Chapter 32

My Everything

 

~ My Everything ~ Chapter 32~

 

A month had passed by them swiftly and without noticing, Riin’s injuries from the accident had somehow fully recovered. During the past month, she had been obediently stayed at home without fretting and taking into account matters involved Lotte Fashion. With Heebon’s sudden resignation, the Sales and Marketing department was in a bad condition. Replacing Riin, temporarily, Yoochun seldom get to accompany Yoona and during this time was crucial as within another three months, she will be delivering the baby. Yoona, once in awhile would make a fuss over Yoochun’s packed schedule before Junsu and Riin; vaguely hinting to them that she needs her husband-to-be by her side. For several times, Riin had said she could return to office and follow up Yoochun’s work, nevertheless, selfish Junsu had turned her down time and again, in fact he was worried that she’s not completely recovered yet.

 

The day Riin resume her work in office, it was also the day Taeyeon officially promoted to the position of assistant to Yuri. With the dismiss of Heebon in the department, the team once again able to work in group under Riin’s direction; the calmness they once had two years ago were back again. Knowing that Riin and Junsu had not said a word to the police, Heebon somehow felt guilty. Perhaps, human tends to come to realize their mistakes when something terrible happened. And Heebon was one of them. Being overwhelmed by her own guiltiness, she had turned up at the police station in one bright morning admitting all her faults. Consequently, she was sentenced to six months prison punishment; however, as she had admitted her mistakes, after appealing for thrice, the duration had been shortened to three months. As for Junsu, during working hours, he merely gets an hour of time to have his lunch unless Riin approached him. He had been buried himself in upcoming new hotel development that will begin by beginning of next year.

 

Pushing the rim of his glasses higher, his eyes were almost closed. His weariness was to that extent that his eyes were like a thin line.

 

-Flashback-

 

“That’s a great idea,” the lecturer had complimented Siwon for the sixth time in the day. Junsu rolled his eyes upon hearing the compliment. Revealing his idea to the lecturer in a low voice, “My concept is based on family and elderly instead of the teenagers. From the research we’d done beforehand, I think this is the best idea I could think of as for now.”

 

“Wow, this is even a better,” she turned towards Siwon. “His was good and if the both yours idea could combined together, it would really make a big hit. Have you ever thought of joining Siwon’s group instead of doing alone?”

 

Shaking his head, Junsu looked away “I’m fine alone. Since the class is in an odd number of students, I’m fine doing this assignment solo.”

 

“But it would eat up a lot of time. The finals are really near, I wish you really could handle this and not pushing yourself too hard.” She reminded him.

 

“Maybe, Junsu-shi you can join us during discussion. At least we can give you comments…” Siwon suggested.

 

“Thanks…” Junsu uttered.

 

-

 

“I think this color combination would definitely stands out more,” Junsu said. Siwon remained silent for a brief moment; having his fingers under his chin. He read his mind, “Something is wrong?”

 

Siwon turned to the younger boy, “If I were you, this color tone definitely will not be the choice of mine.”

 

“It’s too dark and doesn’t suits your theme at all,” one of Siwon’s group member interrupted. He crossed his arms before his chest, “But the choice is yours. Certainly, this isn’t the right colour to use.”

 

“Siwon, you’re using the light tone?”

 

“Of course…”

 

-

 

“Madam Suzanne,” Junsu halted her from furthering her walk down to her office. “There’s something I’m uncertain with.”

 

She smiled; “Regarding the folio?” she could read his mind, easily. “Come to my office and I’ll explain to you.”

 

“You said the content of mine was way better than Siwon, but how come the result came out to be lower than Siwon’s?” Junsu was confused.

 

Placing both of her students’ folio before Junsu, she lifted up the cover, “Siwon won you over the color tone. It’s deniable that both of you did a great job in the content and themes but something is lacking from your folio is the color tone. Based on your theme, obviously the color tone ought to be use is darker instead of this light one.”

 

“You meant Siwon used the dark color tone…” his eyes glued on the folio before him.

