Chapter 33

My Everything

~ My Everything ~ Chapter 33~

Having not much work to do and handle in the office, Junsu had volunteered to accompany his beloved wife for check up in the hospital. Boa had advised Riin to take up regular check up once in a month ever since the accident. Serenely waiting before the maternity doctor’s office, Junsu held on her hand as he played along with her fingers sending her ticklish feelings. Passerby would smiled as they witnessed the sweet young couple and nurses who passed by them had an envious look at Riin.

“Mrs. Kim,” the nurse came out from Boa’s room, “You may come in, it’s your turn,” she informed politely. Riin and Junsu had like the young nurse the moment they met her as her warm and welcoming smile delighted them in some way. Seated across the older woman, they both patiently waited as she glanced through Riin’s check up report.

Closing the document before she looked up to the two, she clasped both her hands and rested them on the desk. The seriousness of her somehow scared Riin, she understands very well that once her friend is in such serious manner; something bad might be surfacing.

Boa watched the expression changes on both Riin and Junsu’s face. It was obvious that Riin somewhat keen to know the result of it. “Looking forward to having a baby, just two months after the accident, wouldn’t it be too hurry?”

The two weary figures before her return eye contact, they could merely get a small hint from what Boa just said.

She inhaled a relaxing breath before revealing the result to the pair. “From the recent results of checkups, it’s rather difficult for Riin to bear a baby at this point of time.” Boa said. “At the very least, now it’s not the best timing. The previous miscarriage somehow gave a great damage to your health and along with the accident, due to that, I reckon you not to get pregnant at this moment.”

Riin was astonished by the news her high school mate had told her and the man beside her was rendered speechless. Some part inside of her, she knew that Boa had obliquely hinted another bad news which she didn’t want Junsu to know.

Looking intently into her eyes, Boa could see the keenness in Riin and understanding the meaning behind it, she unclasped her hands before turning to Junsu “And that wrapped up today’s check up. Junsu-shi, why not you give us a moment of time.”

Forcing out a mischievous smile, he leaned in with both his arms against the desk, “Are you trying to brain wash my wife in some sort of ways, can’t I stay here,” he leaned back at his seat. “I won’t cause much trouble.”

Boa grinned, “Private women’s talk, Mr. Kim.”

Brought up his arms in the air, he surrendered “Fine, I guess there’s not much choice for this poor me.” leaning over to Riin so close by her ear, he whispered “I’ll be waiting at the garden so don’t take too long, okay.”

“Alright,” Riin was able to force out a convincing smile. As he stepped his foot out from the room, his smile dropped and at that very moment, a great amount of guiltiness gushed in his frail body.

Looking down to both her hands, Riin was squeezing her own hands with fear. “The exact reason is I can’t bear a baby, nothing to do with my health, I suppose. Is it really impossible?”

“It’s difficult. But it doesn’t means there’s no hope at all,” Boa assured.

“I heard of IVF…”

Boa eyes shot up to the girl who used to be her junior in high school, a very reserved and quiet girl. She was surprised to know Riin had that thought, “In vitro fertilization is a major treatment in infertility when other methods of assisted reproductive technology have failed. You’ve not even given a try on any of that, so mention about this method.”

“A barren woman, can she still be name as a woman, I doubt.” Riin lowered her head, sadly. “I wouldn’t want to keep an unfruitful apple tree either…”

“Junsu didn’t even mention anything,” Boa pointed out. “Look at it this way, your health has not completely recovered yet and you’re taking a break. Certainly you’d done some research on IVF, those side effects, can you really take it?” got up from her seat, she walked up to the fragile body as she bent down to share a same height. “It involves frequent blood tests and loads of injections. During the process, you would suffer like hell and possibly you would not get a night of sleeping well.”

“Do I have any choice?” tears were b at the corner of her eyes.

Running her hand through her silky hair, Boa said “Silly girl, he won’t leave you just because you can’t give him a baby, moreover, this isn’t permanent. Deem it as this is a period for you to recover your health and in future, give him a healthy baby.”

