Chapter 23

My Everything

 

~ My Everything ~ Chapter 23~

 

 

Running back into the suite, he brushed past Heebon not bothered if she has anything to tell him, he grabbed his shirt and when he was about to make his way out the suite, Heebon grabbed hold on his arm; pulling him back to her side.

 

“Junsu, where are you going?”

 

“Let go,” he refrained himself from erupting his wrath.

 

Wrapping her arms around his waist, she said “Don’t go. Please don’t leave me alone.”

 

“Riin, she won’t be able to think wisely when she’s out of mind.” he held on her hand, gradually loosening her embrace, “I need to go find her, what if she bump into a ert again? I won’t forgive myself for that.” He heartlessly shoved her off him and left the suite.

 

As he got down to the hotel main lobby, almost all the staff bow in respect upon seeing him; he could hear chatters along the way but he can’t be bothered by that. Stopping by the doorkeeper, he asked “did you see Mrs. Kim here awhile ago?”

 

“She stopped a taxi and went that way,” he answered politely.

 

“That way,” Junsu pointed to the left side and after confirming that, he could figure out where she’s going. Walking over to the driver seat, Junsu hopped into the car before telling the car jockey, “Get a car for Ms. Park, she’ll be coming down in a short while.” Once he drove off from Lotte Hotel, he made his way towards Mrs. Jang’s house whilst putting on the Bluetooth device in his ear. “Eunhyuk…I need your help…”

 

With only a few simple words, the opposite speaker understood that a hurricane has stormed his buddy and boss again.

 

-

 

Looking at the door which is a barrier to the apartment, Riin contemplated whether or not to ring the door bell. It has been almost half a year since she last stepped on this doorstep way back before she got married. Bringing up her heavy arm, she rang the door bell and within a minute, she saw her step father. Although this man before him had always give her no good impression, but she was rather surprised to see the weary face of his; as if he has not taken a good sleep for ages.

 

“Riin…” he was startled to see his stepdaughter. “Come in, your face is so pale.” Having his palm on her arm, “you’re freezing cold, did you walked here?”

 

“Ajuhsshi…where’s omma? She’s not home?”

 

“Ahh…she went to the wet market and won’t be back in another hour time,” he answered uneasily, trying his best in avoiding her eye contact. “I’ll get you a hot drink. What brings you here?”

 

“So early, it’s not even five yet and she’s out.”

 

Taking a seat on the couch, she stretched her legs out a little to feel the same comfort she once had quite some time ago. Although she might had the best comfort in the world ever since she entered Kim Mansion, but at this very minute, she realized the scent of home was the best comfort she could ever have and desire for. “I miss her…it seems we had lost in contact for a pretty long time.” And to her surprise, she was rather missing this man here for the very first time. “You as well, I miss those jokes you had made for us just for the sake of a smile in return. Omma would fall from the couch hugging her stomach and rolled around on the floor.”

 

Placing the coffee on the coffee table before her, he smiled “I miss that side of your mum too. But seriously, I don’t think you’ll get to see her today. She called awhile ago that she’ll be back late as she bumped into a long lost friend.”

 

“Really?” she sighed. “I guess I came at a wrong time; our timing was always wrong. Perhaps this is the first time we had ever spoken so long together,” she looked up at the man in his late forty. “Please look after omma all her life…she’d suffered much. No matter how much I hate her for arranging me this marriage, but I know I can never blame her for she always will be that one person in this world that would never abandon me.”

 

“Riin,” he held on her hand, “something happen between you and Junsu, isn’t it? You look troubled. Your mother had always blamed herself for letting you walked into that path. She hoped you could have happiness but it’s my fault.”

 

“We can’t really blame anyone who loves you, can we? It’s fated and destined. No one could change it.” Taking one last sip before making her move to leave, she said, “Tell omma that I’ll be coming again later tomorrow, tell her that I’m bringing her back to our old house.”

