Chapter 1

My Everything

 

~ My Everything ~ Chapter 1~

 

-Two years ago-

 

“Junsu oppa,” she hopped over to him. “Stop having your fingers typing unstoppably on the keyboard! It’s your day off and you should have some rest, have some time…”

 

“Have some time to play around with you, am I right Park Heebon?” he cut her off with his eyes still staring on the reports before turning to face his beloved girlfriend. Seeing the pouted lips, he can’t help but to pulled her over and seated on his lap. “Another half an hour, I’ll not break the promise again,” he whispered through her neck which made her itchy.

 

Pushing him away before stepping on the carpeted floor again, “I’ll never believe in Kim Junsu again. He’s a big fat liar and I hate him!” she walked away angrily heading towards the door to the exit of his working room.

 

Sensed that her tone of voice was serious compared to the previous times, he realized he had went overboard this time round. Almost instantly he got up from his swivel chair and strode over to her reaching for her arm. Pulling her back he encircled his arms firmly around her slender waist.

 

Lowers his head to steal glance at Heebon, “I’m sorry, it’s a small matter so let’s not make it big, okay?” they seldom will get into a fight nor will they argue over small things as once Junsu sense the smoke coming from Heebon, he knows she’s on a verge of flaring up. And that gives him the sign to not bombard her any further. “I know I was wrong. I’ll buy you the prettiest pearl in the world so don’t pouts that lips of yours, deal?”

 

Seeing a smile creeping on her face, he knows he had won once again. In the past, they would get into an argument once in awhile but right on that night Junsu would settle the problem and not let it affect their relationship. Perhaps it was his tolerance that had endures this relationship until this day. It has been three years since they had started off this firm relationship. They were so close that whenever you find either of them you would too found the other one. The both were like twins; can never be separate. From dawn till dusk, they were together. Leaving each other for one minute might kill them. Despite sharing a same interest, personality and behavior the Kim Family has not give them a nod. Never at once that had his family agree to this relationship. Especially his grandmother, she had always against to the two. Therefore, this leads him to move out from their mansion and stay with Heebon under the same roof. It had been two years

 

“Alright, you’re not angry and I shall continue with my work,” he made his way towards his working room.

 

“You better go to die!” she took off her slipper and threw it over to Junsu’s head and her aim was perfect; it hit him before landing on the floor.

 

Whirling over to meet her, his mischievous smile appeared again which had palpitates her heart a million times faster than before. Closing in their distant, he gradually reached his hand over hers, “You’ll need to repay me for that,” he smirked before carrying her up in his arms and pacing into their bedroom.

 

“Kim Junsu!” she hits on his chest. “Don’t you dare do anything, aren’t you busy with that report of yours. Go ahead and keep your hands contact with the keyboard.”

 

“Ain’t this you wanted since the very first minute you kept bugging me,” he placed her down on the bed and keeping their gap close. “Hmm…why is your mouth shut?”

 

She turned her head away, “I’m not talking to you anymore.”

 

“Well, we shall proceed then,” he pecked on her lips, then again before it turned into a passionate kiss.

 

“I love you,” she murmured to the kiss.

 

“I know.”

 

-

 

“Kim Taeyeon,” she whirled ever so slowly just to avoid seeing her angry friend. She was supposed to replace her since she needed to help out her mother. However, Taeyeon once again broke their promise. Having both her hands together, she shut her eyes. “I’m sorry but Kangin had changed his day off and that I really can’t exchange my shift with you.”

 

Having her brows frowning solemnly, her face was darkened and she was really upset by her friend’s behaviour. Bringing up her arms to her waist, “That’s the way you beg for forgiveness? What did you say the last time I switched my shift with you, you weren’t like that based on my memory?”

 

Placing her hands over her shoulders, Taeyeon lowered her head whilst peeking at her angry friend. “Yah Jang Riin, this will be the last time I promise.”

 

“Does your promise worth a penny to believe?” she sneered coldly without even having a look at her.

 

“Hey you,” Taeyeon was about to raised her voice again. Upon receiving a glistening glare from Riin, she realized it was her wrong at the very first place. “I mean…I really don’t mean to ruin your plan. After all you’re only going to help your mum in cleaning the apartment. You can always do it another day…”

 

“And that your date can never postpone it, right” Riinfolded her arms before her chest. “Selfish!”

 

“I’ll treat you for the next whole week, okay” she ran off to the locker room before shouting to her “The new marketing manager will be coming tonight, serve him with all your best.”

 

“Kim Taeyeon, is that another reason of yours in running off!”

 

“Miss…”

 

“What?” she turned around to see a guy in white shirt layered with a tee and a plain Bermuda with two pockets by the side. “I’m sorry, are you looking for someone?”

 

“Stepping into a clothing shop,” he looked at her from head to toe then face her directly. He seems to be rather agitated by her awhile ago bad manner. “Clothes are what I’m supposed to be looking for, shouldn’t I?”

 

Bowing her head as low as she could, she felt sorry and this man here standing before her is just giving her a fierce vibes. “I’m really sorry. It’s not like how you see, awhile ago I was speaking to my colleague and I got provoked a little.”

