Chapter 31

My Everything

 

~ My Everything ~ Chapter 31~

 

The very moment Junsu stepped down from the ambulance, he followed the medical staff towards the emergency hall; hands firm on Riin’s which was cold as winter’s snow and her face was pale as ivory. Her brows furrowed in pain, fists tightened along with her skirt. The frail and fragile façade of Riin’s pained his heart; as if being stabbed by thousands of swords. All the way going to the hospital, his grasp never leaves her hands. He was afraid that once he let go of her hand, she’ll disappeared in the midst of this strong storm that had once given them a visit. Rushing into the first emergency room, one of the nurses had halted Junsu from entering the room as she pulled the curtain over leaving Junsu all alone. His heart was bounding terribly fast and it was the first time he’s experiencing such moment. It was palpitating fast as though it would jump out in any time soon. Walking back and forth before the emergency room, he was not sure what he ought to do. And after twenty minutes, he decided to call Jaejoong and asked him to inform the family, he dares not to dial Hankyung’s number. He was not sure if he could face him now as he had once again broken his promise to protect Riin from harm. Nevertheless, he gained the remaining courage in him and called the older man and the moment the devastating news revealed, the opposite person didn’t even ended the call as he abruptly rushed towards the exit.

 

Placing the phone receiver back on its place, the corner of his eyes noticed the doctor came out from the emergency room. Instantaneously, Junsu ran up to the nurse “How is my wife doing?” his voice was trembling, eyes averted to the few medical staffs that were running out from Riin’s emergency room anxiously. “Why are they coming out, something must have happen, tell me now!” his voice slightly rose as he grasped on the nurse’s arms.

 

“Mr. Kim, please calm down and listen to me patiently,” he was shaking her so hard that the nurse could barely get to form a coherent sentence. Seeing Junsu had calmed down a little, the nurse said “Mrs. Kim has a number of bones fractured at her limbs but that’s not the matter. The severe part is that her baby is in an unstable condition, the heartbeat is weak. We need to transfer She’s losing a lot of blood…”

 

“Baby?” Junsu’s eyes were stunned in wide as he interrupted the nurse explanation.

 

She nodded her head, “Yes, Mrs. Kim is two and a half month pregnant, don’t you know this?”

 

He shook his head disbelieving what the nurse had just told him, “She’d aborted the baby…impossible…” he faltered, not understanding what exactly had happened and happening.

 

-Flashback-

 

It was the day Junsu realized he had been harsh for not giving Riin a chance to explain about the pregnancy and when he noticed the pregnancy ultrasound picture, he rushed to the hospital. He was too late as the baby was aborted. With Riin continuously ignoring him, he went to the pub finding all sorts of ways to numb his pain. Coincidently, Yoochun was having his happy hour with the client at the VIP room.

 

Stepping out from the room, Yoochun extended his hand out to offer a friendly handshake with the man. “We look forward to co-operate with you again.”

 

“We’re honored to be given a chance in co-operating with Lotte Fashion,” the man said. Scanning around, he spotted a familiar figure, “Isn’t that Mr. Kim over there, is he?”

 

Sending off the client with one last wave of goodbye, Yoochun reentered the pub and paced towards Junsu’s side. Placing his hand on his shoulder, firmly “Enough…you should return home and look after Riin.” he received no reply from Junsu as he continued downed another glass of wine, “How many have you had?”

 

“Dozen. Not a lot,” he replied without looking at Yoochun.

 

Finally Yoochun attempted to stop him from gulping down another when the bartender handed him the glass of wine. “Don’t give him anymore,” he held on the glass, “That’s more than enough and you’re not any sober, okay. You’re drunk!”

 

“Leave me alone,” Junsu shoved Yoochun off as he tried to grabbed hold on the glass but to no avail, he grasped on the empty air as he before him; everything are in double image. “I would rather to be drunk than conscious. Do you know how bad my heart is aching, to know my baby had been killed?”

 

“Junsu, sometimes what you see, all may not be the truth.” He hinted, “Go home and listen to what Riin’s wants and what should both you and her do.”