 

“Old house,” he was confused. “You meant the one you had stayed with your dad?” he queried.

 

Riin just nodded her head with a smile, “I guess I should really make my move already.”

 

“Bye…” he closed the door. About ten minutes later, the door bell rang again and he thought it might be Riin. “Coming…” but only to see Junsu when he opened the door, he was speechless to see another intruder in this early dawn.

 

Bowing politely before asking, “Riin, is she here?”

 

“Ten minutes ago she was,”

 

“Where else could she go?” Junsu closed his eyes restlessly while massaging on his temples.

 

Holding on the door knob, he could see that Junsu has no intention going in and was about to leave after knowing the person he’s finding isn’t there. From the façade of his look, he could tell that Junsu was anxious about Riin’s whereabouts. Upon seeing Junsu about to leave, he held on his elbow, halting him. “Mr. Kim, I may not have any rights in interfering in this matter. But sometime, loving someone is indescribable as love can never be explained. At this moment, you may think that person you’d deeply love is the right one but actually, this new love is the one you’d look for all this while.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Riin’s mother had been worried about her ever since she married into the Kim,” he explained. “She always blamed herself for leading Riin into such miserable life and it took her so long to have those worries lessen after seeing you two get along awhile ago. And with recent rumors spreading around, those worries come back again.”

 

“I’m sorry,” Junsu bowed his head.

 

“No one can really force you. In this world, an unrequited love is the hardest. I’d experienced it beforehand and I understand it very well,” he patted on Junsu’s shoulder before a warm smile evolved. “All I can say for now is that; leave her if she’s not the one. This unrequited love is smothering her and she could barely take it anymore. She may look brave and strong but the real face beneath this mask she’s wearing on, you won’t want to see.”

 

Junsu was speechless, he find no words coming out from his mouth no matter how much he wanted to say something in return, at least not only letting the man before him to speak continuously. But he found himself completely and utterly drained by guilt.

 

“How much one heart can really take? She’d experienced it once and that time, it took her a long time for those pieces of broken heart to heal.”

 

“Riin…I’ll not hurt her anymore, one heart can never take too much pain…”

 

“She might be in her old house if you know where it is, go look for her.”

 

“Thank you,” Junsu grabbed hold on both his hands and sprinted towards the lift.

 

Within five minutes, he had reached his destination and as he got down from his vehicle he looked around anxiously. The familiar figure sitting on the white sandy beach; looking out the small wave of the beach, he knows is Riin. Step by step he made his way towards her; he draped his jacket around her knowing she would feel cold by now.

 

Feeling the sudden warmth, she looked up to see the person she hated very much but loving him was stronger than hating and she hate herself for that. “How do you know that I’m here?”

 

Sitting by her side, he placed his hand behind on the sand and stretched his legs out feeling the fresh breeze brushing across his face. “Your step father, you once said that man is the one person in this world you hated the most, was he?”

 

“Before this he was but soon it had been replaced by a man named, Kim Junsu,” she said coldly.

 

He chuckled mischievously upon seeing her expression. This facial expression was long gone ever since Inhwan returned into his life one year ago when he and Riin had got married not too long. His hand reached over her face and gently pinched on her cheek.

 

“What was that for,” Riin’s eyes glowered hard at him.

 

Resting his arm on her shoulder, he gently massaged on her neck. “He told me a lot about love and I think he’s right.”

 

“You speed, did you?”

 

A smile crept on his face whilst his thumb caressing on his cheek, “How do you know, sixth sense?”

 

Pushing his hand off her, she stood up “I understand you too well and I hate myself for that. It was as if a sin for understanding you.”

 

Sliding his hand into hers as she brushed past him, he looked into the air wearily. “Tacit understanding, I admire how we have this understanding.” Turning her around to face him, their hands are now clinging and it was him who took the initiative; not giving her any chance to avoid him. “Without needing me to say much, you could read my mind well. Even it is vague but you understand it utterly and for that, you hated it.”