Understanding what she meant, Riin nodded her head and tittered for being such a childish kid. At that very moment, in the room that filled with melancholies caused by the news, Riin realized she had always been very childish before Boa; who was like a sister.

-

Feeling the cold winter breeze brushing through his face, he closed his eyes having both his arms behind the bench whilst his head fell backwards. The music coming from the chirping sounds of the birds on the brown empty tree; gives Junsu a warm feeling. Busied by his packed schedule, he barely get to feel a little calmness and being able to stayed in such serene atmosphere, he prayed it would last forever. All of the sudden, something had intruded his peacefulness. He looked down to his shin to see a ball by his foot and it was then he noticed a kid running fast towards his direction.

Picking up the ball, he passed it to the small little boy and he had thanked him. “You’re welcome,” Junsu smiled as he ruffled the boy’s bouncy hair. “Don’t wander around by yourself, it’s dangerous…”

He nodded; “Over there…my parents…” he flashed Junsu a cunning smile before hopping back to his parents’ side. Stood up from the bench, he sensed some sort of stare from his back and the moment he whirled round only to meet a familiar pair of hazel eyes, stood no further than ten meter off him, it was then he noticed she had been watching him, silently.

“Done with the private girls’ talk?” his hand stretched out for Riin to link her arm with his. Receiving a nod of head, Junsu sighed “Can you be any sillier? Who said that I want a baby badly, have I ever be that pushy on that?” he pouted “You made me looked so desperate and Boa may think I will die if my wife can’t bear a baby!”

“Boa told you?!” her hands meet her hips, “She’s no longer the high school girl I know, how could she promised me and break the secret on the next second.”

Pulling her into his embrace, he said “She’s worried about you and wanted me to understand what exactly is happening since my wife is not planning on telling me.”

Riin pouted as she rummaged through her bag in searching for her phone. “Oh god...I left my phone on the seats outside her room, I guess.” She puffed her cheeks in fury, “This is really driving me crazy. Wait here and I’ll go get it.”

“I’ll go with you,” she nodded. As she saw her phone nicely seated on those empty chairs, she immediately took it in hand. “Luckily it’s still here…” she heaved a relief sigh.

“You can always buy a new one if it really lost,” Junsu shrugged his shoulders.

Her eyes squinted looking at her husband, “Spoiled brat!”

“What…that’s life, okay,” Junsu placed his arm around her shoulder, pulling her close him.

Riin folded her arms and sneered, “That life of yours is really meaningless…”

“Hey,” he leaned forward. She could feel his breath on the crook of her neck as he whispered, “You got to get used with such life since you’re married to this spoiled brat.”

She chuckled and as she looked up only to see a familiar figure before her. “Junsu look, is that my mother?” Riin pointed at the frail figure that is making her way towards the lift lobby.

“Yeah…” Junsu nodded in agreement. “Hold on, that guy over there, Kim Hyunjoong. He’s a classmate of mine back in high school and he’s a doctor major in cancer. So why is omma consulting him?”

“Do you think there’s any way of getting the truth?” Riin looked up to him as he understood what he ought to do.

-

For as long as Junsu remember, ever since the night of their high school graduation celebration, he had not been keeping any contact with Hyunjoong. Throughout the years in the high school, he had not been very close to the taller man. Kim Hyunjoong had always been a very quite person and people could barely make him speak and if in a day he had talked to two people, it would be a record. Late in the evening that day, Junsu had called him out to a coffee shop and he told him about his mother in law who happened to be his patient. Hyunjoong was steadfast with his decision not revealing his patient’s details even Riin had told him that she was her daughter. Coincidently, Jaejoong had appeared from nowhere and it was then the couple realized Hyunjoong had a better bond with him than Junsu. It took Jaejoong almost an hour to convince the doctor to reveal the condition of Mrs. Jang.

