Chapter 26

My Everything

 

~ My Everything ~ Chapter 26~

 

-Lotte World-

 

“Are the promotions running well?” Mr. Kim asked.

 

Yoochun’s smile gradually faded as he bowed his head, dare not in having any eye contact with the experienced businessman beside him. “Well, the sales are running good. Using the promotions designed by Heebon-shi, everything going on smoothly. You need not to worry, we’ll handle it.”

 

Mr. Kim nodded his head. However, he could sense Yoochun’s uneasiness and given his personality, Yoochun isn’t someone who would put someone in trouble. “I heard that Riin often visit Lotte Fashion. Later I’ll have lunch with her.”

 

“Okay then, I should make my move too,” Yoochun agreed. “I’ll see you in the next meeting.”

 

-

 

“Riin…”

 

“Appa…” she was shocked as she looked up from the pile of delivery order forms to see her father in law stood before her. “How come you’re here,” she walked out from the cashier counter. “Shouldn’t you be in the office having meeting with Yoochun? How come all of the sudden you’re here?”

 

A warm smile crept on his face and it somehow lessens Riin’s worries. “Only a short verbal meeting, here I am visiting my daughter in law. Am I allowed to?”

 

“Of course,” Riin smiled.

 

“I’d booked a place in the restaurant and we should make our move already.”

 

Riin nodded, “Alright. Appa, you must have something to say or ask. You aren’t a person who would approach someone so sudden.”

 

Halting his steps from furthering, he took a seat at the bench with Riin followed. “Initially, I’m glad that you’re someone who is considerate, witty, kind and you understand others very well.” Riin was playing with her hands as she listened to Mr. Kim. He continued, “But for a moment, when I think thoroughly it was then I realized this personality of yours may be good for others but it may damage you completely. Because you could read one’s mind easily, you’re kind enough to tolerate with them, you’ll hurt yourself. Even so, you’re willing to forgive the one who had hurt you and forget the bad things they had done to you.”

 

Riin sighed as he held back her tears, “I never knew my positive values would make you worries in the same time.”

 

Tapping on her petite hands, Mr. Kim said “Not everyone in this worth being kind to. Heebon is someone you need to be aware and being too kind to her is an unwise decision, silly girl.” Stood up from the bench, he placed his arms at his back and added “Perhaps, I know her too well. Ever since day one the two of them had started, I watched them. What sort of a person she is, no one else in this world knows better than I do.”

 

“I believe, Junsu knows what he’s doing. You need not to worry much.” Riin assured. “In fact, Lotte Fashion’s sales are running good. I’ll assist Heebon-shi looking after it, nothing bad would happen so don’t worry about it. It’s not good for your health.” She reassured.

 

“That’s why I said you’re too kind to even realize you are hurt,” he held on his hips whilst frowns looking at her playfully. “Do you think secret can be kept perfectly without anyone knowing? If you think that way, you’re wrong. I’d gone through both of the proposals and it’s obvious which benefits the company most.”

 

“It had been chosen through voting. There won’t be any mistakes, appa.”

 

He turned around to face the innocent girl, “I can always bribe them to choose yours, but I didn’t. Neither did Junsu do that nor maybe that’s the reason why Heebon won over you.”

 

“You’re saying…”

 

Mr. Kim cut her off “Heebon bribed them,” he was so firm that Riin could only have her lips parted with no words coming out. “Tell me the truth, the promotion we are having is running a loss, isn’t it?”

 

“Appa…”

 

-

 

“Rubbish,” Mr. Kim threw the document file on the desk and it skidded down on floor. Right at the same time, Junsu stepped into the room with Riin followed behind. He could sense the angriness of his father. Before he could say a word, Mr. Kim raised his voice, “Park Heebon, is that much only you could do? After a good two months running these promotions of yours, the sales had dropped 37%.”