 

“Stop torturing me,” she hit against his chest. “How long more are you planning to do this?”

 

“You’d always said I’m the one torturing you, then what about me?” his voice was low; sounded tired. “The first time meeting you, I know you’re heartbroken the aftermath of breaking off with Yoochun. You were always cold towards me as if an Ice Princess. I never dare to close in the gap between us but perhaps it was Inhwan that had tied us together. At that time I wasn’t sure if my heart is ready for you and when I’d decided to forget the past and start my life afresh, you kept pushing me away.” Interlocking their hand, she could feel his grasp on her. “Everyone had been telling me I’m such a jerk for hurting you and all but what about me. What did you do when I’m ready for you, why did you pushed me away and gave me an excuse to return to Heebon? You should have understood me already after the Christmas party.”

 

Dare not to look straight into his eyes, she looked away sadly “If anyone has to be blamed, you aren’t the one. Like you’d said, this tacit understanding between us is killing me. No matter how vague you’d said, I tried to pretend to not understand it; a way for me to keep myself staying by your side.” Holding on her breath, the tears in her eyes threatening to fall, “I understand you too well that I know if I’m to use force, you wouldn’t abandon me and instead leaving Heebon.”

 

Both hands cupping on her chin by those two quivering hands, Junsu said “A future has to be written with two hands, I need you with me to write a brand new future. You’d always said I’ve been saying vague things and now I’ll make this clear, I want you by my side.”

 

Holding on his left hand, she gradually brought it down, “Heebon need you. Our pact will end in two months time and you’d made your decision so don’t be hesitate with it anymore. If both of us are feeling hurt, so does she.”

 

“Riin, nothing has happen between me and Heebon. Really, the wine was drugged…”

 

“I believe, but let’s not make things go any complicated anymore.” she withdrew her hand from his. Looking at the sunrise, a smile evolved in her face. “I will never forget you and the time we had. Right from the start both of us knows this will end when the time arrives.”

 

“Are you serious, can you really let it go so easily?”

 

She nodded her head. “I see things before me in a simple way, is you that had complicate my life. Getting cold, let’s go home and don’t make them worry about us.” She made her way towards his car. Junsu didn’t say a word but just follow her footsteps knowing that he was too late, he had made things clear at a wrong time.

 

Hopping into the car, he held on her hand and interlocked their fingers. “Accompany me to watch the sunrise…for one last time, okay?”

 

“The sun rises every day…” before she could finish her sentence, his lips pressed on hers shutting up . She could feel a tear dropped on her face as he sealed her lips. Her eyes too filled with tears as she saw the tears dripping from his face.

 

About an hour later, Junsu has no intention in going back yet and by then, Riin had fallen asleep with her head leaning against the car window. Caressing on her face, he can’t help but to feel another drop of tear escaped his eye. “Was it too late to say I love you? Kim Junsu, won’t you regret for letting her go?” gently pulling her over to his side, she was very tired he thought. She didn’t move a bit when he pulled her, feeling her soft cheek against his, “Riin ah, won’t you even give me one more chance?” he held on the necklace and soon grasping it in his palm to feel more tears dripping down his face. Junsu has not cry but for her, he had shed a tear again. Never did he know that, the cherry pendant in his hand was shimmering in red.

 

-

 

Later in that day, a fashion function was held in Lotte Hotel and having been warned by Mr. Kim, both Junsu and Riin shared a same thought that they should attend it together. Walking into the hall hand in hand, Riin watched as the reporters and photographers urged up to them with millions of incredulous questions and flashes from their huge camera along with snapping sounds. By now, Riin supposed get used to it but it somehow ached her eyes as she tilted her head over her shoulder; to his side.

 

Noticing the discomfort they had caused her had, Junsu cleared his throat, “Dear reporters, we don’t mind to be interviewed but it bothered me to see those camera flashes hurting my wife’s eyes.” Having a polite smile on face, he said “Would you mind stop taking picture and even if you want, not all together at one time.”

