Chapter 30

My Everything

 

~ My Everything ~ Chapter 30~

 

Crossing her arms before her chest whilst watching at her husband childishly and dumbly shredding the contract, piece by piece; she can’t help but smiled. The moment they stepped their foot into the Kim Mansion, Junsu had dragged Riin up to his father’s study room to talk about the pact they had two years ago. Mr. Kim was glad to hear the news that there’re not separating and that pact was no longer needed. While inserting the papers into the shredder, the smile on Junsu’s face was getting wider and wider.

 

“Laugh out loud if you want,” he said, eyes still on the shredder. “Don’t hold back, it’s not good for your health.”

 

Leaning against the edge of the table, she placed her hands on her lap, grinning. “I find you being rather over and your expression is hilarious.” She sneered.

 

Seeing the final piece of the contract slowly eat up by the shredder, he took a seat on his armchair before pulling Riin over and sat on his lap. “Not only shredding it, I’m going to burn the shredded paper and flush it in the toilet bowl. That’s a ridiculous pact we used to have.” Tightening his arms around her slender waist, he pressed his lips on hers. “From this second forth, don’t you ever mention about the pact and leaving me, okay. We’ll never separate, no matter what happens. Never dare to have a thought that I’ll let go this hand of yours.”

 

Feeling his soft breathing against her neck, she shrugged her shoulder, uneasily. “When I turn into an awful old lady, you’ll regret what you’d just said.”

 

“I won’t,” his voice became serious, suddenly and it somehow surprised Riin. He looked into her eyes intently and those fawn eyes were as if able to speak, express his feeling. “I didn’t like you because of your look at the very first place. The only thing that had captivated my heart was your kind heart. I love you for who you are and not anything else.”

 

Riin was blushing heavily upon hearing his sincere talks and her heart beats faster than it was as their eyes meet. Looking into Junsu eyes could probably kills her, she construed. She never have this feeling; a feeling of owning Junsu forever. Today, she had received too many surprises that she needed time to comprehend with it. Having Junsu by her side just like now, it has never come to her mind. Riin has always remind herself that she’ll only stay with Junsu for two years and when the time of her leaving arrives, she’ll leave him all by herself. She never thought things would end up this way. Up to this minute, she never believes in fairy tale and that Junsu should not have chosen her over Heebon. He should go back to Heebon’s side. But this might be fate, she tried to convince herself. It must be fate that had brought them together.

 

“Junsu,” she placed her hand against his broad chest to feel his heartbeats was almost the same as hers, palpitating unusually fast. She rested her head on his securing shoulder with her arms around his neck, “Everything shouldn’t end this way, and you know it. That’s too cruel; we’re being too cruel to Heebon.”

 

“That’s the reason why I needed to shred off the contract,” he whispered, very softly. “You don’t seem to have any faith in me.”

 

Shaking her head, she found comfort in her current position and even when Junsu wanted to seek for her eye contact, she insisted him not to move. “That’s not what I mean. Fairy tales, in those stories, prince will always end up with the poor kind hearted girl; but that doesn’t means in reality this will happens. There are only figments of imaginations; hallucination.”

 

Unclasping her arms, he sighed “No, us ended up together isn’t some sort of hallucination or illusion.” firmly with hers, he tried to give any sort of comfort to Riin in hoping that it will wash away her uncertainties. “Love can be very simple if you believe in the person you love. And that makes me think the love we have is simple as I believe in you. I believe that you love me from the bottom of your heart and I want you to know that, from now on Kim Junsu will only love a girl named, Jang Riin.” 

 

“Junsu…” not letting her to continue, he pressed his lips against hers. Riin tried to shoves him away but his dominating body controlled her, she could hardly move. His held on her was soft yet firm. Kissing her tenderly, he patiently waited for her to halts her futile struggle. Feeling her responding to his kisses, he deepened the kiss whilst his hands gently down to her small back. “I love you, my wife,” he murmured with his eyes still closed.

 

“Ahem…” Jessica cleared and almost immediately, Riin stood up from Junsu’s lap; she looked away with her face flushed red. “I’ll go see if oppa is here already…”

 

Junsu held on her wrist, pulling her back, “He’s not here yet, no point going down now.”

 

“I’m really sorry to interrupt you both,” Jessica said uneasily. “But, heomoni wants to see you two and I’m just here to inform…”

 

“Okay…”

 

-

 

“Oppa, why didn’t you call me since you’d reached…” she turned to Junsu. “See, my brother came here on time.” She pouted as her arm linked Hankyung’s arm, “Oppa, you should have call me first before coming in.”