 

-Flashback ends-

 

“True enough Mrs. Kim had made an appointment to do the abortion with Dr. Kwon,” the doctor flipped through the patient’s record whilst explaining to Junsu. “But on the same day, she also had cancelled it. We need to transfer her to the operation room and have an emergency surgery. Due to Mrs. Kim’s blood groups is B negative and that our hospital is in lack of that group blood, we need her parents to be here in case they are in need to conduct blood transfusion.”

 

Junsu was flabbergasted by the truth, he was as though frozen and stood still there not giving any response to the doctor. “Mr. Kim, we need you to make arrangement at the counter first before transferring Mrs. Kim to the operation room. Mr. Kim,” the doctor shook his iced body.

 

“We’ll settle those,” a voice came from behind. “I’m his brother in law. Where and who should I approach?” Jaejoong patted on Junsu’s tensed shoulder.

 

Just when Junsu turned around, he met with a pair of fiery eyes which were fuming in anger. And within a second he recognized the familiar figure, it was his brother in law, Hankyung. Without needing to think twice, Hankyung morosely punch Junsu across the face and the fragile young man stumbled back on the floor. Siwon didn’t get to react in time as it happened so fast that no one has thought the composed Hankyung would have such vicious attack on Junsu. Coming back from the registration counter, he saw Hankyung was about to lunge over to Junsu but Siwon who stood by his side have no intention of stopping him and he somewhat knew what was his main motive. Almost instantly, he ran up to Hankyung pulling him back.

 

“Christ…” he held firm on Hankyung, stopping him from rampaging in towards the fragile figure that lied on the floor. The bruise on Junsu’s face was obvious and the vacant look on his face showed how guilty he is. “There’s no point hitting him right now, don’t you realized that? Calm down, hyung.”

 

“How can I? He ruined Riin,” Hankyung’s fiery eyes were glaring at Junsu, ferociously. “If she’s not someone you love, why still keep her by your side. You don’t even know she’s pregnant!”
 

Jaejoong struggled in pulling the strong older man, “Hyung, it’s an accident.”

 

“Are you happy right now, you’d finally ruined her life completely this time around,” Hankyung was trying hard to break free from Jaejoong’s arms. “Satisfied, get lost. I don’t want to see your face!”

 

“What just happened?” Yoochun was startled with the picture before him. “Junsu…” Mrs. Kim rushed over to her son. “What’s with all these bruises?”

 

“How is Riin?” Madam Kim was desperate for an answer.

 

Junsu slowly pushed himself up from the floor, “Doctor said she needs to be transferred to the operation room. The baby is in danger…”

 

“Riin’s pregnant,” the Kim family was shocked.

 

“Who is Kim Riin’s family?” another doctor came out from the room.

 

Junsu ran up to him, “I’m her husband, how is she right now?” he held on his arm.

 

“We’ll now transfer her to the operation room. She is losing a lot of blood and we have not much B Negative blood group.” The doctor explained.

 

“My blood group is same as my sister’s,” Hankyung said. “Okay, follow the nurse and she’ll bring you to the ward for blood transfusion.” He signaled the nurse to lead Hankyung. “There won’t be much problem with her fractured bones and we’ll try our best in keeping both the adult and baby safe.”

 

Before the doctor get to turned around, leaving, Junsu held on his wrist tightened causing him turning around to face him. “Please save my wife, the mother is the utmost important.”

 

“I will…”

 

The nurses pushes the ward bed out from the room, Riin stretched out her hand and almost immediately Siwon grabbed hold on her icy hand, “Riin…are you okay?” he walked along as the bed being pushed towards the lift lobby.

 

“Jun…su…” she barely get to say a word coherently.

 

Grabbing hold on her frail hand, Junsu knelt down by the bed, “Yes…I’m here…” his eyes were filled with tears, Riin could see it. “No worries, you’ll be fine okay…”

 

She nodded, “I’m…sor….ry…”

 

He pecked on her cold hand, “It’s my entire fault…”

 

-

 

Hour and hour had passed but the light above the threshold of the operation room door is yet to flash off. Junsu had been walking back and forth before the operation room time and again; no one seems to be able to stop him. The Kim family and Siwon had left the hospital an hour ago, leaving Yoochun and Jaejoong accompanying Junsu. For almost three hours Riin had entered the operation room, nurses had exited and reentered the operation room several times. The first few times, she was kind enough to answer Junsu’s question but the following three times, perhaps the nurses was too exhausted that they ignored Junsu’s never ending interruption.