 

“No matter in what situation and circumstances,” he walked away from her towards the cashier counter and took the briefing book into hand freely. “You shall give the best image to the customer and never reveals them the ugly side of you.” Bringing up his head, he looks into her eyes, “understand?”

 

“Deh…” as she realized how obedient she answered and the unanswered confusion due to his weird actions, she looked up to him completely puzzled “By any chance, are you?”

 

Closing the book, he nodded “From today on, I am taking over the main branch of Lotte Fashion. I’m Park Yoochun, and you are this branch person in charge?”

 

“Definitely not,” she shook her head while moving her hand left right no. “First in charge she’s on leave today while second in charge she’s on medical leave.”

 

“And the whole shop left you alone?” he widened his eyes; half surprised half furious it seems.

 

“There’ll be another part timer clocking in around eight,” her words trembled out in fear.

 

Slamming the book on the cashier counter, his charming voice said “The shopping complex closes at 10 so what’s the point of having a staff clocking in at 8.”

 

“Having two better than one,” she innocently replied which gained her a dead glare. “I mean during that ending two hours, there’ll be rather many customers.”

 

“Will…that’s mean you’re unsure,” he walked up to her, “There are still chances of no customer stepping in occurred.”

 

“Shall I call her not to come?” she turned around and eyes on the phone.

 

Grabbing hold on her wrist, he said “Have you ever arrange the wall display?”

 

“I’ve tried once on the table display,” she answered as a matter of fact but won her another killing reply. “Stop answering useless and pointless answer. It’s because you don’t understand my question? Give it a try.” He pulled the ladies display rack with clothes hanging on towards her side, “I’ll be doing the men’s one. Get it done in an hour time.”

 

“An hour?” she stood in confusion for a moment as she recalled it took Taeyeon and Sunye about three hours to get it done. “I’m really doomed.”

 

After almost an hour, Yoochun had done with all the men’s display. Rolling his sleeves up, he had a brief glance over the twelve blocks of the ladies’ wall display. Although two of the blocks the color weren’t that matched but in some way, she had done it pretty well since it was her first attempt.

 

“Riin,” he pulled her behind with one hand on her shoulder and another pointing over to one of the display wall. “You see that, don’t you think filling it with light blue would give a better view?” holding on her hand, he walked her to the very corner of the shop, “While this, the color is too dark and you should fill some bright color to make it brighter.”

 

“I guess I’m beginning to understand what you mean,” she rubbed her nape of her neck.

 

“Jang Riin right,” he took out his handkerchief and gently wipes on her forehead, “you’re sweating…”

 

“I’ll do it myself,” she takes it into her hand and looked away with her flushed red face.

 

At the very first sight, Yoochun had found this girl here standing before him very unusual. She seems to be leaving a rather indistinctive impression to him.

 

-

 

Answering his cell phone call, his half closed eyes soon widened a little upon hearing his assistant and also his best friend’s voice. He sat up while pulling the blanket a little higher to cover his bare body. “Eunhyuk, what’s that?”

 

“The president wishes to see you now,” he casually said. “You shall be here within ten minutes.”

 

“Is that a command or notification?” he got off from his bed and headed into the bathroom with only a pant on. “What do he wants this time?”

 

“Regarding the promotion of Mr. Park,” Eunhyuk replied. “It seems that President Kim had decided to promote him to the position of manager in sales and marketing department. The recent discussed project will also be passed to him in handling,” he made it clear.

 

Pressing on the red button, he threw his cell phone onto the sink. “Park Yoochun, up to this point he’s the only one you believe in.”

 

“Junsu,” Heebon hugged him from behind, pulling him closer to her. “Don’t be like this. You’ll definitely win your cousin, I have faith with you.”

 

He gently rubbed on her hands that had clasped around his waist bringing it up to give a peck on it. “I’m leaving and might not be coming back tonight.”

 

“No worries,” she turned him around to face her. “I’ll be waiting for you right here no matter what happen, a pact that has no due date.”

 

Pulling her into his embracement, he relieved that the one person he truly loves is still here by his side. “With only you by my side nothing really matters,” he gently kissed on her bare shoulder.

 

-

 

“Actually, I’ve met the staffs who work in the main branch and that…” before he could even put an end to his sentence, someone had stormed into the meeting room without even a courtesy knock on the door.

 

As usual, they all were used to this habit of Junsu. “Sorry for being late.”

 

“Shouldn’t you change that attitude of yours, . General Manager?” Yoochun voiced out before turning his eyes to Junsu. His voice sounded challenging.

 

Junsu is not the type of a person who could control his anger. Despite that, he was able to restrain his fury from bursting out in front of the shareholders. “You were in the middle of something I see, mind repeating it?”

 

“I’ve met the staffs and realized their working schedule is rather undisciplined. This might affect the shop’s customer service,” he explained. “I planned on transferring both the first and second in charge and promote two of the promoters.”

 

Looking over to his father in serious manner, his father somehow a little taken back by his sudden seriousness as he never was in the past meetings. “Sooyoung did a good job over the past few years. I don’t see there’s any problem occurred. Besides, other than these two others are all lacked of experience,” Junsu stated.