 

Hankyung grinned, “I just arrived not too long ago and I bumped into Jaejoong when I was about to ring the bell.”

 

“Oh, Hankyung is here,” Mr. Kim smiled. “We shall begin the feast, shan’t we?”

 

Looking over to Mr. Kim, he bowed “Anyeonghaseyo, I’m Jang Hankyung, nice to meet you.” He stretched out his hand and shared a warm handshake, “I should have pay my visit earlier, but was rather busy back then with the company just has it expansion to Korea.”

 

Mr. Kim knew he was just giving an excuse as many of the Kim do knows that Riin’s brother was not too fond with the Kim Family. He hated his mother for forcing Riin to this arranged marriage. Mr. Kim had not expected him to come visit and he do know that Hankyung didn’t want to be here to begin with, it was Riin who insisted him; he knew. But at this moment seeing the picture before him, Hankyung cannot deny that his mother somehow had done something good and all he’ll do for now will only be giving them his blessing.

 

“You’d grown up,” Madam Kim patted on Hankyung’s back. “Probably you don’t remember me as the first time we met was also the last time. It was so many years ago and you were barely 10 years of age, in that time, you were a little witty kid.” She smiled, warmly.

 

“Granny Kim,” his face gleamed with smile. “Of course I remember. You were the lady who gave me coconut candy and from that minute on, I can’t get rid of it. You told me that, a boy will never cry when he falls. And to become a brave man, he’ll never shed a tear in front of anybody no matter what hardship he had undergone.”

 

Madam Kim nodded her head with a wide smile, happy to know that Hankyung has never forgotten what she had once told him. “Well, let’s have the dinner serve and we’ll go back in time, collect back the pieces of memories we’d left behind…” she laughed.

 

“Halmoni,” Jaejoong tucked his phone back into his pocket, “Yoochun won’t be coming. It seems Yoona is having a terrible time; nauseas slaughtering her slowly.” He chuckled.

 

“Ever since the day Yoona is pregnant,” Yunho took a seat next to Ara, “I seldom get to hear him and it was like he had disappeared.”

 

Changmin joined after pulling a chair for Yuri, “Yoona’s tummy is growing. She’ll be giving birth in about less than seven months, they must be really happy. Aunt Park too, I hardly get to see that wide smile on her face fade.”

 

“That very minute the sweet couple revealed her the great news, she never had got rid of that smile,” Mrs. Kim chuckled.

 

“I wonder when is my turn to smile for 24 seven,” Madam Kim added as all eyes averted to Junsu and Riin who had gone into their own world of three; busy feeding Inhwan with food.

 

“Look at the both of them,” Mr. Kim chortled upon seeing the mini happy family. “It would have been better if you both are two give Inhwannie a little sister or brother, wouldn’t it Riin?” he hinted.

 

“Huh…” Riin looked up to her father in law, a natural vacant look on her face. “Were you all talking about us, awhile ago?”

 

“You guys were really in your own world?” Hankyung shook his head, disbelievingly. His sister just looked at him, confused.

 

Yunho folded his arms across his chest and stare at them, “That’s a very bad manner for you to start eating before all of us has get our bum down.”

 

“It’s no good to keep a kid waiting for his food so long, moreover, his stomach had been growling since he’s back from school,” Junsu patted Inhwan’s silky raven hair.

 

“That’s because you dot him too much that caused this kid became so choosy over food,” Riin frowned.

 

“Okay, enough with that pushy mushy,” Jaejoong looked at Junsu at the corner of his eyes. He nudged his elbow, seeking for his attention “Baby, that’s what we were talking about just now.”

 

“Baby?” Junsu blinked his eyes several times before wrapping his arm around Riin’s shoulders, “Oh about that,” he averted his eyes to look at his beloved wife, slyly “we’re trying very hard, aren’t we?” Riin flushed, unsure of what ought to be said.

 

“Oh god…” Jessica rolled her eyes. “Stopped that for goodness sake, you’re with the elders for your information…”

 

Having his arm s down to her waist, securely “Jealous, envy? Bring Minho home then…” Junsu sneered.

 

“Oppa,” Jessica’s hand flew up to cover her blushing face as she slouched down from the chair, embarrassedly.

 

“I heard that before,” Changmin pointed over at Junsu, pretended to be angry. “Half a month before my engagement with Yuri, he’d been teasing me; nonstop.”

 

“Your bad,” Riin looked up at Junsu, grinning mischievously.

 

Madam Kim laughed, “Alright, aren’t we here to discuss about Yunho and Ara’s engagement party, are we?”

