Chapter 22

My Everything

 

~ My Everything ~ Chapter 22~

 

“Kim Jaejoong…”

 

Looking at the doorway, he said “My door wasn’t close I know, but still you should knock it…”

 

“Cut that off,” Riin flared up. “You called appa isn’t it?”

 

“What happened?” he stood up uncertain what she meant.

 

Shaking her head, she asked “You don’t know?”

 

“Appa, he’ll be coming back end of this month, isn’t he?”

 

“He and heomoni came to the office this morning and encountered Heebon,” Riin said whilst staring on the carpeted floor, lost in thought.

 

“Riin,” Jaejoong walked over to her side, gently placing his hand on her shoulders. “I don’t understand you.” Pulling the chair over, he seated before her; eyes intently on hers. “How can you be so stupid? The very day Junsu kissed you before those thousands pairs of eyes, he had declared to the world that you’re his wife; the one he love. Notwithstanding the confession he made, you ignored it completely. Now that she’s back, what’re you going to do?”

 

Squeezing her own hands, her eyes welled with tears. “Confession shouldn’t be that way. Loving someone, that isn’t the correct way to confess.”

 

Riin fidgeted the ring around on her finger, lost in thought for the million times that day. At what point should she take off the ring, she had pondered. Where would she put it if she finally removed it, she had queried. Will it be the table beside her bed so that she could thinks of him every day? And for how long this lingering feeling will last, that was what she had worried all this long.

 

-

 

The following days, Riin didn’t talk much to Junsu unless it’s something concern her about office work. Lately, she’d been busied herself with the latest and upcoming event preparation. With Yoona helping her out, she often skipped lunch and never did she know that Junsu occasionally would approach her and peeked through from a far distance. In spite of his strong feeling for Heebon, yet he can’t make a decision yet. But he knows he should be fair for Riin and voiced out his deepest thought or the both of them will remain feeling hurt and in fact, it’s an everlasting pain. It had been four days on ends that the two husband wife has not returned home for dinner, leaving Inhwan babysit by Jessica. Nevertheless, with her final exam around the corner, Riin and Junsu have no choice but to look after Inhwan.

 

“Mami, where’re all the uncles, Aunt Jessica also not here.” Inhwan asked with his cute innocent expression.

 

Riin smiled, reaching her hand over to Inhwan’s cheek. “They have their own work to do. Autumn is arriving soon so they’ll be busy with loads of work.”

 

“Mami and papi as well?” he pouted then looked down to his bowl of rice. Junsu could see the tears in the little kid’s eyes threatening to fall.

 

Putting down her chopstick on the table, Riin held on Inhwan’s petite shoulders, turning him to face her. “Silly boy, the trip you mentioned to me, I hasn’t forget it yet. Mami will accompany you once the work in Korea are done and it won’t take mami too long time to get it done.” Caressing on his ebony silky hair, “No worries, I promise…” she assured.

 

“Papi and mami will definitely go with you, so don’t make a fuss over it anymore.” Junsu reassured. “Your mami has a lot of things to complete in this one week time so don’t bother her if you don’t want to miss the trip.”

 

“You’re going?” Riin’s brow arched questioningly.

 

Grabbing hold on her hand, a smile crept on his lips. “I’m not the type of a person who would abandon my wife and son to leave me to another country. Furthermore, USA is too far off Korea. I won’t know what will happen to the two of you.” He leaned in close to her ear and whispered “and I wouldn’t know what my wife would do behind my back.”

 

“Yah…” Riin swung off his hand on hers. She didn’t know how to react in time as she wasn’t sure should she be happy to see him taking the initiative to reconcile with her or she should feel upset for what he had said.

 

“Wait…” he with hers tightly. “I’m not finished yet. The reason that I’m saying that is because, if I’m in your position, I would do anything in order to make the opposite person to feel jealous. Revenge...”

 

Having his hands tapping on the table, “Papi and mami should stop behaving in this way in front of kid like me. It’s not good showing all those scenes to a child,” he chuckled frantically.

 

-USA-

 

“Woah…” Inhwan was jumping around as he pointed up at the Statue of Liberty. “I want to grow as tall as that statue…”

 

Holding on both his cheeks, Riin can’t help but to laughed softly. “Silly Inhwan, how can you be that tall.”

 

“Look at all those neon lights,” he turned around in circle whilst pointing each and everything he’s seeing. “US nightlife is the best…”

 

“But what is the thing here that’s suitable for kids at this late time?” Riin crossed her arms over her chest, curious. “Amusement park, is there one here?”

