Chapter 15

My Everything

 

~ My Everything ~ Chapter 15~

 

Yoona had surely gone through the month awfully having to face Yoochun day and night ever since his mother admitted into the hospital due to the change of state of her heart disease. She has moved into the Park mansion in order to look after his mother during the night and especially weekend. Since the Christmas Eve’s party, Yoona had been putting her best effort in avoiding Yoochun and it was almost obvious to everyone in the office. And of course, given the sensitive Riin, she sensed it as well and knows something had gone wrong with the couple. The worse thing was she didn’t really know that she was the main cause to it. In this mean time, each and everyone in Lotte Fashion had been busy with the preparation of the annual Fashion month. Taking almost the whole season of spring in getting prepared, Riin seldom spent her time with Inhwan but to see herself finished her day off with Junsu more often. From dawn to dusk; in the morning she would have breakfast with him and together forgetting their lunch time, they locked in the room facing the laptop. Ever so, their relationship somewhat seems to be strengthened throughout the process they had been through drastically.

 

Having the red sun withering the blossomed flowers of spring, they had finally done working with the Summer Collection which approximately will be launched by the end of the month during the most anticipated opening event of Fashion month. With the preparation has progressed to the very last stage, the meeting with Mr. Kim had eventually brought forward just as expected. Making her way towards the conference room, Yoona was oblivious with her surrounding as she had her eyes stared on her proposal; she bumped on the person before her.

 

“Sorry…” she bent down to gather all the papers that had scattered on the floor and the familiar touch of hand made her flinched in fear. “Yoochun shi…”

 

Bringing up her head to meet him, Yoochun could see the redness in her eyes. Reaching out his hand to her forehead, he could feel her warmth, “You’ve not been sleeping well lately, aren’t you.” She just lowered her head not giving any response. “Yoona, shan’t we sort things out? Do you have time later in the afternoon?”

 

She shook her head no, as if giving her best in avoiding the veracity that she’s about to face. “I have to go visit Mrs. Park, we’ll talk about it another time.” She stood up and was about to leave but he stopped her, “stop avoiding it, there’s something in this world we can never escape.”

 

“Yoochun, Yoona…” Riin called.

 

“What’s wrong with the both of you?” Junsu asked in curious. Placing his hand on Riin’s waist, he led her to the conference room. “How weird could they be…” he mumbled loud enough for Riin to hear.

 

She looked over her shoulder as if sensing something wrong, something which involved her in some odd way.

 

“Shall we begin the meeting?” Mr. Kim asked in a wide smile.

 

“One minute,” Riin voiced. “Jaejoong oppa will be here in a short while. He’s preparing the slide show,” she explained.

 

“Everything is done,” Jaejoong came in a minute later.

 

“Alright…” Mr. Kim clapped his hands. “Spring Collection yet is another success. I can see the marketing department had worked it out very well this time, or maybe I should say yet another time.” He smiled as he saw Junsu whispering sweetly to Riin upon hearing his compliment to Riin. “Yoona’s team has done a great job too, keep it up. Continue this good co-operation with Riin, I can see the fine chemistry between you two.”

 

Yoona seems rather discomfort at the mention of Riin’s name. “I will…” she barely gets to utter out.

 

“So how’s the work in process of the Fashion Month opening event?” he asked.

 

“As you can see,” Junsu briefly stared down at the document before him, “the proposal has mentioned all the details and in a short while, the slideshow would give you a better view.”

 

For almost four hours the meeting had went on and as the clock shows five, Mr. Kim closed the document file. “I believe you guys would lift up to my expectation, so that’s all for today and good luck to all of you.”

 

“Let’s bring Inhwan along for a tea or something,” Riin held on Junsu’s wrist as they got up from their seats. “It’s been quite some time since we’ve spends time with him.”

 

The sudden frantic in her voice had stunned Junsu a little. “Only the both of us…that idea sounded better, isn’t it?”

 

Riin pouted almost instantly “Inhwan…I miss him…”

 

Wrapping his arm around her, he brought her closer to him “I miss you too, we should spend more time, privately” he whispered into her ear amorously.