 

“I’ve thought of that and had also gone through it,” Yoochun gathered some of the papers in his file and hand it over to President Kim. “Here are the latest merchandises and beside it are the displays that had arranged by one of the two. Last page of it is the report that had been prepared by a promoter named Kim Taeyeon. This girl had worked for almost three years and I can see she matched all the criteria of a PIC.”

 

“Since these are all under your management,” he turned to Yoochun, “do as you wish, we’ll respect your final decision. After all the project has passed it to you, you have right in doing what’s the best for the result.”

 

Yoochun looked over to Junsu and formed a friendly smile. He somehow indirectly has won him again. Since they were little, they had always been competing with one another. Junsu was a genius in school back then. In a short period of time, he had finished his elementary studies and very fast continue his high school studies before stepping his foot into the university at the age of 17. Yoochun was almost the same as him and they together entered the university took the same course. However it was because Junsu’s childishness that made President Kim always believes that Yoochun can make a better leader. In spite of that, President Kim had yet promoted Junsu to become the assistant general manager.

 

All four of his siblings have stated clearly and made a firm decision on not helping in the family business. Yunho his elder brother had made known in the world of food and beverage as for Changmin his second brother was well known in the industry of designing. Move on to his younger brother, Jaejoong, he had once said he’s unsure to will he end up in Lotte Group but at least he will give a thought on it. Jessica, their baby sister, she gained interest in architect and has a hope in becoming a government architect. This had drive President Kim crazy. With a number of children but only one is helping him with the family business. He has no choice but to put all his hope on Junsu and sometime will persuade the both Junsu and Yoochun to work on together in handling Lotte Group.

 

-

 

Half a year had passed swiftly by. Ever since the meeting, Yoochun seldom neither talk nor do he want to have anything to deal with him. During this time, he was busy with the latest project of the Valentine’s special promotion. He had been working on different advertising ideas but just couldn’t come out with the right one. Once in awhile, he would visit shops in Lotte World to see how the shops are working and check on the sales. Since the last meeting with Riin, he often goes to Lotte Fashion and every time he would choose the right time where Riin having break. He would use all kind of excuse to make her spend her break time with him. It has been almost two weeks in a row that the both of them have lunch and dinner together. Today once again he had stuck in the middle of the unsettled project. Instead of locking himself in the office thinking nothing but staring still before the computer screen, he went for a drive.

 

Driving pass the bus stop, Yoochun meets a familiar girl. Stopping right in front of Riin, his car window was scroll down and he looked over to her. “Get in; I’ll give you a ride home.”

 

Riin stepped back a little and stuttered, “No thanks…”

 

“Offending your superior is an unwise thing to do, so get in.”

 

“But is after working hours, you can’t consider that as an action of offending.”

 

Yoochun chuckled, “Just get in; I won’t take any advantage on you. How long do you plan on waiting here? You ended work at 6 and it’s already half past 7.”

 

Riin looked down on her watch, he was right. It was so long she had waited that she didn’t even realized the exact time she had stated waiting for the bus.

 

“Other than bus no other way to get home?” Yoochun casually asked.

 

“There is,” Riin slightly stretched her hands, “walk home.”

 

“What,” he was rather shocked as he pulled to a stop at the traffic light. “You mean walk home from Lotte World?”

 

“I’ve tried thrice,” she smilingly answered. “Quite interesting though, with the sun halfway setting by the time reaching home, you could see the moon. The greatest thing is that you’ll be able to witness the sunset and the moon makes its appearance.”

 

“Give me a call if you have no other choice but to walk home,” he handed her his name card before continuing his drive. “A girl shouldn’t be walking such a long distance more over at such late time.”

 

“Why should I?” she was surprised.

 

He turned to her awhile then back to his drive. He himself wasn’t sure to why he made such decision all of the sudden. Feeling his face flushing red, he brushed off the awkwardness “You’re my subordinate and it’s my responsibility to look after you.”

 

Riin just remained silent and says nothing throughout the ride back home. “I’m here, thanks for the ride.” She unbuckled the seatbelt and when she’s ready to step out the car, Yoochun grabbed hold on her hand. “How can I contact you?”

 

“Mr. Park, I think we shouldn’t be contact or even seeing each other anymore,” Riin uneasily withdrew her hand from his held. “Others might misunderstand us and don’t you think we’re proceeding a little bit too fast?” she pouted her lips childishly, “this job is very important to me.”

 

Seeing Riin stepped out from his car, he too followed. Walking over to her side, he tried to explain. Before he could, a group of guys who dressed up similar to gangster approached Riin.

 

“Jang Riin,” one of them dragged her over to him fiercely and forcefully. “When are you going to pay your debts?”

 

“Didn’t omma pay you this month’s?” she asked curiously.

 

Twisting her hand, the guy raised his voice, “The both of you are in a game huh? She said you bank in it now you’re pushing it to your mother!”

 

“Hey let go off her hand,” Yoochun kicked on his arm to break free Riin’s wrist. “Are you alright?”

 

“WATCH OUT MR. PARK!!” Riin screamed.

 

Presented by Celestine Blue

//My everything//

 

090409