 

“Riin, Inhwan…” they both turned around to see Junsu striding towards them with a few maps in hand. “This is for you.” He passed one to Riin and kept another one in his sling bag. “Inhwan, follow closely with your class teacher. Don’t lost your way and if you do, give us a call and stay still where you are. We’ll be right there.” Junsu put the IPhone into Inhwan’s bag.

 

“Okay…” he gestured cutely to his father. Pushing Junsu over to Riin, he urged them “Faster go have some fun together. I’ll be fine with teachers’ guidance.”

 

“Be careful,” Riin waved her hand bye to the petite-sized kid.

 

Stuffing her hand into the two pockets of her dress, she asked “Where should we go then?”

 

“You studied here before so have you ever been to the ‘Love Pond’?” Junsu asked as he pulled her hand out and interlocked each and every finger of theirs.

 

“Love pond?”

 

“Come with me…”

 

As they reached the ‘Love Pond’ Riin could see many people was in the long queue to toss a coin into the water fountain. Riin have been to this place way back when she’s still pursuing her studies in Harvard University.  She remembered very well that she gave it a try and her coin had landed on the red square tile. The water fountain was simple, with a rather big heart shape vase in the middle and water pouring out of it. Under the vase, the base of the pond was tiled in colored square shape. To toss a coin, you first have to inform the crew and he/she would writes down to which square the coin had landed on and if it lands on that someone’s coin, it means you’re destined to that person. That was what her sunbae had told her.

 

“I came here before and tried too.”

 

“Really,” Junsu turned facing her. “So who is your destiny then?”

 

She shrugged her shoulders, “Mine landed on a red square and if I’m not mistaken is on the Red-45 square. At that time, no coin had landed on that spot. I wonder is there any coin on mine?”

 

“Red-45…” Junsu was startled upon hearing that.

 

-Flashback-

 

“Junsu ah…” Heebon shook Junsu’s hand as she had tossed her coin on an empty square. Her eyes were glimmering in hope. “Quickly toss yours…mine is on Blue-45…”

 

“Aish…” he swung her hand off his. “Can you really believe in this? What if my coin landed on a guy’s coin, am I gay then?”

 

“Sir…this is not only for love but also friendship,” the crew interrupted and she surprised them as both Junsu and Heebon never thought she was a Korean. “Give it a try, you’ll not lose anything.”

 

Dissatisfiedly, he threw the coin into the pond. “Red-45…your coin landed on that coin, she’s a girl no worry. Perhaps she’s your destiny.”

 

Placing his hand around Heebon’s shoulder, he arrogantly said “She’s my destiny…keep that for another person.” He turned around making his move to leave.

 

“The owner of that coin,” the crew said loud enough for him. “She’s from Korea. Sometimes, you can’t really avoid what that had been destined ahead you. For all you know, she maybe the one you’re looking for all this while. Red-45.”

 

-Flashback ends-

 

“Junsu…” Riin shook on his hand, awaking him from daze. “What are you spacing out at?” making his way towards the pond, she said “I’m going to have a look…” as they stare down on it, she could see a coin on hers.

 

“Well, you’d finally come here with your destiny…”

 

“My destiny,” Riin was looking at the person before her curiously, not understanding what she meant by that.

 

As for Junsu, he glowered at the familiar figure. He remembered she was the one who assisted him few years ago. “That coin…it’s mine.”

 

Riin was startled while gaping at the person stood before her. “Ludicrous, it’s not even funny. We should get going already.” She dragged Junsu along leaving the ‘Love Pond’.

 

Bringing up their linked hand, he caressed his back palm against her baby cheek. “Revenge on me, hasn’t you think of one?”

 

“Why should I?” she asked as a matter of fact. “I’m just some stranger who happened to intrude into your life all of a sudden. I have no rights in asking more from you neither do I deserve anything from you.”

 

“I’m sorry…” he said, barely above a whisper. Sorry isn’t something that would escape his lips easily. But this time around, he knows even saying this will not be enough as he had hurt her way to deep; a scar that hardly could be healed. “I know I’ve been unfair to you ever since the day Heebon returned. All my life, I’d made promises and I finally realized of all the promise that I’d made, my promise for Heebon was the hardest to keep.” She could feel his hand on hers growing firm. “You’re not obliged to undergo all this. I’d made my decision, I’ll not hurt you anymore so please stay by my side until the pact ends; my only request.” He pulled her into his arms, embracing her ever so securely as if once he loosens his arms; she would disappear in the midst of air.

