Chapter 28

My Everything

 

~ My Everything ~ Chapter 28~

 

Folding the warm face towel into a smaller piece, he then placed it on Riin’s heating forehead; a few drops of sweat were visible by her temple. Her face was pale and hands were as though ice cube. Holding firmly on her hand, Junsu tucked the strand of fringe behind her ear. It took him less than fifteen minutes after calling Yoochun to find Riin stood under the public phone by the bus stand, she was soaked by the rain. Her creamy white knee length dress almost sees through but fortunately, she wore a black jacket. Riin cried for some time in his embrace before having her vision blurred and passed out eventually. When he carried Riin into the house, Jessica gaped looking at the frail figure in her brother’s arms. Almost instantly she screamed out Nicole’s name before dialing their family doctor’s number.

 

Riin frowned; uneasiness overwhelming her and gradually her eyes open to see Junsu sat by the bed side, holding on her cold hand. He smiled, his held on her became firmer “You’re awake,” as he saw her attempted to gets up, he held on her shoulder. “Don’t move, doctor said you need to rest more. I’d informed Yuri that you’re on MC and all the tasks you’re handling, she’ll assist you on that.”

 

Riin nodded her head. “So you need not to worry anything involved the office. Rest well and when you’re recovered, I’ll bring you to the orchestra.” He caressed on her warm face. Feeling his hand which making contact with her face slowly making his way down her neck to her waist, she looked away as she halted Junsu’s hand from furthering down. “Don’t do this…”

 

Closing in their distant, he pecked on her forehead, on her nose then down to her lips before staring intently into her weary eyes. Riin could feels his heartbeats increasing as he encircled his arms around her waist. “Riin ah, listen to my explanation, will you?” he whispered into her ear. He went on as he received a nod from her. “That night, nothing happened between me and Heebon.” Silence filled the room, he pulled out and grabbed on her arms, “You don’t believe, aren’t you?” sliding his hand down to her slender fingers, he brought her hand up to his chest. “Can you feel my heartbeats? You might think that I’m creating a story that is why it’s beating this fast.”

 

“Junsu, no…please stop,” she shook her head as tears enter her eyes. “You don’t have any need in giving me any explanation. We’re…” Junsu pressed on her pale lips as he knows she’ll be bringing up about their divorce. Tilting his head, the kiss deepened as he had both his arms on her back. Tears gradually ran down her face and if it’s not Junsu holding on her, Riin might have fallen on the bed. Pulling out, he rested his forehead on hers. “Riin ah, that night we almost…but nothing happen. Really, I’m not lying…”

 

“I believe in you,” Riin looked down at her hand which clasped with Junsu’s. Upon hearing that, Junsu leaned in and pecked on her forehead.

 

-

 

Time had passed swiftly fast as another week had brushed pass them without them realizing it. Riin had recovered from her fever and remembered that Junsu had promised to accompany her listen the orchestra that will be held tonight. Due to the heavy workload he’s having, he had asked the chauffeur to send Riin to the orchestra hall while he’ll get things done as fast as he could. By the time she reached the orchestra hall, she realized she was an hour early. Having a walk around the main entrance, she noticed there were a few booths selling goods of the renown orchestrate from Russia who is her idol. As she saw a music core book, before she gets to pick it up; someone did. She looked up to meet a familiar figure.

 

“Riin…” Siwon greeted with his usual charming smile.

 

An awkward smile crept on her face as she noticed who the person exactly is standing before her. “Such a coincidence…you’re here for the orchestra as well?”

 

“Yeah,” he beamed whilst looking around, “You’re alone?” he stretched out his hand to hers; he could feel her hands were freezing cold. Removing his blazer, he draped it on her shoulders, “you should have worn more…”

 

“No,” she refused and returned him the blazer. “Junsu is on his way here…I’m not alone but with my husband.” ever since Hankyung’s birthday party, Riin tried her best in avoiding having to meet Siwon. Throughout the week, she’d ignored his calls and even when her brother called her out for lunch or dinner, she would make sure Siwon’s not around. Seeing he was about to come close to her, she stepped back again. Riin knows Junsu will be here in anytime soon and she didn’t want any misunderstanding to occur again. It had been times having Siwon becoming the main cause of their quarrel.

