Chapter 20

My Everything

 

~ My Everything ~ Chapter 20~

 

On the next morning, Riin got up earlier and prepared Inhwan’s breakfast and lunchbox with Nicole’s assistance. Just like a routinely work, Riin matched Junsu’s suit after her shower. Even though she’s unsure where had he been last night; nor do she certain if he would come home for a change of clothes. As she and Inhwan had their breakfast, she made her way towards the exit taking her leave to office. And right then, she sees Junsu stepping into the living room as Inhwan looks up to him, frowning unhappily.

 

The little kid walked up to him and he opened forth his arms having Inhwan in his arms. Junsu frail eyes looked into Inhwan’s, a small smile on his lips, “What is it, Inhwan?”

 

“Papi you didn’t come home last night…” he pouted. Closing in their distance, Inhwan whispered into his ears only loud enough for Junsu. “Mami slept in my room, her eyes were puffy. What did you do?” he sounded threatening. Upon hearing that, he turned to Riin who too looked away uneasily as she sees Junsu’s attention on her.

 

Placing Inhwan down on the floor, “You do know, the proposal I’m working on…that’s why…” he faltered.

 

“You don’t have the need to explain,” she tried her best in holding her tears from entering her eyes. Walking passed him, she could smell a smell of female perfume from Junsu and that very second, she knows where exactly he was last night. The pinkish stain on his collar almost confirmed her thought. “Inhwan, we shall get going already. See you in office…” she forced out a bitter smile before making her leave.

 

“Yah Jang Riin!” her best friend called from the flight of stairs and as he caught a glimpse of a familiar figure, he knows it was his brother. “Kim Junsu…” Jaejoong patted on his shoulder and just when Junsu turned around, he sees the stain on his collar. It was enough to make him jump to conclusion. He was resent with the fact that Junsu passed him the key instead he himself goes to unlock Riin and now he’s even angrier. “Next time, I advise you to clean yourself before come home. Maybe you’re oblivious, go stand before the mirror and see how horrible you are.”

 

“Uncle Jaejoong!” Inhwan shrieked. “We’re leaving if you’re to keep putting your nose into other people’s business.”

 

“Coming…”

 

Junsu looked at his brother taking his steps towards the exit. He sighed restlessly not knowing what exactly he is doing and what he ought to do.

 

-Flashback-

 

“Heebon, whatever it is…just give me the key.” He reached out his hand, “we’ll deal with it later…”

 

After getting the key from Heebon, he called Jaejoong and within ten minutes, he had reached where Junsu was. Getting out from the car, his eyes were questioning and Junsu knows his brother very well.

 

Junsu passed the key to Jaejoong, “bring Riin home and I’ll give you an explanation tomorrow,” when he was about to walk back into the apartment building

 

“Not me,” Jaejoong held on Junsu’s wrist halted him from heading where he wanted. “You don’t owe me any explanation but Riin, what are you going to say to her? Telling her Heebon’s finally back and you need to leave…”

 

“Jaejoong…I’ll talk to her.”

 

-Flashback ends-

 

“I don’t even have the chance to explain, isn’t it?” he lowered her head.

 

-

 

‘knock knock’

 

“Mr. Kim,” his secretary walked into his huge office. She placed down a cube box on his desk. Looking up to her before staring intently at the present he asked, “What’s this?”

 

“Happy birthday,” she smiled. “That’s a present from Mrs. Kim. She came when you were out for lunch and asked me to pass this to you.”

 

With a click, the door was closed. He picked up the present which had carefully wrapped with light blue tissue and tied neatly with ribbon. Even he himself had forgotten the fact that today was his 28th birthday. Slowly untied the ribbon, he then tore off the cellophane tape on both ends and the middle one before revealing the card that had placed above the box. He held on the card and opened the box to see a Tag Heuer watch. Taking out the card from the envelope, he sees Riin’s handwritings.