 

“Aish…” she swatted against his chest.

 

“Ahh…” he held on his chest pretending to be in pain.

 

“The two of you,” Jaejoong made a disgusted face, “save that and go home do whatever you want…” turning over to Yoochun and Yoona, he asked “why don’t we go for a drink?”

 

Holding onto her hand, Yoochun’s grasp on Yoona’s wrist became firm as he feels her struggling in his hold. “We’re on a date till later at night, bye…”

 

“Woah…” Junsu’s mouth widened in awe.

 

-

 

“Park Yoochun…” she continuously hitting on his arm, an effort in having him release her hand. As she was dragged to the car park, he pushed her against the car with not much strength applied to avoid hurting her. But he never knows that his each and every move had hurt her deeply; leaving a deep scar in her fragile heart. Locking her in with both his arms placed on the car, he was determined to solve this once and for all.

 

“Listen, will you?” he looked into her with his begging eyes.

 

Tears entered her eyes; words trembled out her lips, “what’s left to talk about?”

 

Holding onto her shoulders, he could feel her body quivering badly, “you and me know what exactly had happened that night.” wetting his lips with his tongue, he looked away for a moment, “I’ll take responsibility, we’re engaged after all. So quit avoiding me, LOOK AT ME!”

 

Yoona turned to him having her red eyes facing him. She held her breath in order to stop the tears in her eyes. “You don’t need. You’re not obliged to.”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“I’m not pregnant or anything,” Yoona looked up, trying hard to stop her tears from flowing down. “It’s needless for you to do anything.”

 

“Why…we’re getting married soon…”

 

“Because you still love a girl named, Jang Riin,” she said.

 

“For goodness sake she is already a married woman,” he raised his voice once again. “She’s married to Junsu for a year plus and it’s so visibly that they’re madly in love with each other.”

 

“How sure are you that they aren’t pretending it?” she pointed out. “You and I, everybody knows very well who’s one person Kim Junsu truly love. His heart has always been with her and you know. Can Riin really replace her that easily?”

 

-

 

“Riin…” Taeyeon had called her for the third time whilst waving her hand before her face.

 

She looked up at her blankly, “What’s wrong?”

 

“I should be the one asking you,” Taeyeon said. “You seem to be pondering something very hard, so lost in thoughts.” She said as a matter of fact.

 

“Am I?”

 

“Unenthusiastic…” Taeyeon commented. Wrapping her arm around Riin’s shoulder, “my friend, what had stormed you this time round. You can always tell me and you don’t need to worry that another person would know on the next second,” she assured.

 

Riin chuckled wearily, “how I should put it in words…nowadays, I can hardly understand myself and what’s he thinking, perhaps I never had.” She then began the intimate story between her and Junsu.

 

“Hold on, let me get this straight,” Taeyeon squinted her eyes wittily; “you stopped him.”

 

She nodded her head to see her friend gaping at her. “Come on, what do you expect me to do? Let him move on, of course not.”

 

“Hey I pity him in some way…”

 

“Shouldn’t you pity me instead,” Riin widened her eyes disbelieving in what she just heard from her best friend. “I’m a girl…”

 

“Yeah…I know a but you guys are married and this wasn’t the first time, ain’t it?” Taeyeon eyes stared mischievously at Riin, “that night you bumped into Yoochun’s engagement, same thing happened in his suite…”

 

Staring blankly at one point, Riin shook her head “It’s not the second either…”

 

“Oh god….you’ve been given too many opportunities,” Taeyeon said.

 

“Whey…you sounded very dirty okay,” Riin pouted.

 

“I mean, Heebon is gone who knows when she’ll be back and she might not. And you should take every chance to hold this man by your side,” Taeyeon said. “You ought to do something before is too late, don’t take things for granted.”

 

Riin could feel her mind gushes by thoughts which suddenly pay her visit after so long.

 

“Do you still love Yoochun,” Taeyeon asked very seriously. “Honest answer, that’s what you need.”