Taking a sip of the coffee, Hyunjoong crossed his arms “She had not much time left and also had refused to move on with the remaining treatment. And I deem she should put an end to the treatment course as it would help not much at this rate.”

Tears filling in her eyes, Riin bit her lips “There’s no other way…no way in healing her?”

“Mrs. Kim, your mother had reached the final stage and I think it’s about the time to let her have some rest and peaceful time.” He got up from his seat before Junsu, “make good use of the remaining time you have with your mother,” he bowed before leaving the coffee shop.

Her fist which was placed on the table tightened, “Junsu…I’d misunderstand omma. She must have used the money to pay the medical fees.”

Holding her in his arms, he patted on her small back. “We shall go find omma.”

“Oppa,” she recalled. “He doesn’t know about this…”

-

Slamming her hand on the elevator button, her tears never stop running down her face. It was as if millions of knives stabbing into his heart to see Riin in such state. Attempting to pull her back, she forcefully loosened his hold on her wrist. At this point, her emotion was utterly unstable to a point that she would break down in any mere second.

Squeezing her in his arms, he slightly raised his voice. “Riin, you got to calm down. You won’t get to things right in this state. This is a 30 floor condominium of course the lift would be a little slow, just calm down, okay.” She wrapped her arms around his neck, “I can’t even waste a second, you know.”

“I know,” he ran his hand through her hair. “I understand but acting all reckless and morose it’s no use.”

“Oh hey, what brings you here?” Siwon asked as he tilted his head to see Riin.

Whirled round to see Siwon, Riin asked “We’re looking for oppa, is he in?”

Flipping his phone close, Siwon said “He didn’t tell you? Our penthouse is under renovation and we’re staying at the hotel temporarily. I’m here to pack up some loose items.”

“What…”

“He’s still in the office, you can go find him and…”

“Thanks,” Riin interrupted as she dragged Junsu along towards the vehicle.

The moment they reached the office building, almost immediately Riin hopped out the car and stormed into the lift lobby and right at the same time, Hankyung came out from the elevator to see his sister. Her eyes were puffy, face filled with a shade of red and it’s obvious that she’d cried.

“Riin, what’s wrong,” he flashed a glistening glare at Junsu, “did he done something wrong again?”

“Omma…” she faltered, “Omma… she has lung cancer and doctor sad there’s nothing could heal her,” her lips were quivering in fear. “All this while, we had blamed her but she took the money for her medical fees...we had misunderstand her!”

Hankyung was shocked. He could hardly get to comprehend everything Riin had just sprung up to him. “You mean, omma might…”

“She might die,” she said under her raspy voice and tears welling in her eyes again.

-

BANG BANG

Hankyung had banged his arm on the door as there was no answer after several times of ringing the door bell. Junsu was surprised to see the serene older man would behave in such way. Within a minute, they saw Mrs. Jang came out from the lift.

“Omma…” the Jang siblings shouted upon seeing the frail figure. She was about to run away but their stepfather pulled her back “It’s about the time to tell them the truth.”

She looked up to the two figures, her face was pale and her face which was once plum had became bony. “Will you two…accompany omma to the old house?”

As they reached the very old house where she had established a family with the two children’s father, they walked towards the beach side. Hankyung carefully helped the fragile woman seated on the chair which Junsu had brought forward. He stepped back leaving the three to spend their very last moment together.

Forcing out a weary smile, Mrs. Jang said “Do you still remember, when we had decided to move here, Hankyung; you’d been stomping your foot against the ground saying that you would not leave the apartment and move into this house.”

Brushing off the sadness which overwhelming him, he nodded. His voice was raspy, “Of course I remember, because back then, the girl who I have a crush with was staying a floor down from our apartment.”

She tittered at the flashback before her eyes as she tilted her head to Hankyung’s side. “I know you can never forgive me for getting married right after your appa passed away. But I have no other option, that’s the only way to solve the financial crisis we’re having.”