 

“Junsu,” Yoochun halted him from approaching the nurse, “Pointless to keep bugging them with the same question. You would be standing in their way disturbing them.”

 

He had his head dropped low again; Yoochun noticed that this action had been done several times. “Three hours. She had entered this room for three hours, what’s that taking them so long?” his tone of voice was so low and breathless that it sounded like he’s collapsing anytime soon.

 

Unfolded his arms, Jaejoong got up from his seat and paced up to Junsu “The doctor said she had few bones fractured, I guess it needs more time to ensure everything it’s okay.” Jaejoong had always been someone and the only one who could convince Junsu all this while. However this time, it doesn’t seem to be working as Junsu remained silent.

 

“She’s not out yet?” Hankyung was on the wheelchair with the nurse assistance. Yoochun walked over and send off the nurse, he slightly shook his head no. From far aside, Hankyung had noticed the weary figure of Junsu leaning against the wall whilst staring still at the operation room doors. “No use if you just stand there. I bet you had not taken your dinner yet and it’s almost 2 in the morning. Go grab something…” Hankyung somewhat felt bad for acting brutally to Junsu before this.

 

“I’m fine,” Junsu said barely above a whisper. Jaejoong suggested, “I and Yoochun will go to the canteen and see what we can get for you guys…”

 

Seeing the two had left, Junsu asked “Are you okay? Still feeling dizzy?”

 

“Just a little,” he said. Clasping his hands before placing them on his lap, he said “They had taken two packets…I think she had lost quite a lot of blood.”

 

“I hope I could replace her instead,” Junsu uttered. “It was my entire fault.”

 

Hankyung placed his hand on Junsu’s shoulder, “It was an accident no one could stop it from happening. Don’t put all the blame on your shoulder,” he soothed.

 

After what seemed forever, finally the light flashed off and the doctor stepped out from the operation room. Junsu ran up to him, “How is she?”

 

“Mrs. Kim, after the blood transfusion, her condition had been stabilized. We were able to stop the internal bleeding and about the fractured bones, it can be cured in time with good care. But…” he stopped for a brief moment, cogitating how the words should be put to minimize the pain he’ll caused them have. “We’re sorry. We’d tried our best in saving the baby but because it’s only ten weeks big, the condition was really bad. I’m sorry,” he bowed.

 

“The baby…” Junsu was overwhelmed by great guilt.

 

Hankyung could feel Junsu’s pain, “When can we visit her?”

 

“She won’t be awake so soon due to the anesthetic effect but you can stay in her ward.” He assured. “Not too many people,” he reminded.

 

-Riin’s Wardroom-

 

Junsu had been seated on the bench before Riin’s ward for almost an hour. Jaejoong took a seat next to him, “Yoochun had gone home. Yoona, her leg is cramp again.” a moment of silence occurred. “Aren’t you going in?”

 

“She’s not awake yet, after all” he said.

 

Leaning his back against the bench, “You do know the first person she wanted to see upon waking is you, so why didn’t you accompany her instead of staring still at one point. She needs your support.”

 

“It’s my fault,” he too leaned against the bench. “How could I not believe that she’s having my baby? If only I gave her a chance to explain and if I know she’s pregnant, I wouldn’t be so reckless letting her cross the road and if…”

 

Holding on his shoulder, Jaejoong said “Don’t if anymore, you can’t turn back in time so look forward.”

 

“Junsu…”

 

Both Jaejoong and Junsu turned to the left to see Heebon. Junsu’s eyes instantly turned fiery, “Jaejoong, there’s something I need to settle with her. Will you excuse us?”

 

“Alright,” he went into Riin’s room, hesitated.

 

Grabbing hold on Heebon’s wrist, he dragged Heebon towards a secluded place and once they reached, he heartlessly pushed her against the wall. “I’m sorry,” she had her knees on the floor whilst holding on her head, tears burst out from her fawn eyes.

