Chapter 18

My Everything

 

~ My Everything ~ Chapter 18~

 

With her back facing him, Riin closed her eyes dozing off to sleep but suddenly she could feel his warm arm around her waist. Her eyes gradually opened at the feel of contact.

 

“I’ve not told you…how me and Heebon met, did I?”

 

Riin did not say a word but only shrugged her shoulders. “Back then, I remember it was the year I joined Lotte. The stubborn me not willing to rely on dad, I ended up going back and forth office by public transport and by the time I reached home, the sun has set.” Snaking his hand around her in searching for her hand, he entwined with hers “I met her in the bus. At the first meeting I didn’t approach her neither she did, and it wasn’t love at first sight. But sooner, about a month later, I approached her. She was my best friend and somewhere along the way, she became my first crush and the first woman who had actually captured my heart.”

 

Upon hearing that, Riin shifted uncomfortably in his arm. Junsu could feel it but he just tightened her arm on her. “The thought of having her by my side forever was like a childhood dream, like a brittle bone easily can be break. I dare not to hold her for how long I wanted.”

 

“Why…” her voice barely above a whisper.

 

“Because, the longer I know her,” anxiety filled in his words. “I know her more and understood what exactly she wanted; something I couldn’t really give. And in fact I never wanted to accept the truth that she’s that type of a person.”

 

“Truth is the ugliest thing in this world, I believe,” Riin uttered having soft breath brushing through his hand which has now brought up to her shoulders.

 

He nodded his head, “Gold digger, that’s what granny had called her and perhaps she was one. But I choose to believe that maybe inside of her; she does have feeling for me.”

 

For an unknown reason, Riin didn’t know why she was grasping on the quilt the moment hearing what Junsu had said. Her heart beating trillion faster than it already was.

 

“In the past, I promised…that I wouldn’t leave her,” his voice was low. “And I’m going to keep that promise.”

 

Tears enter her eyes the moment the last statement was heard. No matter how hard she tried to withhold her tears from streaming down, it was helpless as it rolled making its way down her face.

 

“Riin…” a moment of silence occurred. She didn’t know how to respond as her voice may betray her, showing him that she shed a tear for this. “Wait, will you?”

 

“It’s getting really late, sleep okay…” she closed her eyes.

 

“Unfair, you know” he whispered into her ear. “You’ve not tell me anything about you and you know too much about me.”

 

She shrugged her shoulder a little, “I can’t help it. With a few clicks, your profile is shown in the computer screen and you can’t blame me for that.”

 

“That’s why…you should tell me more about yourself to make it fair.”

 

Riin held her breath as she was about to break down anytime soon. To her, if you love someone you would find out everything about him/her; not from asking that person but put in effort in searching for the unanswered questions. For Riin, the longer she stayed with Junsu, the more she wanted to know about him and without her conscious, and she had fall from head over heel for him. Deep in her heart, she knows she shouldn’t have fall for him and the second she agreed to marry him; it was because she knew this man would never cause her any pain. Despite all the fear of feeling pain and heartbroken, she can’t help but to have a strong affection developed for him.

 

“When I was in US,” Riin stared still on the carpeted floor, voice barely above whisper, “the year I’m sitting for the final paper, my father passed away. In order to avoid having me distress about appa’s death, oppa didn’t tell me and when I’m back, appa’s funeral ended before I could even see him for the one last time.” Gently wiping off the tears, she continued “Not too long later, omma got married to uncle and oppa left to god knows where it is. Guilty has a strong power you know.”

 

By now, Junsu had pulled her into his pair of warm arms. Riin could feel his soft heartbeats as her back leaned against his chest. “What happened then?”

 

Riin buried her face on his arm, “with the amount of debt uncle owed, we have no options but to sell off appa’s house. Appa always say, no matter what happens he’ll not sell the house.” Junsu’s arm was drenched by her crystal tears. “We didn’t even keep the promise we’d made.”

