Chapter 21

My Everything

 

~ My Everything ~ Chapter 21~

 

As she looks back, Riin remember that back then; it was summer when she married to a guy named Kim Junsu unwillingly. That year, summer ended earlier than everyone had thought with autumn easily slipping in without her conscious. Autumn had always been the season Riin love and treasure but it was this man sleeping peacefully on the bed that had ruined her perception about autumn, and it soon became a season that she detests. Marrying to a person she doesn’t even know, this has never come to her mind for how long she has live in this world. Every day she had envisaged a life with her love one; a person who would treasure and most of all love her dearly. Whenever she brings her mind back to two years ago, she would helplessly shiver and plagued herself with unanswerable questions. That was how she gone through the first half of the year of their marriage. Not having enough communication with Junsu, she would just pretend she was okay and in fact she’s alright with him treating her as if she doesn’t exist. Nevertheless, the longer they he got to know her, their relationship became better and somehow strengthen.

 

With their relationship getting better, Riin can’t help herself but to blindly fall into the hole in his heart that had been tore off by Heebon and he himself did not refuse. She thought it might be a trap arranged by destiny to make her fall for a guy from head over heel, another time. The moment she agreed with the pact which last for two years, she never thought this guy would caused her so much pain as she thinks loving him is almost impossible. Riin was positive that she’ll never love this man who tied her securely in his bare arms. Bit by bit, she reaches her hand down towards her dress and slowly moves out from her arms. Junsu fidgeted a little and turned to the left side. Watching the dress slide down her body, she sauntered towards the window. Opening the window, she listened to the familiar sound of waves and the laughter coming from the pair of sibling. Although it’s almost 7 but the sun hasn’t really completely risen but the little boy and girl were playing happily without any fear or worries. Riin and her brother used to share this room and while looking at the two little kids; it was as if seeing the reflection of herself with her brother.

 

Time passed too fast Riin thought. As she opened the window wider, she could feel cool air brushing across her arm and that simply means autumn is ready to hurl the shriveled leaves down in the midst of fresh and calm zephyr. All of the sudden, she could feel a pair of arms wrapped around her waist and it somehow frightened her a little.

 

She glanced over her shoulder to see Junsu rested his chin on her shoulder. The moment he speaks, she could feel his soft breath. “How do you feel?”

 

Her eyes widened; surprised by his vague question. She bets Junsu could feel her body stiffened almost instantly upon hearing what he’d asked. “What does that mean?”

 

Junsu smiled slyly, “What else, I mean…”

 

Before he could go on, Riin whirled round and have her index finger on his lips; shutting his mouth. Just then, she realized he was wearing nothing only his track pants. Blushing shyly, she covered her eyes with her small palms. “Kim Junsu, wear something!”

 

He chuckled as he held on her wrists, gently bringing them down to meet her eyes. “I’m wearing a pant though.”

 

Struggling in his held, she avoids having to look into his pair of captivating eyes. “Faster…go take your shower!” her hands pushed against his back.

 

Suddenly, Junsu encircled both his arms around her waist and pulling her backwards. Consequently, Riin fell flat on Junsu who has his back on the bed. She can’t help but to have his eyes locked hers. Their distance was just mere inch, so close that Riin’s hands against his chest; could feel his heart’s soft beats. “There’s nothing much you should feel embarrass about, isn’t it?” he gently caressed his hand on her pinkish cheek.

 

Rolling over to the side, beside him, she kicked his leg. “Go shower you idiot…”

 

Junsu chuckled. Placing his arm beside her head, he made sure Riin doesn’t need to bear his weight. “Fine, I’ll go if you give me a kiss here.” He pointed at his lips, “I’m negotiating here and this is your last chance before I change my mind.” his hand slide down her arm cunningly.

 

Riin pouted upon hearing his request. Looking away from him, she knows there’re no other options but to do it. Reaching her hand over his neck, she looked down and gradually closing in until their lips meets. He was staring intently at her during the process and unconsciously, Junsu pressed against hers dominatingly and soon it turned into a passionate kiss with him tilting his head, deepening the kiss.