 

‘Happy 28th birthday…your brothers have actually planned a surprise party for you but I know this year you won’t be celebrating with us so I send them off by telling them that I prefer to have a romantic celebration with you; solely just both of us. So don’t blame them didn’t do anything cause they did. Bear in mind, I lied that we’ll be going Incheon so when they ask about it, don’t leak anything out. Hope you’ll have a wonderful birthday with your love one this year…’

 

Riin

 

“Moron,” Junsu crumpled the card and threw it into the dustbin by his desk. “Who said I’m going to celebrate with her or is you who are finding an excuse to not celebrate for me!” he threw one of the file down on floor and right at that time, Eunhyuk emerged from nowhere which shocked him a little. “Yah where has your manner gone to, knock the door, don’t you know?! Basic manner…” he pointed at his confused buddy.

 

Bending down, Eunhyuk picked up the file and placed it on his desk. Looking up at Junsu, he asked “Crazy because no one is celebrating with you? You’re even talking to yourself and that’s not like the Kim Junsu I know.” He seated before him. “Wow…that present is expensive.”

 

Just when he was about to grab hold on it, Junsu took it away. “Don’t touch…”

 

“From Heebon?” he asked curiously.

 

He grimace at the mention of his ex name and in fact he was tired having been asked times by people about her. “Not Heebon…she never will give this type of gift. Plus, she’s still angry with me.”

 

“Then is from Riin, I suppose,” he crossed his arms and propping it on his desk whilst staring intently at Junsu. “Wasn’t I right?”

 

“Apparently no one is celebrating with me,” he picked the crumpled piece of card and passed to Eunhyuk.

 

He gaped at Junsu, “Pathetic little kid…so what are you planning to do solely tonight?”

 

Junsu shrugged his shoulders, “God knows…” standing up from his seat, he took his blazer from the coat stand and before he make his way towards the door, Eunhyuk asked “maybe you should give a call to either one of them.”

 

He shook his head, “Up to this minute, I still can’t make a decision. I’m not seeing any of them.”

 

“Going Incheon, are you?” Eunhyuk asked as he sees Junsu held on the door knob. “Perhaps, that’s the best place…” Junsu agreed.

 

-

 

That night the weather in Incheon has dropped it seems as it was colder than usual. Wrapping herself with the thin fabric of her jacket, she stretched her legs out. Riin wasn’t sure if she should go home and simply create a lie if she bumped into any of the Kim. She had stayed at one of the park nearby J’s Club for almost 2 hours yet she didn’t know where she ought to go and in fact she has nowhere to head in mind. But who is there to blame since she was the one initiated to help Junsu and when she think wisely again, she shouldn’t have opted this decision. It somehow irked her to see Junsu didn’t even bother to give her a call at the very least text her message in confirming their plan. Just when she was about to leave, she spotted a familiar figure trudging towards J’s Club and as she take a closer look, Riin was certain it was Junsu.

 

Riin paced back and forth before the club entrance as hesitant drives her crazy. She thought he would be with Heebon but seeing his frail body, she was sure that something had happened between them and her strong intuition was telling her, she’s the cause. Another minute of ambling with heavy foots in front of the club, she finally decided to go in. Making her way through the group of people in the dance floor, the loud music bumping in the club was sickening. Scanning around, she sees Junsu seated at the very corner of the club under the dim neon light.

 

Placing her bag on the side, she held on his face. “Junsu…what’s wrong? Where’s Heebon?”

 

Staring up at her, he placed his hand on her shoulder, “Would you stop mentioning her? It’s tiring. Accompany me, have a drink okay?”

 

“Wait…” Riin held on his wrist. Rummaging her bag, she handed a box to him. “Actually Heebon’s on the way here, but then something came up and she asked her secretary to pass you this.”

 

Tearing of the wrapping paper, he saw a Mont Blanc signature pen with his name crafted on the cover. He looked up at Riin, “It’s from Heebon?”

 

“Yeah…” she nodded.

