Chapter 4

My Everything

 

~ My Everything ~ Chapter 4~

 

It was like a hurricane that had struck Riin. For almost close to half a month since she and Yoochun’s relations had ended, apparently she had been locking herself in her own room without doing anything but staring still on the ceiling and filled her mind with the loving memories of the time she and Yoochun had. The time was short. It ended too soon that Riin had not expected it to. Day and night she had held a mirage and envisages of the future and even the present she is having with a guy named Yoochun. She clearly knows this man who once stood before her claiming to be the love of her life and despite all the promises; she knows he is not something she could have, could own forever. Even so, she wished to hold him longer and sometime he made her believe that there is such thing call fairytale in this world. Nonetheless, the veracity of the world awakes her from her little blissful dream.

 

“Do you know that Mr. Park had taken a long leave to America?” Sooyoung tells Soohee in purpose as she sees Riin coming out from the storeroom strolling towards them. “I wonder how he could come up with such decision; at the very least he ought to repay our Riin something.”

 

“He had been very good to put up with her for as long as he did, she should be grateful.” Soohee chuckles and continues “Her debts were almost settled after all, I suppose.”

 

As her watch clicked it shows 6.30 and it is time for her to leave. Making her way towards the cashier counter, she finally opens for the first time since she clocked in for work this morning and this somehow worried Taeyeon very much more than ever to see the potent asphyxiation of anguish that overwhelming her.

 

“Taeyeon,” her frail voice averts Taeyeon’s attention from the sales report. She looks up to the fragile looks of her best friend. “It’s 6.30 already…”

 

It was a simple and cold monotone of voice she had said in. Taeyeon looks down on her watch to realizes that time has once again passes fast another day. “Uhmm…I’ll take care of the remaining things. You should go home and have more rest, you look…”

 

“Bye…” she cut her off for the tenth time today and saunters towards the storeroom.

 

“What should we do?” Taeyeon keep her eyes on the back view of the restless figure that is uncertain to where she is heading to.

 

“To be exact, what can we really do?” Yubin says as she too looking at Riin. “There’s nothing much, isn’t it.”

 

Waiting patiently at the bus stop for her shuttle back home, it was same like the day she met Yoochun where he stopped his car persistent to give her a ride home. The sun had almost set completely leaving the weak sunlight shone on her; a fragile figure which could fray into nothing in any moment perhaps instance. The very moment he said those words, her heart had almost stop beating instantly and even it did beats, she was leave with a frail heart and for now to her, this heart has stopped. Nothing really matter to her anymore as her world was as if black and white and the hourglass in her heart has stopped as well. She was once again being abandoned by the one she love and had loved her. At that very time, a vehicle stopped right in front of her coming in between her thoughts. She brings up her head ever so slowly; the opposite person could see the anguish simply through her eyes that ornamented with dark orbs under the hazel eyes of hers. It was so similar to that day and this makes her come back to her sanity a little.

 

The car window of the luxurious vehicle scrolled down and the elegant lady inside peers at her half smilingly. “Miss Jang, mind if I’m to bother you for a while?”

 

-

 

“Impossible,” Riin got up from her seat almost instantly upon hearing her mother newest ridiculous plan. “I’m not going to marry anyone.”

 

Mrs. Jang uneasily pulls her down back to her seat but Riin holds firm on her standing. “Aish…Riin, behave in front the elders.”

 

“Perhaps you would change your mind after meeting your husband to be?” Madam Kim says as she stands and walks up to Riin. Holding on her elbow, she gently turns her around to face her. “Young lady shouldn’t make a decision so easily without thinking twice. You can always take some time thinking over it before making the…”

 

“Enough!” Riin swings her hand off hers as she’s not giving her any chance to finish what’s on her mind. “I’m being very wise now and there’s not a need having any extra time.” She strides her way towards the exit.

 

-

 

“What makes you come up with that decision of accepting that arranged marriage?” Eunhyuk asks as he follows behind him.

 

Junsu shrugs his shoulder coldly as if not bothered by the question, “It doesn’t really matter, does it?”

 

“Being an obedient kid, it’s not like you” he says defiantly.

 

“Perhaps she would be some kind of beautiful lady, elegant, intelligent and most of all she might help Lotte Group, who knows…”

 

“From the way you say, I’m pretty positive that you’re to ruin her life,” he pestered annoyingly in hoping that he at least would be agitated by his continuous replies something which he seldom does. Junsu had moved back to the Kim mansion ever since Heebon left. He had been moving on perhaps it seems like it is but from the awkward way, Eunhyuk knows that Junsu isn’t really moving forward in a way he ought to.

 

“Everyone has their own point of view on certain thing,” Junsu stares down to the floor through his brownish shades while continues “I can’t really change your view on this wedding and I can’t be bothered by others thoughts.”