 

Reaching his hand over to the faucet, he turned it on letting the water fall on her head. A very own way of his in waking and clearing his mind. Holding on the wall, Junsu felt he was as if going to fall if he is to withdraw his hand from the wall for support. “What did I do? How could it be her first time? Kim Junsu!” he said to loud enough for him to hear. Deep inside, he knows he wrong to hold two women in a time as if having one foot steps on two ships. And he knows very well that this will only leads him to a devastating ending. But what exactly he could do, he thought over again and again. Between his first loves he used to call the love of his life and the angel who had stormed into his life and changed him along the way. Can he really choose? He queried and realized it was a question that hardly could be answered. Even someone in somewhere in this world able to give an answer, it may be an incredulous answer.

 

-

 

“Mr. Kim Junsu…” Eunhyuk tapped his finger against his desk and as Junsu averts his attention back to him, he leaned against the seat and sighed. “What’s in your mind? I’ve been talking to you for the past three minutes and you give no respond but only stare still at this.” He picked up the memo pad. “Something bothering you, I can tell that.”

 

Placing both his elbows against his desk, he let out a sigh of frustration before putting his head in his hands. “My mistake, wasn’t it?”

 

“What happened?” Eunhyuk asked solemnly.

 

Within five minutes, Junsu told Eunhyuk everything. Every single worries that had been gushing through his mind all this mind ever since the very minute he meets Heebon again. Perhaps Eunhyuk was the only person he could really express himself, tell him all his frets without any doubt. When he first met Heebon, Eunhyuk was Junsu’s first audience to listen to his thoughts about this girl he met in the public bus. This buddy of his was also the first person to know that he had fallen for a girl named Heebon and routinely, it had became a must for Eunhyuk to listen to his story. The moment Eunhyuk knows that between Junsu and Riin, a vague feeling had developed between them, Eunhyuk had been anxious. He wasn’t really sure if Junsu is ready to accept Riin and was he certain to let go of Heebon.

 

“Junsu, do you still remember the day you told me about your feeling for Riin?” he held on his shoulder. “You said if you get to know her before Heebon, everything would be better. You wouldn’t have fall for Heebon. But that was what you hoped, now that the both of them are standing before you, other than making a decision; you’ve no other choices.”

 

Junsu remained quiet not knowing what he exactly he wanted to say.

 

“Hurting one is better than continue torturing both of them,” Eunhyuk said. “Can you really forget the past and write a new future, it’s all falls on your hand. Quickly make a decision or the three of you will never get rid of this everlasting pain.”

 

-Intercom-

 

‘Mr. Kim, Heebon-shi wants to see you.’

 

Upon hearing the mention of her name, he closed his eyes restlessly. “I’ll make my move and you ought to solve this.” Giving his one last opinion before leaving, he said “This wound of love will not deepen if you end it sooner. Bear in mind, a person can never be greedy and selfish forever.”

 

As Eunhyuk walked pass Heebon, he bowed. Walking up to Junsu’s desk, she sees her got up from his seat pacing to her side. Looking at the awkward expression on his face, she sensed the same behavior she had once witnessed. After almost two years, Heebon realized the man he loves has not really changed much and was still the same. With this facial expression, it was predictable and she knows what he’s about to say.

 

Not letting him to further on, she hugged him tightly. “Junsu, I’m sorry. I know I was wrong for not accompanying you. Missing the golden time to celebrate your birthday three times in a row, it doesn’t make me feel good either.” Tears welled up almost instantly as if trying to make use of it in softening his fragile heart. She looked up at him, eyes stare intently into his. “Please don’t let go of me, don’t break the promise you’d made. These two years’ time, without you in my life almost killed me. I never know I would miss you that much. It’s okay, I don’t mind whether we’re to continue in this way or you’re leaving her, everything will be fine and I only need you; I only need you.”