Shaking his head, he understood what exactly had happened and his stupidity for abandoning his family. “I know you have your reasons doing so. I never blamed you for that…”

Holding on Riin’s petite wrist, she could feel a drop of crystal tear escaped her dearest daughter; landed on her hand. “Silly girl, omma will never leave you two alone. I will always be watching over you wherever I may be. Riin ah…have you ever blame omma for arranging you a marriage?”

At that very moment, Riin hated her mother for forcing her marrying into the Kim but like Mrs. Jang had said, she has no other options to begin with. But it has never crossed her mind that all those debts she was paying were actually her mother’s medical fees.

“Ajuhshi, he had helped me a lot. In order to get me the best medication, he had even borrowed money from the loan sharks and that was why I had forced you to pay the debts.” She paused for awhile before continuing, “If anyone has to be blame, it’s me, he has done nothing wrong but to protect me.”

“Omma…” Riin cried as she lowered her head. Hankyung can no longer hold back his tears either as it made his way down his chin.

“Why didn’t you gave us a chance to take care of you…” Hankyung sobbed.

“My only hope is to see the both of you get married and live a blissful life,” her breathing was heavy “Hankyung…”

“Omma…last night, I’d proposed to Victoria and she agreed. She’s my soon to be wife and your soon to be daughter in law,” Hankyung clasped on Victoria’s hand and gently pulled her to his side. Riin was surprised to see her and most of all he’d proposed to her.

Hankyung had never forget his mother wish and he just wanted to realized her one last wish and in fact, it was the only thing he could do for now. Victoria smiled “Ajumma, don’t worry as I’ll take good care of Hankyung.”

Junsu reached his arm around Riin’s waist, “Take a good rest and need not to worry about us.”

Tightening the grip on both her children’s hand, her voice was low; “Up to this minute, my love for your appa has not change…” she breathing turned heavier with every minute passed. Riin clutched on her chest as though her heart was wrenching in great pain. She leaned against Junsu chest and tears were running down making its way down to his shoulder; a move to avoid having to see her mother experiencing such torture.

Less than five minutes, the frail woman slowly closed her eyes and without needing much say, they know she’s taking her one last breath. Mrs. Jang’s hand had clenched on theirs for a brief moment, the time where she had struggled to heave her last breath before leaving her beloved children. Riin tightened her held on Junsu’s shoulder as she buried her head by her neck with tears nonstop pouring out from her fawn eyes. As for the older brother, he released Victoria’s hand and has his knees down on the sandy beach. He gently took a strand of her loose hair and placed it to where it supposed to be.

“Mianhe omma…”

-

Two weeks had passed and the misery which had overwhelmed the siblings had somehow lessened as time fly by. The week after their mother’s death, Riin could barely get to concentrate in her work and often made unforgivable mistakes and Junsu had confronted her several times. There was once which he could no longer withhold as he scolded Riin thoroughly; and the aftermath of it earned him a great prize from the family as they put all the blame on his shoulder.

“Hey…” she clasped her arms around Junsu’s bare waist, “tomorrow is Christmas eve…”

Nodding his head as he grabbed hold on a hoodie sweater, “and…what do you want as a Christmas present?” he loosened her arms around him as he put on the sweater. Tenderly pushing on her shoulder to sit on the bed, he squatted down before her; searching for an answer through their mischievous eye contact.

With her eyes squinting small, she asked “other than Christmas, don’t you remember any other thing…?”

Rubbing on his chin, he said “other than Christmas…nothing else.”

“Aish…” she got up from the bed and stomped off their room as she descended the flight of stairs and walked into the kitchen. “Is dinner ready yet?”

“Almost,” Nicole turned around to greet Riin. “Here, this is for you young lady master,” she took a well wrapped present from her back, “Happy birthday…we afraid tomorrow we’ll not be able to give you since the family will celebrate the eve and your birthday.”

Riin sighed heavily, “Even a housekeeper remember…idiotic Kim Junsu!”