 

All this while, Junsu had been well known among the reporters. Because of his special status and he’s a womanizer, each and everyone want to know more about him and given his bad temper, he always had flared up and throwing temper before the media and even sued them for times. But ever since he had attended functions with Riin, they could see some changes in him as the usual Junsu would have face them in a cold and solemn face threatening each and everyone in the hall. Nowadays, not only he had got rid of the cold expression he even smiled and was polite to the media. Many had commented that he was influenced by the lovely young girl from Jang.

 

“What’s that so fascinating that had kept you here so long?” he draped his blazer around her shoulder knowing she would feel cold. Leaning on the terrace fence, he looked out to the shinning city of Seoul from the tall building.

 

She shook her head with a smile, “thought I could have some peaceful moment here but it was ruined again.”

 

Poking on her waist, it made her jumped a little; caused by ticklish. “Are you saying that I’m bothering you?” Junsu face darkened.

 

“Isn’t it obvious…?” Riin rolled her eyes smilingly with her hands crossed over her chest.

 

Tightening his blazer around her, Junsu hugged her from behind. “Should I forbid you from wearing dress which made with so little material?” he tilted his head and looked into her eyes intently before shifting those eyes to her chest.

 

“Yah ert!” she threw the blazer back to Junsu whilst moving away from him only to give him chance turning her around whilst snaking both his arms around her waist.

 

“Well let’s see who is that wearing seductive clothing,” leaning in, he whispered into her ear slyly “your husband can’t stand with any seduce from you,” he slid his hand along her arm; sending her goose bumps.

 

“Enough with that,” she chuckled. “Heebon, she’s not here?”

 

“I asked her not to come…” he turned her around having her leaning against his chest; filling her with warmth.

 

“You’re too cruel…”

 

Resting his chin on her shoulder, he said “If I’m to finish off these two months with you, I don’t want any bothersome coming in between us.” A sudden sound of throat clearing, they both moved away uneasily.

 

“I’m sorry for bothering;” it was Eunhyuk “Mr. Choi from CN Enterprise is here.” He informed.

 

“You’d wanted to meet that guy for a long time already, weren’t you? Go ahead; I’m going to stay for a little bit longer,” she said before leaning in and whispered “without any disturbance.”

 

He chuckled. Tilting his head, he said “Will be there later…” seeing Eunhyuk had left, Riin was looking at him curiously. “No necklace?” stuffing his hand into the pocket, he put it on around her neck. “Since it’s meant for you, I can’t really think of giving anybody else besides you.”

 

Riin gaped looking down at the necklace. “Nothing special, really…” he said casually. “We’ve made the decision already and I know we shouldn’t be hesitating with that but as long as this is still with me, I don’t think I can stay firm with the decision.” Holding tight on the pendant, she could feel the cherry crafted with diamonds delicately. Overwhelmed by the fact that he actually bought the necklace for her, she didn’t realize the pendant was shimmering once again.

 

-

 

“Kim Junsu, when was the last time we met?”

 

Junsu forced out a smile as he faced his strong rival back in university. “Such unimportant thing I don’t keep in my head. You made a big hit in China. What brings you back?”

 

“This is what we call immature,” Jaejoong whispered to Eunhyuk.

 

“Agree with you…”

 

“Sill same as before,” he shook his head to see Junsu changed not much. He shrugged his shoulder, “Missing homeland…maybe…”

 

Junsu rolled his eyes in annoyance. For as long as he remembered, he had started university in the same year as this guy. They were in the same class for about four semesters and for some unknown reason, he had withdrawn from the course. And by the time Junsu graduated, his rival was repeating the course. Junsu had wondered what exactly had happened but he did not ask much about it as he thought it might be financial problem. During the four semesters, whether it was class test or final examination, their results are close. Given Junsu’s attitude, he never thought there’ll be anyone that could level him in his studies and his existence somehow had threatened Junsu. And it was the third semester that he has no choice but to admit that this guy could level with him and perhaps excel him.