 

She thought for a long three minutes, shaking her head “that isn’t something that matter anymore. He…is only a chapter of my history, my past.” She turned to Taeyeon, “it’s not that I fell for him so easily and forgetting him the same way. Maybe it’s because I’d devote my all to this career and having all these people coming into my world, indescribable.”

 

“You’re unsure, aren’t you?” Taeyeon pointed out, she somehow understands her.

 

“Perhaps,” she admitted sadly.

 

“Mrs. Kim,” Eunhyuk bowed before Riin. “Mr. Kim will be making the announcement of the opening of Fashion Month in a short while, should you make your move now.”

 

“Coming…” she nodded.

 

-

 

“The opening speech is taking place at the Merry-go-Round?” Riin asked. “And why is that wall there covered with red material?” she pointed her hand up to the wall that she had always admired; envisaged an artwork on it.

 

“Truth will be revealed once Mr. Kim gives his speech,” Eunhyuk smiled. “Let’s wait and see.”

 

“A very good morning to all who had presented today,” Junsu began. He started off with the theme of the event then moving on to a few details about it before ending his speech and marked the opening of the Fashion month.

 

“Aside from that, I would like to take this opportunity to give this to someone special. I have been pondering on how should I give this present to her but of course firstly I have to apologize for not remembering her birthday. I can’t deny that I have a typical wife that’s why many of you may think why I even gave such a present. She watched too much Kdrama and I know this present she would definitely like it.” He pulled the string and as the red material fall and caught by the worker, it revealed the artwork that had been painted on the wall that can be witnessed from the Merry-Go-Round.

 

Riin covered as she looked up to the artwork.

 

Taking his steps, he sauntered towards Riin. Grabbing hold on her hand, “I might be selfish for having this paint here when this place is for public but I really want this wife of mine who can think of the weirdest thing in the world, to know that I’m sorry and I won’t forget her birthday anymore.”

 

Her crystal eyes were welled with tears the moment she looked up to Junsu. She was stunned to see and to know that he actually take her words in mind. Handing the microphone to Eunhyuk, he said “do you know, what it means by the artwork. A Merry-Go-Round, a man and a woman standing before it holding hand; it symbolized us.”

 

“What are you trying to say?” she eyed at him. Many ten of cameras were capturing their picture and the flashes of picture snapping were like killing their eyes. “I understood what you said that night. It’s easy to fall in love, difficult to love and impossible to forget. And perhaps, you still have him in here,” he pointed at her chest before with hers. “So am I…I’m unsure but I choose to believe, we might change, have a change of heart.”

 

 The tears in her eyes had flowed down the moment he stopped. “Stay with me for now,” he wiped off the tears threatening to drip down her eyes. “Don’t leave…”

 

Not bothered by each and everyone surrounding them, he kissed on her lips. Once in awhile, Riin would wonder and think can she really believe in the vague saying of Junsu. She dares not to believe that fairy tales do exist and more over it would happen in her life. But once again, she’s giving a try; believing that there is fairy tale in this world as she tilted her head letting him deepening the kiss.

 

-

 

“Buddy, have you bought the necklace?” Junsu asked.

 

Eunhyuk shook his head no, “There’s a very meaningful story behind this necklace. The one that you and Riin saw, it was the last piece in Korea.”

 

“Go buy it, what are you waiting for?”

 

“This necklace was design by a well known Italian jewelry designer and it meant for true love. If the both of you are meant to be, the cherry pendant would shimmer in red,” he explained. “It carries a meaning that, this lady is someone you need to cherish as she’s your true love. I guess you ought to buy it yourself if you are to give this to her.”

 

Junsu did not utter a word but stay in silent.

 

“Have you really forgotten about Heebon, ready to writes a new future with Riin?” Eunhyuk queried his best friend and boss for the hundredth time. “Could you really do so, don’t doom her life. She had had enough with an experience with Yoochun shi and she doesn’t need another cruel one.”

 

-

 

“Ouch…” Riin rubbed her forehead as she bumped into a rather hard man chest. “Riin, are you okay?” he asked. “Yoochun shi…I’m fine. I’ll talk to you later; have lots of things to do…” at that moment, he could only stare at her back, seeing it retreating from him; further.

