Chapter 24

My Everything

 

~ My Everything ~ Chapter 24~

 

Weather had turned drastically recently in Seoul and about seven in the evening, rain began to pour from the sky turning almost everyone’s’ mood, gloomy. Riin has not changed much since she was small, always unable to think wisely when she’s overwhelmed by problem. The usual she had often been running off from the unsolved problem and she cannot really remember for how many times she had been running away like a coward from Junsu. She can’t really blame anyone that she’s now running all around Seoul under the heavy rain as she was the one who ran off without a car nor she has a cent with her. Finally reaching the place, she brought up her arm to ring the door bell but find herself left not much strength. Just when Riin was about to fall, a pair of reliable arms caught her fall.

 

“Riin…”

 

She looked up to the person; a smile gradually grew “Choi sunbae…” Siwon could feel her quivering. “Riin…” Hankyung ran up to them from the driver seat. He was surprised to see his beloved sister completely drenched under the rain. “Why are you here? Where’s Junsu?”

 

“Cut that off,” Siwon swooped her securely in his arms, bringing her into his house. “Let’s go in first; she’ll catch a cold if we’re to stay here so long.”

 

“She’s already in a cold,” Hankyung sighed heavily.

 

“Siwon…” Victoria mumbled while grasping onto the umbrella as he didn’t even bother if the rain would hits him and ran into the house without her giving him shade, he was oblivious about her.

 

“Victoria shi, I’ll get the chauffeur to send you home,” Hankyung turned round to call the chauffeur but was stopped by Victoria, she held on his wrist. “It doesn’t matter, I can go home myself.”

 

“Are you sure? At least,” he handed his car key, “drive home. Don’t walk in a rain.”

 

Forcing out a convincing smile, she said “It’s been awhile I’ve not walk under the rain with an umbrella. Let me be, don’t have to worry. Bye…”

 

“Victoria…” she walked away without turning her head again to face Hankyung as the tears welled in her eyes are no longer holding back anymore, it streamed down.

 

Hankyung could only watch her back view turning smaller as she went further. Deep inside, he hoped he could just force Siwon to start a relationship with her but he does know everything can be forced but not love. This unrequited love was utterly killing Victoria, gradually. The moment Siwon decided return to Korea, he knows Siwon is determined with his plan and no one could stop him. Hankyung wasn’t sure if he could really help Siwon in this but if it would hurt Riin, he’ll definitely stop.

 

-

 

Drying her hair with the towel, it soon soaked by Riin’s wet hair. Siwon held on her chin bringing her up to face him. “Something happened between you and Junsu?”

 

She shook her head and forced out a smile, “Nothing, really nothing could happen anymore…”

 

“Riin ah,” he hugged her tightly and that surprised Riin. Her eyes were goggled as his embrace was so firm and she could feel his heartbeats against her chest. “What exactly had happened? How come you’re married to Junsu? Why did you leave all of the sudden back then?” her heart palpitated trillion times faster than it was as she could see their gap decreasing with his eyes on her intently.

 

“Ahem,” Hankyung cleared his throat as the both were oblivious with the door knocking sound. “Siwon, let me take over. I’ll look after her from here on.”

 

Feeling uneasy, he got up from the bed to see Riin’s face flushed red. Brushing through his hair, he said awkwardly “Yeah, you should take good care of her.” leaning down beside her ear, he whispered something to her which startled her utterly. She wasn’t sure why he had said that but it somehow bothered her after hearing it.

 

Walking past Hankyung with his hands stuff in his pants pocket, he chuckled “Buddy, you came in a wrong time.”

 

“That’s my job as my little sister’s guardian angel,” Hankyung smirked. Siwon could only force out a smile and exited the guest room. Closing the door behind before locking it, Riin was curious, “What were the both of you mumbling about?”

 

Holding on her head, he gently pressed on it. “Silly girl, for as long as I remember you were once in love with this man terribly. Get hold of yourself, don’t believe in someone easily.”

 

Scratching her head in confusion, she shrugged “I don’t get what you mean. Why can’t you change that bad behavior of yours in speaking circuitously?”

 

Sitting beside her on the bed, he the hair dryer. “Marrying into the Kim, it’s all her plan, was it?”

 

Grabbing hold on the hair dryer, she turned it off and faced her brother. “Siwon had been mindful with the reason to why I left without a word. But the question of how you could leave us all alone had been bothering me all these years. I could barely get to move on having been abandoned by my own brother like an unwanted pet.” Her fist tightened as she pulled him on the collar.

 

-

 

“Damn it,” Junsu hit against the steering wheel as he received no respond from Riin’s phone but only voicemail. He had left her about 20 plus voicemails but not even one she had replied. Leaning his forehead against it, he’s getting tired with his own self. All of a sudden, he recalled something that could trace Riin’s whereabouts.