 

“Jang Riin,” he raised his voice. “No one knows I came here except Eunhyuk. Heebon would never do this sort of thing…what exactly is in your mind? Why you didn’t even try to cling onto me; stop me from approaching her!”

 

“Junsu, you said Heebon isn’t a type of a person would give you present, then I’m not that kind of woman who would possess something that don’t belong to me.”

 

Never did they know a few feet behind them stood a woman in a creamy knee length dress. She was hiding behind the pillar watching each and every move, listening to their conversation. Her fist tightened upon seeing him sealing her rival’s lips gradually snaking his hand around her waist.

 

-

 

Riin was sleeping all the way driving back to Seoul as she had consumed a few glasses of wine. Occasionally, he would turn to her making sure she’s alright. Stopping the car by the driveway, he turned to Riin who sleep soundly having her head propped by the car window. Gently patting on her arm, he chuckled upon seeing her shifted with her brow furrowed as if threatening whoever disturbing her sleep to stop. Tucking the strand of hair behind her ear, he stared at her sleeping face.

 

“Riin…” he whispered. No respond as she just wrapped her left hand around herself. Leaning in, he whispered in her ear “Riin ah…wake up…”

 

“Ahh…” she backed away mouth wide in shock. “What are you doing?”

 

He rolled his eyes smilingly, “It’s almost 12 already…I guess we’ll just stay overnight at your house. We’re still far away from home so just stay here for a night.” he rubbed on her hand.

 

Riin nodded her head, “Orh…where’s the key?” her eyes half closed, she grabbed her bag and begin to run her hands in searching for the set of key he handed to her a day before. “Not here…”

 

Stepping off his car, he walked over to Riin’s side. He opened the car door and snatched the bag from her, bend over to level with her eyes, he said “I have the key, come on. I guess you really can’t drink.”

 

Helping her out from the car, he had his hand around her while slowly leading her downs the wooden flight of stairs. Riin looked up at him, “Can we sit here for awhile?” she pointed at the porch swing. Her head gently rested on his shoulder as she mumbled, “Do not let me drink those again. You should have stop me, but you didn’t.” bringing up her head, she peered at him, “What’s your motive?”

 

Junsu rolled her eyes, “I gave many attempts but you don’t seem wanting to stop. What else could I do than letting you go ahead?”

 

“Junsu…” she stared intently at him. “I’m tired…we should stop, now.”

 

“What if I say no,” he said softly, her hands between his. “Riin, don’t you remember that our pact has not ended yet?”

 

“But…” he suddenly kissed her. Riin was struggling again but Junsu’s arms held her firm in his embrace, her hand resting on his chest feeling his heartbeat slowly palpitating faster than it was. She could see herself reflected from his irises, tears entering threatening to fall. Closing her eyes tightly, the tears made it way down and he somehow could feel it. Carrying her in his arms, he entered the warm house and gently he flings her down on the bed. Parting to catch a breath, by now she’s blushing trying her best in looking away.

 

“I like you…” Junsu had whispered as he leaned in; closing in their distance more and he could feel her heartbeats against his chest. “Please stay with me, okay.” his lips back attacking her lips again. Junsu knows deep inside his heart, his liking for Riin has turned into a strong love long ago. But the return of Heebon made him realized, he can’t really hurt Heebon again and he ought to keep his promise for her.

 

“Kim Junsu, I love you…” she murmured as she feels his hand on her stomach. Looking down to his lips, she isn’t very sure to why she’s initiating, kissing him tenderly as if ready going further. She did not struggle the moment Junsu tastes her lips down to her neck making his way to her collarbone and it surprised him, somehow.

 

“Done playing with me,” he mumbled, eyes closed lips still on hers. “Your only chance, I’m letting you go.”

 

Perhaps she is still trapped in the drunken condition as instead of setting herself free from him, her hands slid down to his waist, pulling him closer. “What if I pass this chance?”

 

There was a brief moment of silence before he rubbed his nose against hers and gently having contact with her again, sealing her lips.

 

 

Presented by Celestine Blue

//My everything//

 

090917