 

 

“Why did you do that?!” he almost screamed. “I saw everything, that car I’d bought it for you two years ago, definitely the driver is you. She’s innocent. If anyone need to be blamed and sorry, it’s me not her. How could you be so cruel, Riin’s pregnant YOU KNOW!!!” the anger in him was blazing up. Pulling her up from the floor, harshly “Tell me, what did she do that you had to do this.”

 

“I knew she’s pregnant, I asked her to leave you but she refused,” her tears never stop. “But it was because of her that you’d decided to leave me, to break the promise of staying by my side.” Wrapping herself with both her arms, even she herself cannot imagine she would do such thing. “She had promised to leave you once the pact ends; I thought she’s using her pregnancy to tie you down not letting you off.”

 

Shaking his head, a tear escaped his eye, “Riin, she’d never say a word of asking me to stay. In fact, she even asked me to return back to your side.” Grasping on Heebon’s shoulders, he’s on a verge of breaking down. “Do you know my feeling for you has never change? Until the very moment when you appeared again, my love for you it’s still the same. I admit that between me and Riin, our relationship is going further but I still love you back then. Even if you’d left me for money, my heart is still with you.” He stopped and lowered his head, resting on her shoulder. “Time and again you had put Riin in trouble, adding her workload, locking her in the storeroom…after all these, I still can forgive you. But you’re slowly pushing me towards her. Showing me the huge differences between you two are. Still remember when you’d conspired with Sooyoung to tricked her in the warehouse, she was lucky that I found her. How could you do all these to her when she has no intention at all to snatch me away from you?”

 

“That’s because I love you…”

 

“Loving someone, it shouldn’t be this way,” he shook his head, disappointed with the change in Heebon. “You were the cause that my love for you had changed.” He was about to make his move to leave but halted when…

 

“Junsu,” she grabbed hold on his arm, tightly.  “Don’t reveal this…I might be send off to jail.”

 

Turning around to face her, Heebon could see the cold eyes in him, something she had feared to see all this while. “Impossible. You killed my baby and you almost killed Riin, how can I forgive you. I’ll tell the police what I’d seen.”

 

-

 

“Done talking with her?” Jaejoong asked. Junsu knew by now Jaejoong would found out something. Given his wittiness, Junsu could tell that he’s already suspecting something. “I’ll accompany Hankyung back home. Halmoni and omma will be coming in the morning.”

 

Junsu simply nodded as he sends the two out before stepping into the ward for the first time. He took a seat beside her. Riin’s face was paler than before, gingerly bringing up his arm towards her cheek, he gently caressed her face. “I’m sorry…that’s the only words left for me to say.” Holding on her small hand, he placed it by his cheek feeling the coldness from her hand. “Riin…”

 

Her eyes slowly fluttered open to see a frail figure before her, the weariness in him was paining Riin. He looked at her sadly and Riin thought, it was as if mirroring how she felt. Reaching out for his hand, frailly, a small smile crept on her face as their hands made contact. “You should go home and get some rest…”

 

She was cut off when Junsu placed his finger on her lips, “The one who need to rest more is you.”

 

“Junsu,” she gestured him to help her up as she got up in a sitting position with her back leaned against the pillow. Looking down on her bandaged right hand, she said in a low voice “I’m sorry…I wanted to tell you, but…no one gets to predict such fatal accident would happen.”

 

Stretching out his hand towards her free hand, “Riin, look at me,” he gingerly turned her head a little; searching for her eye contact. “Why didn’t you tell me earlier? You didn’t have the abortion, but you never tell me. I don’t even have the chance to protect the both of you…” he gently wrapped both her arms around her petite body.

 

“It was my fault. When appa came to me, persuading me not to abort the baby…I never thought I would listen to him,” she sobbed in Junsu’s neck. “I was finding a right time, right place to tell you…but…” more tears escaped her eyes.

 

Parting her from his embrace, Junsu’s eyes were red “I saw the whole thing. It was Heebon who hit you and ran off just like that…I’m going to reveal this to the police. They will be here tomorrow…”
 

“No…” she held on his wrist, firmly. “I know it’s her who did it. But let her go, I owed her too much and this is the only way I can repay her.”

 

“Owe? You owe her nothing.” Junsu was about to flare up but recalling the person before her is a fragile patient after all, he held back his anger. “I’m not letting her off this easily. She needs to repay what she’d done.”