 

-Flashback ends-

 

Throwing his head backwards, staring up at the ivory painted ceiling. Once again the past memories he had with his mortal rival plagued in his mind and after so many years, he don’t seem able to forget and leave the past behind. First day meeting the taller man, he knew Choi Siwon, he isn’t someone simple and despite knowing that, still Junsu would fall for his evil plan again and again. Back then, their relationship was inexplicable. Up to this point, he doesn’t seem to understand how he would listen to Siwon’s words back then.

 

“Junsu…” Eunhyuk had called for the fourth times on ends. “Something you’re mindful with, mind to share with me?” he seated on the seat opposite Junsu.

 

“Nothing special…” he said casually whilst flipping through the document file before him. Simply from the Junsu’s face of expression, Eunhyuk could tell what exactly that has been bothering his buddy. “If you’re not telling me, I’m not going to force you either. Regarding the upcoming development expansion, news had been spreading fast within the industry and many people know that we’re eying on that land. In fact, Siwon’s company seems to be rather interested on it as well.  What’s your opinion?”

 

“Great.” He placed his pen down on the desk before returning his gaze back to his loyal assistant. “News can’t be control and rumors can’t be taken seriously. I believe those are just rumors as Choi Siwon would not have his eyes on that cheap land.”

 

“Positive with that” Eunhyuk queried, “That land plays a crucial role as losing that land means we’re failing the development.”

 

“No worries, leave it to me and I’ll handle it,” Junsu said, his eyes were filled with confident something Eunhyuk had been missing.

 

-

 

Once in a blue moon, Junsu would keep Riin accompany having morning exercise. Although he could scarcely get rid from his work, but he will still find his way to free some time off from his heavy load. Walking hand in hand down the street, they have had breakfast in one of the many restaurants. Pacing into the park, Junsu had suggested taking a seat for a short rest. Scanning around the park, they could see elderly jogging, playing chess, having conversation among themselves. The thing had drew Junsu’s attention was the group of little kids playing together. They were squatting down playing under the tree hands filled with sand and when the other friend had bullied them, they chased each other round the tree. A smile evolved on his face, unknowingly.

 

Riin could his yearning eyes, gently slipping her hand into his larger one; she laid the side of her face on his reliable shoulder. “I’m sorry you love kids, but I…I could have done more to save our baby, but I didn’t.”

 

Gently squeezing his beloved small hand, he looked down into her eyes. “Not your fault. If anyone has to be sorry, anyone has to be blame, it should be me. I was a moron for not noticing those little symptoms of yours.” Holding on her shoulder, he turned her a little to face him directly. “I really am a jerk, wasn’t it? You told me but I did nothing but only blame you saying that you’re having the baby with another man.”

 

“We’re still young…” she had embraced him with her lithe arms around his waist, feeling his warm back against her fingertip.

 

He smirked mischievously whilst whispering into her ear, tickling her. “True. We’re still young and the chances of getting you pregnant…it’s high…should we go home now.” He looked into her eyes, intently.

 

Pushing him away with her hands against his chest, her face flushed red almost immediately. “Go away…” he pulled her back, “you’re blushing heavily, tomato face…”

 

Riin tittered “Losing this baby isn’t a bad thing I guess.” Junsu eyes widened, not understanding the meaning behind. “At least, this baby of us made me realized how deep your love for me is.”

 

“Made us realized,” he rested his forehead against hers before pecking on her lips, tenderly.

 

-

 

Stepping into the restaurant, Riin looked around and saw the familiar figure waving at her. Gesturing over to the table at the very corner of the restaurant, the waitress ushered her towards the table of two.

 

She nodded as the waitress placed the menu before her. “How are you…Heebon-shi” Riin had started.

 

“Fine…” Heebon smiled. The minute Riin laid her eyes on her, her fawn eyes almost fall out to see the girl before her has such a drastic change. She had straightened her air, her raven hair sure give her a new image. Never has this come to her mind that the once stylish and trendy Heebon would appear in such a state before her.

 

Heebon tittered, “Not used with my new look? Many people have the same facial expression.” Playing with her shoulder length hair, she said “after all, this image is way better.”