 

“Shouldn’t you wait inside, the temperature had dropped,” Siwon sounded caring.

 

Riin shook her head and forced out a smile, “I’d never go with the weather forecast as it never seems to be right. Anyway, I’m fine here alone moreover, he’ll be here soon. I’ll be fine.” she said and it was obvious enough she’s sending him off.

 

“Okay then,” Siwon turned around and his smile falls almost instantly as he clenched his fist fierily.

 

“Mr. Choi, shall we make our move now?” his assistant said in a low voice. “We can still make it to the meeting if you’re to leave now.” Siwon knew that Riin would be here for the orchestra and that’s why he rather passes the chance of having dinner with one of his company’s shareholders.

 

Siwon raised his hand as if signaling him to stop, “I’ll see if he will really come. Call Park Heebon…” he smirked, evilly.

 

-

 

“Done…” Junsu shut down his laptop before answering his call. “Heebon?” he was surprised to hear her coarse voice. “Are you drinking again?”

 

“Junsu…you’re really that heartless? Could you give us one more time, one last tries?” he could hear her soft sobs vividly. “Without you, I don’t think I can move on…please don’t leave me.”

 

“Heebon listen okay, I’d made it clear enough that night. Everything should come to an end at this point. There’s no turning back.” Junsu said.

 

-Flashback-

 

“Junsu, can’t you forgive me? Your marriage pact with Riin will be coming to an end in three weeks time. You’ll be freed from the cage by that time arrive and we can be together again,”

 

Shaking his head no, Junsu was determining to end off this relationship, “The thing is my heart is not the same anymore. At this moment, Jang Riin, she’s the one person I want to be with.” He was about to leave until she held him back with her strong embrace again. “One last time,” she turned him around, gently kissing on his lips “share this love moment with me for once again, can you…” gradually, she reached her hands to his dress shirt.

 

He was startled by her sudden gesture as he remained in the same place not knowing what ought to do. And when he regained his conscience, he pushed Heebon’s arms off him, abruptly. “Heebon, stop this okay. It’s not the same anymore.”

 

“It’s still the same, my heart has never change,” she cried, grabbing on Junsu’s wrist. “Do you still remember the time when we were in US, we were so happy and you’d promised to marry me, Junsu.”

 

“Listen, everything has come to an end,” he withdrew his hand from her and makes his way towards the exit.

 

“Was it because of Jang Riin?”

 

Junsu said nothing as he opened the door, leaving Heebon alone by herself.

 

-Flashback ends-

 

“I’m not coming,” he said, firmly. “Please don’t put any hope on me, it’s futile.”

 

“NO,” she screamed. All of the sudden, a loud sound of glass shattered was heard. Junsu wasn’t sure what had happened, “Heebon…” he called but there was no reply but a dead silence occurred. “Park Heebon!!!”

 

-

 

That night, the temperature in Seoul had dropped. Stepping into the autumn season, Riin often wears jackets and with the pregnancy, she wore extra clothes. Ever since getting into the second year of their marriage, Riin’s health had gotten better. At the very beginning, Riin could catch a cold easily and with Junsu’s negligence, her health worsened. It was because their relationship strengthened and although Riin didn’t leave her any good impression, but as time passed their relationship became better. Maybe it was because Inhwan existence, this little kid had somehow lessen the gap between them.

 

Riin had for almost 2 hours yet Junsu is nowhere to be seen. The sky was still bright when she had reached the orchestra. As time passed, the lights around the orchestra main entrance were . Looking down on her watch, only then she realized how long she had waited at the main entrance under the autumn breeze. It seems waiting for Junsu had become an interminable wait, something she hated. The wind had become stronger minute by minute. She sighed heavily as she heard noises coming from the hall; she knows that the orchestra had just ended. Placing both her hands into the pockets, she walked towards the taxi stand.

 

“Riin…”

 

She turned around to see Siwon running towards her direction, “How come you’re still here, where is Junsu?”