 

-

 

A week later, they returned back to Korea. Junsu doesn’t need to explain any clearer as Riin had got what he meant. All this while, he had been always saying vague things something she had hated very much. Somehow, Riin felt relieved for the decision he had made. Right from the beginning, Riin knows she and Junsu can never write a happy ending. Only that one person in this world could really do that, and that is Heebon. The moment she silenced down, she would feel that the veracity of the world had once again show and prove to her that fairy tales are only made to believe. There is no fairy tale exists in this world. She wondered for how many times her heart had died in such cruel asphyxiation of imagination; how much could this frail heart of hers take.

 

“Riin ah…” Taeyeon ran into the storeroom in searching for her best friend. Turning left turning right for the third time, she finally found Riin in the midst racks which were filled with stocks. Shoving the magazine to Riin, she said hysterically “Look at this; she’s challenging you, isn’t she?”

 

She looked down at the cover page of the magazine. The hot topic was her husband and his ex lover attending a party in Incheon; hands clasped. “This is the thing that made you screamed so loud? Your voice could be heard before you enter the storeroom.”

 

“But…don’t you feel angry?” Taeyeon raised her hand in the air. “Cold blooded human, say something. This is overboard and you should do something to it before losing your husband.”

 

Whirling around to face a person she has never lie to, there was never a time she get to fool Taeyeon. Facing her, Riin could barely get to form a coherent lie. She looked at her bravery. “I have no rights in making a fuss nor will I interfere with them. Taeyeon, if anyone has to be blamed, I’m the first in list.” She held on her buddy’s hand, “Heebon, she loves him very much so is he. I’m the third party here, I’m the one came between them causing them suffered so much.”

 

“Riin…” Taeyeon offered her a bear hug. She understands Riin the most and seeing Riin in this state, she knows she had reached her limit. “You’ll be fine. Everything will be fine sooner or later.” She ran her hand up and down her back, consoling the fragile girl in her arms.

 

-

 

“Riin-shi...” Heebon waved her hand as she sees Riin at the entrance of the coffee shop.

 

Riin nodded to the waitress and walked up to Heebon’s table. Taking a seat opposite her, she wasn’t sure what she is up to this time around. “Of all sudden, why did you ask me out for a drink? It’s not like you.”

 

Taking a sip of her green apple juice, Heebon avoid having any eye contact with Riin. “The woman seated before you, isn’t she horrible? To an extent of making everyone want to kill her?” her fawn eyes adorned with long eyelashes gradually looked up to Riin.

 

“If you’re here for a quarrel, I’m leaving.”

 

“No…” Heebon held out her hand. “It’s not that. Can we have a peaceful conversation? Serious, I’m not here to fight with you or something.”

 

Riin ordered a drink and contemplated her decision for staying back is right or wrong. Sitting opposite her rival in love, Riin’s heart was palpitating so fast that it might jumps out anytime soon. She had her head low, staring on her drink not until she spoke.

 

“Will you return him back to me?” Riin looked up at her with her eyes widened in shock; not knowing what ought to be said at that point. “Right from the start, he’s mine. Everything in your hands belongs to me but all changed the moment I left.”

 

“Then why did you leave when you know all this would happen.”

 

“I’d lose. Inhwan don’t even want to talk to me, the whole marketing team look down on me.” she buried her face in her hands. “Nothing else is left for me but only him. I can sacrificed everything, my position, Inhwan all the thing but not Junsu. So please leave him. You do know that he only loves me so what’s the point of staying by his side. Loving a man who treats you nothing but only friend, don’t you feel tired, hurt? If Junsu can’t make a decision, we make for him, we decide it.”

 

Holding on Heebon’s hand, Riin refrained showing the vulnerable side of her. She said calmly even though she’ biting on her lips. “Heebon…right from the start, I don’t deserve anything. I came here with nothing; I won’t leave with anything with me. Everything that belonged to you, I won’t make it mine…but now is not the time. Right now, I’m not leaving.” She shook her head as she could feel her withdrawing her hand. “I’m selfish; I know I am…so I just want to keep him for a little bit. And then I’ll let him go once the time has arrived. He was supposed to be with you. You deserve him a lot more than I ever will. So…just let me keep him for a little longer. And he’ll come back to you, all on his own.”

 

“Jang Riin,” Heebon got up. “My patience will come to a limit. Don’t be too over!” she reprimanded.