 

“Heebon…” his voice barely above a whisper as he felt her hands around his waist tightened. The thing he wanted to say a minute ago it seems to be faded in the air. He could hardly utter a single word at that very minute. Never did he know, Riin was standing by the doorway and the door wasn’t closed. Every little word uttered out from Heebon’s mouth, she heard it crystal clear. Unknowingly, a drip of tear escaped from the corner of her eyes.

 

“Mrs. Kim, aren’t you going in?” his secretary said and her voice was loud enough for the two persons in the room to hear. “Mr. Kim and Manager Park are waiting for you.”

 

“Okay…” she pushed the door opened ajar and trudged over to them. “Morning…” she bowed her head, trying her very best in avoiding Junsu eyes as she knows he was staring still at her. Placing the file on the desk, she turned to Heebon. “Have you decided about the promotion?”

 

Without giving a glance at Riin, she averted her attention from her documents to Junsu, “Sooyoung, she’s the best among them. I think we should give her a chance.”

 

“No,” Riin said solemnly. “Sooyoung has no improvement in these two years ever since she joined Lotte. The list I passed to you had been decided and confirmed and I don’t see you have any right in changing it.” She stated firmly and that surprised Junsu a little. He has not seen her being so firm and it was the first time. He doubted was Heebon the reason to why she’s behaving this way.

 

“Wait before this,” he turned to Heebon, “Taeyeon, wasn’t she the one should be promoted?” Junsu asked as a matter of fact.

 

“Kim Taeyeon, she had been undergoing probation for quite some time and from what I see, she’s not capable yet,” Heebon crossed her arms over her chest. “Unlike Taeyeon, before joining Lotte, Sooyoung has experience in marketing and due to her qualification, she has no choice but to start from the first step.” She explained.

 

“But…”

 

“Okay,” Junsu cut off Riin not letting her to go on. “Since everything had been determined, do as what Heebon-shi said. After all she’s your senior, you ought to respect her decision.” he turned to meet Riin’s fiery eyes. She was staring back at him defiantly as if trying to threaten him in some way. “Send her the promotion letter, Heebon.”

 

Grasping tightly on her document file, it was to the extent that her knuckles turned white and that described how angry she was. “I guess there’s nothing much left to say, I should return back to my work.”

 

“Wait,” Junsu called. “Another reason of why I called the both of you here is…for the year end sales, I want the two of you to prepare a proposal.” He said in a low tone not daring to look at either Riin or Heebon. As he continued, he flipped the document before him. “Work with the designer and I want you to present how the merchandise should be market and the promotion works should be done nicely as well.”

 

“Kim Junsu,” Riin’s voice alarmed Junsu and caused him look straight into her eyes for the first time ever since she stepped into the room. The surrounding was filled with tense. “We need to talk, only the both of us.”

 

Rolling her eyes, Heebon was annoyed by Riin. “I should make my move then…”

 

Riin waited until Heebon had exited the room. She just stares at Junsu with her fiery eyes and not until she heard the sound of the door click, she said “Few months ago, you agreed with me on promoting Taeyeon. A month before that lady came back you said on handing this year end event for me to handle. I don’t understand you Kim Junsu and in fact I never will.”

 

Before Junsu can even utter a word, Riin strode over to the exit and leave the room. He did not make any move but only remain the same spot not knowing what ought to be done at that very moment. Time passes swiftly by as everyone was busy with their respective work. For the past one week, the both Riin and Junsu seldom get to have a private conversation ever since the small quarrel they had. They seldom have lunch together unless were caught by Jaejoong and other colleagues or they would spend their lunch time alone. Whenever he finally gather his courage in making his move to patch back, Heebon would come into the picture interrupting the golden chance awaiting him. And at home, Riin would use Inhwan as a lame excuse. She would sleep with him leaving Junsu tightened himself with the comforter alone having the space beside him void of presence. Inhwan had asked her to why she’s sleeping with him almost every night cutting off the day’s she’d slept in the study room and Riin would say, ‘To accompany by precious baby…’

 

Almost a month since Sooyoung had been working together with Heebon and other marketing staffs including Riin. Because she was Heebon’s assistant, most of the marketing staff tried their best in avoiding having anything to do with her. Unless it is necessary or none of them would meddle with Sooyoung because they know, this puppy owner is someone they shouldn’t me messing with. Many had been feeling that Riin was actually a way much better than Heebon. In the past, they had complained Riin for not being experienced enough to take over the team but with Heebon’s return, they realized a caring and understanding manager is always better than a cold and heartless manager who always with high demand. It had been the four days on ends for Heebon’s team to skipped lunch in order to wrap up their work.