 

Riin looked away, tears entered her eyes.

 

-

 

“Heebon,” Junsu unlocked the door to see the wine glass shattered on floor. Heebon was holding on the piece of shattered glass placing on the wrist, a line of blood dripping down her wrist. “Are you insane,” he held on her shoulders and shook her back and forth. “Why are you doing this?” he pulled her into his arms.

 

“Without you, how can I move on?” tears running down her face, unstoppably. “Don’t leave me, Junsu, I need you with me so don’t abandon me. I have nothing else but only you.”

 

“Heebon…” he tried to calm her down. She buried her face on his neck, arms around his waist tightening, becoming firmer as though afraid he’ll fray into nothing.

 

-

 

Placing the cup of coffee before her, Siwon seated opposite Riin, “How long have you been waiting there?” after taking a sip of the coffee, he placed it down on the table. “What am I going to do with you? Can’t you wait inside the hall, look at your face, it’s as pale as those patients in the ICU.”

 

“Siwon ah…he break his promise again.” she placed her elbow on the table while resting her chin on her hand; she gazed blankly at the cup of coffee. “Do you know, once in a while I would wonder what would happen if I’d gave you a chance.” Riin didn’t know what she had just said would give Siwon the courage to sprung up something which would frighten her.

 

“Those envisage had often appeared in my mind,” Siwon admitted. Bringing up his head, he stared into her eyes “I’d never dare to say this to you and only up to this minute that I have the courage to tell you this,” reaching his hand over to Riin’s, he said “My heart has never change and my love for you is still the same.”

 

Abruptly, she withdrew her hand and gazed at him in fear. “I should make my move first,” she stood up intend to make her way towards the exit. As she walked passed him, he grabbed hold on her wrist, “I’ll send you home.”

 

On the way back home, Riin looked out the car window. She never leaved her eyes off the night scenery as her mind nonstop playing the scene of Siwon confessing to her. For as long as she remembers, she met Siwon during the student council meeting. And ever since then, they’d become a rather close friends. Little did she knows, Siwon had developed a feeling for her. Often, he will make excuses just to go near Riin. It was then that she realized he’s wooing her.

 

“Thanks…” she unbuckled the seatbelt and when she was about to open the car door, Siwon stopped her, “can you give me some time?”

 

Riin withdrew her hand and looked down at her hands, “Go ahead…”

 

“I just want you to know that aside from having a guy who doesn’t know how to treasure you, there’s someone here waiting for a chance.” At the corner of his eyes, he could see Junsu stepping out from the mansion. Holding on Riin’s shoulders, he turned her around, “You can always come to me.” he leaned in and kissed her lips.

 

“What are you doing,” Riin pushed against his chest before landing her hand on his cheek. She was startled by his sudden action, turning around; she hopped off his car and ran towards the main gate of the mansion. It was then that she noticed that Junsu was standing by the main gate all this while.

 

“Riin…” Junsu called out but Riin only looked up at him with her red eyes before storming into the mansion.

 

Siwon got off from his car and walked up to Junsu, “I must really thank you.” He smirked before continuing “with you breaking the promise, she get to know there’s someone by her side standing for a chance.”

 

“What do you mean?” Junsu clenched his fist trying his best to refrain himself from flaring up. He knows very well that Siwon is hoping that he’ll throw his temper just to satisfy him.

 

“Without you, Riin wouldn’t know that I still love her,” he leaned in and whispered into his ear, challengingly.

 

Seeing him driving off, “Choi Siwon,” he said in gritted teeth.

 

-

 

Leaning against the doorway of the bathroom, he gazed down at the carpeted floor. Aside from overwhelmed by the anger stirred up by Siwon, his mind was gushing with trillion of questions. He wasn’t sure if Riin do have feeling for his rival. Hearing the sound of the door unlocking, he stood still and the moment Riin stepped out from the bathroom, he held on her shoulder and pushed her against the wall; kissing on her lips deeply, passionately.

 

“Tell me,” he groaned against her lips, “did that Choi Siwon do this to you, huh tell me!”

