Chapter 16

My Everything

 

~ My Everything ~ Chapter 16~

 

The fashion show marked an end with all the models accompanied Yoona, the chief designer of Summer Collection 09’walked to the center of the stage; Junsu and Heebon were on the stage as well. Walking through the swarm of reporters and guests who stood before the stage admiring the models adorned with the collection of summer fashion for the last time, Riin headed straight to the dressing room with her head bowed low. An effort of not wanting to steals a peek or a look at the reunion of an everlasting couple. Seeing his friend taking her pace, Jaejoong worried and he swarmed through the horde group of people. Skipping all the interviews by sending Yuri to handle those, Riin seated in the dressing room that filled with melancholy silence. Jaejoong could see her spacing out for almost thirty minutes. Perhaps it was the aftermath of Heebon’s return that had tired her out.

 

“Riin…” just when Jaejoong was about to speak, a knock on the door interrupted him. And that pulled Riin out of trance; she looked up only to see Eunhyuk approaching her. He bowed politely, “Mr. Kim said…”

 

“He asked me to wait for him awhile ago,” she stood up from her seat eyes darting up to Eunhyuk, “but now…I guess I don’t need to wait for him, isn’t it?”

 

“He asked me to accompany you home,” Eunhyuk said. “Everything is ready; the chauffeur is waiting at the entrance. You can leave whenever you’re ready.”

 

A faint smile formed on her face, she shook her head “It’s okay actually. There’s lot to do with the fashion show aftermath and this place, we’re suppose to hand them back by 11pm.” Shrugging her shoulder, she said “since meeting with Junsu has come to a halt, I should be settling this before leaving. Yuri and all will assist me with the function removal, so need not to tell Junsu about this. Just tell him that I’m home safe and sound will do.”

 

“But…” Eunhyuk hesitated.

 

Riin tapped on his hand, “no worries, I’ll be fine,” she assured. “So go ahead to the party, you too…” she pushed Jaejoong along with Eunhyuk towards the exit.

 

-

 

“Hey young man, be extra careful with the lightings…” Riin pointed at one of the tall guy who removing the spotlights which cost a huge amount. Hearing footsteps of heels tapping against the floor, Riin whirled round to see a familiar figure. “Yoona, shouldn’t you be with Yoochun at the party?”

 

“Yoochun and me will be going a little bit late,” she said. “Actually, I’m here to talk with you.”

 

Leaning against the wall, Riin awaits for Yoona to begin.

 

 “You… do you still love Yoochun?” she hesitated as if fearing that her words will somehow hurt the fragile figure standing beside her.

 

Riin fidgeted uncomfortably at the question of his name and the love she had once held on firmly and stubbornly. She doesn’t know why but she has pondered about the question being queried by Yoona. If this was asked a year ago, she might not need to think and able to answer briefly; yes.

 

But at this very moment, her answer was “no…” she brought up her lowered head. She looked up to her with her pair of weary eyes, having been gone through a tough day. “I and he, perhaps somewhere down the roads, something went wrong between us. We can no longer go back to the past, he has you.”

 

“And you have no one,” she taunted as she stood straight from her slouch position. Her straightforwardness somehow stunned Riin’s eyes wide. “I don’t know if I can believe you. I mean the both of you were together for quite some time…”

 

“That’s up to you,” Riin cut her off. “Whether you believe or not, that’s my answer. At this moment he’s my friend and cousin in law, till the very last minute he’ll still be,” she assured. “That’s for sure maybe exclude cousin in law, no one knows what would happen in future. I can’t tell neither you can,” she reassured.

 

“Given our personalities,” Yoona admitted “we can be friends, very close friends indeed.”

 

Riin remained in silent but can’t help even though knowing what it was; she asked “what went wrong?”

 

“Because we were in love with the same person,” Yoona took her steps towards the exit.