 

Golden silence filled the room; he turned her around to face him, mildly. He could see every drip of the tears in her eyes rolled down her face. Reaching his hand over to her face, he has his thumb gently wiping off her face. “Don’t cry…” pulling her into his arms again, he has his hand brushed through her silky hair. “Silly girl…”

 

-

 

On the next morning, as usual, Riin got up before eight and helped Nicole in preparing breakfast. Usually Junsu would awake by the penetration of morning sunlight through their glass window. Nevertheless, because they were back in home at a very late time, Riin thought she should let him sleep for a little longer. Consequently, she did not pull the curtain to one side. By the time Junsu got up, he looked around and realized it is half past eight. Pacing towards the wardrobe room he saw his office suit was matched and placed nicely on the hanger stand.

 

“Inhwan,” Riin stood up from her seat and walked up to the little boy, “Are you done yet? We got to go in ten minutes time.”

 

“Riin come on,” Jaejoong shook his head, “still have plenty of time.”

 

Riin pouted and as she felt a familiar hand placed on her waist, she whirled round to meet Junsu’s eyes staring into hers attentively. “You’re up?” her brow arched.

“Going already?” Junsu looked at her in confusion, not understanding. “I’ll just grab a bite and come with you.” He took his seat whilst having his eyes on her, “rushing to office? Give me five minutes and I’ll be right there.”

 

Holding on his shoulder, she assured “its fine. Actually you don’t have the need to wake up so early everyday just to send Inhwan to kindergarten.” She opened forth her arms to Inhwan as he got into her, “I can fetch him instead so that you could sleep for a little longer.”

 

Junsu stood up, the smile on his face fell and instead was replaced by a stern face of expression. “What do you mean?”

 

Jessica nudged on Jaejoong’s arm, “We’re done, and shall make our move. Unnie, I’ll bring Inhwan up to get prepared.”

 

They waited until the both leave the dining room before beginning, Riin tilted her head over her shoulder to see if they had left. “Since Heebon is back, I think you should spare more time for her. Having to send Inhwan and me, it’s troublesome and maybe you can actually take this free time to meet Heebon. Don’t have to worry about me and Inhwan.”

 

“What do you mean?” he repeated.

 

Riin looked away and forced out a bitter smile. “I mean you don’t have to spend the time in dropping me and Inhwan off instead, go ahead look for Heebon.” Crossing her hands over her chest, she rubbed her arms comfortlessly “I’ve made it clear, didn’t I?”

 

His arms met his hips, “You don’t have to do this.” Junsu patience is meeting an end and might flare up anytime having to see the coldness in Riin.

 

“She’s back and the both of you need some time in patching back, that’s all I can do. I’m not going to be an obstruction hindering your way.” she turned around and sauntered towards the exit.

 

“I never ask anything from you…”

 

-

 

After sending Inhwan, Riin drove back to office. Leaning her head on the steering wheel, she closed her weary eyes. Her mind was overwhelmed by her weary thoughts and she wonder has she lose her sanity. After all that had happened, could she really stay by Junsu side until the pact comes to an end? Would she be a hindrance for the both lovers and she dreaded to think, is it time to leave. All of the sudden, someone knocked on her car window which frightened her. Eyes widened in shock, Riin looked up to see Junsu.

 

As she opened the door, she was wrapped tightly in his arms. Patting on his back, she wasn’t sure what’d happened. “Junsu…what’s wrong?”

 

Pulling her away, he placed his hand on her forehead, “I should ask you, are you okay, gastric?”

 

She eyed at him, confused with him, “what gastric?”

 

“That’s why I told you I’ll drive you to office,” Junsu slightly raised his voice. “You’re sick and you still insist on driving. Stop this stubbornness of yours. Do you want me to melt this ice princess again?”

 

“I’m not sick!” she pushed him off her. Pointing over to her grey BMW M3, she said “Just now I was tired and just rest my head on the steering wheel. What’s with you?”

 

Securing her in his arms again, he mumbled “You scared me. Look, your car is parked right beside mine.” He sighed, “We ought to stop. It’s ridiculous you know having to drive two cars when we’re heading to the same destination.” Running his hand up and down her back, he hoped Riin would compromise.

 

“Stop making things more difficult and stop polluting the nature, okay.”

 

Riin chuckled to his last statement, “Fine…I can never change your decision, aren’t I?”

 

“Moron,” he pinched on her cheek and without his conscious, a smile creeping on his lips.