 

“Riin shi…” it has been the second time in a day Eunhyuk called her, he bowed “I’m here to inform you that, Junsu wants to meet with you right after the fashion show ends. Wait for him at the dressing room; he’ll be there something important.”

 

“Alright…” she nodded her head. “RIIN…” she whirled round only to meet the anxious Jaejoong running towards her direction with sweat nonstop dripping off his forehead. Holding on a tissue, she wiped on his forehead gingerly before listening to him. “Two of the models involved in car accident and we can’t find anyone to replace them.”

 

“Two? Who are they?”

 

“The siblings…Michael and Michelle”

 

Riin looked around worriedly and suddenly an idea came up, “Go get Junsu here. His height is merely the same as Michael, faster. And Michelle…who should take over her place?” she walked around the dressing room having her heart racing a hundred miles faster than it is.

 

“Right I know a girl, her body shape and height almost similar to Michelle,” one of the co-workers, Dambi voiced out. “Who is that?” Jaejoong frowned. “Her name is Joey, a friend of mine…we can get her to replace Michelle.”

 

“Quick, go get her…” Riin pushed her out to get that Joey friend of hers. “I hope everything would go on well…” she falls sitting on the couch behind her.

 

Within a measly hour, the MC took his steps to the stage and gave a brief speech and then announced begin of the fashion show. Behind the stage, Riin was running up and down the dressing room nervously having too much coincidence sprung up to her. Walked up to the model, “You must be the Miss Joey, listen…when you go on stage, your partner will walk up to the centre from the right side. All you need to do is linked with his arm. Better if you could interlock your hand with his. That’s all you need to do…thank you so much…” the girl with brown round eyes just nodded her head. While listening to her, she just can’t get her eyes off Jang Riin; the girl who is Kim Junsu’s wedded wife.

 

“Junsu,” Riin chuckled, “You look great in this summer style…” she looked at him from head to toe; from his singlet down to the Bermuda and flip flop he’s wearing.

 

Rolling his eyes, he pretended to be annoyed with her. “I’m wearing a suit a minute before for your information. All thanks to you,” he pinched her nose. “Remember to wait for me in the dressing room, have something special for you…” he pulled her close to him and stole a kiss on her lips. Riin can’t help but to smile sweetly.

 

-

 

“Riin shi,” Yuri ran up to her with a file in hand, “you’re wanted by Mr. Kim, he’s at the guest seats waiting for you…” Riin nodded to her assistant.

 

“Next we have Kim Junsu and…” the MC hesitated to reads the name that had been scribbled on the notes, “…Park Hee…bon…”

 

Upon meeting that familiar figure, he finds his way to her eyes which had once captured him deeply. A pair of eyes which he has never thought he could ever get rid of. They took a good minute to stare into each other as if eyes are locked by a moment of infatuation. Gently slipping her hand into his, she took the initiative to lock their fingers together, feeling it growing firm, a smile creeping on her lips.

 

“Riin,” Jaejoong grabbed hold on her arm and pulled her back. He stoop down to her ear level and whispered, “Heebon is back…the one on stage.” He looked down at his friend and also his sister in law’s reaction before turning to the pair of couple who once so deeply and madly in love with each other; Kim Junsu and Park Heebon. Jaejoong could only see a mixed expression of half surprise half vacant on Riin’s face.

 

Reporters and photographers who are present in the hall, gathered before the stage and explosion of lights from the flashes and sounds ricochet the hall. She could see how tight and firm their hands were clasped together as one. True enough, Junsu might have had her hands like how he is doing many times, but Riin knows it’s different; the way it’s not same. Having the seven seas of people standing between her and Junsu, the world has forced her to face the truth that she can never replace Heebon. The world has forced her to remember that they came from a different world. The veracity in the world that filled with cruelty had once again proved that the existence of fairy tale is only some kind of illusion human creates. Riin watched as the people stood before her getting bigger, it showed her how big their distance was; the gap between her and Kim Junsu.

 

 

Presented by Celestine Blue

//My everything//

 

090825