 

Heebon stammered in fear, “Mr. Kim, listen…”

 

“What nonsense you’re about to give me?” he cut her off. “I don’t need any explanation from you as I found it complete useless. You may want me to give you some time in fixing or think of a new plan, keep that. From this minute forth, changed all of these promotions and use Riin’s.”

 

Junsu frowned “Appa…”

 

“And you, from this day on,” Mr. Kim flashed him a glistening glare, “pass on all the tasks you’re handling to Yoochun. He’ll follow up your work, so take some rest in this mean time.”

 

“What did I do? I did no mistake.” Junsu retorted firmly.

 

Turning over to meet his son’s stern face of expression, he as if is looking at the mirror to see the reflection of himself in Junsu. Of all the children, Junsu resembled him the most. Whether it is his look or his behavior, Junsu almost is the same as Mr. Kim. He understands his son very much and knows Junsu is the best choice amongst his children to heir the family business. Nevertheless, he does know that, when it comes to relationship Junsu will turned weak. He could hardly make a prudent decision. “The biggest mistake of yours is having this sort of problem surfaced and unable to solve it without my conscious. Lotte Fashion is only a small part of the Lotte Group and not being able to handle it flawlessly, how are you going to win my trust?”

 

Junsu remained silent as his fist tightened. “Appa, aside from handling Lotte World, Junsu needs to handle the whole Lotte Group. You can’t be expecting him do no mistake.”

 

“Never use that as an excuse,” Mr. Kim said. “A successful person will never put the blame on others.”

 

Junsu whirled around taking his steps towards the exit of his father’s office. “Junsu ah…” Riin followed.

 

“Park Heebon,” she halted upon being called by Mr. Kim’s fiery tone of voice. “You’ve done much enough to damage their marriage. Quit it, if you’re to step out this room, you won’t be able to bear with the consequences.” Mr. Kim reprimanded.

 

-

 

“Kim Junsu,” Riin ran up to the elevator stretching out her hand in between the doors to stop it from closing. “Where are you going?” Junsu frowned as he pushed open the door without replying her question. Pulling the emergency door, he used the staircase instead. By the time they reached the car basement, Riin’s foots were aching terribly. Even so, she still followed closely behind him fearing that she would lose track of her husband.

 

“Stop following me!” he turned around to face Riin fiercely. Eyeing her from head to toe, he noticed her swollen foots. “Look at your foot…you can’t even walk properly and by just dragging your left foot, why are you keep following me?” he was irritated.

 

“Aren’t you going somewhere else? Stop questioning me and get in,” Riin pouted as she closed the car door.

 

“Moron,” he slammed the car door. “Go back already. Just go back to the place you ought to be and stop following me.”

 

“Let me be,” she crossed her arms. “It’s not like I’m bothering you either.”

 

“Do as you wish then…” he started the car engine. As he drove off from the office building, he untied his tie and threw it on Riin’s lap. “I’ll drop you off at the taxi stand.”

 

Holding firmly on the safety belt, she avoided his eye contact, “I’m not going to hop off. You better save your energy and head towards where you’re planning to.”

 

“Yah Jang Riin” he stepped hard on the break paddle and eyed hardly at Riin. “Don’t be unreasonable and leave me alone.”

 

Reaching out her hand towards his, she softened her voice “during the time when I was sad, you always had appeared before me and accompanied me. There’s not much time left for us to be together. Didn’t you said not to waste any of it?” leaning against the seat, she pointed out “go…”

 

Junsu sighed heavily, “What should I do with you…”

 

-

 

“Riin…” Junsu softly patted on her shoulder. “Wake up, we’d reached our destination.”