 

“I beg you; no…” she bowed her head.

 

Calming her down, Junsu worried dead that she would injure herself more. “Stop moving around, every part of you is bruised and if you’re to move around like this, it would get worst.” seeing her pleading eyes, he hardly gets to harden his heart. “Let’s talk about this later. The utmost important thing is your health.”

 

“So I concede you had agreed with me,” Riin pestered.

 

“I said we’ll talk about this later,” he said, trying hard to refrain himself from throwing his temper.

 

Riin pouted, “Liar…”

 

“Fine,” he raised his hands up in the air a sign of surrendering. He leaned in and whispered, “You always said you always die in my hand. It seems now is the other way around….”

 

“That’s good news…” she smirked, victoriously.

 

Sitting on the bed by her side, he held on her left hand “Promise me, from now on never keep any secret from me and no matter what happens, you got to tell me, each and every little thing.” Seeing her nodding her head, he leaned in, delicately pressed his lips against Riin’s.

 

When they parted, Riin looked up to his eyes “I promise.”

 

-

 

Half a month later, Riin was discharged from the hospital. She was recovering fast with the elders’ good care. Throughout the half a month time, Junsu had been going back and forth from office to hospital, from the hospital travelled back to home before returning back to hospital again just to accompany Riin for the night. It was obvious that he had dropped some weight.

 

“Yay…unnie finally comes home,” Jessica cheered. “Inhwan had been missing you so much…”

 

She looked down to her little spoiled son, “I miss you too…” she rubbed his little pinkish cheek. Turning over to Yunho and Ara, her smile faded. “Yunho oppa really sorry. Because of me your engagement party needs to be postponed…seriously you don’t have to do so because of me.”

 

Wrapping his hand around Ara’s shoulder, “It’s not like what you thought. Both of us wanted everyone to attend the banquet, that’s why we came out with this decision.”

 

Riin turned to Junsu and smiled. Walking back to their room, Junsu closed the door behind his back, “Appa had approved your one month leave. He even asked, if there’s any need of having another 2 weeks.”

 

“A month is more than enough,” Riin seated on the side of the bed. “With Heebon resigning, Yoochun can’t handle everything.”

 

“Sure?” he seated beside her before tucking her hair behind her ear. He looked down to see her expression whilst caressing her soft cheek. “I’ll help Yoochun, so there’s not much thing you need to worry about.” Riin smiled. Although she had lost something but yet she felt contented. With Junsu by her side, she can never ask for more.

 

-

 

Yunho and Ara’s engagement banquet was held a month later. Halfway through the engagement banquet, Junsu made up an excuse and dragged Riin out from the hall. He drove for a long distance, so long that Riin ended up fallen into a deep nap. The moment they arrived, Junsu contemplated whether or not he should wake her up from her nap. He enjoyed just watching her sleeping face. Sometimes, he wondered why it took him so long to realized, happiness is just by his side. Gently caressing on her face, Riin shifted her body and within five seconds, she was woken up by the familiar touches.

 

“Arrived?” she stretched out both her arms. “Why didn’t you wake me up?”

 

“Let’s go to the beach…” he exited the car and walked over to Riin’s side and opened the door. “Come on, lazy pig…”

 

“Why are you bringing me to my old house?” Riin slid her hand into Junsu’s feeling him interlocking with her fingers. She leaned her head on his arm, idly. “You have no other better place to bring me to?”

 

“Shh…” he led her towards the beach side and settled down. “You would feel really calm just listening to the sound of waves, wouldn’t you?”

 

She sat beside him, “Yeah…I always here in the past. Perhaps, this caused me feel there’s nothing special about it.”

 

“Actually, there’s something I wanted to know…” Junsu uttered, his voice was so low that Riin barely get to hear what he said. “Know? About what?”

 

“Your past,” Junsu slowly turned over to gaze at Riin, “with Siwon.”

 

“Me and Siwon?” she was startled by his request. “Why all of the sudden you’re asking about that? What’s so tempting about it that you wanted to know?”

 

“Aren’t you telling me, from how did you two met, what’s your feeling for him and how did he approached you…all those…”

 

With her eyes squinted, she asked “Kim Junsu, are you jealous or something?”