 

“Choi sunbae…” upon hearing a familiar feminine voice, Siwon whirled round only to see the girl he had been missing all these years. “Riinie…” need not to think twice, he pulled her into his embrace. “Riin ah…how long we’ve not meet, I miss you so much.”

 

“I don’t remember,” she looked into his eyes. From far, Junsu could see sparkle in Riin’s eyes; shimmering. “But definitely had been ages, I miss you too.”

 

“You’d changed so much. But there’s one thing you’ve not change at all,” he frowned. “How many times I’d asked you to stop calling me Choi sunbae…”

 

“Siwon…” a girl came from behind. Her angelic face and perfect bodyline almost captivate Riin’s eyes making no words more coming out from . “She’s your girlfriend?”

 

“My assistant not girlfriend,” he pinched her cheek. “Stop jumping to conclusion. She’s Victoria…” he introduced.

 

Victoria turned to Siwon abruptly as he was surprised to see him denied the truth that she’s his girlfriend. Within a minute, she knew the woman before her with a pair of crystal fawn eyes; is the woman he had been longing all this while. “Nice to meet you, Mrs. Kim,” she reached out her hand for Riin.

 

“Choi sunbae? What is their relationship?” Junsu’s face expression was completely darkened as he can’t help himself stop from eyeing fierily at them.

 

Letting out a sigh, Jaejoong patted on Junsu’s back, “Looks like he’s not only your rival in studies and business. Choi Siwon has returned to be your rival in love as well.” Crossing his arms before his chest, he said “this guy here, Riin had once admired him very much and to make things more interesting and complicating is, he do has feeling for your wife. Watch out for him.”

 

Placing his hands on her shoulders, “you would be happier to meet this person,” he turned her to the right side. “Look who’s there…”

 

“Oppa…” Riin was gasping as the person turned around. “Hankyung oppa,” she ran up to him as he opened forth both his arms, having his hand running up and down her back. “Silly girl…you’re choking me to death.”

 

“And now who is that?” Junsu was on a verge of throwing his temper again as the lunatic side of him appearing; fist tightened. Immediately both Eunhyuk and Jaejoong grabbed hold on his arms; pulling him back. “Get hold of yourself hyung. That’s her brother, idiot.” Jaejoong mumbled to him.

 

“Heebon shi…” Eunhyuk was surprised to see her. Junsu get angrier, “Why are you here, didn’t I asked you not to come?!”

 

“Here to help you,” she held her hand and pulled him to the dance floor. Junsu’s fiery eyes have not leave Riin and Siwon from the second he stepped into the dance floor. “You’re finally experiencing the feeling we both have, aren’t you?”

 

“What are you talking about? I have no mood to dance!”

 

“You’re fuming in anger because you’re mindful that someone is here to take her away from you.”

 

“Why are you talking to me so vaguely right now?”

 

“I learnt from you? Perhaps it’s because you’re too angry. Sometime people can easily be blinded by anger and of course jealousy.”

 

“What’s the use of saying this? She’s happily with another guy shouldn’t you be the happiest one here?” Junsu sneered. He twirled her around as he saw Siwon turning Riin in circle; he pushed against Heebon’s waist making her fall towards Siwon’s side. Swiftly, he pulled Riin over. “Very happy, are you?” he whispered into Riin’s ear.

 

“Yah Kim Junsu…”

 

“Angry that I pulled you over, should I return you back to him?”

 

“Aish…I’ll be going to oppa’s apartment later.”

 

“Not coming back home?” he raised his voice. “Don’t go overboard!”

 

“Idiot,” she hit on his forehead. “Who said I’m not coming back? Stop speaking so loud.”