 

“We should stop with those little sweet stories…” Mr. Kim said. “So have both of you thought or plan how you wanted it to be?” Mrs. Kim asked both Yunho and Ara but to received a shrug from her son.

 

The taller man turned to Ara, “Changmin and Yuri’s engagement was good but it seemed to be rather simple, Ara’s parents thought.” “We’ve no idea at all…” the fair girl added.

 

“Omma had handled each and everything during our wedding,” Junsu said casually. “We know not much about the preparation, right.” He turned to Riin and she nodded.

 

Yunho looked at Junsu with his lame eyes, “Not even helping a bit, the both of you.”

 

“Let’s just talk about this later,” Jaejoong suggested. “I’m starving to death and look at Inhwan, he’s about to have his second bowl of rice.”

 

After dinner, Hankyung had pulled Riin out to the garden to have some brother sister time without informing or getting permission from Junsu as he knows Junsu could hardly get to part from his sister. Meanwhile, Yunho, Ara, Changmin, Yuri and the elders were having discussion about the engagement preparations leaving Inhwan with Junsu and Jaejoong. Sitting comfortably on the couch while they looking at Inhwan happily playing with his newly bought toys.

 

Jaejoong was having his left arm placed on the armrest of the couch as he gazed at Inhwan and the toys scattered around the carpet. “Honestly,” Junsu averted his attention from Inhwan back to the dark hair man, waiting for him to continue. “I was pretty surprised to see your expression changed completely when Siwon is brought into the topic. I mean, he just asked Riin out for a dinner, besides, Hankyung will be there too, I don’t see there’s any reason for you to stop her going. And the weirdest thing is, she obeyed you.” He shook his head with smile on face.

 

Leaning against the couch, he sighed “That Choi Siwon, I’m not too fond with him since day one meeting him and I don’t know why. There’s this odd feeling, whenever I see his face, my heart telling me not to let him come close or I myself approaching him.”

 

“Some kind of sixth sense of yours,” Jaejoong furrowed his brow, smile fading off.

 

Leaning forward, Junsu turned to his brother; he was serious “About the tiles from Paris, I’m sure you know everything regarding the upcoming development in Lotte. Everyone knows we’re keen to have those tiles and Siwon could have take the local one but he ended up placing order on those tiles beforehand.” He sighed, frustrated “I was lucky to stop him in time or everything will be ruined and I can’t even imagine what would have happened.”

 

“But that has nothing to do with Riin,” Jaejoong pointed out.

 

“Look, Riin had told me that Siwon confessed to her before this,” Junsu said, sternly. “Time and again I’d seen him eying at Riin with those inexplicable stare. I can’t read his mind,” he shook his head before resting his head on the couch whilst staring at the ceiling. “I don’t know, I don’t know what his feeling for my wife is. But let’s play a game of what if. What if he really do like Riin, what if he’s planning to having some sort of plan in separating both of us and what if one day he does something that will hurt Riin and I couldn’t be there to save her. I’m scared, afraid.”

 

Patting on Junsu’s tensed shoulder, Jaejoong could only say, “Junsu you’re thinking too much. Those are only figments of your imagination and it wouldn’t happen. You have a serious prejudice for Siwon.” gently pressing on his shoulder, he hoped that give Junsu some sort of comfort. “He just had a crush for Riin back then.”

 

“I don’t know, this human was like a scar on some part of my body. I just can’t get rid of him.” he shook his head. “Riin had been calling him sunbae but I’m unsure of what their exact relationship. And it’s not like you’d been following him and her all the time back then, no one knows. He’s unpredictable.”

 

For almost a minute, they stayed in silence having no one initiate to break off the dead silent.

 

 

“But one thing I’m certain of is, Choi Siwon isn’t someone who owns a simple mind. He had been my enemy, for it seemed forever. You won’t know me better than I do. His desire is wild and I can’t afford having him stepping into my marriage and the most important is Lotte.” Junsu said.

 

A smile crept on Jaejoong’s pretty face, “Perhaps, for this I need to thank Siwon as the man sitting right beside me now, he’s no longer the immature man who will act recklessly and do things without thinking twice.” Placing a small punch against his chest, he jested “Not sure if I’m flattering it, but in you, I can see maturity.”

 

“Woah…” Junsu’s lips parted in awe, “I didn’t see that coming and that’s a huge compliment from you.” They both laughed in unison.

 

-

 

Looking out from the open veranda, she could feel the cooling winter breeze brushing through her face. Patiently, she has waited for her brother to starts the conversation as she knows Hankyung had something to say about both her and Junsu. Maybe she knows him to well, something she cannot deny.