Because she was too carried away by her own created disappointment, she was oblivious that the person she was cursing stood by the doorway, he grinned.

-

On the next day, early in the morning Riin had arrived at the Kim mansion along with Junsu in order to help them in preparing the Christmas Eve party. Ever since last night, Riin had been ignoring him as she was upset by the fact that her husband has forgotten about her birthday.

“Yah hyung,” Jaejoong nudged on Junsu’s elbow, “What’s wrong with you and Riin?”

Shrugging his shoulders, a smile crept on his face, slyly “That silly girl thought that I’d forgotten about her birthday and she’s all angry because of this small little thing.” He shook his head whilst eyes fixed on his wife, “She seemed to be much more mature but after all, she’s still the same old Riin I first met.”

Jaejoong tittered upon hearing his comment, “And she would get angrier if she hears this from you.”

Nearing to seven everyone had arrived and the feast can be started as well. A year ago, the Kim had had the celebration along with the company workers as Mr. Senior Kim made a decision on declaring to the world that Lotte will be handed to Junsu. Time had passed by them swiftly and without their knowing, the family bond had become stronger than ever.

Looking all around the living room, Junsu noticed his wedded wife was seated on the piano chair by the tall Christmas tree which was donned with crystal ornaments and stood tall in iridescent of lights.

Walking up to her, he stretched out his right hand whilst his free hand placed behind his back. “Kim Riin…” she looked up to him with her fiery eyes, staring into his defiantly; sending him glistening yet threatening glare. Junsu grinned as he pulled out his arm and leaned against the piano, “still mad at me?”

“Do you even know what I’m upset of?”

“Of course,” he brushed his blazer before having one knee, kneeling before her. “Of course I know. I’m your husband and if I doesn’t know, who else would have the answer?”

Suddenly, all the crystal lights hung on the ceiling of the living room was dimmed; the surrounding had turned into a romantic atmosphere. Tucking his hand into his blazer pocket and took out a familiar necklace. Riin looked into it and noticed it was the necklace with a pearl red diamond cherry pendant; a necklace which she wished her true love would give her.

“Remember this necklace?” he stared intently on to the necklace which he had kept it in the drawer of his office desk almost a year. “I bought this on the day of the fashion show and thought of giving you right after the event. Buying this necklace, I’d made my decision of erasing the past and writing a new future with you.” He held on her hand, gradually, turning into a warming grasp. “At that very moment, I thought I really could do it but with Heebon’s come back, everything changed.”

He could see the pair of hazel eyes which he had always love looking at was b with tears and it threatening to fall from the corner of her eyes. “Designed by a well known Italian jewelry designer, it carries a meaning of true love. If we are meant to be together, the cherry pendant would shimmer in red.” Bringing up his hand to rub off the tears which were flowing down, he said “I’m positive that it will shimmer, would you give it a try?”

Riin lowered her head to avoid having him see the tears running down her face. She clasped onto the hand which was holding her awhile ago and conceding she had agreed for the attempt, he brought up her head by her chin. “Open your eyes or you won’t know if it’s sparkling or not…” putting on the necklace around her neck, just as expected, the cherry pendant was gleaming in red.

Open forth her arms; she squeezed him in her embrace. “Junsu…I’m sorry for being unreasonable last night. I’d always been childish and immature…”

He smiled, “Everything is fine and you’re forgiven,” patting on her petite back, he whispered “Happy birthday, my Riin…”

She loosened her hug and stared still at the person before him. All of the sudden, the Kim family came out from nowhere as they sing her a birthday song approaching them; Inhwan was holding on a cake.

The little boy walked up to his parents, “Mami, happy birthday,” he pecked on her lips.

“I want one too…” Junsu pouted, childishly.

“Oh gosh…” Changmin ran his hand through his hair. “This is ridiculous,” Yunho remarked.

Riin smiled as she pressed her lips on his.