 

-

 

“The reason why we’re having this meeting is because,” Junsu stopped awhile, threatened by the fiery gaze of Jaejoong’s. “I guess all of you know her, she’s none other than over ex marketing manager, Park Heebon-shi. She’ll be back in the marketing department holding the position of manager.”

 

“Along with Riin-shi, is it?” Jaejoong purposely add fuel to the fire as if the situation was not bad enough.

 

“Meeting dismiss,” Junsu said sternly. “The Kims please remained seated and for further information, memo will be released by 4pm.”

 

Closing the door behind her, Junsu’s secretary ambled back to her place. Junsu stood up from his seat, “For this mean time, Heebon will replace Riin’s post and we’ll arrange…”

 

“Okay…” Jaejoong got up from his seat, “Let’s see what dad and granny would say about this ‘new arrangement’ of yours, hyung.” He grabbed hold on Riin’s wrist, “we’re taking a half day leave.”

 

-

 

“Jaejoong ah…” Riin tapped her fingers against the table. “It’s very rude for you to put Junsu in such bad situation.”

 

He looked up at her, “What? His fault after all,”

 

She shrugged her shoulders, “why are you so angry over such small thing? Right from the start, it was because the post is unfilled and that’s why I helped out. Now that Heebon-shi is back, I shall step down.”

 

“Riin,” he held on her hand, concernedly. “Now that she’s back, what are you planning to do? What’s he going to do?”

 

Riin opened to answer but find the words lost in the air because, she doesn’t know either.

 

-

 

When she’s back in office, she bumped into Yoona on her way out from the lift. The files in Yoona’s hands scattered on the floor. Gathering the papers, Riin picked up a boarding pass. Handing it to Yoona, she asked “Going California, with Yoochun-shi?”

 

Grabbing hold on it almost immediately, Yoona’s face turned scared. “Yeah…have lots of things to do, have to go. Bye…” she waved and walked away.

 

‘knock knock’

 

“Mrs. Kim,” Yuri entered the room after closing the door. She placed a document file on her desk, “This is previous month’s sales statistics.” Upon seeing the perplexed face of expression on Riin, she explained “the complete version.”

 

Nodding her head, she said “Yeah I know, but this should be handed to Heebon-shi not to me,” putting it on the tray on the left side of the desk, she motioned Yuri to sit. “From tomorrow forth, I’ll be sitting the seat next to you.” Riin pointed out at the empty seat. Still having the warm smile on her face, she said “the both of us will report to Heebon-shi, so if it’s possible, maybe you can help me in spreading out the news to your fellow colleagues to stop calling me Manager Kim, Riin-shi will do.”

 

“How ironic can life be, before this I was the assistant to the marketing manager, which is you. Now I’m still your assistant, but is assistant manager’s assistant.” Riin arched her brow. The pretty girl before her smiled, “complicating isn’t it.”

 

‘knock knock’

 

“Riin-shi…” it was Heebon.

 

“I guess, I shall make my move first,” Yuri excused herself.

 

“Have a seat,” Riin smiled but to receive no polite respond from the girl stood before her.

 

“I’m going to be straight forward,” Heebon said. “As you know, from tomorrow on you’re under me. I don’t care how much love the Kim Family is giving you but bear in mind, whatever you have in your hand now, is all belong to me.”

 

“I…”

 

“I’m not done yet,” she cut her off fierily. Walking up to Riin’s seat, she stooped to have an eye level with her. “Leave…I don’t want him to be blamed. Your presence is causing us way too much trouble.”

 

Riin remained silent.

 

Heebon held on her shoulder, “Think over it. Besides, please hold on with the promotion list. I’ll take charge of it.” She made her way towards the exit.

 

“No,” Riin stood up from her seat. “Everything I can compromise with you but the promotion list had finalized. You ought not to make any changes to it, in fact, those are done by me and it shouldn’t be changed,” she said firmly.

 

Looking over her shoulder, her eyes were humiliating, “I’ve said I’ll look after it. Do you think you still have the right in doing so?”

 

-

 

“Riin…” Junsu called whilst shaking her shoulder, softly “Why are you spacing out? Tired?”

 

“No…” she shook her head then leaned her back against the seat again. Junsu frowned, “No, we’re here already. Are you sick or there’s something bothering you?”