 

“Eunhyuk, check out if Hankyung is staying with Siwon.” he started his car engine, “get me his address.”

 

-

 

“So how is she?” Siwon asked while filling the small cup with tea. Leaning on the couch, he looked at Hankyung as he seated opposite him. “If she’s fever, I can call the doctor.”

 

Hankyung shook his head, “she’s fine, just fallen asleep a moment ago.”

 

Suddenly a loud sound of glasses breaking killed the calm silent atmosphere. They both shared a moment of eye contact. “Something happened up there…” Siwon eyes widened.

 

“I’ll go check out,” Hankyung sighed. “Have she not changed all this while?” he ascended the flight of stairs. Within a minute, Siwon’s cell phone rang. “Hello, Choi Siwon imneeda.”

 

“Where’s my wife?”

 

Siwon smirked upon hearing the egoistic voice in the opposite line. “Mr. Kim, you sure are brilliant. How sure you are that your wife is with me?”

 

“I’ll be coming in if she does not come out in five minutes time,” Junsu replied firmly.

 

“Then I should go pay you a visit since you’re here already,” Siwon hung up the phone and sauntered towards the exit. As he opened the gate, he saw Junsu was leaning against his sports car. “We meet again, Kim Junsu.”

 

Junsu turned round to meet his challenging eyes, “Where is she?”

 

“What if she doesn’t want to see you,” he crossed his arms over his chest. “Are you going to storm into my house,” he motioned his arm, “and pull your wife out?”

 

“Choi Siwon,” his fists tightened. “My patience is very limited. Never dare you try challenging it.”

 

Stepping down from the few steps of stairs, he leaned forward to Junsu. “Well, you’d asked the reason behind me coming back to Korea. I’ll make it clear, right now. For her, for that one person I’ve been longing for. Your wife, Jang Riin.”

 

“You bastard,” Junsu pulled him up by the collar and throw his fist onto Siwon’s face. “Never touch her with those stinking hands of yours!”

 

-

 

“Master Siwon…”

 

Riin and Hankyung could hear noises coming from the main entrance. “What’s with those noises?”

 

“A fight is going on?” Riin frowned. “Go have a look,” she pulled Hankyung along and as they walked up to the gate, they saw the two guys were toppling on the ground attacking each other viciously. Hankyung attempted to pull them apart but only to be thrown away. Getting in between them, Junsu finally came to his senses and pulled his hand back. Riin turned to Siwon to see a thin line of red liquid dripping off from his lips. “Did he do this to you?”

 

“Nothing…I’m alright…” Siwon placed his hand around her waist trying to convince her.

 

“Kim Junsu,” she whirled round and to everyone’s surprise, and mostly Junsu, he could feel a tinge pain on his cheek, caused by the tight slap of Riin. “Why did you do that? Suddenly stormed into someone’s house and you even wrestled him, are you insane?”

 

“Come with me,” he grasped on her wrist and pushed her into the car. Along the way back home, none of them had said a word. The road back home was in dead silent; Riin would turn and gazed at Junsu occasionally. It was then that she noticed the bruises on his vacant look. If just now she said Siwon’s bruise was in a bad condition, Junsu might need to be send to hospital. The bruises on his face were in deep purple and red.

 

As the car stopped, Riin looked out to see they were at the beach house. Hopping out the car, she walked over to Junsu. “Are you okay?”

 

“Which part of my body you’re meaning?” his arms were crossed over his chest. “After all, do you even care? Go ask your Siwon, maybe he needs only you to cure his bruise.”

 

“Yah…Kim Junsu,” she turned him around to face her. “What’s the matter with you? All of the sudden, you’d appeared at his house and behaving like a beast punching and all, what’s wrong with you?”

 

“What’s wrong with me,” he swung off her hands and held on her shoulders. “Can’t you see the reason behind I’m behaving like this? It’s because of this person who was terribly sad after losing, running off without anything when out there’s raining heavily.” Shaking her front and back, he rested his forehead on hers. “How can I not get worried about my wife out there all alone? It’s all because of you that I’m acting like a lunatic.”

 

Looking away from his intense eyes, she murmured “Despite all that, you shouldn’t have come over and fight with him.”

 

Bringing up her head, he sighed “Looks like you believe him more than you would believe me.” he chuckled miserably, “why am I asking that, I’m only a stranger to you.”

 

ing his shirt, her sudden movement startled Junsu. He held on her hand, “Hey what are you doing. Stop harassing me!”

 

Her hands brought up to in surprise as she sees the bruises on his stomach. Tears welling in her eyes, she gently touched on his well build muscle “it hurts, isn’t it? Sorry, it’s my fault.”

 

Pulling her into his arms, he buries his face by her neck. “As long as you’re here with me, everything would be fine. Please don’t leave.”