 

“You…” Riin hesitated, unsure to how should she put it in words.

 

“I came out yesterday. After deducting holidays and all, the day before yesterday was the last day,” Heebon lowered her head, uneasy to face the woman before her. Riin had nodded with an “Ohh…”

 

“Today, actually I’m here to ask for a favor,” she stopped, trying to seek for a respond from Riin. Continuing as Riin looked up at her, “Is it possible for you to lend me your husband for a night? I don’t have any bad intention. It’s just that my parents will be coming over to have a birthday celebration with me. They have no idea that Junsu and I had broken up.”

 

There was a dead silent occurred.

 

“My mother, she has amnesia. She barely remembers what had happened and the only thing left in her pieces of memory is me with Junsu.” Her eyes were filled in tears upon mentioning her mother

 

Riin waited for almost a minute to reply her shocking question, “I’m fine with it…”

 

“Riin…” Heebon contemplated whether she should say or not, “during the time I’m in the prison, I’d recalled each and everything I’d done. And, I hope you can forgive me. I’m sorry…I’m saying this from the bottom of my heart. Really sorry for everything…” she had her head low, not daring to see Riin.

 

It was totally out of her expectation to see the high confident Heebon bowing her head low apologizing to her. “From agreeing to meet you here, stepping my foot into the restaurant; that very moment, I’d forgive you.” Playing with her fingers, she avoided Heebon’s eye contact, “But forgive doesn’t mean forgetting what you’d done. When I saw you, I believe you’d change, completely.”

 

“I know. Forgive doesn’t mean forget, I don’t expect you to forgive me at this minute and become my close friend on the next second.” A faint smile grows on her face, “I’m glad that you’re willing to meet me.”

 

“Heebon…sometime, I think I ought to say sorry to you,” Heebon was startled by Riin’s words. “If it wasn’t my existence, things wouldn’t end up this way.”

 

Looking out the window, Heebon could see snowflakes falling from the crystal clear sky; temperature in the room was decreasing as well. “Junsu was right, his love for me has never changed at the very first place and it was me who caused up the entire problem. Leaving him for money, locking you in the storeroom, accusing you infected with H1N1, killing your baby and almost drag you to hell. I’ve done too much and to be honest, I never thought you would forgive me but I need to give it a try.”

 

“Everything has ended; it looked like we’re equal…” Riin smiled. “I took him away from you…now everything should come to an end…” she said, convincingly.

 

“Junsu…maybe, I love him because of his wealth. He can support me financially and that’s why I’m with him for that long,” she said, sadly. “He made me feel secure, with him by my side, there’s nothing much I need to fret about.”

 

“Love, you should feel happy, sad, anxious, worried, scared and along with some uncertainties.” Riin looked up to Heebon, “With those feeling, that’s what you call love. You’re afraid your love for him not deep enough, you’ll worried with what he’s doing, you’ll feel happy when he is happy and sad when he’s down.”

 

“And those feelings don’t exist between you and Yoochun…” Heebon pointed out.

 

Riin chortled, “Perhaps…those feelings were something like brother-sister. He could give me warmness, as a family not a lover.”

 

“There’s something I would like to say and I might not have the right in saying this, but bear in mind,” she tilted her head with her eyes squinted, a little, “Choi Siwon, he’s a person you need to beware of. Believe me; his intention is not as simple as you thought.” Heebon clasped both her hands and rested them on the table.

 

“Heebon…” she was startled to hear that from the older woman.

 

Brushing off the awkwardness filled around them, she said “I’ll be going back to Switzerland the week after the birthday party,” Heebon said. “I hope you’ll come…”

 

“Of course I will…” Riin had a sip of her orange juice.

 

-

 

“You’ve waited for a long time?” Junsu sauntered over to Heebon who stood by the water fountain.

 

“No, just arrived not long ago,” Heebon said.

 

“How is aunt?” he asked.

 

“Fine as always,” she said, uneasily. Sensing the awkwardness between them, Heebon barely get to continue with what she wanted to say. “About the birthday party, you can say no. I’m okay with it.”