 

“Kim Junsu,” Eunhyuk holds on his arm pulling him back a little firmly. Before he could really bring back the topic again, something stopped him. One of the rooms; the door opened widely as if some kind of hurricane had stormed it wide. A girl around 5 feet 2 inches walking fast towards their direction and she don’t seem too aware of her surroundings. She walks so fast that she bumps into the man not too far from her.

 

“I’m sorry,” she has her head so low that Junsu hardly could have an eye on her and in fact he didn’t really want to. He looks down at her with the corner of his eyes, “Bring your eyes along when you’re walking, my advice.”

 

-Two years later-

 

“Riin,” Taeyeon shakes her shoulders.

 

“Huh…” she looks up to her. “What is that?”

 

“I’m the one who should ask you that,” she sits down on the chair dressed with creamy white silk and ornamented with a light purple ribbon which held a small bouquet of roses at the back of it. “What is that you’re thinking about? You’ve been staring still on that point so long for I don’t know how long it had been.”

 

“Stop talking so much, when will the photo shooting starts?” she is getting frustrated. “Why are we waiting here for hours doing nothing?”

 

“You shall get the answer from your husband to be…he is not here and we won’t be moving forward,” she answers Riin’s question.

 

“Miss Jang,” Eunhyuk calls politely with a bow. “Mr. Kim has something important came up all of the sudden and that he won’t be able to get the photo shooting done today. He said it would be alright if you’re to take the individual first.”

 

“Thanks for the information; you may leave with a message from me to him.” Riin stands up and flashes a threatening glare over to the innocent Eunhyuk.

 

Somehow, Taeyeon can’t help but to have a smile crept on her face to see a sense of fury from Riin’s face expression. At the very least, she has changed a little and different from the past month; the cold, unfeeling and expressionless Riin. At that second, she was glad that her friend was arranged with a marriage despite having her locked in such moment. Perhaps this man could wash away all the memories she had with Yoochun and write a brighter future instead of locking in a dark shadow of life.

 

-

 

“Your wife to be,” Junsu looks up to the exhausted Eunhyuk who is collapsing on the seat opposite him. “She’s really daring having to leave such a message to you,” he passes him a square piece of paper.

 

‘KIM JUNSU!

 

It would be the best if you could get a professional photographer who could photoshop the wedding photo because I don’t wish to be taking together with you too. It’s really killing me!!!

 

SO STOP WASTING MY TIME!!!’

 

“Interesting,” he crumples the paper and threw it somewhere. “Good idea, find me one if you’re calling me buddy.”

 

Shaking his head, Eunhyuk almost disbelieve to what he heard, “I’ve not called myself as Kim Junsu’s buddy.”

 

“Hey, she’s right,” he says while typing on the keyboard. “Seeing her for a minute is killing me so why not just photoshop the wedding pictures, it’s not even important.”

 

“What kind of creature the both of you are?” he crosses his arms “You’re hopeless!!!”

 

-

 

Heading straight back home has become a routine for Junsu or he would shut himself under the illumination of neon lights of the night club down the street of Seoul famous nightlife entertainment. He would spend all his night there alone and if he is feeling of or having the mood, he will have a beautiful lady in his arm and finished off the day in Lotte Hotel. Eunhyuk has commented that Junsu was like a beast having to do such thing after seeing him in such state for the whole month.

 

He lied restlessly on his comfy couch and stare still on the white ceiling with his mind gushing by trillion of questions which are unanswerable. It was his msn that waked him up from thoughts and as he turns around, he sees his baby sister and begins to type on the silver Sony Vaio.

 

Junsu says:

How are your studies there? Doing well?

 

Jessica says:

I’m doing very well here and it’s sad to see that Junsu oppa isn’t doing any better there

 

Junsu says:

What do you mean?

 

Jessica says:

Just look at your wedding photo as if someone precious of yours died. Can’t you at least smile to this lady here, what’s up with the both of you? I mean is once in a lifetime and the face expression merely get a pass here, the both of you.

 

Junsu says:

You do know this is only a play, I never wanted this. It’s getting late; I shall get some sleep for the scheduled meeting, rather early tomorrow. Work hard!

 

Jessica says:

Alright- I won’t stop you from running away but then again, if you’re doing this might as well don’t ruin her life; she’s innocent in this case. Anyway oppas asked me to send you regards and in the same time apologize for not being able to attend your wedding. Bye.

 

He leans against the couch. “Nothing else I could do other than this…Heebon, where are you…”

 

-

 

Riin walks down the aisle having her hand brushes against the lily on each pew. Everything was placed and arranged perfectly nice. The silk that has adorned on every pew, weaving them in a form of wave as if connecting every pew together and as she walks along the white aisle she learned that the guests would have to enter their seats at the end of the pew instead through the side by the aisle. They are not supposed to step their foot on the aisle it seemed. Within ten hours, she is to step her foot into this church which had witnessed many pairs lovebird living happily ever after leaving here after the ceremony. But for her it is almost killing her leading her to asphyxiation to know that she would march down this aisle with someone she doesn’t have any feeling tomorrow and then again, Yoochun came into her mind.