 

-

 

During the mega sale period, since Heebon’s plan had been chosen, Riin has no reason to meddle with it anymore. Throughout the month, Riin was very free and she would lend a hand to Taeyeon in the shop once in awhile to deal with the problem she’s facing. Because the school holiday had ended, most of the part timers had resigned and almost every day Taeyeon would need to work for the whole day shift. All the outlets were under Heebon’s charge, even if Riin were to get involved, she wouldn’t allow.

 

“What happened? Why are all of you changing the mannequin?” Riin was shocked upon seeing how messed up the whole show was.

 

“Ask your rival,” Taeyeon rolled her eyes agitatedly.

 

Holding on her elbow, Riin stopped Heebon from walking away from her. “Heebon, what you’re doing it’s not going to work. All of these are matched by the designers and isn’t that doing fine, why are you changing all of it?”

 

“Doing fine?” Heebon glared at Riin, “the percentage of sales had dropped and you’re saying everything is fine, doing well. You’re kidding me.” she tilted her head over her shoulder, “Continue with what you’d halted. You all should know the consequences for disobeying your superior order.”

 

“I said STOP!” Riin shrieked.

 

“Who are you to instruct them?” Heebon poked against her shoulder.

 

Snapping her hand off her, Riin face expression was solemn and it somehow threatened Heebon a little. “I may not have right in stopping them since I’m no longer involved in this. But, as the daughter in law of owner of the Lotte World; I guess I have right in terminating whoever disobeying me.”

 

Almost instantly all the staff put down whatever they were holding on. Riin looked around before turning to face Heebon. “Listen to me; this is not an appropriate way to deal with. You shouldn’t have set youngsters as your target market…” before she could finished, Heebon had reached her hand across Riin’s face with a tight slap.

 

“Who do you think you are to tell me what to do?” Heebon pointed over at Riin. “By any chance, don’t tell me you had forgotten what Junsu’s decision is, have you?”

 

“This has nothing to do with that. All I’m saying is that you should try another way since it’s doing no good.”

 

“I see. It’s because the management choose to have my idea, that’s why you’re all shouting here; messing up my work, is it?” Heebon had her hands on her hips.

 

“Park Heebon,” Riin was fumed with anger. “Enough. If you’re to continue doing this, you’ll drag Lotte into a big trouble.”

 

“What trouble? You’re our biggest trouble!” she raised her hand; attempting to slap Riin again but this time, she was fast enough to get hold of Heebon’s wrist. Just then, it looked like it was just a coincident but it somehow as if it had been planned as Taeyeon see Junsu making his way into the shop. Because Riin’s back was facing the entrance, she was oblivious that Junsu is there not until the change in expression of Heebon.

 

“Ouch,” Heebon flinched. “I’ll listen; you don’t need to hold me that hard.”

 

Riin released her hand, immediately before turning over to see Junsu puzzled with what he saw awhile ago. She didn’t bother to explain either.

 

“Junsu ah, its lunch time...let’s get going,” Heebon held on his arm gradually pulling him towards the doorway. He can’t help but to have his eyes on Riin.

 

“You’re not planning to say anything to explain yourself, are you?” Taeyeon was furious. She was upset to see her friend doing nothing to save the relationship between her and Junsu. “Hopeless. If this is how it would end, why did you even bother to agree with this marriage?”

 

“I have no choice.”

 

“That’s why you’d opted that way? You really are stupid,” Taeyeon wrapped her hands around Riin; running her hand up and down her back. “You’ll get hurt. How many times are you planning to experience this sort of feeling? Aren’t you going to try fighting for it before letting it go?”

 

“I’ve no right in having something doesn’t belong to me.”

 

-

 

Time passed swiftly and as if in a blink of eyes, the pact has already coming to an end. In another one month time, they will be separating. Knowing that sooner or later they will be divorcing, today, Riin had filed the divorce without Junsu knowing. A week ago, they had agreed to have dinner with the elders in Kim Mansion. Obeying their grandmother, Yunho, Changmin and Jaejoong will be bringing their girlfriend home as well. Riin debated whether ought or not she chose this time to reveal the news that they are divorcing.

 

“Yuri…” Riin eyes widened upon seeing her with Changmin, “You and him, when did this happened.”

 

“When you’d run out from the conference room that day,” Junsu placed his arm around Riin’s shoulder, “I found out that day.”

 

“We’ll be engaging at the end of next month,” Changmin said, “Yunho, what about you and Ara then?”

 

“It’s not that I don’t want,” Yunho crossed his hands and pouted, “but it seems her ambition is way more important than me, right honey…”

 

“Yunho…” Ara shyly hit him, blushing.

 

Riin and Junsu were amused by their siblings. They somehow felt happy for they had finally found their true love, something they are unable of having. Yunho and Changmin seemed so happy. They were as if embraced by happiness.