 

“Finished…” Riin clapped her hands as she cut off the thread of her last stitch on the teddy bear. “What should I do now? Do you have a pair of shoes for him?”

 

The sales assistant smiled, “Of course we have, in a minute and I’ll get the sample for you. What color do you want?”

 

Her smile widened as she looks at it, “Brown, I’ll get the brown since the top is maroon.”

 

Taking hold of the bear, she said “it will be done in about ten minute’s time, would you like to come back later or you’ve other thoughts?”

 

“Will be back later…” Riin said and as she stepped out from the shop, her phone rings. It was a call from the Lotte shop, “Hello…”

 

“Mrs. Kim…Lotte Fashion is in a terrible mess now. Faster come save us…” it was Tiffany. She could recognize her voice.

 

-

 

As Riin walked into the first floor of the shop, she sees the line of queue was so long to the extent it would reach the entrance if another 3 people is to queue up. She looked around furiously, she got angrier to see the shop only filled with customers but staff is nowhere to be seen. By the time Riin sees Tiffany, she was fuming with anger. “What had happened? Where are all the staffs and what happened to the fitting room there? Why didn’t you all tell the customers that there’s another cashier on 2nd floor?”

 

“Mrs. Kim, Sooyoung sunbae told us to close 2nd and 3rd floor’s cashier counter. She said too many customers and we shouldn’t have too many staff dealing with cashier counters.” Tiffany explained. She stuttered awhile as she sees Riin’s fierce face of expression. “She also said, customers will not steal our items that are why the no one looks after the fitting room.”

 

“Where’s Taeyeon then?”

 

“In the store room.” She answered. “Sooyoung sunbae asked her to settle the newly arrived stock by today.”

 

Both her hands held on her hips as she can’t believe what Tiffany had jus said. “Sooyoung, where’s Choi Sooyoung!”

 

“She’s helping Hyesun-shi in cashier counter,” Tiffany stammered upon seeing the fiery look of Riin.

 

Walking up to the cashier counter, Riin tapped on Sooyoung’s shoulder. “Come with me, we need to talk.”

 

“There’s nothing much we can talk?” Sooyoung said without looking at Riin. “We’re not in the same team, mind your own business…” she said whilst handing the bag to customer.

 

Grabbing hold on her elbow, Riin pulled her and walked towards the main entrance. Pushing her out the shop harshly, she tried hard in withstanding with her own temper; not to flare up before the customers. “I’m telling you only once, get lost before I sack you. The shop is in terrible mess now and if I’m to give a call to Mr. Kim, you’re dead.”

 

“Huh…” Sooyoung crossed her arms over her chest and rolled her eyes arrogantly. “I’m so scared. Go ahead and see how Heebon-shi saves me.”

 

her dry lips, Riin is on a verge of firing the person before her. “The Mr. Kim I’m calling is my father in law. Let’s see he would help a person who is related to him or he a person named Park Heebon.” She whirled round and stepped into the shop. Stopping beside the guard, she pointed at Sooyoung, “Do not let that lady enter or you’re fire.”

 

“Riin…” Taeyeon ran up to her. She was in a mess as Riin could see her uniform stained with dirt, shoes stick with price tags. “Our savior, you should have come earlier and look at what that witch had done. Look at the shop; it was as if casted with an evil spell.”