 

She looked around realized they are in the complex car park basement, “Sorry…tired I guess…” she opened the car door and sauntered towards the lift lobby.

 

Pressing on the up arrow button, Junsu turned to see Riin once again space out with her eyes staring still at one point. Waving his hand before her eyes, it doesn’t seem to attract her attention. He placed his hands on her shoulder and shook her a little. “Hey…are you sure you’re okay? Maybe we should go home, does it sound better?”

 

She moved his hand off her, “I’d said I’m fine.”

 

As they stepped out the elevator, Junsu clasped his hand with hers. “Should we eat something before shop for the present?”

 

“Anything will do,” she replied.

 

Junsu halted his move as he turned Riin to face him. Lowering his head, he stared into her eyes concernedly, “You seems different today. So out of reach, I can barely get to figure out what’s in your mind and that bothered me badly.”

 

“Ever since the minute I know about Heebon’s return,” the smile on Junsu’s face faded almost instantly at the mention of her name. “There’s a lot of thing gushing through my mind…and it’s frustrating…”

 

“You can tell me,” Junsu cut her off. “Don’t keep it in your heart and we shall solve the problem together.”

 

“But…” she looked down for a brief moment and as she’s ready to face Junsu again, something averted her eyes. She saw a guy resembled a familiar person eyes widened; she shrugged off Junsu’s hand on her shoulders. “Oppa…” she ran towards the main entrance of the complex, continuously shouting “Oppa…Hankyung oppa…”

 

“Riin…” Junsu finally grabbed hold on her wrist, trying to calm her down. “Stop, you would slip and fall. He’s not your brother if he is; he would answer you instead of…”

 

“Oppa…” she tried hard in swinging off his hand on hers. “Junsu…I’m certain he is. Why didn’t he answer me, how come my voice was as if his total ignorant?”

 

Hugging her securely, he patted on her head an effort in consoling his wife. “Riin calm down, he just resemble your brother but not him.” She was crying hardly in his arms “Why did he leave us…three years, three years have passed. Doesn’t he miss us? Junsu…”

 

-

 

ring~

 

“Riin…” Junsu pulled her off his arms, “answer the call…”

 

Cradling on his chest, she murmured “you answer it…”

 

“Gosh…” he reached over to her cell phone and answered it. “Yoochun…” his eyes goggled upon hearing the opposite line voice.

 

Riin too jumped up instantly upon hearing the name slipped off his lips. Snatching her phone from Junsu, she struggled in the process. By then, both Junsu and Riin were complete awaked from their sleep; eyes were no longer half opened. Using her leg in placing on his chest, she avoids having him listen to their conversation.

 

“What do you mean by that?” she withdrew her leg before giving Junsu a strong kick on his chest. “Yoona is gone?”

 

After ending the call, Riin pulled Junsu up, “Fetch me to the airport, Yoona is running away.”

 

“Running away, what do you meant by that?” Junsu frowned in confusion, still rubbing on his aching chest. “She didn’t resign, how could she leave Korea?”

 

Wearing on the slipper for him, she pulled him up. “That has nothing to do with resigning or not. I saw her holding a boarding pass to California earlier today.” pushing him into the wardrobe room, “faster get change…”

 

-

 

“Her flight is on 3.30 am…” Junsu said.

 

“How do you know and sounded so certain?” she shot him a glistening glare.

 

Rolling his eyes, he pointed at the flight schedule board. “Now I realized you can’t really think when you’re in this state, aren’t you.”

 

Snapping on his arm, she glared up at him “stop joking around and search for her.”

 

“I’ll go this way and you go that way, ice princess…”

 

Walking around the Incheon Airport for almost fifteen minutes, Riin finally spotted a familiar figure sitting solely on the bench nearby the departure gate. Junsu found her too, he was about to call Riin but halted when he sees Riin was making her way towards Yoona. Taking a seat beside Yoona, she was rather taken aback to see Riin. She looked at her, eyes-wide.

 

“You shouldn’t leave…” Riin did not turn to her instead staring still on the floor.

 

“What gave me out?” Yoona sighed. She never thought there will be anyone knows she’s leaving. “The boarding pass, was it?”

 

Riin grinned, “That was one of it, but that one person who became the reason I’m here,” she turned looking at Yoona smilingly, “was your fiancé, Park Yoochun.”