 

He turned to her, “What if I am?”

 

“There’s nothing much to be jealous about,” her smile faded the moment she received a stern face of expression from Junsu. “Siwon and I didn’t even start anything to begin with.”

 

“Siwon….” he looked out to the beach with small waves repeatedly hit their foot. “That’s how you call him, with that delicate tone of voice?”

 

“Kim Junsu,” she frowned. “Nothing, really there’s nothing to talk about. What’s wrong?”

 

“I just need to know…” a moment of awkward silent occurred, turning over to face Riin, he said “IF you’re given a chance, between me and Siwon, who will you choose?”

 

“Of course it would be you,” tears filled in her eyes. “Quit this irritating game, okay. I hate you being like this,” she rubbed her eyes.

 

“Don’t rub,” he grabbed hold on her small hands. “It’ll only make it worst…”

 

She looked up at him with tears flowing down her face, “A great day had ruined by you, completely.”

 

Pulling her into his arms, “Like you, I do will feel insecure.” He held her tight in his embrace, “although you’re here in my arms, but yet I felt you’re so out of reach. It was like it takes me millions years to reach you.”

 

“Junsu…” he gently cupped her face, “tell me, what happened in the past between you two. I’d always lose to him back then…and I’m just worried that I would lose you to him too…” he rested on her shoulder whilst nibbling her neck.

 

“I remember when I first met him; it was the first day I registered in the university. At that time, I wasn’t sure why I would have such a weird feeling upon meeting him. He was really nice to me, he showed me around the university and when we get to know each other longer, he became my very close friend. Siwon had always been honest to me, never once he had lied to me. And perhaps it was this that made me feel safe by his side.” She stopped awhile, “but something really bad about him is that, he would use all sort of way in order to get what he wants. His desire was wild. He craved for unreachable things and if he has the ability, he would grab the star from the sky for me. That’s what he had said to me. Sometimes, desires are devastating, I do believe that one day he’ll be doom by his own desire; unreachable things that ought not to be craved.”

 

Looking down on the white sand, Junsu took a deep breath, “That’s not the thing I wanted to know…”

 

“I’m going into the soon,” she hits on his forehead. “It was you who wanted to know…so you got to bear with my weak story telling skill. When I get to know about the fact that you actually was in the same class as him, it was then I realized the person Siwon had always been tricking was you. For as long as I remember, he would be very excited and happy after winning you. He would run all the way to my hostel and jumped before me, frantically. I wonder how stupid could that person be to fall into his tricks time and again.” looking at her husband’s side view, she asked “Won’t you know or find it familiar for he has always used the same old way to win over you.”

 

“Cut that off,” he was embarrassed. “Skip that part as I only wanted to know about you and him so stop dragging me into the topic.” Riin could tell that Junsu was agitated.

 

“Fine…as I remember, it was his birthday that he had hinted to me. But I ignored him and just treated nothing has happened. To me, if you really love a person, you need to confess in an appropriate way. Not hinting with vague clues…I hate that very much.”

 

Junsu rolled his eyes, “That’s because you’re a moron and hated to use this brain of yours to think…” he gently poked on her forehead.

 

“Yah…” she crossed her arms against her chest. “Every girl wish to have a memorable confession from the one she love…it took him too long to realize what I really need. I knew he was about to make his confession, but in that time, my father had just passed away and I seriously don’t have the time in thinking all those. I left US without even leaving any message for him.”

 

“That’s cruel…” he commented.

 

Riin tittered, “Yeah, I am. Seriously, I just treat Siwon like my brother. Even if he had confessed to me, I would have turned him down. For me, he will always be a brother which will always stay by my side, supporting me. Nothing more than that…” reaching over for his hand, Riin tightened her held on him, “Kim Junsu, he was the first person who made me fall for him from head to toe. No matter how hard I try to get rid of him, it’s still futile. As I’m fated to be with you forever,” she rested her forehead against his before pecking on his lips. Just when she was about to pull out, he tilted his head to deepen the kiss.

 

“Jang Riin, I love you…”

 

 

Presented by Celestine Blue

//My everything//

 

091217