 

“If I’m not only forbidding you from wearing this sort of clothing but that man there you’re also forbid to meet, will you obeyt?”

 

“Crazy,” she frowned; irritated.

 

“All this while there’s only one way to hush me,” he pressed his lips against hers. “Junsu…” her eyes goggled in surprise to see him tilting his head deepening their kiss.

 

-

 

“Riin ah…” Yoona ran up to her. “Are you prepared for the presentation?”

 

She nodded, “Everything should be fine. Thanks for helping me throughout this time.”

 

“You sure of resigning after the mega sale project ends?” receiving no reply from Riin, she understood and did not pester her. “How come we’re having the meeting in Lotte World’s office?”

 

“I’m not sure either, heard that the decision will be made by the shareholders and since father in law is in Bangkok, Junsu will take charge. Decision will be made through voting.”

 

“Mrs. Kim, Ms. Im, the meeting will start in a short while.”

 

-

 

Heebon had volunteered to start the presentation first. Her plan was meant for the promotion during the year end mega sale and the teenage and individual in their late twenties are Heebon’s plan target. As for Riin, family or in other word customer in their late forties are her targeted customers. After looking through their proposal, Junsu cannot deny that Heebon’s plan eats up a huge budget and they might gain high profit once they succeed but if they fail, it would give the company a big impact and damage. While Riin’s, her idea was not too risky in fact it has a higher potential than Heebon’s. However, he’s not the only one to decide as they are still other shareholders to vote as well.

 

“Okay, I’m sure you all had an answer after listening to their presentation, and it’s time to make your decision.” he concluded. “On the table, there’s a small piece of paper. Please write your answer in it and in a short while we’ll know which plan we’re using.”

 

After a few minutes, Eunhyuk had calculated all the votes. He whispered to Junsu and it somehow frightened him after hearing the result. “Both proposals are great and either of it would give benefits to the company. From the voting, it’s decided we’ll use Heebon’s.”

 

Closing the document file, Riin excused herself and exited the conference room. Heebon smirked, “Pathetic, it’s that how she behave after losing?” Yoona’s glistening eyes were glaring over at Heebon.

 

“Riin…” Junsu whispered as he saw her exited the room before the meeting ends. “Dismiss,” he followed behind her. Seeing Junsu ended the meeting all of the sudden and ran off following his wife, it somehow surprised other staff as he has never behaved this way.

 

“Riin ah…” upon hearing the familiar voice, she started running. Given her short legs, easily he caught up with her pace. “Stop Riin…” he held on her arms, “It’s not like you. Why are you behaving this way of all sudden?”

 

“I’m a sore loser, can’t I be one?” she raised her voice. “Right from the start I thought I would win. After listening to her presentation, I was still positive but why did you do that? Can’t you at least help me? You know her plan has lots of problem yet you agreed with it.”

 

“What did I do? Stop being like this, I’m worried.” He sighed, “What do you expect me to do when you only won 3 out of 10 votes. I can barely get to do something to help a little.”

 

“I know I’m being unreasonable here, leave me alone,” she ran into the lift.

 

“Wait…”

 

Running down from the stairs, he looked around the main hall where performance was ongoing on the stage. Junsu was surrounded by people and it became harder to search for Riin with the crowd standing in his approaching way. As he sees familiar figure trudging through the main exit, he sees a man pushing the trolley with stock piled up falling soon. Immediately he ran towards her, wrapping her in his arms saved her from being knocked by the trolley.

 

“You moron, stop doing this, you’re killing me.” Junsu turned her around only to see the girl in his arms was not Riin. “I’m sorry,” and just when he looked up, he saw her stood a few steps before him. “Don’t do this anymore,” he pulled her into his arms.

 

“Junsu, stop being so good to me, you know. You know that I love you so stop messing with me or I won’t be able to let go,” she cried and ran into the taxi.

 

 

Presented by Celestine Blue

//My everything//

 

090929