 

Riin’s breath was heavy as she was frightened by Junsu’s sudden fierce face of expression. She could smells strong alcohol from him, trying her best in pushing him away; he makes his way down to her neck. “What’s wrong, you’ve not rejected me like now? Is it because that guy had given you much pleasure that’s why you’re gaping away from me?”

 

“NO…” she used all her strength pushing him away and in fact, Junsu didn’t really put his strength in holding her as he was just attempting to scare her. Sliding down from the wall, she wrapped herself with tears nonstop streaming down. “It’s not like what you see…I just treat him as a friend. I didn’t know after so long but his feeling for me is remained unchange.”

 

Pulling her up from squatting down on floor, he patted on her head, “I don’t mean it.”

 

Hitting on his chest, her tears never stops “Why didn’t you show up, if you’d come I wouldn’t have bumped into him and been sprung up with that news. Kim Junsu, why did you break your promise again?”

 

“I’m sorry…something came up…”

 

“You were the one who said to spend this remaining time with me,” she cut him off. “I don’t need any empty promises anymore so please don’t give me any hope, I can barely get to endure this anymore.”

 

-

 

On the next day, the sunlight beaming through the window had wakened Junsu up from his deep sleep. Stretching out his hand to find the spot beside him on the bed void in presence, he felt cold. After washing his face, he dressed up with the suit that had been matched and prepared by Riin. Walking down the flight of stairs, he noticed Nicole and other maids were cleaning up the dining table.

 

“Young Master Junsu,” the maids bowed upon seeing him. “Breakfast will be served in a short while,” Nicole informed.

 

“Others, where are they?” Junsu asked.

 

“Young Master Yunho and Young Master Changmin went out early this morning while Young Master Jaejoong just left ten minutes ago.”

 

“What about Riin?”

 

“She had left for office and she had also informed us that she’ll not be back for dinner tonight.”

 

“I see…” he gulped down the glass of milk, “I’m leaving now…”

 

Getting into the car, he rested his head on the steering wheel. He understands very well that once Riin go to the office by herself, not coming home for dinner, she’s avoiding him. “Riin…”

 

-

 

“Goodness…what are we going to do; none of the cars is moving.” Yoochun was on the verge of exploding. He and Riin had been trapped in the traffic for an hour. “Our appointment is at 2pm…”

 

“Yoochun, how long do I need to walk over to Maryanne Corp’s office?” Riin asked as she looked up at the bridge.

 

Shaking his head incredulously, he asked “Don’t tell me that you’re going to walk there.”

 

Tapping on his arm, she tried to convince him, “We’re going to be late for the contract. Just park somewhere nearby and I’ll make it fast. No worries.” She assured.

 

After almost an hour, Yoochun received a call from Riin telling him that the contract had been signed and she’s coming down. Looking up at the bridge, he saw Riin was about to come down from the stairs. Exiting his car, he sees Riin squatted down whilst holding on her stomach.

 

“Riin...what’s wrong?” he helped her up. “Which part you are not feeling well?”

 

“My stomach, bring me to the hospital.”

 

-

 

“Riin…” he gently patted on her shoulder before helping her up. She leaned against the pillow as Yoochun seated down on the chair beside the bed. “Have you told Junsu about your pregnancy?”

 

She nodded her head, “But between us, there are some misunderstandings. He just can’t accept the fact that I’m pregnant.”

 

“That bastard, other than him who could be this baby’s father?” he got up from his seat. “He suspect is mine?”

 

She shook her head, “Choi Siwon…”

 

“Just what’s with him?”

 

“I’d decided to abort the baby,” tears welling in her eyes and upon seeing Yoochun’s shocked face, Riin said “our marriage, the reason behind we’re not divorced up till now is, we’d a pact which will ends in another 2 weeks time.”

 

“What do you mean?” Yoochun was rather surprised to hear what she’d just said.

 

“I have no one else to help me,” Riin held on his hand, “You just need to lend me your signature and everything will be fine, the baby shouldn’t be coming to this world.”

 

“I’m not doing this.”

 

“Yoochun…”

 

 

Presented by Celestine Blue

//My everything//

 

091125