 

“Give me another 2 months time will do.”

 

“Enough!” she picked up her glass of juice and splashed it on Riin.

 

-

 

‘BANG’

 

“What is this?” Mr. Kim flared up as she threw the magazine on the coffee table before Junsu and Riin.

 

Junsu could feel Riin quivering, frightened by his father sudden explosion of anger and it was worst having all the Kim witnessing. He held on her hand offering any sort of comfort that could calm her a bit and it soon became a cling as her hands on hers tightened in fear.

 

“Do the both of you know,” Mr. Kim held on his hips, “the moment this news surfaced, our share had dropped. Many people were saying Lotte World’s 3rd generation heir is having an affair with his ex lover and that Kim Junsu will be divorcing soon. Such an embarrassment to the family!”

 

“Appa, please let me explain.” Riin stood up from her seat. “I was sick that night and Junsu has no choice, you can’t be expecting him to attend the function without a partner. That’s why he went with Heebon. Jessica wasn’t free that night to help him out.”

 

“It’s between us,” Junsu too got up from his seat, clinging on Riin’s hand. “We’re not obliged in reporting to you.”

 

Receiving glances from Riin, the witty Jessica understood and added “Yeah, unnie was having high fever and the day after is my exam. Consequently, he has no options but to go with Heebon.”

 

“What about this then,” he threw a pile of photos on the coffee table having one slipped off the table down by Junsu’s foot. Picking it up, he saw it was a picture of Riin being poured by Heebon with juice. “When did you meet her? What happened?”

 

“If you care about her so much,” their grandmother at last voiced out. “All you need to do now is leave that woman and bear in mind that your one and only wedded wife is Jang Riin.”

 

“Whatever it is, I don’t wish to see such rumors or scandal to surface anymore.” Mr. Kim ended the tensed conversation and headed towards the dining room for dinner.

 

After dinner, Riin and the Kim siblings return home. On the way back home, none of them utter a word. Once they stepped into their room, she walked over to the bed grabbing hold on the pillow. Knowing what she’s about to do, he grasped hold on her elbow, pulling her backwards. “How long are you intending to sleep in another room, avoiding me?”

 

Withstanding her impatient, she turned to face him. “I have no intention in avoiding you. It’s just that Inhwan had been having nightmare lately, I guess one of us should be by his side.”

 

He gripped harder as she continued taking her comforter, “You don’t even know how to lie.” Pulling her close to him, Riin could feel his heartbeats against her back; a soft hum of the beats had slowly palpitated trillion faster than it was. “Stay with me, stay by my side tonight. Stop leaving me all alone in this cold room.” He pecked on her neck.

 

Close to three in midnight, the soft chants from Junsu’s cell phone had awakened Riin from her calm sleep. Reaching over to his phone, she saw it was a missed call from Heebon and in split second a message came in. At that very minute, she contemplated whether should or not she wakes him up. There was a second that she thought of not telling him and even deletes the message and if he finds out on the next morning just pretend nothing happens. But given her attitude, she can never do so and if she does, wouldn’t that makes her no different than Heebon.

 

“Junsu…” she gently loosened his arm around her before tapping on his shoulder. “You have a message,” she handed him his phone.

 

Upon finished reading the message, he sat upright to see Riin’s back facing him. Turning off his phone and placed it the drawer he has his hand s around her waist, he pulled her closer to him to feel her warmth and it surprised Riin a little to see him not leaving.

 

“You should go see her. I’m fine alone so go…”

 

“Why are you pushing me away?” his arm around her tightened.

 

“Go…before I change my mind. Woman can change easily, I doubt, by the time you want to leave I won’t be able to let you go.”

 

“I’ll be back in a shot while.”

 

She nodded her head before tapping on the hand placed on her shoulder. “Be careful when you’re driving.” Without her conscience, her eyes were welled with tears and the crystal liquid unstoppably made its way down soaking the pillow. A part of her, she hoped he would listen to her and didn’t leave but she do knows; that would never happen.

 

-

 

Junsu rang the door bell and before he could even step his foot into the suite of his in Lotte Hotel, Heebon had thrown her arms and cling around his neck. “I knew you would come. You have not change, you still love me.”

 

Pulling her back into the suite, he grasped hold on her wrist, “Are you out of mind? Why did you do that to Riin, it’s not her fault. If anyone has to be sorry, it should be me not her so stop bothering her.”