 

Almost a minute of silent occurred, he turned to the lean figure, “Starting at 6.30, I’ll be coming over to your house ten minutes before the event begins.”

 

“Thank you,” a faint smile crept on her face.

 

“The only thing I can do for now, it’s only this.” he admitted.

 

Lowering her head with a warm smile, she nodded her head “One last thing I need you to do for me.”

 

Scanning around the garden, he remembered that this was the first place where he and Heebon will always meet. There were a series of first took place here where he first held her hand, first kissed her and officially became his girlfriend. As he looked back, he thought those time were the best in his life and he had conceded her as the love of his life. Never has he thought that there would be someone enter his life and replaced Heebon.

 

“Of so many places, why here…” he looked down at his foot.

 

She sighed whilst leaning against the grass made wall, “Since we began here, things should ends here as well, shouldn’t we?”

 

“Have you ever regretted with what you’d done?”

 

Heebon turned to Junsu, startled by his sudden question. “I do. But nothing much left for me to change the fact that, the person you truly love is Riin…” stretching out both her arms, she sniffed the fresh air with her eyes closed, “There’s a minute in my life, I wonder where those courage came from that drew me to the threshold of the police station door. And perhaps, it was what you said that woke me up, I made the mistake and I should take the responsibility.”

 

“I was petrified when I get to know that you went to the police station and at that moment, I know you’d changed,” Junsu stated. He used to understand Heebon very well.

 

“Given a chance to change, I think I ought to treasure it,” Heebon admitted.

 

“I guess this will be the last time for us to come here, together.” Junsu said. It had been a long time since they last have a talk together, peacefully.

 

She nodded her head conceding this would be their final time together in such a moment. “Yes,” she lowered her head as tears welling in her eyes threatening to fall. Heebon turned to face Junsu before having her forehead against his shoulder, “Thank you for everything…” to avoid having him seeing the tears poured out from her eyes.

 

-

 

“Don’t you have something to tell me?” Riin asked.

 

“Tell you what?” he asked, puzzled with what his wife meant.

 

Walking up to him, she said “This Sunday, you’ll be going for a party, aren’t you?”

 

“Yeah, a client’s birthday party,” he said.

 

“So you really are not telling me,” Riin mumbled, only for her to listen.

 

“What?” a brow arched.

 

“Nothing…” she said, sarcastically.

 

-

 

As promised, Junsu had reached Heebon’s house earlier and helped in preparing for the party. Heebon had invited few of her best friends in university and co-workers in Lotte. They do know that she had set this up and promise will help acting, not revealing to her mother the fact that Junsu is someone’s man. He had a conversation with the Park husband wife and Mrs. Park was totally oblivious that her daughter and Junsu had broken up long ago. Only Mr. Park was told about the news. Heebon’s father had once said, somehow, her mother is the most blissful woman in the world. Having nothing to frets, she continues to live healthily as she’s living in her best memories.

 

“Excuse us,” Heebon held on the push handle of the wheel chair, “I’ll accompany omma to the washroom. Help me serve the guests…” she said to Junsu.

 

Seeing them step entered the washroom, Mr. Park turned to Junsu, “I’m glad to see you here. Even after Heebon had done so much of thing, you’re still willing to do this for her, for us.” He meant his wife; Heebon had told him about the things that had happened between her and Junsu that led them to a point of no return.

 

“There’s nothing much I can do for her,” he said in a low voice. “She owes me nothing but I do and this will be the last and only way that I could repay her.”

 

Mr. Park smiled.

 

“Riin…”

 

Junsu turned around upon hearing his beloved wife’s name and it was then he saw Heebon walking up to her, holding on her hand with smile all over her face as if they were a pair of close friend. His heart palpitated, ferociously. He contemplated whether or not to approach them and at least say a hi. But the moment his eyes meet Siwon, his face darkened and noticing his arm around Riin’s waist, anger blazing inside his body; overwhelming his conscience.

 

“That’s Mrs. Kim?” Mr. Park asked but to received no respond from Junsu.