 

“Knowing me, I wouldn’t say things in circuitous and you know it.” Hankyung was being straightforward and upon hearing that, Riin closed her eyes before uttering “Go ahead…”

 

“Do you know anything about the tiles that involved Lotte Hotel and CN Enterprise?” he queried expecting an answer from Riin.

 

She shook her head no as her brow furrowed, curiosity overwhelmed her. “What is it got to do with me? I seldom meddle with the business apart from Lotte Fashion.”

 

Nodding his head, he understood “Before this, Siwon and Junsu had some sort of business fight. CN was eying on some tiles and we needed it. But it happens to, Junsu bought all of it.”

 

“Serious?” her voice slightly raised.

 

“Siwon had not mentioned to me, it’s his assistant.” He explained, “I’m not involved in that development so I know not much about it. Fortunately, he has his ways to solve it and I was asked not to worry about it.”

 

Riin has a sense of relieve, “Glad to hear that.”

 

“To be honest, I don’t see what so great with that Kim Junsu,” Hankyung crossed his arms whilst staring still at Riin. “Why are you falling for him from head to heel, I don’t understand. After all, it’s just an arranged marriage. Is there any love exist between you two?”

 

“Oppa,” she placed her hand on his shoulder. “I know what I’m doing and telling you that Junsu is the love of my life, you may not believe in me. But, I really love him and so does he.”

 

“With that, I guess I have nothing much to say,” he sighed, knowing his sister could very stubborn at times and no one could really change her mind. “I do really hope you’d not made a wrong decision. Siwon is a good guy, it’s a waste to let go such man.”

 

“Siwon may be a great guy who could give me a wonderful future,” Riin said before turning to Hankyung with a convincing smile. “But Kim Junsu is the bad boy I love and forever, he’ll be the only one who could give me the happiness that I’m craving for.”

 

Hankyung smile as he ruffled her hair.

 

-

 

On the next morning, Junsu had send Riin to Lotte Fashion before heading back to Lotte Hotel. Nearing to the end of the year, each and everyone in the company were busy with all sort of tasks and each department’s head were experiencing a terrible headache with the employee’s performance appraisal evaluation. As for Riin, with Yoona’s pregnancy slipping into the third month, she had sent her off back to Mrs. Park mansion to ensure her a good health. Yoochun had been going back and forth from Lotte Fashion and the Park mansion during lunch time. Although it’s only a short one hour break, he will return back home just to make sure his beloved wife to be and baby is doing well. With winter season slipping in, Riin and Yoochun were busy planning with their new designer about the Winter Collection clothing line. These few days, they had been working in both the office and shopping complex that they could hardly get to see the gleaming ivory sky. Busied by the upcoming new development in Lotte Hotel, Junsu barely get to step his foot out from the meeting room. In one fine day, he thought there would be a spare time for him to spend his lunch time with Riin, to begin with. However, he did try but to no avail, a call from Paris destroyed his plan.

 

At the end of the week, Junsu had done with all the important task and works in related to the development had been finalized as well. Consequently, Junsu had the rest of the day free from work. Nevertheless, that doesn’t means Riin could spend his free time with him as her work will not be done, not until all the latest core item products are arranged in order. She had asked him to wait at the opposite road of Lotte World Entrance although he insisted to wait at the main entrance. After a few ten minutes of persuading, Junsu reluctantly tolerate with Riin to wait at the opposite road. She had reasoned with him that going off from the main entrance might caused them stuck in the traffic jammed and he has no more options but to go along with her.

 

“Riin…” Taeyeon squealed as she saw her attempting to carry the box which filled with 3 dozens of polo tee. “Stop whatever you’re about to do.”

 

Still carrying on the box, she frowned along with a smile on face. “What’s the problem? It’s not like I’ve not done this, what’s with you?”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes widened as though they are threatening to falls out, “What’s with me, I should be the one asking you that. I know you’d done that millions of times. But that was before and now is after, okay.”

 

“Before and after, what are you trying to say?” Riin was confused.

 

Gently on her belly, Taeyeon beamed “You might hurt this little baby here, so don’t simply move those huge boxes!” she said, warningly.

 

“Yoochun told you?”

 

 She nodded, “He wasn’t sure if he could stay here till the very end and just as expected, Yoona needed him home. Knowing you too well, as if he could predict you’ll carry this and that. So I’m here to be your temporary guardian angel.”

 

“A nagging angel to be exact,” Riin jested.