 

She shook her head innocently, eyes filled with crystal tears. “It’s not like what you thought. Listen to my explanation…please.” She pleaded with her quivering voice. Heebon knows Junsu very well that he can never see a girl in this state and easily will fall for her tricks. After so long, his heart has never change, still the same; easily can be softened. Handing him a glass of wine, “have a drink with me and I’ll explain what exactly had happened.”

 

Holding on the wine glass, Junsu mumbled “How did you even get in here?” before gulping down the whole glass. Within two minutes, he felt his surrounding as if spinning around and his vision turned blur. Dizziness soon knocked him down. A smirk crept on her face.

 

-

 

For the second time Riin had been awakened by the cell phone that night. Reaching her hand over to her phone, she clicked on the button to receive a message from Junsu. It says, ‘Riin, I forgotten an important file. I’m not coming home so can you bring the file to the suite?”

 

“Such an annoyance,” she got up and sauntered towards the bathroom to wash her face. About ten minutes of drive, she reached Lotte Hotel and the moment she stepped into the lobby, all the staff bowed knowing who she is. Making her way towards the lift, she pressed on the arrow up button. Stepping out from the lift, she ambled towards the suite. Looking at the door, she recalled a series of first that had been created here along with Junsu. Taking out the card key of the door, flashbacks came visiting her again. Her first time wearing a wedding gown, her first time talking with the cold prince and her first kiss with Junsu. It was all happened in this room. Opening the door, she walked in to see the suite void with presence.

 

“Junsu…” closing the door behind her, she could smell a scent of strong woman perfume. “I’m here, where are you…didn’t you asked me to bring this document?” and as she turned to the bedroom, she saw a woman’s skirt by the doorway. A feeling of being stabbed into her heart caused her much pain. Taking her steps further into the room, she could see a pair of slender arms on Junsu’s chest. “Kim Junsu…”

 

The familiar voice awakened him from dizziness instinctively, “Riin…” he was about to get up from the bed as he sees Riin running off but he was pulled back by Heebon. “Let go!” he pushed Heebon back. Despite after long hours since he had taken the drugged wine, his head was still in great pain. Everything he sees is still moving around; out in place. “Riin ah…” he ran out of the suite to see Riin approaching the lift.

 

“Listen,” he held her hand and pulled her back causing her almost tripped on his foot.

 

Turning around, he could see the glistening tears streaming down her cheeks. “What do you want? Go back in and have fun with your lover, leave me alone.” Riin as if insane, she hits against his chest.

 

Wrapping her with both his arms, he tried to calm her down. “No, that’s not like what you see. I drank something…you might not believe but the truth is nothing happened between us. We did nothing, I was drugged so what else could I really do?”

 

“Drugged, can’t you think of a better version of lie, huh?” pushing him off her with all her strength, “Isn’t it enough to ask her friends telling me this and that, how lovely both of you were in the past. I’m just a replacement when you’re lonely…”

 

His grip on her arms tightened as she became madder. Shaking her back and forth, “It’s not me. I don’t know what they said to you but will you please listen to my explanation. I deserve a chance to explain.”

 

“What’s there left to say? Kim Junsu, stop being so cruel.” She continued hitting on his arm as if he was a sand bag. “Since you’ve made your decision so go ahead, move on with the life with her you’d dreamt all this while. Why do you need to tell me in this way? Wasn’t it clear enough what you had told me in US? All this while, you’d always been saying everything vaguely. Can’t you be straightforward for once? Just call it off, stop hinting and used double meaning words telling me. Like you’d said, I’m a moron. I won’t be able to guess what you meant and interpret what you want. I’m just someone simple, even if you take action in telling me I might not understand. Tell me in a proper way I’m begging you.”

 

Junsu released her hand and instantly, she squatted down wrapping herself with both her arms. As she feel his hand touched hers, she got up intending to leave but Junsu wasn’t the type of a person who would give in easily. “Riin, I’m sorry. But I did nothing that betrayed you. I’m still faithful to our marriage.”

 

“You kissed her. Does it make any different, does it really important anymore? There’s not a need for you to explain. I deserve no explanation.” she swung off his hand and ran off.

 

Running up to her, he stopped and stood before her, gasping hardly. “I’m not letting you go if you’re to escape like this.”

 

Looking at him from head to toe, she eyed defiantly at him. “Wear something for goodness sake. I don’t wish to be the magazine’s cover page for another week!” she stormed into the lift.

 

“Riin,” he knocked on the closed elevator. “I’m sorry…”

 

 

Presented by Celestine Blue

//My everything//

 

090923