 

“Yoochun?”

 

“You’re really clueless, aren’t you?” she clasped both her hands and placed on her lap. Seeing the complex expression on Yoona’s face, she can’t help but to let out a chuckle. “You should listen to how anxious his voice was just now. From his voice, I can say he somehow has feeling for you.”

 

Yoona shook her head, “No matter what, I’m still his fiancée who had been living with him for quite some time. I guess he just pities me…”

 

“What are you talking about?” Riin held on Yoona’s hand. “Believe in me. I think no one understand him better than I do. I and he was just a past but you and he is his future.” Patting on her shoulder convincingly, she assured “The moment I received his call asking for your whereabouts, I know I’m no longer in his heart. Sometimes, if you love a person you need to have a little bit of faith. Then you would be able to write a future together with him.”

 

“Faith…”

 

“Yes, trust me” she reassured. “In this world, if you have faith in it…everything is possible.”

 

“You should have faith too then,” Yoona smiled. “Junsu, he’ll not leave you for Heebon. I have a strong feeling that, the person who would stay by his side till the very end will be you.”

 

“Perhaps faith can’t really used in my case,” Riin said. “A love so strong that nothing can come between…I don’t think my everlasting faith could go between this love of theirs,” tears enter her eyes.

 

“Yoona…” they both turned around to see the out of breath Yoochun.

 

“I ought to make my move,” Riin stood up and as she walked pass Yoochun, she looked up at him, “Good luck.”

 

Walking up to Yoona, he held on her hand “Please give me another chance. Give me a chance to cherish you, will you?”

 

A smile crept on her face, “Park Yoochun…you’re the most horrible man I’d ever met. Why do I always die in your hands?” she hits against his chest.

 

“Because I’m your only weakness,” he threw both his arms around her, embracing her securely.

 

Both Riin and Junsu who stood not too far from the couple, smiled. “Settled…” Riin crossed her arms over her chest.

 

“How did you do that?” Junsu was curious.

 

A small smile creeping on her lips, she tilted her head to the side, “I didn’t do anything.” She admitted as she made her way towards the main entrance of Incheon Airport. Sliding his hand into hers, he never stops pestering her with questions. “Okay,” she halted her steps. “If two souls are fated to be together, no matter what happens, how many obstructions ahead them, they will go through it and come together as one. Nobody can separate them.”

 

“Soul mate huh…”

 

“Perhaps…”

 

Interlocking his hand with hers, he whispered into her ear “For us…we’re fated too…”

 

Pulling away from him, she beamed “As for us, I would say coincidence. Our meeting is a coincidence and it will soon end.” She withdrew her hand from him and walked away.

 

Grasping on her wrist, Junsu pulled her towards the car. “I’ll bring you to a place.”

 

As they reached, Junsu stopped the car. “Sleeping mask and cloth choose one.”

 

“Both are no good options,” she pouted.

 

“Choose one!” he insisted.

 

“Cloth…” she opted.

 

“Moron,” Junsu sneered, holding on both her shoulders, he turned her around so that he could tie it on her head. “Cloth would be my last choice….”

 

“Why are you blind folding me?” she asked then heard a door click sound. And suddenly her door opened, Junsu held on her hand. “Follow me…”

 

“Junsu, I can’t see where I’m going,” she grasped on the arms which extended across her chest. “Where are we heading to?”

 

“Shh…your voice aching my ears,” Junsu hushed. “We’re almost there…here,”

 

“Almost there and now we reached,” Riin bumped into his chest, “you’re really bad in guiding people…”

 

Junsu untied the cloth, “I’m not a tour guide for your information…”

 

“It has nothing to do with that…” She looked up at the tree and with a snap of fingers, the tree before her adorned with ornaments and lights stood in iridescence. “This tree…”

 

Hugging her from behind, he whispered “You planted it with your parents when you’re at the age of 5, if I’m not mistaken.”

 

Once again tears enter her eyes. By now, she realized ever since Junsu made his existence in her life, she has never stopped crying. Each and every move of his has caused much pain to her but in the same time, she would feel happy and blissful never seems to leave her.  

 

Whirling around to face him, to her surprise, Junsu pecked on her lips. “If liking someone, you would want to know about her and not by asking her but finding it out.”