 

She shifted in her seat for a brief moment before opening her hazel eyes to see Junsu looking straight into her eyes. “Where are we?” Riin brushed her eyes as she sees Junsu exiting the vehicle. Closing the car door behind her, she walked up to Junsu and leaned against the driver’s door. She interlaced her fingers rested them before her lap. Looking around, she wondered where they are and hearing the calm sound of waves coming from the beach, she thought they were in her old house. Junsu could read her curious look, “We’re in Busan…”

 

“Busan?” Riin was rather shocked as she stood still eyes goggled looking at Junsu. “Of all places, why must it be Busan. No wonder I felt energetic. I’d slept during the journey, are you insane?”

 

“Yah…shouldn’t you feel a little dizzy for sleeping so long?” he said, coldly. Crossing his arms, he didn’t have any eye contact with her. “Busan…it’s a beautiful place but I’d only came here twice and this is only my third visit.”

 

Riin pouted as she turned around to face the wide beach accompanied by a few strong waves. She looked intently at the beach, “recently, I watched a movie.” His looked at her from the corner of his eyes as she begins. “It’s about Haeundae. What if it really happens?” Riin turned looking at Junsu with her puppy eyes. “What will happen if Tsunami comes? Will we be able to escape and what should we do at that time?”

 

Junsu rolled his eyes before reaching both his hands to his hips, “Jang Riin, very good imagination of yours. What nonsense is that?” poking on her shoulder, he said “all of the sudden you’re bringing that up. Is that some sort of cursing of yours?” he can’t help but to have a smile crept upon his face.

 

The moment she saw his smile, Riin felt a sense of relief. Reaching out her hand to his cheek, she gently pinched on it, “Right, that’s the smile you should always have on your face. What’s the point of putting on a stern facial mask as if threatening everyone nearby you to keep a distant from you.” Placing her hand on his shoulder, she said “a person will feel happy when one smiles always.”

 

“You weren’t sleeping when I was driving,” he said. “I knew you won’t”

 

“Perhaps, all you needed now…is time,”

 

He stoops down so that they are in eye level, “For once you might be wrong.” He leaned forward and whispered in her ear, “at this time, all I need it…” his voice was low as if sending goose bumps all over to Riin’s body. Feeling her body tensed up in a short few seconds time, he smirked “are you afraid that I’ll eat you up or something?”

 

Pushing him off with all her might, her face was flushing red. “I see, you don’t seem to be affected by the problem too. I’ll go…”

 

“Hey…” he grabbed hold on her wrist before pulling her back into his arms. Hugging her from behind, he leaned on his vehicle, “Stay by side. Just stay with me for now and I’ll be fine.”

 

From his tone of voice, it was evident enough that Junsu is not feeling happy. “Junsu, don’t you feel hungry? I’ll bring you to the world’s best homemade dishes restaurant.”

 

“You still have the mood to eat?”

 

“Not me, but your stomach is grumbling…” she smirked. “Can’t you hear it?”

 

Junsu smiled, “You lead the way then…” however, upon seeing her reaching her hand towards the car door, he held on her arm, “what are you doing?”

 

“I’ll drive since you don’t know the way…”

 

Gently pulling her over to the passenger seat, he opened the door and pushed her in. In order to avoid having her fighting back, he leaned in “no more buts, I don’t wish to die here…given your driving skills, no one would dare.” He smiled.

 

“aish…”

 

-

 

“Park Heebon-shi,” Jessica bowed as she walked up to Heebon.

 

“Jessica,” she stood up with a beam but it soon faded as she saw Jessica’s grandmother appeared from her back. “Mrs. Kim…”

 

“It’s been a long time since we last met, isn’t it Heebon-shi…”

 

“Halmoni,” Jessica bowed her head, “I’ll be back in twenty minutes time,” she informed before heading towards the exit.

 

“Here…” she placed a cheque on the table, pushing it towards Heebon’s side. “Take this and leave my grandson.”

 

She shook her head, “I’m not taking this nor will I leave Junsu, again.”

 

“If two years ago you can take this and leave him with peaceful life,” she had a sip of tea before continuing, “I don’t see any reason why you’re not taking it. I’ve added another million, is more than enough, I suppose.” Having her arms folded, she eyed at her, “What else do you need?”