“Ahem…” Hankyung cleared his throat. His partner Victoria turned to him, puzzled. “There’s something I would like to do as well.” Turning her around to face him directly, “Before this, you’d pretended to be my fiancée and it had always been just a dream of mine…now,” he got one knee down, showing her the ring he had worn it on her finger before this “I wish this dream would come true, will you marry me?”

Victoria was flabbergasted by his sudden move, “Hankyung…”

“Will you?” he was persistent in getting an answer. The crowd got excited as they cheered “Marry him…Victoria…marry him…”

“Uncle Hankyung and Aunt Victoria made a good pair,” Inhwan remarked, smilingly.

Riin tittered, “So what else is left to say, my future sister in law?”

“I do…” they shouted.

Feeling heat arousing up her face, she nodded her head shyly. Hankyung was too happy that he didn’t know what ought to be done. “Really…”

“Are you the stupidest man in the world?” Jaejoong sneered as he wrapped his arm around Sulli’s shoulder.

Madame Kim was happy to see her grandchildren all are leading to a world of happiness. Awhile ago, coming out from the kitchen after seeing Jaejoong and Sulli happily making dessert, she was glad that finally there’s a girl who could tie him down. Turning over to Yoochun, in another one month time, he and Yoona will be welcoming a new member into their life whilst Yunho and Ara they were as always, sweet. Averting her eyes to the coffee table in the living room, she could see Changmin and Yuri enjoying them just by watching Jessica and Minho arguing over the unfairness occurred in their chess game. She knows the partner by their side is the right one for them and it’s just a matter of time with them to ring the wedding bell. Scanning around the luxurious mansion, Junsu and Riin was nowhere to be seen. She walked out to the garden only to see her dearest grandson was about to press his lips on Riin’s.

A loud sound of throat clearing halted his passionate intention; they whirled around to see Madame Kim. “Halmoni…” Riin brushed off the uneasiness as she forced out a smile.

“Tomorrow, the both of your free from the packed schedule,” she had checked with their respective secretaries before approaching them. “I want you to accompany me to a place.”

-

Standing before the old temple, Junsu was curious “How come you would want to come here?” he held on her left arm while Riin took her right.

She smiled recalling the familiar question her granddaughter had asked her almost three years ago. “There’s an old lady who lives here and she tells people about their future as she could foresee it. A very old friend of mine and it was her who made me stood firm with the decision of the arrange marriage.”

As they stepped into the temple, a nun approached them and showed them the way. Upon meeting the old lady Madame Kim had said awhile ago, both Junsu and Riin bowed.

Placing the cup of tea down on the stone table, Madame Kim said “They are the one I’d always mentioned to you. Kim Junsu and Kim Riin,” she introduced.

Once again the pair bowed. “Have a seat,” the old lady gestured. “Two years of marriage, from an arranged marriage I could see the both of you had entered a blissful life marriage. Any babies yet?”

Junsu encircled his arm around Riin’s slender waist, “I do hope we’ll have 1 soon, but this lady here doesn’t seem to be co-operating with me…” he tittered before turning over to her in receiving a death glare.

“No one really wants to know what happen behind the shut door of your room.” Madame Kim laughed along with her long time good friend. “I’ll have a walk around the garden; it had been quite some time…” Madame Kim excused herself,

Sitting before them was the old lady who had once said that the two were a pair of heaven made couple. After years, meeting them in person, she still had the same opinion. Holding on Riin’s soft hand, she uttered “You're a good person, but the world is not always kind to good people. Sometimes, the world is most cruel to the kindest soul. When a person is feeling too contented, this cruel world don’t seems to be happy and in fact they envy you; this may lead to a fatal ending.”

Averting her attention to Junsu, he somehow was surprised. “You may not believe in me, but I’d always been right in everything. Always have faith with each other as only with a strong and firm faith would help you out, save you from the hardship.”

Junsu blinked his eyes few times before turning over to Riin, flustered.

“Bear in mind, not to suspect one another but believe in each other,” the old lady uttered.

Presented by Celestine Blue
//My everything//

091229