The Hospital Once Again

The Story That Just Began...

So... I see Doctor Who references everywhere, and thus the doctor shall remain unnamed.

SUPER DUPER FUN CONTEST!!

If this story gets 100+ subscribers before I finish this story, you, mu loyal readers, will be able to suggest ANYTHING for the remaining oart of the story. To make things efficient, start suggesting now, and whichever suggestions get repeated the most often will be thrown up as a poll. Whichever gets the highest vote.... well, that'll be what I'll be writing about... So get suggesting!

So yeah.... enjoy, comment, subscribe and upvote!!!!... Not necessarily in that order!

 

-----------------------------------------------x-----------------------------------------------

 

Shawkat’s phone ringing brought him out of his thoughts, as he rolled on the bed to get his phone that had fallen on the floor. He had not changed, except take his suit jacket off and was lying awake for his sister. It had been 3 hours already since she left, so when he heard the phone ring, he was hoping it was her.

 

He sat up as he answered the phone, “Where are you? You’ve talked with him enough now get back right this instant!” He snapped.

 

...Shawkat it’s me.” The doctor answered from the other end of the line, his voice small with hesitation.

 

Shawkat furrowed his eyebrows at his friend’s voice, “Why are you calling so late?

 

The doctor hesitantly began, “I got a call about two hours ago about on my patient’s condition getting worse... Her records not being available here, I had to fly in to Japan.....

 

He did not need to finish his sentence for Shawkat to know who he was talking about. He took a deep breath to calm himself, then asked, “How is she?

 

You better come in first. I already called Doojoon to drive you here. Knowing how she is I also told him not to tell the other boys, so PLEASE don’t argue with him right now just get here.” The doctor pleaded. Shawkat just let go of the breath he was holding and hung up.

 

He stepped out of the room to see Doojoon already ready with car keys in his hand. They shared a solemn look before both of them headed down to the hospital.

 

When they reached the hospital Doojoon went to the front desk to ask about Nayoung, to which the receptionist directed him down a hall to her room. With a quick glance at Shawkat that clearly read ‘follow me,’ he went to find her room.

 

The door to her room was slightly open, and through the crack they could see Nayoung lying on the bed, with an IV drip attached to her right hand and a box like bulge round her waist area that was covered by a blanket. Yoseob was sitting on the other side of the bed, away from the door, holding Nayoung’s needle-free hand, worry clearly written on his face.

 

Instantly assuming it was Yoseob’s fault, Shawkat was about to barge in and beat the crap out of him when a hand on his shoulder stopped. He turned to see Doojoon gravely looking at him, shaking his head to indicate he should not do what he wants.

 

But my sister...” Shawkat hissed, anger seeping out of every pore in his body.

 

Nayoung need rest. No fighting.” He quietly answered. There was something in Doojoon’s look that told him that they will figure everything out once the time is right, but right now they both need to react with caution.

 

Nodding reluctantly, they both quietly stepped in through the door. Yoseob looked up to see the 2 men, a look bewilderment present on his face.

 

“Doojoon-ah, they’re not telling me anything!” Yoseob hysterically whispered in an attempt not to wake Nayoung up.

 

“Calm down, the doctor said he wants to talk to all of us at the same time.” He pulled out his phone and called the doctor, who appeared in the room a few moments later.

 

“Good you’re all here.” He said once he walked in and saw all three boys.

 

“Things aren’t bad as we thought it was,” he started, repeating everything in English for Shawkat as he spoke. “Nayoung, I mean Nazia... whatever, seems to have fractured her ribs... again. She also tore a ligament in her left foot... again. Right now she’s on painkillers and sleeping pills so she could rest. Oh, one more thing. Usually we don’t put casts on rib injuries, but knowing Nazia... we had to.” He said, pointing to the box like bulge. He cautiously glanced at Shawkat, who was fuming now, breathing hard to control his nerves.

 

How did this happen?” Shawkat growled under his breath.

 

The thing is she broke it last time about 2 weeks ago, and it takes about a month for broken ribs to heal. It’s a good thing that in both cases her internal organs weren’t damaged. Anyways, she probably performed some strenuous activity today that hurt her injured area again...” He translated back in Korean for the other boys when he finished.

 

Shawkat’s eyes shot to look at Yoseob accusingly, who looked towards Doojoon for help. Doojoon calmly answered, which the doctor translated for Shawkat, “We had our concert today, so Nayoung flew in this morning to join us as she had a dance performance with us. After that you came,” Doojoon said, nodding towards Shawkat, “Then she was with you the whole time, until...” He trailed off and they all turned to look at Yoseob.

 

He slowly started, “I went straight to the roof top, and after a while I saw Nayoung running around the parking lot of the hotel. I didn’t want her to suffer anymore and called her to tell her where I was... She came upstairs, we talked... and then she fainted.” With each word he was feeling more and more guilty. Not only was he the cause of her original injuries, now he is the reason why she got worse.

 

“Was it a very difficult dance?” The doctor asked, directing the question towards Doojoon.

 

“Not really,” Doojoon answered thoughtfully. As the doctor translated, Shawkat shot a venomous glance at Doojoon, which compelled him to continue. “No, I mean I’ve had abdominal injuries before, so I know what kind of physical stress will make it worse. But the dance strenuous enough to do that to her.”

 

Trying to calm down, Shawkat looked at his sister, always so headstrong but looking so frail at this moment. The girl who was barely ever allowed to do anything that may injure her, even in her judo classes, was now lying broken. He remembered how she would always rush into things, trying to take the shortcut to everything and he’d have to stop her....

 

Suddenly his eyes shot open at a sudden realization. “Was she panting when she got to the rooftop?” He snarled at Yoseob.

 

“What?” He looked at the doctor who translated for him. After thinking for a bit he absentmindedly replied, “Well not quite panting but she was breathing slightly heavily...”

 

As soon as the doctor finished translating, Shawkat threw himself at Yoseob, only to be held back by the fast reacting Doojoon. “SHE RAN UP THE ING STAIRS FOR YOU!” He thundered, struggling to get free of Doojoon’s grip. “MY OF A SISTER RISKED HER LIFE FOR A MAN SHE MET 2 MONTHS AGO! AND FOR WHAT? WHAT CAN YOU GIVE HER IN RETURN?

 

There was no translation needed for Yoseob to understand what Shawkat was saying. His hands gripped tighter around her hand that he hand been holding this whole time. Just then Nayoung started stirring, his attention fell on her face. Her eyebrows were furrowed as she was being woken by the commotion. Noticing that, the doctor motioned Doojoon to take Shawkat out, who was still struggling in his grips. Forcefully Doojoon dragged him out of the room, followed by the doctor who securely shut the door behind them.

 

Shawkat kept struggling to get free, but Doojoon did not loosen his grip on him until they were outside of the hospital. Shawkat shook him off roughly, as he glared at both the doctor and Doojoon.

 

Doojoon glared back at him, as the sun was rising behind them. “It is morning. We talk, the doctor translate for us.