 

“Taeyeon, I’ll go handle 2nd floor cashier counter and you go get 2 staffs look after the fitting room, okay.” Riin tapped on Taeyeon’s hand. “Do as usual…settle them down first.” She looked around to see many customers’ face darkened, impatient with the long queue.

 

In the span of measly hours, they’re almost near to closing time. Riin for the first time finally took a break since she took over the cashier counter. The 1.5 liter bottle of water was downed in split second. Everyone was exhausted and it’s not like they have never face such situation but because of Sooyoung’s sudden interruption has somehow caused a massive commotion. Most of them missed break time as the second they leave; their position will be left unfilled.

 

“Riin ah…” Taeyeon held on her arm, “you put too much strength, see, it’s swollen.” She massaged her arms; from up to down back to the top.

 

“Welcome,” Tiffany greeted the moment a customer stepped in. She made her way towards Riin. “Mrs. Kim…”

 

“Oh, you’re Hee Eun…” Riin bowed Junsu’s secretary.

 

Placing the paper bag on the counter, she smiled “The sales girl said that you should be taking this a few hours ago but you didn’t, so she assumed you’d forgotten about it.”

 

With eyes squinted, she stared still at the paper bag not too sure of what it is. As she noticed the shop’s name, she recalled. “Oh…thank you so much. But how did you…?”

 

“She called and the rest you don’t really need to bother,” she smiled. “Here…”

 

Feeling a hand on her shoulder, Riin looked over it to see Taeyeon’s stood behind her tending to whisper something. “I bet that woman called your assistant to other things and she has no choice but to seek for your husband’s secretary.”

 

Riin rolled her eyes incredulously, “Good imagination, you can soon be a writer if you continues being so great in this.”

 

“Aish…” Taeyeon smack at the back of Riin’s head.

 

-

 

In the mean time, after so long returned to Korea, Heebon gathered her courage in meeting Inhwan for the very first time. Ever since she’s back in town, she dares not to approach him for she was the one faulty to leave him without a word. Stepping into the mansion, she sees Inhwan was happily playing with Jessica. As she called out his name, Jessica turned around startled to see the person stood a few feet before her.

 

“Heebon unnie…”

 

Inhwan glanced up at the shocked Jessica before turning around to see the familiar person; someone he had used to love so much that not seeing her a day will cause him cries unstoppably. “Aunt aunt?” he said.

 

“Inhwnie…” Heebon ran up to him. Swooping into her arms, her eyes were watery. “I miss you so much, Inhwanie.”

 

Ambling towards her brother’s side, she looked solemn. Not giving him any eye contact but just stare at the reunion of both the mother and son, Jessica asked “What does this mean? Riin unnie know about this? Heomoni…”

 

“Let’s not talk about this…” he patted on her shoulder. “She’ll leave in a short while before Riin’s come home. Speak of her, where is she? I’ve not seen her the whole day nor I get to contact her. She’s not in the office either.”

 

“I’m not sure…”

 

-

 

After locking the door of the shop, Riin passed the key to Taeyeon. “You’d worked hard today, go home and have a nice bath before sleep.”

 

“Shouldn’t I be the one saying?” they both begin to walked away from Lotte Fashion. “If is not you, I might still locked in the store room not knowing what should be done.”

 

“No worries, I’m your guardian angel…” Riin chuckled. “I’ll give you a ride home.”

 

Taeyeon shook her head, “Look at your hand, it has been ages since you last touched the cashier counter and stoop for eight hours on ends. You’re thrice more tired than any of us. So go home and rest.” Gently squeezing on her shoulder, she reminded “Tomorrow is weekend after all.”

 

Riin smiled, “waiting for Kangin…I knew it…” she made her way down to the car park basement. About a thirty minutes drive she reached home. The moment the door to the living room opened, Riin heard Inhwan whimpering and with the tar swings ajar, she sees him running towards her.

 

“Mami…” he hopped into her arms. “Where have you been…mami, we have an intruder here. I don’t want her here. That lady was forcing me to call her mami.” He moved around in her arms which made Riin shifted uncomfortably. Riin wasn’t sure what had caused this little kid in such fuss and because of this, her face darkened instantly. Just when she looked up, she sees Heebon.