 

‘cling…’ Riin looked down to her phone as she received a text message from Junsu. She stared at it for a good minute, pondering whether should she read it or not. Shaking her head in frustration, she was angry and mad with herself. Even reading a message she is thinking that hard.

 

‘Come to J’s Club…we’re here waiting for you, hurry…’

 

Riin sighed “what’s the point of going there when you have her by your side already. Are you trying to hint or show me something?” she thought as she closed her eyes wearily.

 

-

 

The music is loud; it made one’s heart beats trillion faster than it was. As Riin walked into the nightclub, the loudness of music made her numb. She hated this sort of atmosphere but she’s here because of him. Moving through the ocean of people, she was bumped by bodies; beauties who were scantily dressed. Under the illumination of neon lights, her head was beginning to spin.

 

“Oh well,” a familiar voice pulled Riin out from trance, it was Sooyoung. “Our pathetic Mrs. Kim Riin is here. What brings you here? You mentioned that you’ll in charge of the removal, didn’t you?”

 

Riin ignored her and scanned around the nightclub in searching of the person who had texted her.

 

“Looking for your husband,” Sooyoung continued pestering her, not giving her a bit of chance to get rid of her. She held on Riin’s shoulders and turned her round to face the very corner of the club. “That one person you’re searching for,” she pointed at the direction where Junsu seated as if Riin couldn’t see.

 

She held on her breathe as she could feel the moisture forming in her eyes, threatening to fall vulnerably. Although it was very dark, but the dim light that shone above the couple made it utterly visible for Riin. His arm was around Heebon whilst she would whisper into his ear seductively once in awhile and having her palm against his chest running up and down; they were enjoying each other presence.

 

“Cry, I know you wanted that badly,” Sunye taunted. “How miserable could your life be…pathetic, we’ve told you. He wouldn’t stay forever with you.”

 

“That one person he truly loves is Heebon,” Sooyoung added as if not knowing that with what Sunye said had stabbed into her heart deeply. “Omo…don’t tell me you’d ever thought of replacing her in his heart, did you?”

 

“Get lost,” Riin pushed both Sooyoung and Sunye parted who stood before her a minute ago. She slammed her money on the bar counter and that surprised the bartender. “Riin…”

 

“Vodka…” she eyed hard at him but soon find the person before her familiar. “Sungmin, aren’t you in US?”

 

Placing the drink that she had ordered, he shrugged “this club belonged to me, don’t you remember the name, J…?”

 

Nodding her head after recalling the history she once witnessed back in USA when she was still a naïve and innocent girl who are so into her studies. “Jay…that gay partner of yours isn’t it?” she said after downing the drink in split second. “Still with that same old story, haven’t you got over him yet?” she cued, for another drink.

 

“Oh come on,” he slid her, another shot of alcohol “that was way back during university, is Jane. We’re getting married next month.”

 

“Getting married?” she mocked nodding her head in disbelieve, even a gay friend of hers could fall in love and get married. Riin sighed to herself, realizing that not only her friend fall in love. She did and twice; she had been in love with Yoochun and lost herself so deeply in that love. To her, that feeling was terribly miserable…she never wanted to feel that again but yet, she’d trapped herself into that dejected moment once again with Junsu. Sighing heavily once again, Riin knew she shouldn’t have gone drinking so often back then. Her alcohol tolerance is still too high to feel anything with a couple of vodka. She was still too sober and can still have thoughts gushing through her mind.

 

Looking around the club in hope that she could see Jaejoong so that he could give her a reason to call it a night, but instead of meeting Jaejoong, her eyes met with an irritating man who seated opposite her and looking her way. He winked upon meeting her gaze. Furrowed her brow in disgust, Riin looked away.

 

“Hun, trying to drunk yourself,” that guy she had glared stood close by her side in split second.

 

“Go away,” Riin turned around.

 

“Come on…I’m Taekyeon, and you?” his hand finding his way to her arm. “You’re lonely and I can accompany you.”

 

“ off…” she eyed hard at him.