 

“I need him back in my life.” Tears entered her eyes as she continues, “I was the cause of his change. Because of money, everything between us changed. If wasn’t me, he wouldn’t have married with her.”

 

Sighing heavily, Mrs. Kim looked into Heebon’s eyes, half pitying half indescribable feeling. “Sometime, human tends to make mistakes and once the mistake had been made. You can hardly get to turn back in time. Even if you give your all in effort of changing it, you might not get what you hoped.” Patting on Heebon’s hand, she said “Letting go may be a better choice. For you, for him or for her, this will be the best way.”

 

-

 

Staring still at the plates of homemade dishes, Junsu contemplated whether the food is safe to eat. He held on the chopstick but have no intention of beginning the feast. Riin crossed her hands and rested them on the dining table, “Why, afraid that I will poison you or the food looks disgusting and that caused you lost appetite?” she picked up the spoon and had a spoonful of soup. “Want to try some? It’s delicious…”

 

“Few years ago, I tried it once,” he stuttered as he can’t get his eyes off the soup with meat in it. “I spend my whole night in the toilet, embracing the toilet bowl till the next morning…”

 

“Hey yo-“

 

“Riin…”

 

She turned around only to see her grandmother, “Granny…” Riin gave the old lady a warm yet tight hug. “I miss you so much, granny.”

 

Walking up over to Junsu’s side, Grandma Jang greeted Junsu, “Hi…my grandson in law, I’ve seen you once during the wedding ceremony.”

 

“Anyeonghaseyo, Kim Junsu imneeda…” Junsu bowed mannerly.

 

She looked briefly around the dining table that filled with dishes, remained untouched. “Looks like these dishes aren’t one of your favorite…”

 

“Well, it takes time for him to get used with it,” Riin teased. “In fact, sooner or later he need to go with this for behaving in that way this afternoon,” she sneered, subtly.

 

“Try the soup, it’s really delicious…” Grandma Jang brought up the spoon to feed him. Uneasily, Junsu was forced to have a sip. “How was it?”

 

Nodding his head, he smiled “Delicious…”

 

-

 

Riin’s grandmother’s restaurant was placed nearby the beach and after dinner, Junsu have a walk nearby the beach. Taking a seat, beside Junsu, Grandma Jang smiled “You may not know but actually I know a lot about the both of you. Riin had been very close to me since she was in pre-school.”

 

“We…from what you see, we might looks like a pair of romantic lovers, but…”

 

Grandma Jang cut him off, “I know about the pact between you two.” she turned to him with a convincing smile, “do you know, a flower that blooms when difficulties occur is the prettiest among all. And in order to win that heart of this flower, it may takes time.” Patting on his shoulder, soothingly “I believe you and her will be forever…Riin, what you are looking at?” she knew Riin was peeking at them from a far distant.

 

“What are the both of you talking about?”

 

“Your wife seems to be controlling you…” Grandma Jang laughed. “I’ll return your husband back to you…”

 

Walking hand in hand off from the stall, they seated on the white sandy beach. “You…why didn’t you ask me…”

 

“Words expressed your thoughts directly and facial expressions consist of more than a thousand words,” Riin turned to him, she said “I wish you will tell me by yourself and not hoping me to read your mind, vaguely.”

 

Crouching his knees, he embraced them with his arms whilst resting his chin upon it. “I know you can read me very well and that’s why I say nothing. Perhaps you were right; I was wishing that you will at least ask.”

 

Placing her hand on his shoulder, she tilted her head to see the restless expression printed on his face, something she had never seen in Junsu. “Why did you leave?”

 

“Since I was small, I know appa loves my three hyungs,” he looked out at the small waves before him. “And omma dots Jessica a lot. As for me, I know very well that three of them have no intention to heir the family business nor will they be willing to control by appa. In order to get his attention, I’d always been an obedient kid. Follow whatever they want me to do, promise to leads Lotte Group to a higher level and even if they arrange a marriage, I can tolerate with it.”