 

“Junsu…” she covered .

 

“There’s still one more place,” he held on her hand and led the way.

 

After almost three minutes of walking, they had finally reached the beach, Riin sees a house adorned with orange color lights and each step of the stairs that lead the way to the house were placed with a cube lit candle. It was beautiful, calming and romantic enough to drown Riin into confusion once again. Her eyes never leave the house as here was the place where she grew up with her brother and live a peaceful life with her parents. She never thought she’ll be able to come back to this place ever since the minute she agreed to put the house up for sale.

 

“I was really lucky,” Junsu admitted for the first time. He has never believes in luck as to him, if a person is capable whether you have luck or not, you’ll succeed. “If I am late for another minute, this house would be bulldozed by the owner.”

 

Throwing her arms around Junsu’s neck, the tears in her eyes stream down her face. “Stop being so good to me, by the time arrives, I might not be able to let go.”

 

“Don’t let go then…” he uttered.

 

“You’re cruel.” Riin squatted down. “Those vague saying of yours is killing me, Kim Junsu. So quit it okay.”

 

Tenderly pulling her up from the white sandy beach, he tucked her fringe behind her ears. “I know I’d asked you not to make things more difficult, but more than anything, I’d rather have you not to lie, not to keep away what you’re feeling?” holding on her face with both his hands, he said “I have no six sense so don’t expect me to be able to read your mind easily. Tell me how you feel…”

 

“Like you said I’m a moron. I can easily misunderstand you and might not be able to pull out from this relationship.” She lowered her head, not daring to have any eye contact with him.

 

“Riin…”

 

“Junsu,” she cut him off whilst pushing both his hands off her face. “I won’t come close to dying if you want to divorce,” she finally said the word which is dreading to be said all this while. “If I could live for 22 years without you, I won’t die. I will not suicide for sure and you don’t have to worry of that.”

 

“All I’m asking for is that you don’t make it so much harder. Not for you to give up before I do.” He wrapped her tightly yet soft not to hurt her. “I may be selfish, but you can’t let go until I do. You came into my life all of the sudden, it’s not about if you could move on or not but is me. I may not…”

 

“But…the promise you made, Heebon is the love of your life and…”

 

He crushed his lips against Riin’s, suddenly making her falling back. If it’s not his hand supporting her, she might fell. Ignoring the fact that she was trying to push him off, he kissed her harder wanting a response. Her mind was as if drowned in the seven wide oceans. She wasn’t sure what exactly he was thinking. Day and night he had been hoping for Heebon to return and now that she has returned and Riin willing to step out, he’s not letting go. Riin was confused. No matter how hard she tried, he refused to stop. He always knew how to get the best of her, how to make her lose grip of her mind; driving her crazy. She cried for him to stop but he wouldn’t. Soft lips wiped away her tears that finally had spilled, it travelled everywhere. Catching her tears, he kissed on her eyes, her nose, her cheek and in between, he would rest his forehead on hers still having his lips in contact with hers.

 

“You can’t let go until I do…”

 

“Please don’t be this cruel to me…I beg you,”

 

“Do you really want a divorce?” he asked seriously.

 

“We should…”

 

“It’s not about we should have one,” he cut her off, sternly. “You, it’s about you. Do you really need one?”

 

She was speechless.

 

“Then why are you bringing this up? If you’re to use the pact as an excuse, fine, but the contract that we signed has not come to an end yet.” He reminded her.

 

“Sooner or later…we’ll need one.” She looked down having her mind gushing with thoughts, unsure with what she was doing and what she wanted.

 

Before she realized, his lips pressed against hers. It was slightly gentle than the previous- he wasn’t angry but demanding, more frustrated. She tried to stay still but it was not long before he got her respond to his kiss. He tilted his head; deepening their kiss. Close to a minute later, Junsu pulled away whilst Riin avoided his eyes.

 

He somehow forced her to face him, holding firmly on her hand, he whispered “If you can tell that you don’t like me, I will give you the divorce.”

 

The ambience around them filled with melancholy silence as none of them know what should be said at this point of time. She found herself utterly puzzled.

 

“Riin, I want you to be happy because…”

 

 

Presented by Celestine Blue

//My everything//

 

090907