 

“Junsu’s there…” Heebon pointed over to his direction while he pacing up to them.

 

“You’re here,” Junsu looked into Riin’s eyes which are staring at him defiantly as if challenging him in some way. “With Choi sunbae…” imitated the way Riin used to address Siwon. The three outsiders could sense the tenseness between the couple. Between their eye contacts, there were as if lightning.

 

Fuming with anger, her fiery eyes averted from him, “since I was invited, I ought to come and at least give the birthday girl a present before leaving.” Turning to Siwon, she smiled “Siwon oppa, didn’t you said there’s a place down the street where you often visit? Mind bringing me along?”

 

“Sure…my pleasure,” Siwon said before flashing a mischievous smirk at Junsu.

 

“Heebon-shi, happy birthday,” Riin wished before following Siwon’s footsteps to the threshold of the huge oak wood door of the mansion.

 

“Hey…” Heebon patted on his ex-lover’s back, “I smell something there, what happened with the both of you?” she queried, frowning.

 

“Why did you invite her?” he mumbled and she could sense slight tinge of anger from his tone of voice. Bringing her arm down by her side, she said “Thought that you would be honest and tell her about it, didn’t you?”

 

“You’re being really funny here,” he brought up his arms to his hips, “I’m helping my ex-girlfriend and ex-close to be wife to do such things, how could I just spring it up to her all of the sudden and what if she disagree with this plan.”

 

Heebon was startled, “Riin know about this. I’ve told her and she agreed with it.” She pulled him to one corner, “That’s mean you’ve said nothing to her about our plan, no wonder she’s so angry and walked off with Siwon. You better go find her now, that club down the street is filled with rich man who have only a erted hobby.” She pushed Junsu towards the exit.

 

“Go where,” he shoved her arm off his.

 

“Go find Riin, what else?” she continued pushing him.

 

-

 

“One more,” Riin slammed the glass that she had emptied before the bartender.

 

Eying at the bartender, Siwon gestured him to leave them alone. “You should stop.” He patted on her back.

 

Walking into the night club in a fast pace, Junsu scanned around the dark club which filled with millions of people, he saw Riin with Siwon at the very corner of the club. Pushing through the seven seas of people, it took him time to reach Riin. Before he could approach them, through the many shaking heads before him, he could still see Siwon attempting to place a tablet into Riin’s drink. Without thinking twice, he ran up to them and upon grabbing hold on her wrist, he pulled him up dragging her towards the exit whether she’s willing or not. Riin had tried to stop him on the way out the club but no matter how hard she hits him, he has no intention in letting her off.

 

“Yah Kim Junsu! Stop pulling me, do you….” Before she could utter a word, Junsu had pushed her leaned against the roadway metal fence barrier before crushing his lips against hers. It wasn’t as gentle as the way he always kissed her, it was demanding and somewhat making her suffocated and if he hadn’t been supporting her back and the fact that there is a fence, she might had fell long ago.

 

After what seemed forever, he pulled out as he noticed she’s gasping for air. “Keep quiet and follow me home or I don’t know what exactly I would do in this silent empty street,” he sounded fierce and a tinge of warn filled his voice. Riin had no options as he gave her no room to escape; he didn't even give her any chance to voice out her opinion. His held on her wrist was firm but not too hard to hurt her small hand.

 

Getting off the car before slamming the door shut, Riin walked straight into the house and stormed into the room without having an eye at the presence in the living room. Walking into the living room with his fiery eyes and stern face of expression, it sends everyone a goosebump. None of them dare to say a word.

 

“Oppa…” Jessica murmured.

 

“Nothing happen,” he forced out a smile. “We just need some time alone. Help us look after Inhwan,” but his smile failed to convince the Kim siblings.

 

Making his way up to the long flight of stairs, he was about to enter the room before Riin closed it but purposely, she slammed the door shut. Junsu reached out his arm to halt her from doing so and it almost crushed his arm.

 

“Are you insane?” Riin flared up as she picked up his hand and gently touched on it.