 

It surprised Riin when he tiredly rested his head on her shoulder, “I know appa is disappointed with me and I can do nothing to change this fact…”

 

“Appa…from what I see, he loves you very much.”

 

“No choice, he has no choice and I’m his last hope,” Junsu said.

 

“Junsu…” she helped him up, “Kim Junsu, you shouldn’t be giving up. Lotte Group still needs you. If you’re to give up now, you’re throwing all the hard work into the drain…”

 

Pulling her into his embrace, he sighed “Let’s not talk about it…”

 

-

 

Knock knock

 

“Riin ah…it’s time to wake up…” Grandma Jang knocked on the door.

 

“Yes honey…coming,” Junsu opened the door with his half body.

 

“Oh so sorry…” Grandma Jang looked away.

 

Putting on his t-shirt before exiting the guest room, “I should be the one apologizing. I thought you were Riin…”

 

“I thought she’s still sleeping…”

 

“Sleeping?”

 

“Oh hey guys…” Riin walked up to them with two bags in hands, “You’re awake? You seldom get up at this hour of time…it’s only 6…”

 

“Then why are you up so early?” Junsu placed his arm on her shoulder. “Are you that cold? Even in the house you’re wearing a scarf…takes it off.”

 

Seeing him attempting to take off her scarf, she abruptly halts him from doing so. “Junsu, I’ll bring you to the beach, let’s do some morning exercise…” she held his hand and when she’s about to pulled him towards the exit, he stopped her.

 

“Five minutes, let me go wash my face first, does that sound better?” Junsu calmed her down.

 

-

 

“Woah…so many people…”

 

“Yeah, every morning they’ll gather here…”

 

“Genie? SNSD Genie Tell Me Your Wish?” Junsu asked, curiously.

 

“Before this they were using Wonder Girls ‘Nobody’,” shaking his arm, Riin excitedly said “Let’s do it together…” Riin started to move as the song begins, “Only songs that needed hands and legs movement will be chosen…come on, dance with us…”

 

“Aish…look at me, I can’t dance…”

 

“You’re looking good…” reaching to the end, they move their hands together.

 

“It’s embarrassing, you know.” Junsu held on the towel and wiped his forehead.

 

Caressing her face, he asked “Are you sick? You look pale…”

 

“No…I’ll go buy some drinks…” Riin ran towards the drink stall. “Ajuhsshi, 2 orange juice please…”

 

“Oh Riin, it had been years since you last came.”

 

“How much…”

 

“FOC…take it…”

 

“Ajuhsshi…here, I’m leaving the money here.” As she walks back to Junsu’s side, she felt nauseas and almost immediately she squatted down. “Why do I often feel nauseas and vomit? These symptoms, Yoona…pregnant…”

 

“Riin ah…” Junsu helped her up. “What’s wrong?”

 

Frightened by his sudden tone of voice, she gazed at Junsu blankly. “Nothing…I’m fine, maybe because I’d skipped breakfast.”

 

“Aish…just take off this scarf of yours,” Junsu untied her scarf and it revealed a reddish mark on her neck, Riin shyly covered it with her hand. “I see.” He leaned in and whispered into her ear, slyly. “It looks nice so why are you covering it?”

 

Pushing against his chest harshly, Riin blushed heavily. “All thanks to you…”

 

Staring right into her eyes, he searched for her eye contact, “That’s the only way for me to keep you by side, I suppose.” He reached over and pressed on her lips, passionately.

 

“It’s time to go home,” she looked down at him as their lips parted.

 

He held out his hand, “With you, I guess there’s nothing much too worried about…”

 

Riin have her fingers interlocked with his as she nodded, “You’ll be fine…”

 

 

Presented by Celestine Blue

//My everything//

 

091104