 

“Fine, say whatever you want,” Taeyeon continue moving those boxes of stocks piled up beside the cashier counter. “I won’t say anything because of this,” she placed her hand on her little tummy.

 

Riin can’t help but smile happily to see the childish look on Taeyeon.

 

-

 

Just when she stepped out from Lotte Fashion after wrapping up, she made her way towards the Lotte World entrance door. All of the sudden, a familiar voice called from behind halted her from approaching her destination.

 

She turned around to see a familiar petite figure, “Heebon-shi…”

 

“Jang Riin, you’d promised me to leave Junsu once the pact comes to an end,” she sobbed. “You lied to me, liar!”

 

“I’m sorry, Heebon. But both me and Junsu had made this decision.” she tried to calm Heebon down but to no avail, her emotion had worsened. “We’re sorry, it’s our fault.”

 

“NO, I know Junsu never wants to leave me,” Heebon held on her arms, grasping. Her eyes were widened blazing in fire, “YOU, it was you who threatened him with his baby of yours,” she slammed her hand on her stomach causing Riin flinched in pain. She felt a shiver crept up her spine and almost immediately she squatted down with her eyes closed in pain. Her hands were holding on Heebon’s arms.

 

“RIIN ah!!” Taeyeon ran up to the two ladies. She pushed Heebon off Riin as she gently caressed her hair, “Are you okay, I’ll call Junsu.”

 

“No,” Riin held on her wrist, “I’ll be fine. Let me rest for awhile will do.”

 

“Just look at that pale face of yours,” Taeyeon was worried. “I’ll just bring you to BoA.” She helped her sits on the bench

 

“I said no and will be fine,” her words trembled out.

 

“Aish, you could barely form a coherent sentence!” Taeyeon looked around, “Where that mad woman is!”

 

“It’s better now, I shall make my move now,” she got up from the bench.

 

“Sure you’ll be fine?”

 

“Go settle things in the shop, I’m fine,” Riin assured.

 

“You can go alone?” she hesitated.

 

“I’m better than fine!” she reassured.

 

“Okay then, call Junsu and ask him to drive to the passenger drop off zone if you can’t walk,” Taeyeon reminded her.

 

Riin just nodded her head whilst placing her hand on her frail belly. “You’ll be fine right; I’m going to tell your daddy later.”

 

-

 

Junsu was waiting in his car for almost half an hour and to his surprise, Riin was fifteen minutes late and he thought she must have been hook up with something again and due to that, he waited patiently. Another minute had passed; he exited his vehicle and walked over to the passenger seat’s car door before leaning against it. Tucking both his hand into his coat pocket, he heaved a sighed. He hated to wait but Riin had her ways in making him wait for time and again. Junsu had thought over times how did Riin change him. Everything he never does will somehow do it willingly if it comes to her. Scanning around the silent road, he spotted a familiar black sports car at the opposite road. Despite that, his attention was averted once he noticed Riin run coming out from the entrance. He brought up his hand and wave to her with a smile. Just when she was halfway crossing the road, the car he had a glance just before, the driver was speeding fast towards Riin. A loud sound of ‘bang’, Junsu’s smile had fallen off and his body was as though frozen into ice, flabbergasted by what just happened. He witnessed the car hit against Riin and she had flown over the top of the car and fell hard on the road. The car had spun half a round before skidded off them in great pace.

 

“RIIN!!!”

 

Junsu could care not much about it as he ran up to Riin’s side without looking if there’s any car approaching. People nearby them who had witnessed the whole process were frightened and stunned completely as though frozen. They could hardly move a bit as it happened too fast; in split second. Carefully pulling her up into his arms, Junsu could see Riin pressing on her stomach. She was obviously experiencing great pain.

 

“Riin…” his voice was quivering. “Don’t scare me, tell me, which part of you not feeling well?” but there was no reply from her.

 

She could feel a piercing pain in her stomach. Her eyes were squeezed in pain; forehead filled with cold sweat. Grabbing hold on Junsu’s wrist, she barely gets to utter a word. He had moved forward to her lips, to hear her clearer “Junsu…my stomach…”

 

Within a minute, they were crowded by people. Passersby were surrounding them in circle and chatters can be heard. Checking every part of Riin, he could see almost everywhere of her was bleeding, bruised but it terrified him the most upon seeing a line of red liquid dripping down in between her leg. “Call the ambulance,” he screamed. “Riin, don’t close your eyes…you’ll be safe. Don’t sleep, I can’t live without you. Never leave me,” a tear escaped his eye.

 

 

Presented by Celestine Blue

//My everything//

 

091208