly on the hem of her apron.

 

“Ahh…” she whined a little and it was because Jaejoong reacted quickly or she could have fall from the two steps of stairs.

 

“Inhwan, it’s dangerous to do that,” Jaejoong raised his voice which caused Inhwan sobbed hardly.

 

Nicole helped Riin to untie the apron as she was struggling with her hands behind, “Jaejoong… he knows nothing so don’t be harsh.” She then handed it to Nicole before walking up to the little kid who is still crying. Having her knees down before him, she gently held on his small wrist, “Inhwanie, you’re Inhwan. Nice to meet you, I’m Jang Riin. I am really sorry for using your mama’s apron. What should I do to get your forgiveness?”

 

“Leave the house immediately I’ll forgive you,” he stopped crying completely.

 

It stunned Riin as her eyes widened instantly upon hearing his firm demand. She didn’t dare to look up to see others reaction and especially Junsu’s. Riin just nodded her head having her knees glued on floor not knowing how to move not even a step.

 

“Go…go ahead and leave the house,” Inhwan yelled.

 

By now Jaejoong’s fist had tightened and his knuckles completely visible white as if breaking anytime soon. “Kim Junsu, don’t you know how to educate your child. He’s misbehaving in this way and you’re staying back not saying a word?”

 

“Jaejoong,” Yunho held his shoulder fearing that night’s fight would happen again.

 

“I’ll just go out awhile,” Riin got up and gradually ambled towards the exit. “Will be back in a short while…”

 

During the dinner, other than Junsu and Inhwan who enjoyed the dinner happily no one could really eat as they were rather worries of Riin’s whereabouts. It’s already 9 plus and she’s still nowhere to be seen.

 

Placing his chopsticks down angrily, Jaejoong got up from his seat. “Where are you going? You’re not even done yet.” Changmin stared up at his brother.

 

He made his way towards Nicole who grabbing hold on his car key, “Kim Junsu, bear in mind…she may pretend to be the strongest woman on earth. But behind the door, perhaps she’s weaker than Heebon.” He gets hold of his car key and left, Junsu pretends he did not hear anything and continue feeding his beloved jewel beside him.

 

-

 

It was half past three in the morning and yet Riin has no intention of leaving the silent garden nearby their mansion. The weather has changed drastically lately and she can’t blame anyone for she was the one who did not bring along her sweater out when running out from the house in rush awhile ago. It was worst to have her stomach making some kind of weird melody as she had skipped her lunch and missed dinner. Riin stared still on the ground, mind evolved with a picture of memories. She had remembered her life might be too plain and simple and even poor but she was really happy with that sort of life as everyone in the family loves and dots her very much. Ever once she had said, she would rather dies first than their family for she wants to live with her family till the very last moment of her life but as she grows bigger, she learnt the fact that it’s impossible.

 

“Riin…”

 

The call of her name had awakened her from sweet memories and as she brought up her head, she came to face a person she didn’t want to see anymore.

 

“Yoochun-shi…”

 

Removing his coat, he draped it across her shoulder. “You know you shouldn’t be staying here all alone.”

 

“It doesn’t concern you much, right?” Riin said coldly.

 

Yoochun could feel the coldness from her voice and he knows he had cruelly turning her back to the old her, the cold and unfeeling old her. The moment he knows her back to the past, he knows she is someone who dislikes making new friend unless that person could give her a safe feeling, a certain level of safeness. Perhaps it was caused by her past and this made him wants to break off the ice. He knows clearly he had made her heart beats again but his sudden decision of breaking off had not only turned her to the usual her in fact, she had become worst.

 

“Argued with Junsu?”

 

“I’m afraid it has nothing to do with you,” she stands from her seat and was about to leaving until she felt Yoochun’s hand held firm on her wrist.

 

She turns a little to see him. “You know, I really don’t hope to see you return back to the nightmare. Let it off and start your life afresh.”

 

Riin gradually falls back to her seat, lifelessly. “It’s hard you know. Knowing that there are not much people who love you left in this world, it’s like killing me.”

 

“Why didn’t you reject the marriage?”

 

“Why did you let me go to this marriage?”

 

“We can’t even be friends anymore if you’re continuing like this,” Yoochun leaned forward having his elbows rested on his knees, frustratingly.

 

She laughed bitterly, “You’re saying it very easily to start my life afresh. Too many, there are too many nightmares haunting me. I can never unlock from those nightmare, impossible.”

 

By then, Jaejoong had finally found Riin, the sun is almost rising and the temperature seems to be dropped pretty much. He was about to exits his vehicle but seeing who exactly the person seated beside her, he halted his moves and just stared at them.

 

“Get out of it,” his said as he got up from the seat. “I know you could. Look on the bright side, perhaps in this marriage you could find happiness. Who knows maybe he would fall for you.”

 

Riin chuckled to his comment, “Very funny. Having this man, I felt very guilty as if had stolen him from his girlfriend. That girl named Heebon, I feel sorry to her for having to steal him from her.” she plays with her fingers, “If only I’d rejected this marriage, perhaps they are the most compatible couple in the world. This man, I’m just keeping him for two years. I won’t have him forever and I don’t intend too.” Turning around, a bitter smile crept upon her face “Promise me, no matter what happens in the future, we’re still friend.”

 

“We’ll always be,” he reached out his pinky to keep his promise to her and out of his control, he pulled her into a hug.

 

Within a minute, a silver convertible park lopsided beside Jaejoong’s and it was Junsu. Immediately Jaejoong hopped off and stand before Junsu, “How come you’re here?”

 

“You found her?” a simple three words, he asked him casually but received no reply but a weird face of expression. As he tilted his head, he sees Yoochun the person he came to hate the most was hugging Riin firmly. “Damn him…”

 

“Junsu…” Jaejoong had attempt to holds him back but Junsu’s instinct was really fast as he walked up to them in a fast pace. He pushed Yoochun off her and has his hand on her wrist pulling her to his side. “You better stay away from my wife or I don’t know what I’ll be doing the next time if I see this.” He reprimanded Yoochun fiercely before dragging Riin away to his car.

 

“Get in,” he harshly pushed her into his car and sauntered towards the driver’s seat without having his glistening glare off Yoochun.

 

On the way driving home, he sped really fast and the moment he sees Riin’s hand on the safety belt tightened, he pressed on the gas bump harder.

 

“If you’re to be unfaithful to this marriage, choose a better place.” He teased not having an eye on her as he drove faster, “I don’t wish to be on the headline and having dad extending our pact.”

 

Her lips were like sealed not saying anything nor did she want to retort him a single word.

 

“Why do you really need a man to warm you? I’ve told you that I’m always ready, I don’t mind after a couple of drink.”

 

“Shut up!”

 

Junsu pressed hard on the break and caused the both of them moved forward a little to the sudden impact. He turned to her to see her looking away avoiding having him seeing the tears that dripping miserably down her soft cheek. However he saw it before she was able to turn her body away. Digesting each and every word he had said awhile ago, he realized it was his fault.

 

He held on her shoulder, “I didn’t really mean it…” it was quivering and as she struggles to get his hand off her, his hand touched her face and he could feel how cold she was. Withdrew his hand, he removed his jacket and placed it on her. “I won’t say such thing again, promise.”

 

Her sobbing became softer as he makes their way back home in a slower speed. Having one hand on his left temple and another holding on the steering wheel, he wonders how could she made him lose control to his self that he would does and say unpredictable things.

 

Presented by Celestine Blue

//My everything//

 

090503