The Dress

The Story That Just Began...

 

December 22nd, 2015

 

Beast was performing live on stage at a university, while Nayoung was standing near one of the stage exits watching their performance. She smiled shaking her head when she saw Yoseob take a bouquet of roses from the audience, and throw back a couple of the flowers with a handsome smile on his face. “Ah, he's always trying to please the fans.” She thought to herself as she kept watching, wondering what it would be like to actually receive a flower from him.

 

She was snapped out of her daydreams by the loud cheering of “OPPA~” by the fans as their performance came to an end. She started handing out towels and water bottles to the members, but held back in giving Yoseob his water bottle.

 

“Weirdo, give me my water! It's not easy to sing live!” He said trying to reach for the water bottle, but she held it farther away.

“Why don't you just ask your fans!” She mocked him, “They gave you that bouquet!” She said pointing to the bouquet in his hand.

“This?” He said with a smirk, “Why, are you jealous?”

 

Nayoung scoffed at his remark, throwing the water bottle at him that he skilfully caught. “Why would I be jealous of that? You handed out most of the roses anyways.” She turned away from him and walked towards the waiting room, her hood hiding her red cheeks.

 

“So that's why you're jealous! Are you sad that I didn't give you one?” He jumps in front of her, bending slightly so his face was at her level, and pouted in a cute yet teasing way. Because of the darkness backstage, he didn't notice her blushing.

 

“Only your fans want flowers from you, not me!” She was about to enter the waiting room when he held the rest of the bouquet in front of her. “Take it,” He said with a smirk, “You deserve it more than the fans.”

 

Nayoung blushed furiously as she held her head down, trying to slow down her increased heartbeat rate. “No thank you,” She mumbled defiantly before walking in as all the boys were looking at them, watching yet another one of the regular dramas unfold between the two.

 

“Yah, take it! It's not like anyone else is going to give you one!” He said with a scoff.

 

“Excuse me,” She turned around to face, her face now red with anger, “I can get a bouquet from any guy I want.”

 

Yoseob started laughing, and Nayoung saw that the other boys were trying to hold in their laughter. She pushed up her glasses in a rebellious manner, before galring at everyone. “Why? Can't I get flowers from boys?”

 

“Nayoung-ah, have you seen yourself in the mirror?” Doojoon said laughing, Yoseob was laughing too hard to say anything.

“Omma, I thought you were a guy the first time we met!” Dongwoon reminded everyone.

“There's no feminine appeal to you,” Junhyung said looking her up and down. “It would only take a miracle for a guy to fall for you.”

“I can get any guy I want, it's just that I don't try!” She said a little too recklessly, causing the boys to burst into laughter.

“Weirdo, if you can get a sincere flower from a guy, then I'll wear a short skirt and walk outside!” Yoseob said, trying stop his laughter but failing.

 

Nayoung was so mad at that point, she wasn't thinking straight. “Fine, that's a deal then!”

“What's a deal?” Yoseob asked, his laughter slowly coming to an end.

“If by the end of this week, no by the end of this day I get a flower from a boy, you will wear a skirt! No stocking!” She declared fiercely.

“What happens if you don't?” He asked cockily.

“Then noona will perform with us!” Hyunseung declared.

“No, since it's between omma and Yoseob, omma will dance for Yoseob on stage during our concert.”

“FINE! Agreed.” She said enraged as she stormed out of the room.

“Why does it feel like I got double punishment?” Yoseob said scratching his head, making everybody burst out into laughter.

 

Nayoung stormed back in almost as soon as she left. “Yeah, I forgot we have more schedule today. Let's get going.” She said, slightly red from embarrassment. The boys laughed as they left for a talk show.

 

This was a special talk show, that featured different idol groups and their manager to reveal the personal lives and habits of the idols. Super Junior and their manager were also appearing on this episode, to portray the two top idol groups of two generations. Beast met up with their manager at the shooting site, when suddenly a PD comes running up to them.

 

“Excuse me there's been a slight problem...” He says apologetically towards the group.

“What is it? Can I help in anyway?” Nayoung said, not understanding what the problem could be.

“Well, since you had been a hot topic recently,” He said, talking directly to Nayoung, “You know, being a girl and living with boys and what not... So we just assumed it was you that was going to come. We didn't even check until a little while ago...”