 

“Okay, excluding Jessica,” Riin looked around, “we still have one to go, where’s Jaejoong and his partner?”

 

“We’re here,” Jaejoong was late. He walked into the living room hand in hand with a young girl. “Heomoni, meet my girlfriend, Sulli.”

 

“Cute girl, that’s his type,” Junsu whispered into her ear. Riin tilted her head, “stop it, it’s ticklish…”

 

“Aigoo, you two should stop,” Yunho pointed over at the two who behaved as if a pair of lovely couple. “Your son is watching you,” Jaejoong sneered.

 

Riin rubbed on Inhwan’s cheek as he looked up to her and Junsu. “Hahahaha,” Madam Kim laughed aloud. “I’m very happy, that’s what I’m hoping for all this while. All my grandchildren have found their true love.”

 

“Jessica, when’s your turn?”

 

“A few days back when I visited her in university,” Madam Kim chuckled. “I saw her with a guy…let’s see, what the name is…Dongho?”

 

“It’s Minho…” she snapped.

 

“Orh…Minho…” they all teased.

 

During the dinner, the family was chatting happily. Each and everyone were giving their idea on how the engagement party for Yunho and Ara should be held. In the midst of those happy chatters, Junsu could sense something very different with Riin. He isn’t the type of a person who would believe in intuition nevertheless he could feel the change of her, and it made him worried.

 

“Junsu ah, 9th of September is yours and Riin’s wedding anniversary. How are you guys going to celebrate it?” his father asked.

 

“I was just about to tell you all something,” Riin stood up from her seat. Taking a deep breath, her voice seems to be trembling. “Junsu and I, mid of…”

 

“We planned on going for a vacation for our 2nd anniversary,” he too got up from his seat; hand clasped on Riin’s. Turning over to face her, he forced out a smile, “Besides that, we’re planning to have a baby.”

 

“I’m going to have a sister soon?” Inhwan jumped up hysterically. “Yeah…”

 

Riin looked up with him with her fiery eyes, frowning. “That’s good news…” Mrs. Kim said. Despite that, Mr. Kim sensed something was wrong.

 

-

 

“Riin ah…” Jaejoong took a seat beside Riin who’s staring out from the terrace to the starry sky. “You know you can always tell me. What had happened?”

 

She buried her face in her palms, “Actually this morning I get a lawyer and filed divorce papers.”

 

“Serious?” Jaejoong was frightened.

 

“We’d made a decision, a week after the anniversary, well separate.”

 

“It’s you who made the decision or him?” Jaejoong rested his arms on the table, “I don’t understand you. Bet that he had made a decision, and that decision is he chooses you over Heebon.” Seeing her speechless, he knew he was right. “So why still want to divorce? Don’t take his words so easy, he doesn’t make it clear it’s because he’s not used to that way but that doesn’t mean he don’t mean it.”

 

-

 

“Yah Jang Riin,” he pulled her back from entering the bathroom. “How long are you planning to avoid me, huh? Look at me!” he shook her.

 

“We’ve made everything clear,” she reminded him. “Divorce, is just a matter of time. So what’s the problem with doing it now?”

 

“Our contract has not ended yet. Today is August 9 there is still a month before it ends, so why are you bringing it up?” his grasped on her was tightening. “In fact, the pact was made two weeks after our wedding.”

 

“Kim Junsu, why did you tell the elders that we’re planning on having baby? What does that mean, what should we do right now?”

 

“If I don’t say that, you’d tell them that we’re divorcing.” Junsu flared up. “Stop it okay, stop pushing me away.”

 

“But…why must you pushed me to a point of no return?”

 

“Shut up!” he pushed her against the wall and pressed his lips against hers. Riin was struggling hard but under his dominating body, she could hardly move an inch. Suddenly, she could feel a drip of water landed on her cheek, it was his tears. Burying his face on her shoulder, he murmured “My heart is aching, so please stop! Are you really serious in divorcing? Do you really want to get rid of me that badly?”

 

-

 

That night, Riin did not sleep in their room nor did she go to Inhwan. She made an excuse that there’s an urgent report she need to work on and will sleep in the study room. Junsu did not pester him but for the whole night, he didn’t get to sleep well. He looked up to the ceiling to see it staring blankly back at him. Bringing up both his hands and rested his head on it, he sighed heavily. He was mindful with the relationship of him and Riin, mind was plagued with millions of question.

 

Close to one in the morning, Riin’s cell phone rang and it was her mother. She smiled upon seeing the caller ID. “Omma…why did you called me at this late of time?”

 

“Riin ah…omma need…I need 2 million by this week,” her voice sounded coarse. “Do you think you can get that for me?”

 

“Omma, why do you need that much of money? Did ajuhsshi lent from loan shark again?”

 

 

Presented by Celestine Blue

//My everything//

 

091001