 

“Mami…I don’t want her here…” he sobbed whilst rubbing his eyes and she could see it’s turning red. “Don’t rub…here, the bear you wanted.” She passed him the bear she handmade it during this noon. “Thank you mami,” he pecked on her cheek.

 

“Such an ugly bear,” Heebon crossed her arms over her chest. “Park Heebon,” Junsu glared at her threateningly.

 

Inhwan pouted, “Although it doesn’t look pretty but because it was mami who made it, that made it valuable unlike those expensive gifts of yours.” “Mami,” he leaned in whispering into her ear, “go up, I have something to tell you mami. Come up with me…”

 

Riin sighed, “Okay…” she turned to Junsu, “I’ll go up with him now…” patting on his back, “Inhwan, it’s rude to shouts and screams when there’s a visitor at home.”

 

“Sorry mami,” he apologized before cuddling in her arms, “this will never happen again.”

 

“Good boy,” she caressed his fringe. “It’s getting late, sleep.”

 

“Mami, Headmaster Choi is organizing a trip to US; will mami and papi go with me?” The smile on her face gradually faded.

 

Knock knock

 

Junsu knocked the door before entering, “Has he slept yet?”

 

Riin nodded her head. “He wants to join his kindergarten’s trip to US and hope we’ll go with him.”

 

He remained silent.

 

-

 

“Yoochun ah…” Riin called before pushing the envelope towards his hand. Averting his eyes from the LCD screen, he turned to Riin as he stopped typing. Looking down on his desk, he noticed the letter of resignation. “What does this mean?”

 

“With Heebon’s return, I don’t see the marketing team need me and I should make my move already. It’s almost September…”

 

“So, September is arriving and what does that got to do with you?” he queried. Yoochun was oblivious that Riin and Junsu had a pact.

 

“Accept it,” she sounded pleading. “Do me this one last favor…”

 

Picking up the letter, he turned to Riin, “I’ll not take this and perhaps, you should talk over it with Junsu.”

 

-

 

“Jang Riin…” Junsu stormed into her office without knocking the door. His glistening glare somehow sends her goose bumps. “What’s with you?”

 

Grabbing hold on her wrist, he pulled her up. “Ahh…” Riin flinched. “Since you’d agreed to promote Sooyoung, you shouldn’t have interfered with whatever she’s doing. In fact, it wasn’t something you should meddle with, its Heebon’s work.”

 

“You don’t even know how terrible Lotte Fashion had turned to,” Riin held her breath an effort of not flaring up. “IF you see, you’d had fire her up.”

 

“Junsu,” Heebon tugged on his sleeve, “it’s a past so let it go then…”

 

Riin nodded her head, “You were the one complaining it seems.”

 

Junsu turned to her, “Jang Riin, don’t go overboard. You were the one who is wrong!”

 

“Whose fault is that?” a familiar sound was heard from the doorway. Almost instantly three of them turned around to see Madam Kim and Sr. Mr. Kim stepping into Riin’s office. Madam Kim’s eyes widened as she gaped at Heebon incredulously. “How come you’re here?”

 

“Actually I thought of having a discussion with Riin,” Mr. Kim said firmly. “Since the three of you are here, I’ll make it simple then.” He turned to his mother, “why not you wait for us in the cafeteria, I, Junsu and Riin will be right there in a short while. Jessica, keep heomoni in company.”

 

Taking a seat on the couch he said, “From this minute forth, Riin leveled with Heebon. She’s no longer under you and whatever decision she’s making, Park Heebon-shi, you need to respect her.”

 

-

 

“Kim Jaejoong…”

 

Looking at the doorway, he said “My door wasn’t close I know, but still you should knock it…”

 

“Cut that off,” Riin flared up. “You called appa isn’t it?”

 

“What happened?” he stood up uncertain what she meant.

 

 

Presented by Celestine Blue

//My everything//

 

090922