 

“That’s your entire fault,” Junsu pushed her against the wall. “Can’t you just listen to my explanation first before running off without thinking twice?”

 

Looking away, she eluded having him seeing the tears filling in her hazel eyes. “Everything wouldn’t have happened if you’re being frank.” a drip of tear made its way down her ivory cheek, “It’s your fault.”

 

Cupping her face, he slowly turned her around to face him directly. It was as though trillion of knifes stabbed into his heart to see her in this state. “I didn’t know how I should tell you. I wasn’t sure if you’ll feel sad and would you stop me from helping her out. Riin, I was just trying to keep you off from feeling sad.”

 

“Am I feeling better now?” Riin raised her voice. “Why didn't you tell me about it? You ask me not to keep any secret but you didn't even tell me this! Go away, I don’t want to listen to all those explanations of yours anymore. It’s not helping after all!”

 

“That doesn’t mean you have to follow a stranger to such a place,” Junsu was angry to see Riin left him with Siwon, furthermore, they went to a night club where all illegal activities are ongoing in the club.

 

“Siwon is not a stranger!” Riin flared up.

 

With Riin’s unstable emotion, Junsu barely get to utter a word and he knew there’s only a way to stop her. Pushing her against the wall for the second time in the day, he held firm on her shoulders leaving her no room to run. And before Riin could say anything, he pressed his lips on hers forcefully. Ignoring the fact that she was trying to push him off, he stayed still lingering for the slightest second before kissing her hard as he encouraged for a response in return. Slowly, he made his way down to her neck nibbling it and his movement shocked her completely. It worsened the minute he s his hand into her skirt, her soft skin against his finger tips.

 

He could feel her shivered under his touch, feeling her breathless, he pulled out “See, did you see everything? That’s what he would do to you if I didn't drag you out from that place. He was about to drug you, moron!” his voice was loud and she bet people in the mansion could hear them.

“I don't believe he will do this. You have prejudice against him, do you think you have the right to judge?” she was quivering as she always do, whenever she’s quarrelling with Junsu, Riin can’t help but to shiver in fear and he knew that very well.

“I really don't believe you would raise your voice at me because of that bastard!” he tightened his fist and slammed it on the wall; right beside Riin’s face causing her moved a little, tears threatening to fall. He rested his forehead on her shoulder, “Riin ah, his intention is evil. He may use all kind of ways in brainwashing you.”

 

“Junsu…” she brought up her hand to his hips, holding onto the hem of his dress shirt. “Can’t you be honest to me, you still love Heebon? Those presents, you’re still keeping them in place…”

 

“What?” he pulled out, eyes widened in puzzlement. “Presents?”

 

“You’re still keeping those presents she gave you and that proved you still have her in your heart…” she sobbed.

 

He tenderly pecked on her lips, “No, it’s not like what you think.” Soft lips wiped away the tears that nonstop flowing down from her eyes. They travelled everywhere, catching her tears, his lips touched her forehead, her eyelids, her nose and in between, he would leaned his head against hers and continuously bumping her lips, softly. Every touch and kiss made it more difficult, Riin wanted him to stop holding her in his arms so tightly as though he was afraid to let go as the moment he do so, she would disappear in the midst of wind.

 

“Riin, it’s not like that,” he rested his forehead against hers, eyes closed. “Over the past one week, I was searching for a right moment; finding an appropriate way to tell you.”

 

“Junsu…”

 

“And those presents, there are nothing but only pieces of broken memories which I care no more,” he looked into her eyes, intently, “So listen, the one and only woman I will ever love, you Jang Riin, only you. No one else but you; please doesn’t make this go any harder, okay.” slipping his arms under her legs, he carried her into his arms in a swift movement; making his way towards their bed. Lightly flinging her onto the bed beneath him, hands placed by her head, he trailed a line of butterfly kisses along her jaw. “Jang Riin, you’re no longer by the last name of Jang but Kim, Kim Riin…” he pecked on her lips. “I love you, only you,” he whispered sweetly into her ear.

 

“I know…”

 

 

Presented by Celestine Blue

//My everything//

 

091225