 

“Nervous?” a lady voice turns Riin around to face her directly. It was her future mother in law, she ambles to her side and a warm smile has makes Riin feel better. “You should. I was once in this moment and it’s really torturing to know there’s still plenty of time before the event take place.”

 

Riin didn’t say a word and it’s not that she didn’t want to; it’s she didn’t know what to say and what ought to be said. She’s utterly locked in confusion since the second she had agreed to this marriage. In a second of the day she would think why she came to agree obediently at the very end.

 

“Having a pretty tough time,” Mrs. Kim holds on Riin’s shoulder, gently. “Junsu, he might not be a gentleman but he’s not a bad person, I can promise you that.”

 

Riin turns to face her with that tired pair of eyes; it was filled with mixture of frustration and confusion. “My son, he’s going through a hard time too. Having to see his love one leave him by his self, it hurt him thoroughly.”

 

“I’m uncertain,” her angelic voice finally came out. “If I can really live under the same roof with him and everything had sprung up to me too sudden. An ever so perfect guy came to me telling me how much and how deep his love for me and suddenly just leaved, then an arranged marriage to a guy who is completed with every good thing in the world. What the heck is really going on?” she buries her face in both her palms.

 

From Riin’s voice, at that moment, it was as if sympathy has brought in by the wind. Mrs. Kim gently pulls her into her arms and caresses her ebony silk hair. “Sometime, we can’t really get what we wished. This is the veracity in the world, we may have some sort of fate with certain people but we might not be destined to continues our life with the person we feels he’s the one; instead the other way around. Only fairy tales would have such perfect ending.”

 

Indeed it was true, Riin thought. Since day one she has not believes in fairy tale but Yoochun convinced her and made her believed in it, nonetheless, he was also the one who gave and took away this dream that Riin had locked in. His leaving was as if taking away her heartbeat together. Ever since the day they had broken up, her heart as if had stopped. Nothing in her sight seems to be important anymore, black and white.

 

-

 

“I do.”

 

That’s the words that stirred Riin up from the puzzlement she’s in. She tilts her head; not daring to have her head brings up to face the man stood right beside her. By just sneaking a quick look, she could see him standing there as if a mannequin with a cold heart. It would definitely do the world the good if he said ‘No’ at that very minute but Riin’s only hope shattered into pieces.

 

“Do you Jang Riin, take Kim Junsu as your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do you part?” the priest said it with a smile forming on his face.

 

He looked so nice and kind. It was the warm smile of his that made her heart throbs times slower than before. But at that moment, her lips were frozen she could hardly utter a word out, as if her body was telling; this would be the last chance to save you from stepping into a nightmare. Chatters and whispers begin to fill the church and from the corner of her eyes, she could see the threatening glare from her mother. Bringing up her head to face the still figure that had stood by her for the past minutes, for the first time she had seen his face clearly. The coldness of his can be seen even just from the side view. Again and again she’s thinking. Whether should or not to leave the church to somewhere she could feel safe and a place that she owned. If she could, she would lock herself in her own world and even if she is to fade away from the world, she’s willing.

 

“I…no…” her voice barely above whisper.

 

Chatter of voices once again filled the church. Riin turned over her shoulder to see her mother’s intense glare. That expression of hers, she knows she can never go against her but only to conciliate with her each and every decision even it is to doom her life forever.

 

“I do.”

 

Through the priest who is in his late fifty, his gaze on her was as if pitying her in some way and turning over to Junsu, he then announces “A moment ago, you both were only Kim Junsu and Jang Riin. From now on, you are Kim Junsu and Kim Riin. No matter how luxurious a wedding may be, but it will only last a day but marriage is forever. I wish you’ll live your life blissfully; happy ever after once you step your foot out here. You may kiss your bride.”

 

‘Forever’ does it even mean something to this marriage? From this day forth, they will call themselves husband wife, how could and how should they live their life under the same roof. It somehow makes her feel relieved upon knowing they will be living with the elders for the first month after the wedding. At the very least, she does not need to solely face this cold hearted person that early and have some time in adapting with the new surroundings.

 

Feeling his arm reaching for her shoulder, she could feel his harshness and that makes her turned to him. He gradually uncovered the veil that leads Riin have a clearer picture of him. It does not make much difference. Having a step behind, it was almost out of her control and it happened in instinct. Forcefully he pecked on her lips which put an end to the wedding ceremony.

 

 

Presented by Celestine Blue

//My everything//

 

090427