 

“Drink this and I’ll leave you alone,” he placed the drink before Riin. “Graveyard and it definitely cleared off your problem, isn’t that what you wanted?”

 

Without thinking wisely for the first time, Riin grabbed hold on the drink and downed it before glaring back at Taekyeon. “Satisfied?” she raised a brow.

 

“Very well,” he clapped his hands smiling slyly. “We’ll see again soon…”

 

“Nonsense,” she pushed against the bar counter in helping to get up from her seat.

 

Perhaps she should have left earlier Riin thought. When she’s making her way towards the club exit, she wasn’t able to react in time as a drunken woman brushed past her and somewhere along the way her own leg tripped herself and bumped on the woman before her. Riin could only bit her lips upon witnessing the sudden incident. That figure was familiar to her, it was Heebon. The woman Heebon had bumped into was holding a glass of red wine and it sloshed out the rim of the glass and splashed on her white top.

 

Junsu whirled round after hearing noises behind him and at that very moment, he noticed Riin’s presence and was rather taken aback. He has his arm around Heebon in helping her up and it was then that he realized she was all wet.

 

“Heebon, you’re drenched” he tucked her hair behind her ear.

 

The drunken Heebon laughed mischievously as she raised her hand and pointed over to Riin’s direction, “she…tripped…me…”

 

“What was that about?” Junsu shot a glistening glare at Riin, fiercely.

 

“I didn’t do anything and she tripped herself,” she tried to defend herself.

 

He stepped forward staring defiantly down to Riin’s eyes “That was the most horrible excuse to cover your own evil mistake.”

 

“Kim Junsu,” sheer indignation rang in her voice.

 

Holding on his arm, Heebon pulled him back. “It’s okay. I’ll go home now…” she turned around making her move.

 

“Heebon, I’ll send you home,” he wrapped her in his arms before leading her towards the exit. Riin swear she could see Heebon turned back to her with a victorious smirk.

 

Trying hard in restraining her tears from drenching her face, she makes her move as well with resentment filled in her. Nevertheless, dizziness was hitting her and maybe it was the effect of alcohol she thought. She tried her best in holding on as she moved through the horde group of people through the dance floor and all of the sudden, a strong pair of arm covered and another encircled her waist dragging her towards the back door of the club. Her body was weakening and she could barely fight against the dominating strength on her; not even a word of help she could murmured out.

 

Slamming her against the wall, she could feel a strong breath heaved against her neck as he has his lips tracing along her neck down to her collarbone. “As I told you, we’ll meet…”

 

“Taekcyeon…” Riin struggled in his arms.

 

He smirked, “knew you want me desperately, aren’t you. Call my name again, sweetie…”

 

“Go away,” she used her weak strength to shove him off her and ran the long route of dark alley. Taking out her phone to call Junsu, at that very moment, she could only thought of him. However, her weak legs were giving away. Easily, she was pulled back and she lose grip of the phone having it skidded across the pavement.

 

“B*tch,” he landed a tight slap on her face making her toppled backward on the bags of garbage. Getting on her, he coarsely ripped off her jacket revealing her ebony single-strap evening dress.

 

“Stop,” she pleaded.

 

“Nice gown,” he smirked. “Too bad, it has to be removed,” within a second, he ripped off her strap and having his hand making way up to her thigh. That was the very first time she had regretted on taking Junsu’s opinion on wearing the evening dress. She should have just worn business attire, she thought.

 

“STOP!!!” Riin cried miserably. She has never felt so violated and no one has ever touched her in this way and maybe Junsu was the first person. But that was just his way of scaring and teasing her; no bad intention, she was too weak to fight the beast on her. She knows she can’t blame anyone but herself for drinking that alcohol without thinking twice. By now, her face was drenched with tears, her hands were no longer hitting against his chest as she had given up. Hopeless, she couldn’t even move under his strong arms, nobody is there to save her.

 

 

Presented by Celestine Blue

//My everything//

 

090831