“So...” Nayoung said fearing the worst, a cancellation.

“So the script was written with you in mind. So if you don't mind can you please do the show for today?” he said with hope and apology.

“Eh? But how can I? I mean I'm not ready...” She stuttered as the boys and manager stared at her.

“If it's wardrobe, then don't worry, we will provide it. And the script is nothing much really, just some questions about your daily life.... Please do this, otherwise we have to change the script which will delay production by at least an hour!”

 

Nayoung looked towards the manager, not knowing what to do. He sighed and nodded before speaking, “She'll do it.” He then ushered her off to women's dressing room while he took the boys to their dressing room.

 

“Can omma do it?” Kikwang said worriedly.

“She should be fine, she's been on BTS cameras before” Yoseob said, trying to encourage not only the members but also himself. Everyone falls into silence as they get ready, worrying about Nayoung.

 

Nayoung on the other hand was dragged to a dressing room where a cordi-unnie flinched looking at her. “How am I supposed to make her look good?” She thought to herself as she walked up to Nayoung.

 

“Excuse me what size are you?” She asked Nayoung with sigh, thinking she'd at least be a large.

“Sm-small.” She mumbled, very confused and shy.

 

The cordi-unnie almost laughed, “Honey, I think you got your Korean mixed.” She sighed, rolling her eyes, “Please take off that hoody so I can check your size.”

 

Nayoung took off her giant hoody, which was at least 3 sizes bigger than her size, revealing a slender and small girl with a decent figure.

 

The cordi-unnie's jaw dropped when she saw Nayoung's figure, not believing her eyes. “Sit on that chair and let your hair down. I also do makeup” She explained as she quickly started grabbing many dresses. “What's the power for your glasses? We need to get you contacts.” She asked busily.

 

“Oh, I don't actually need glasses. They are just there to keep the dust out.” She said as she took off her glasses. The cordi-unnie turned and her jaw dropped when she saw Nayoung, a victorious smile spreading across her face as she thought, “I'll be known as a legend in the makeup industry after this!” and quickly started getting to work.

 

 

 

 

The Beast boys were anxiously waiting in the recording studio, not paying much attention to their surroundings. Yoseob was walking up and down, when someone tapped him from behind.

 

“So...?” She said, waiting for a reply. But Yoseob just quickly turned and gave her a smile before continuing his, when he suddenly froze mid step. He slowly turned around and took a closer look and gasped when he realized who it was.

 

“WEIRDO?!” He screamed pointing at Nayoung, as the rest of the boys looked up at her. Everyone's jaw dropped and they froze where ever they were, speechless.

 

Nayoung was wearing a short off white elegant dress that only came up to her knees, revealing her long and slender legs that were accentuated by silver heels. The dress fitted her perfectly around her waist, showing off her perfect figure. Her long hair was let loose and curled around the small of her back. She was given natural toned make up with stunning dark eyeshadow, that emphasized the big black eyes.

 

“Noona?” Hyunseung asked not believing his eyes.

“Of course!” She smiled sheepishly.

“Omma you're beautiful!” Dongwoon blurted out loudly which broke the awkward tension.

“He's right, who knew our he-she manager was actually a pretty girl?” Doojoon said with a smile.

“Oi, that cordi-noona must have been a magician, to turn a frog like you into a princess.” Yoseob mocked, slightly nervous for a reason that even he did not understand.

“Of course! She has to turn you into a decent human being everyday.” She retaliated, but then her eyes shot wide open and she grabbed onto Yoseob's arm. “So I look like a princess?” She asked eagerly.

“Yeah right!” He said trying to turn away from her, his face completely red from blushing too much. “It's just a saying....”

“But you still said I looked like a princess! Admit it.” She started playfully poking him.

“Yah, get away! You're so annoying!” He tried to cover up.

“You think I'm pretty! You think I'm beautiful!” She started singing as she poked him even more now.

 

Slightly annoyed, he grabbed her hand and turned towards her. Since she was holding onto his arm, she was standing quite close to him. As he turned, they both froze looking into each others eyes. Both of them blushed as they realized their faces were less than two inches apart.